PDA

View Full Version : THIS GUY AGAIN?!?!?!

Breakfast2go
Nov 26, 2009, 07:55 PM
I was wondering if having a 100 MST mag is a good idea.
One of the reasons why I want this set up is because all of the
Mind prevailing mags in the 4th tier don't have the Flozir Photon Blast.

It think Flozir "no pp is comsumed consumed for Technique and Photon Arts"
Photon Blast effect is good with the combination of a high MST. Since I'm creating
this mag for my FOnewm, he could laydown more damage in 20 seconds with
techniques that can't miss than from Granir in its super hit (that could miss
because of how long it takes to activate). [I know it takes a long time to active
because it gives a chance for people to join in to increase it's effect but, your
computer allies in single-player mode don't bother to use their bast]

What I basically want to know is if you made a 100MST mag, was it successful?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING~

sylwyn
Nov 26, 2009, 08:03 PM
Full mind build if you know you won't be whacking much, which you won't be since FOnewm has the lowest ATA in the game. So that is the most viable set-up, unless you want to go slicer and boost ATA values (requires alot more work~).

Flozir is indeed much more useful especially when you photon chain it, Granir was based on ATK the last time I read about it.

Flozir chain1-4: inf. pp > half cast time > always crit > invincibility
And these boosts apply to those who chained with you as well.

Wash
Nov 26, 2009, 09:52 PM
I have a 100 mind mag on my FOmarl, and yeah I seriously advise raising one, if only to try it out. My palette is more heals and support, but damn I leave zonde there as my only offensive spell (well, sometimes): infinite pp + razonde + multiple enemies/targets (like on a boss) = much more damage than the other photon blasts. At level 51 I'm hitting like ~150 per enemy (on smaller stuff upwards of like 200), so on a boss with multiple hit points like reyburn I'm hitting some crazy numbers. I have a PP regen level 4, too, so while the photon blast is going on I'm just gaining PP back, so that's another plus.

I will admit, though, that it isn't that super effective on many other bosses... Obviously you can still pump out spells one after another but in the end it probably just about evens out. Build it up on another character (that way when you're getting 5* wands and rods and stuff it'll go up really quick; I built my pure in like a week playing on my RAcast on hard, and I don't play like a madman lol).

Breakfast2go
Nov 26, 2009, 09:54 PM
Full mind build if you know you won't be whacking much, which you won't be since FOnewm has the lowest ATA in the game. So that is the most viable set-up, unless you want to go slicer and boost ATA values (requires alot more work~).

Flozir is indeed much more useful especially when you photon chain it, Granir was based on ATK the last time I read about it.

Flozir chain1-4: inf. pp > half cast time > always crit > invincibility
And these boosts apply to those who chained with you as well.

I have a 100 mind mag on my FOmarl, and yeah I seriously advise raising one, if only to try it out. My palette is more heals and support, but damn I leave zonde there as my only offensive spell (well, sometimes): infinite pp + razonde + multiple enemies/targets (like on a boss) = much more damage than the other photon blasts. At level 51 I'm hitting like ~150 per enemy (on smaller stuff upwards of like 200), so on a boss with multiple hit points like reyburn I'm hitting some crazy numbers. I have a PP regen level 4, too, so while the photon blast is going on I'm just gaining PP back, so that's another plus.

I will admit, though, that it isn't that super effective on many other bosses... Obviously you can still pump out spells one after another but in the end it probably just about evens out. Build it up on another character (that way when you're getting 5* wands and rods and stuff it'll go up really quick; I built my pure in like a week playing on my RAcast on hard, and I don't play like a madman lol).

Thanks for the tips

Breakfast2go
Nov 26, 2009, 10:01 PM

Do you have problems with taking damage?

Wash
Nov 27, 2009, 12:51 AM
Do you have problems with taking damage?

