PDA

View Full Version : BSOD FSOD Char Corruptions go here

rbf2000
Feb 25, 2003, 01:40 AM
This is the place to rant about your most recent screen of death or character corruption.

Come here to yell at sonic team, get sympathy from others, or exchange tips on how to avoid getting one of these nasty bugs. This thread is all things BSOD, FSOD, and Corruptions.

Sketch
Feb 25, 2003, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna be the first person to post my corruption! I was playing PSO (duh) and my power flashed, I turned the TV and the Gamecube on, the screen that comes up when you first start your file. I was so upset, I cried, but the reason I was crying was because I just beat the Gol Dragon too. All my hard work gone!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Force-Elite on 2003-02-25 12:14 ]</font>

Balthor
Feb 25, 2003, 03:20 PM
I just lost my beloved Dimates to FSOD.

I fucking hate you ST.

Sketch
Feb 25, 2003, 03:35 PM
Hate is such a strong word...wait..did you say you lost your dimates to FSOD? Why didn't you just buy more?

Eum
Feb 25, 2003, 03:54 PM
Balthor, it's okay.

Don't listen to him! You have my sympathy.

Sketch
Feb 25, 2003, 03:56 PM
I'm not trying to be mean! I was just saying, if they're just dimates why didn't you just buy more? I've never experienced FSOD or BSOD, but I've had corruption occur. Sorry if my comment sounded like I was being mean.

Guntz348
Feb 25, 2003, 03:57 PM
On 2003-02-25 12:56, Force-Elite wrote:
I'm not trying to be mean! I was just saying, if they're just dimates why didn't you just buy more? I've never experienced FSOD or BSOD, but I've had corruption occur. Sorry if my comment sounded like I was being mean.

Ehhhhh well you just dont know Balthor. Read some of his old posts and you'll understand. o-O

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 04:04 PM
I loaded my 144 HUnewearl and it said character was corrupted and needed to be deleted. I yoinked out the card, put it back in, and it was just fine. Freaky.

Axispoint
Feb 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
Can I rant about RSOD?

*imagine there is a big huge rant here about certain people that RSOD and the end of my Flowen's Sword*

ah, I feel better now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

that's one thing nice about the GC version...no RSOD.

Eum
Feb 25, 2003, 08:54 PM
SnAPPLE, you shut up! ;_;

I tried, but it didn't work. @@; I've been corrupted three times, now. I'm hoping my FOmarl will survive.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 09:00 PM
I got the error message again. Maybe I need to dust my GC.

Murako
Feb 26, 2003, 01:24 PM
One of my best friends corrutped at lvl 80, right as he joined his first Ult game. He had Yas 7k, Panzer Tail lvl 200, Snow Queen... Funny thing was he had a borrowed God/Arm on him when he corrupted. He said hes not deleting it yet, he'll be revived. He might buy a AR to uncorrupt the character. May eh rest in peace.

UltraFire_104_2002
Feb 27, 2003, 06:12 PM
LMAO!! R.I.P indeed....

MasterOfPocky
Feb 28, 2003, 11:21 PM
I was lv 157 fomar. grass assasin sabres, chao mag.

Pked,

MasterOfPocky
Feb 28, 2003, 11:22 PM

Pked,

DarkTower
Mar 1, 2003, 02:49 AM
Personally I don't know why ST don't remove the double save.All its doing is causing their CUSTOMER's to lose things that their CUSTOMER's want.
If people really want to dupe items badly enough then thats exactly what they are going to do.They will find ways around ST's patches. Like the USB memory card I keep hearing about. I was also told that there is another method thats being used now, dunno what it is though. Anyway, I'd rather that some duped than for one person to lose what they worked hard to get. Thats just lame. I emailed Sega the other day about the double save FSOD that caused my character to corrupt. I guess they didn't even read the message because the email I was sent in response by Matthew at Sega just gave me instructions on how to get online and a suggestion to use a gamecube memory card. Hmmm...k.
No wonder I had such trouble getting that Dreamcast VMU to fit in that tiny little hole. Moron.

