PDA

View Full Version : DC: PSOv1

Sinix
Feb 24, 2003, 10:54 PM
Can someone post any info on if its possible to go online with the old PSOv1? I havent played it since segas DC special ISP went down, remember you had to pay for their special IP and whatnot. Is there anyway to get online with a DC now? What is involved in doing that? I have DSL now, so i think that might mess it up, but assuming i can use dialup, what are the options?

Also, does anyone know any websites or info on repairing a dreamcast, because mine has always had a tendency of restarting mid-gameplay, and i dont know the reason for it, it can hardly get into a game at all anymore.

Axispoint
Feb 24, 2003, 11:16 PM
I still go online fine with my V1. I just use my ISP and it works great. Not a lot of people still on there, though (and of those people, most of them are hackers).

geewj
Feb 24, 2003, 11:20 PM
First use the web browers CD to set your dial up options. Once they are set just turn on PSO and play.

Sinix
Feb 25, 2003, 01:07 AM
Well, its not that simple, because im using DSL, and not dialup, and i dont have a BBA. The good news is, ive managed to go thru my computers modem and use DSL to connect to PSO thru the standard dialup modem. The bad news is after connecting to PSO it gets stuck on the dim screen with the colored spinning hexagons. Which means my NAT thingy isnt working, dammit... this would be alot easier with cable instead of DSL. Anyway, Does anyone know anything about winroute PRO? Or any NAT that can help me play PSO thru DSL....

Im so close, i can smell it, im gonna keep on this all night.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 01:25 AM
Advanced settings, port mapping:
40975, 41231, 41487, 41743
PSO uses those.

Sinix
Feb 25, 2003, 02:31 AM
Yes, i have that, but hmm... i cant even get the browser to work right. Which doesnt even involve port mapping. It connects, but then cant seem to get anywhere, so ahhh.. i dont get it.

saffaya
Feb 25, 2003, 03:06 AM
what are you using ? I've succesfully done that with v2 under Win98SE and Linux using PPPoE ADSL.

Mystil
Feb 25, 2003, 03:12 AM
If it didn't cost so much to get a phoneline, the CD broswer and a new PSO game. Hmm it would be nice to get back on there. But what does it matter, I'm getting the GC version.

Sinix
Feb 25, 2003, 04:03 AM
Ehh.. using WinME and Winroute Pro.. im on pppoe dsl. Did you use winroute pro? I dont understand what the listen IPs should be set to in the port mapping.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 25, 2003, 04:06 AM
On 2003-02-24 19:54, Sinix wrote:

Also, does anyone know any websites or info on repairing a dreamcast, because mine has always had a tendency of restarting mid-gameplay, and i dont know the reason for it, it can hardly get into a game at all anymore.

If these resets were online with PSO on the DC then it might just be that people are RSOD'ing you. Basically they use a cheat device to force your DC to reset by itself.

rena-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 04:52 AM
doenst sound like cheaters when its so frequent...
is it also like this offline and in other games?
do you have the option to exchange the modem with one that you know that its working?

Sinix
Feb 25, 2003, 09:18 AM
The rebooting doesnt have to do with the modem or anything.. it happens with any game offline, online, whenever. Sometimes within seconds of starting it up.

rena-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 10:56 AM
hm... maybe the fuse... or the power supply.

here: some german forum about it

http://www.wolfsoft.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1755&forum=5

interesting is following part:
"der Streichholz-Trick" (match-trick)

http://mitglied.lycos.de/ClanDerPlanlosen/DCBoot.jpg

seems to be an usual problem...
when the dreamcast reboots out of the blue, unplug it, open it, set a toothpick or halfed match like on the picture above... voila - according to that forum you should be fine with that...

saffaya
Feb 25, 2003, 05:15 PM
On 2003-02-25 01:03, Sinix wrote:
Ehh.. using WinME and Winroute Pro.. im on pppoe dsl. Did you use winroute pro? I dont understand what the listen IPs should be set to in the port mapping.

WinME ? that explains ..
WinME sucks real hard. I think M$ removed the Internet sharing capabilities from it.
You would be better with a Win98SE if you can get a copy of it.
Yes, I did use the Winroute Pro software. But the first step is to get the DC browser running. Port mapping settings come after that.

Jkid
Feb 25, 2003, 07:40 PM
One advice before you g into Ver.1:avoid Oberion like the zombie.Always,if possible play on the Japanese servers.Or sometimes at the Europe server.

Sinix
Feb 25, 2003, 10:16 PM
aww, rena, that picture doesnt seem to be working. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

rena-ko
Feb 26, 2003, 05:34 AM
ah? really? hm... it works for me, and its not mine... maybe serverissues - well, pm me your mailadress and i'll send it to you, ok? ^_^