I do take some damage sometimes, but that's one reason I always have deband on my palette (another is because 9/10 rangers I play with don't use it so I might as well). With that I really don't worry much during the level itself; certain enemies poop on me quickly (that big robot in the Arca Plant that shoots homing missiles gets 3/4 of my health with one missile), but I'm never really worrying about my health otherwise. Some bosses, on the other hand, I have to be very careful about. The only bosses that have the ability to kill me in one hit are Octo Diablo (when he grabs you) and the boss at Arca Plant (when he stuns you with one laser/freezes you with another and slashes forward). Reyburn and Mother Trinity have attacks that come close to killing me, but deband and a quick heal solve that. Overall it's not difficult to have a pure mind mag and keep yourself alive.

*Keep in mind this is Hard, not Super Hard. THEN I'd have problems lol*

Let me tell you what I have in terms of armor:

Aegir Robe +10
-Master/Guard
-Hero/PP
-Hero/PP
-PP Recovery Lv 4

I listed this as a way to show that I have only one piece of armor dedicated to defense, so in essence you could be more balanced in terms of defense (I opt for a lot of PP though because I figure in most situations I can keep myself alive; and I like just blasting razonde one after another for 1000's of damage lol).

Breakfast2go
Nov 27, 2009, 03:03 AM
I do take some damage sometimes, but that's one reason I always have deband on my palette (another is because 9/10 rangers I play with don't use it so I might as well). With that I really don't worry much during the level itself; certain enemies poop on me quickly (that big robot in the Arca Plant that shoots homing missiles gets 3/4 of my health with one missile), but I'm never really worrying about my health otherwise. Some bosses, on the other hand, I have to be very careful about. The only bosses that have the ability to kill me in one hit are Octo Diablo (when he grabs you) and the boss at Arca Plant (when he stuns you with one laser/freezes you with another and slashes forward). Reyburn and Mother Trinity have attacks that come close to killing me, but deband and a quick heal solve that. Overall it's not difficult to have a pure mind mag and keep yourself alive.

Aegir Robe +10
-Master/Guard
-Hero/PP
-Hero/PP
-PP Recovery Lv 4

I listed this as a way to show that I have only one piece of armor dedicated to defense, so in essence you could be more balanced in terms of defense (I opt for a lot of PP though because I figure in most situations I can keep myself alive; and I like just blasting razonde one after another for 1000's of damage lol).

Thank you for the tips!!!!
I have just one last question, for materials, should i put more in health, or in armor?
I want to thank you again for being very helpful~

Evicous
Nov 27, 2009, 03:19 AM
I am truly interested as to how 1/10 rangers use Deband when you play with them. Hunters get S/D and Rangers get J/Z this time around.

Wash
Nov 27, 2009, 02:33 PM
I am truly interested as to how 1/10 rangers use Deband when you play with them. Hunters get S/D and Rangers get J/Z this time around.

yeah idk why i put that haha I meant hunters =/

Thank you for the tips!!!!
I have just one last question, for materials, should i put more in health, or in armor?
I want to thank you again for being very helpful~

No problem at all!

That's a question idk if I can answer as surely as the other ones though... as a FOmarl I have focused only on MST and PP (20 and 15 so far, respectively) because I'm kinda just trying to max out the full support/damage I can on this character (a stat whore in short lol). As a human I know I have a little bit more HP and DFP to play with, and that's why I do that. I haven't played a FOnewrl, so I don't know exactly how difficult it is to stay alive in tough situations, and I don't want to give bad advice, you know? Looking at end-game stats:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25A5%25B9%25A5%25C6%25A1%25BC%25A5%25BF%25A5%2 5B9&ei=A0DuSoviJ8qztgfJ9PA6&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/%253F%2525A5%2525B9%2525A5%2525C6%2525A1%2525BC%25 25A5%2525BF%2525A5%2525B9%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfir efox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DoX7

makes it no easier, figuring you have the lowest HP and DFP. Personally though I'd do more DFP materials: with a defense so low a strong hit from a boss could probably take out even a FOnewrl's boosted HP; I really would look more into DFP. AGAIN though I hope some other FOnewrl user reads this and can give you better advice.