LordCronai
Mar 1, 2003, 08:04 AM
The doublesave has accomplished nothing except corrupt duper and legit characters alike, everyone hates this thing. Duping hasn't slowed down at all, in fact, Sonic Team inspired them to invent a quick, risk-free method with the USB memory card instead.

Give up, Sonic Team. You can make a cool game, but you sure can't fix one.

DarkTower
Mar 1, 2003, 07:27 PM
So very true I just wish they would come off their high horse and realize it. I love the game. But it has gotten to where I'm afraid to play it now. Online anyway. Everyone that reads this should instantly email ST and ask them to remove the double save.Will it work? Probably not. Simply due to arrogance. Double save is futile. The Action Replay comes out in a week or so anyway. Dupers will then after a lil while be able not only to dupe items,but make them.

Link2432
Mar 1, 2003, 11:42 PM
On 2003-02-25 13:04, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I loaded my 144 HUnewearl and it said character was corrupted and needed to be deleted. I yoinked out the card, put it back in, and it was just fine. Freaky.

That was sorta what happened to me, but Link was deleted, he was lvl 62 with varaha mag lvl 120 pow and stag cutlery+23 with a whole shit load a 11 star rares. I was REALLY mad. Then the other day, i put in my other memory card, cuase my sister wanted to make a character, so i said not on my mem card, and guess who i saw where it said character select? LINK!!!! I WAS SOOO HAPPY I WAS LIKE JUMPING UP AND DOWN and stuff like that. It was cool that i got him back.

Getintothegame
Mar 4, 2003, 06:02 PM
On 2003-02-25 13:04, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

Same thing with me.

sepgundamrg
Mar 4, 2003, 11:10 PM
I just lost three god/minds a lv 200mind mag with 128mind and a lot of force weps...crapt that sux i hate st!!!

Celes152
Mar 7, 2003, 12:15 AM
This needs to be in General too. Too few people have seen it here..I know. >.>

TedEdFred
Mar 8, 2003, 11:59 PM
I lost 300,000 meseta! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

bronte
Mar 18, 2003, 01:32 PM
im a newbie. i just bought EU pso after waiting an absolute age for it. when i eventually got online (after the EU servers went back up) i was Fsod whilst entering a game and my file was corrupted - no surprises there -
i have since tried several times to join a game and been fsod everytime. am i missing something? or am i just really that unlucky?!?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 18, 2003, 06:10 PM
Try using an official nintendo brand card.

I get this message once in a while: http://users.adelphia.net/~snappurunyanko/temp/Image187.JPG
I hit reset, and the game started with some end user license agreement. I didn't even want to bother with THAT, so I powered off and on. Everything was fine. Weird.

Cloud_01
Mar 22, 2003, 03:08 PM
Could be a sign of corruption.

My friend got messages somewhat like yours except he wasn't as fortunate. He just got corrupted again a few days ago. I feel pretty bad for him, every time he starts a new character his memory card corrupts. He's using an official memory card. I don't see what the problem is.

goaliedude10
Mar 23, 2003, 08:51 AM
I just got my first regular FSOD, joining Vega block 2. I lost a level 82 mag, but nothing else major. Oh well, i didn't like my mag anyway, and I already have two more on storage. In conclusion, DAMN YOU VEGA!

Blenjar
Mar 23, 2003, 11:13 AM
lol, I had it. Took out memorycard out but still didn't work. Well...

LordCronai
Apr 2, 2003, 02:39 PM
After several regular FSODs in a row, I finally got corrupted. I tried everything above and some other methods I heard, but he's gone. I'm not quitting PSO though =P
I'm going to stay legit for a while and see how it turns out.

Aurra
Apr 2, 2003, 06:10 PM
On 2003-04-02 11:39, LordCronai wrote:
I'm going to stay legit for a while and see how it turns out.

Legit is fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif To me, playing legit seemed more appealing after I quit V1 and then logged back on close to a year later with V2. I was a big-time duper on V1, but when I got to V2, all I had was legit stuff and I met a few cool legit people, so I ended up staying. Besides, one of the reasons I ditched V1 was because I had done everything, seen every rare (and owned most) and didn't have really anything left to accomplish. Playing legit pretty much renewed my interest in PSO.

Cloud_01
Apr 2, 2003, 06:17 PM
I knew it was coming. I got corrupted this morning while I was trying to transfer items to my main character. I lost my level 43 Skyly who had a bunch of good equipment and items I had transfered to her, including Deva, my main characters mag...

It's all the stupid Gamecubes fault. It keeps turning off every time I play it. It just happened to turn off while it was transfering Vixen's data to my other memory card. What luck. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm done with PSO for now. I'm tired of that shitty Gamecube turning off.

ZechsMarquis
Apr 3, 2003, 03:02 PM
FSOD...lost legit Sange & Yasha +29...sucks dont it...

Logical2u
Apr 7, 2003, 06:20 PM
I LOST THE FIRST THREE Logical2u s to Character Corruption cuz I want patient enough to wait through the save screens. In one I had just bought a +3 Heart Rifle (yes thats how weak my first three logical2u s were. The max I ever had with them was lvl 13)

Shattered_weasel
Apr 11, 2003, 06:13 PM
what i had happen to me was not BSOD or FSOD but S.T.O.O.P.I.D......what happens is me my friends playin battle offline. one of the little retards has 400000 mesata on him for some reason, so he dropped it on the ground. well after the battling the other person dueling with use quit the game without the retard picking up his mesata. So what does he do TURN OFF THE GAME WHILE ITS SAVING... the retard. all my items and box gone, while the guy whos memory card we was playin off of lost all of his characters!! dont that just suck

MasterJoel
Apr 12, 2003, 10:59 PM
i got FSOD today by somebody with a character named WRAITH... i lost 2 high level mags (fortuanately non-rare) and a hildeblue's cane. i had a spare, but i really wanted to trade it too... now i have to raise a new power mag and chao mag (for my future striker of chao). the stupid thing only had 10 levels to go before meeting requirements too.

DAMMIT!

Scriptor
Apr 14, 2003, 07:32 PM
...Mayhap this all is not the fault of Sega, methinks maybe the blame lies at the feet of codders. Already the gossip queen are whispering jaded things concerning codders. Maybe ye are wittnessing the first tell-tale signs of the codders come to feast. Mayhap... they are done picking over what remains of the carcass of the DC and now they come to prey on the GC, like vampires- draining the online community of it's life-blood, leaving behind something utterly arrogant in all it's indifference. Aye...Mayhap...

hucasts_rock
Apr 16, 2003, 09:06 PM
ARGH! my stupid friggin 9th corruption! I hate those stupid lazy ST idiots! can't they see what this is doing?!? I lost over 1000 hours in corruptions because of them! ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

eXo
Apr 17, 2003, 03:39 PM
On 2003-03-18 15:10, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
Try using an official nintendo brand card.

I get this message once in a while: http://users.adelphia.net/~snappurunyanko/temp/Image187.JPG
I hit reset, and the game started with some end user license agreement. I didn't even want to bother with THAT, so I powered off and on. Everything was fine. Weird.

Maybe I just have extremely bad luck but last night I managed to get online for the very first time and it was really fun until I got my 1st FSOD I lost every dang that I worked so so so hard for.
I lost 999,999 meseta two god powers a god battle lv 200 nidra and my red saber. Im so f*(*kingt upset I threw my G-Cube but so far it seems like its ok nothing is broken I hope o.k I didnt throw it harfd it was more like a half hearted drop but I still punished it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif has anyone else lost this much good stuff in one FSOD i didnt know you had to have it equipped or in the back to keep it.

CakeMan
Apr 18, 2003, 05:44 PM
I was dropping items to give to my other character and i forgot you could only have 30 items on the ground... good bye chow mag good bye good bye 10 trimates ( i coulda used that to beat olgaflow)...

Aphrodite2003
Apr 22, 2003, 06:18 PM
I got corrupted on offline mode???? How is this possible? Is there anyway to get back the chars. on that card? Please PM me with suggestions. bThanks

Dime
May 1, 2003, 01:45 AM
On 2003-04-12 20:59, MasterJoel wrote:
i got FSOD today by somebody with a character named WRAITH... i lost 2 high level mags (fortuanately non-rare) and a hildeblue's cane. i had a spare, but i really wanted to trade it too... now i have to raise a new power mag and chao mag (for my future striker of chao). the stupid thing only had 10 levels to go before meeting requirements too.