Blood Raven
Nov 27, 2009, 07:19 PM

Aegir Robe +10
-Master/Guard
-Hero/PP
-Hero/PP
-PP Recovery Lv 4

I haven't gotten far on my FOnewm since my DSi keeps glitching but it is lv22. A couple of tips I can mention is raising multiple mags. 100 MST mag, 50 MST/50 Guard Mag with healing type preferably, and a 80 MST/20 Guard Mag. The reason I state this is because you can use the full MST mag for normal leveling, the 50/50 mag for bossing, and the 80/20 because I don't like the idea of missiles nearly 1 hitting me :argh:. I have the 80/20 and 50/50 mags atm and both work really well. If you get guard to 50 first and then 50 MST you should have a PA of Flozir.

Also why do you not have Tech Saves? I would really really really recommend you get at least one since at higher level techs they cut down on PP consumption quite a bit giving a great advantage over PP armor slots. Anyways goodluck. Now I gotta go to Nintendo customer service and see how long I won't be playing PSZ and waiting for a new DSi...:bash:

mike.experiment
Nov 28, 2009, 08:46 AM
I would suggest as follows:

Try raising a full MST Mag, with no variance, as it would never turn into a 4th tier, and seeing how Niid has the Photon Blast Flozir. Or, if a variant is niided, try feeding our helpful little friend a soul at the desired level so that it maintains the Pingu PB. Also, considering this is for a mag intended to increase your character's DPS (Damage per Second) to ludicrous speed I would suggest a Ruffian nature, as having the additional Shifta bonus would only add further to your MST strength at peak.

Also, something that I've noticed with Flozir, and why healing will not be necessary, is that if all 4 members sync for that PB, your character also has auto guard for the duration of the PB, and all attacks crit. The humor of that alone made me start using Chato for my Hunter classes in Story Mode, just to see if I could get a higher DPS via PAs compared to a a direct Granir hit (which it can).

Breakfast2go
Nov 28, 2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!

Wash
Nov 28, 2009, 04:36 PM
A couple of tips I can mention is raising multiple mags. 100 MST mag, 50 MST/50 Guard Mag with healing type preferably, and a 80 MST/20 Guard Mag. The reason I state this is because you can use the full MST mag for normal leveling, the 50/50 mag for bossing, and the 80/20 because I don't like the idea of missiles nearly 1 hitting me :argh:. I have the 80/20 and 50/50 mags atm and both work really well. If you get guard to 50 first and then 50 MST you should have a PA of Flozir.

Also why do you not have Tech Saves? I would really really really recommend you get at least one since at higher level techs they cut down on PP consumption quite a bit giving a great advantage over PP armor slots. Anyways goodluck. Now I gotta go to Nintendo customer service and see how long I won't be playing PSZ and waiting for a new DSi...:bash:

A) Great advice yeah, a 50/50 MST/DFP mag can only help; the 50 cut to your MST will take your uber damage and make it just above average lol, and that 50 DFP will... well do its thing.

B)I just got a Tech Save lvl 3 last night! I had never found one until running my second or third Super Hard run, and what do you know we came across a rappy nest (and I mean nest: three Ar rappies then like 5 regular rappies, it was nuts haha). I ran low on battery so I didn't have any time to play with it, but yeah I can image that 20% being intensely useful.

Breakfast2go
Nov 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
A) Great advice yeah, a 50/50 MST/DFP mag can only help; the 50 cut to your MST will take your uber damage and make it just above average lol, and that 50 DFP will... well do its thing.

B)I just got a Tech Save lvl 3 last night! I had never found one until running my second or third Super Hard run, and what do you know we came across a rappy nest (and I mean nest: three Ar rappies then like 5 regular rappies, it was nuts haha). I ran low on battery so I didn't have any time to play with it, but yeah I can image that 20% being intensely useful.

Congrats on getting a Tech Slave!!! a level 3 one too!