DAMMIT!

How did you know it was him that FSODed you?

Garanz2
May 4, 2003, 02:47 PM
I got my 1st FSOD just now. I lost SNOW QUEEN, DELSABER'S BUSTER, JUSTY, and a Diwari power mag i was raising (lvl 161 at the time) while trying to join vega 1 from vega 2

Life sux

AzNrarehunter
May 25, 2003, 02:04 PM
I lost my Diska of liberator, virista with 25% to machine, a yamato (but i got one back), 3 MAGS with each have a single stat being in the max. good thing it didn't take my dragon's claw. the xbox version must be fix to prevent because it promised to have xbox live cheat free. now people have the dark flow weapon, RIDICULUS. it also nearly froze and the game suddenly points a camera angle where ships fly by and i thought it was fsod. BAN THE ACTION REPLAY CHEAT DEVICE.

scmfxt
May 29, 2003, 04:08 PM
Heh... I thought I leave my mark here since my character Samus - lvl 186 get a lot of FSOD when taking the teleport to fight Dark Falz. This past few weeks I noticed and now blamed the guild card file for that FSOD problem. Somehow, every time I move, delete and recieve card from other I get FSOD if I don't logoff 1st. Wierd.. I lost my challenge mode title due to FSOD after completing stage 2.. Oh well, at least my team redid the stage for my sake. Dammit Sega!!! *Getting pissed*

Rappy-Assassin
May 30, 2003, 05:34 PM
I was corrupted once........
I didn't lose much of anything because I am careful about what I carry. I didn't have to delete my character either I just used him then saved and it was fine.

WeinerTrick
May 30, 2003, 11:06 PM
I got fsod during second save a few months ago, Lost a level 125 HUnewearl, 66 HUcast, 48 RAmar, and a level 35 FOmar.

Damn sega and thier incompetent patches!!

Vanango
Jun 23, 2003, 02:48 AM
I got corrupted today, I tried every little trick I could think of to save my card - deleting the guild card, reinserting the card several times, I haven't tried accessing it multiplayer since I only have one card -- but it keeps telling me that I have to delete my corrupted character file. My characters (95 fomar, 140 hunewearl, 131 fonewearl, 1 racast for c-mode) are all gone.

I was trying to get into a c-mode room and I got the F/R SOD and I powered off expection my stuff to still be there -- but alas, all gone.

I didn't really react, I tried some solutions and then just ate bacon and hung out. It sucks and I'm debating on whether I want to continue playing. I lost a lot of stuff but there is no point in being materialistic especially for a game where there isn't even any tangible materialism. Crazy. It's unfortunate that I lost my Vanango Twin +250 with spirit special, but *shrug* it's just a game.

Maybe now I'll finally beat all those games I've been meaning to play...

Shadow82
Jun 25, 2003, 06:08 PM
On 2003-02-28 20:22, MasterOfPocky wrote:

Pked,

I didnt know GC had PKing...

The_Leprechaun
Jun 27, 2003, 04:19 AM
i have been FSOD...right when i was first playin online...i just traded my only rares for a double saber and a stag cutlery...my lvl 35 humar died....i know its not that dramatic, but i was ummm duping a dark bridge and a dark flow for this guy...and my game froze getting into the room...i lost the stuff...he was kinda mad... if it happens to me and i lose my chars i am breaking the fu**in game and writing nasty letters to SONIC TEAM

Rei1st
Jun 28, 2003, 09:11 AM
I corrupted at 124 with my HUcast...had a lvl 18 FOmar and lvl 20 Hunewearl to....but i went legit after corruption...its not too bad i got back to 124 in about 3 1/2 weeks and i didnt even try that hard....im 143 now and much better off than before =] also ive tried this before and it has worked all 3 times....if u get FSOD with BBA ONLY when the screen freezes pull out the cable for about 5-10 seconds and put it back in...should save all your stuff it saved me 600k a red sword and 50 hit vulcans...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rei1st on 2003-06-28 07:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rei1st on 2003-06-28 07:13 ]</font>

Neo_Slayer
Jun 30, 2003, 01:47 AM
i got corrupted when i had a lvl 78 HUmar, lvl 6 RAcaseal,lvl 12 HUmarl, lvl 7 FOmar. it really sucks. i have so many rare weapons and i have to delete them all. GOD DAMNIT. didn't even have to go online to get corrupted. i just sat a played then BOOM corrupted. what the hell is up with that.

TheDeepForce_5
Jul 2, 2003, 10:25 AM
I cannot believe I just fucking got FSOD....AGAIN...

Yesterday July 1st at about 10:45 PM EST. I got FSOD right when joining a game while it was saving and whaddaya know. THE FUCKING DELETE YUR GUILD CARD TRICK DIDNT WORK FOR ME.

I mean I'm just so dissapointed. I've been playing since Jan. and PAYING since Jan., and the whole time I've been legit, I never duped, I took free stuff, but I never duped, I never used Lv. 200 Mags, I always belived in self training. And I've gotten FSODX 5 FUCKING TIMES SINCE I STARTED. THIS IS THE TYPE OF SHIT THAT'LL DRIVE TO DUPING OR AT LEAST TAKIN BACK MY HUNTERS LICENSE WHICH IVE ALREADY DONE LIKE TWICE...

Please, Please R.I.P.:

Started in January
Jack HUmar, Lv. 41 -Feb. 2003
Lunar Shadow RAcast, Lv. 49 -Mar. 2003
Azure Dreams HUnewearl, Lv.21 -Mar. 2003
STOPPED PLAYING PSO IN APRIL...
May 2003 and June 2003: somehow survived FSOD
Blue Impulse FOmarl, Lv. 43 -July, 1st 2003
Sandstorm-GX RAcast (using to take place of Lunar Shadow), -Lv. 18 July 1st 2003
XB Ninja 07 HUcast -Lv. 9 July 1st 2003,

AND THIS IS ALL SEGA'S FUCKING FAULT.

TheDeepForce_5
Jul 2, 2003, 10:31 AM
On 2003-04-14 17:32, Scriptor wrote:
...Mayhap this all is not the fault of Sega, methinks maybe the blame lies at the feet of codders. Already the gossip queen are whispering jaded things concerning codders. Maybe ye are wittnessing the first tell-tale signs of the codders come to feast. Mayhap... they are done picking over what remains of the carcass of the DC and now they come to prey on the GC, like vampires- draining the online community of it's life-blood, leaving behind something utterly arrogant in all it's indifference. Aye...Mayhap...

Actually it's Sonic Team's fault AND MOST IMPORTANTLY (Official Name)...

Duplicators/Dupers faults for increasing the amount of processing needed on PSO's servers and on the GC, exceeding the amount that's supposed to be processed causing the game to crash...equals FSOD.

Reenee
Jul 7, 2003, 01:31 AM
I am forced to mourn the loss of a bunch of 0's and 1's, but they sure as hell entertained me.

Reenee: REDRIA HUnewearl, Level 12
Notable Acts: Trademark character wasn't used.

Maryposa: PURPLENUM RAmarl, Level 131
Notable Acts: Loads of rare items. Used frequently. Found some version 2 stuff.

J.K. Sprat: PINKAL FOmar, Level 81
Notable Acts: None, much, really. I am irritated by the fact I have to start over AGAIN because I was doing so well.

Ladybug: SKYLY HUcaseal, Level 126
Notable Acts: Successful first use of a Hunter Android. Found Sange and possibly very close to find the Yasha katana. Cute in a bikini.

Rest in peace, my comrades. You will not be mourned in sadness, but for your great deeds and uncanny entertainment.

Rest well.

Items Lost:
Delsaber Buster
Durandal
*Elysion
AUW 2001 Agito
Sange
*Yamigarasu
Blade Dance x3
Bloody Art x4
Red Dagger
S-Beat's Blades
S-Berill's Hands #1
*Chain Sawd
Brionac
Vjaya
Diska of Braveman
Rappy Fan
Musashi
Yamato x6
Dragon's Claw
Heart of Poumn x3 (never even got to use them)
Twin Brand x6
God Hand
Bravace
Red Handgun x3
*Bringer's Rifle
*Spread Needle
L&K14 Combat x9
Meteor Smash
Guilty Light x3
Inferno Bazooka
Maser Beam (weak, but notable)
Club of Laconium, Club of Zumiuran, Mace of Adaman x2 (two of each, really)
Sting Tip
Branch of Pakupaku x2
*Caduceus
Hildebear's Cane
Fire Scepter Agni, Ice Staff Dagon x2 (two of each)
Storm Wand Indra
Mahu x2
Several Non-Rare Items that had high percentages/elements; I'm sure there was no less than 125 of them (my Level 12 HUnewearl could've used them instead of finding them, you see)

*Custom Frame ver.00
Flowen's Frame x2
Sacred Cloth
Spirit Garment
Attribute Wall
Combat Gear
DB's Shield x2
Shield of Delsaber
Flowen's Shield x2
Kasami Bracer (I only had it for 5 days! And I found it offline!)
Regenerate Gear x2

About 30 Mags
About 50 Scape Dolls
About 130 Materials (combined)
31 Photon Drops

I'd bet it'd have more of an effect if I told you the percentages. Items with asterisks were traded for.

*spotlight shines to a Saber whose photon blade has faded*

YukiHu
Jul 9, 2003, 09:55 AM
I had FSOD as well as corruption, both of which really really suck cuz I lost 4 characters, two of which over level 100 (a level 144 HUnewearl and a level 115 FOmarl) all my cool rares I painstakingly collected over time and over 1000 hours of gameplay logged. : ( Well I've started over and now I have only one character, a level 56 FOmarl *sniffles*

Fr3aK
Jul 11, 2003, 01:16 AM
When I got my first corruption it was wierd. I just finished playing online and i quit and saved like normally i didnt get no FSOD or anything...but when I went back to play 20 minutes later it said ur files have been corrupted!!! GRRRRR!!!! Why is that?

-Fr3aK-

MagnumX
Jul 12, 2003, 01:08 PM
I have FSOD 6 times since ive started playing online but I just run to the GC and hit the off button and I have not got corrupted or lost anything. Does anyone else do this?

Cowboy
Jul 18, 2003, 10:22 PM
I thought I got corrupted. I joined a game in Mintaka and got fsod during one of the saves, and then just left my gamecube on for about 7 hours. I came back, turned off the power, then this morning I started up my gamecube, and lo and behold, my FOmar was still there.

Captain_Bob
Jul 21, 2003, 12:28 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
But seriously, I lost a lv.30 ramar, a lv.12 ramarl, a lv.3 humar, and a lv.5 racaseal simply because I forgot to wait until it was done saving before i turned it off. That one little screw-up took out a mess of cool weapons, even though none of them were rare, that I worked so hard to get since i started playing PSO in May.

ValiusTrigger
Jul 22, 2003, 04:12 PM
R.I.P

Valius
You were not even at your goal.
Died at lvl 128,when you wanted to be lvl 152.
I know you won't die in peice but I wish you would.

January 20 2003 - July 22 2003

*Crys*
Good bye everyone.

Primrose
Jul 22, 2003, 04:55 PM
Maple, FOnewearl 143, online S-Rank, offline S-Rank corrupted
Hayward, RAmar 85 corrupted
Lisa, HUcaseal 71 corrupted

total hours: approx 430

items lost due to corruption found by myself:
Hitogata
Berdysh
Flower Cane
Agito (1975) -> Orotiagito
Agito (2001)
Love Heart (Spirit Garment+46Photon Drops+3Addslots)
Fire Scepter: Agni
Ice Staff: Dagon
Storm Wand: Indra
Club of Laconium
Mace of Adaman
Club of Zumiuran
Caduceus
Windmill
Rabbit Wand
Battle Verge
Brave Hammer
Alive Aqhu
Sting Tip
Plantain Leaf
Madams Umbrella
Hildebears Cane
Hildeblues Cane
Branch of Pakupaku
Elysion
Holy Ray
Talis
Mahu
Technical Crozier
Twinkle Star
Photon Claw
Silence Claw
Boomas Claw
Morning Glory
S-Beats Blade
Brionac
Vjaya
Gae Bolg
Soul Eater
Akikos Frying Pan
DBs Sword (3069)
DBs Saber
Kaladbolg
Delsabers Buster
Red Saber
Rappys Fan
Double Saber
Stag Cutlery
Partisan of Lightning
G-Assasins Sabers
Musashi
Yamato
Asuka
Brave Knuckle
Angry Fist
Varista
Suppressed Gun
Custom Ray v. 00
Bravace
Twin Psychogun
Inferno Bazooka
Photon Launcher
Guilty Light
Red Scorpio
Crush Bullet
Meteor Smash
Final Impact
13 Photon Drops
Parasite Wear:Nelgal (Stink Frame+32Photon Drops+4Addslots)
DBs Shield
God Shield Genbu
God Shield Sieryu
Regenerate Gear
Proto Regen Gear
Revival Garment
Stink Frame
Secret Gear
Red Merge
Yellow Merge
Shifta Merge
Deband Merge
God/Power
God/Body
God/mind
Cure/Confusion
HP/Revival
Devil/Battle
Addslot

items lost due to corruption acquired by trade or multi online/offline:
H&S 25 Justice
L&K14 Combat
M&A 60 Vise
Diska of Liberator
Blade Dance
Dragon Slayer
Delsabers Shield

well what shall i say, it almost made me cry. its a waste of time. waste of money. that game shall collect dust in the corner of my room...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primrose on 2003-07-26 10:22 ]</font>

Elvendar
Jul 25, 2003, 03:05 PM
I come here because my topic was locked AND moved to rants. Now, I ask why do the mods do stupid things like this.

There is this designated thread, but it's in the rants forum, and the rants forum is for ranting. My thread wasn't ranting, so i'm just guessing that it DOESN'T belong in the Rants forum.

Anyway, as my other thread stated, I lost

Elvendar
Elvendar v.2
Blood
Phage

But you know, no one will see it now, because my friends are all scared of giant threads and the rants forum.

HunterKieran
Jul 27, 2003, 04:19 AM
My level 14 Force, Demon-Kieran, had a twin +250 someone duped for me (I had two dupes, one for my stepfather and one for my Force)...my stepfather still has his, but mine disappeared, and I swear I didn't sell it! Also, my level 37 Hunter, Kieran, had Flowen's Sword, a DB's Saber +4 and the Last Survivor, in addition to the original twin +250 I traded for (I gave the guy a Booma's Claw)....and when I turned the XBox on the next day, they were gone, too! All I had was my twin +250!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HunterKieran on 2003-07-27 02:20 ]</font>

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jul 27, 2003, 12:03 PM
My Redria HUnewearl was at lvl 69 when I pushed the power button while saving last week... Its sucks too because I found 2 Magic Rock Moola the day b4 she got corrupted... There went 6 months down the f****** drain....

DualHydra
Jul 27, 2003, 06:50 PM
i courrupted once because i pulled out the memory card while it was making a new character....hoping to find a way to delted them and not REMAKE them. o well there went my only legit character lv40. btw this happened like 7 months ago hehe.

Dark_shocker
Aug 2, 2003, 12:13 AM
Dark shocker HUmar Lv. 170
Evil Sage FOmar Lv. 108

Lost these chars due to FSOD'ing at the second save.

MasterJoel
Aug 3, 2003, 02:06 PM
i just lost my first mag (50/50/50/50 nidra) and my offline srank to fsod. i would rather have char corruption so i could start over instead of being really really mad. ::snarl!:: being legit is so hard when these things happen...

ashramrak
Aug 7, 2003, 02:39 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:13, Dark_shocker wrote:
Dark shocker HUmar Lv. 170
Evil Sage FOmar Lv. 108

Lost these chars due to FSOD'ing at the second save.

I'm surely stupid but I don't understand what exactly is "FSOD-X" aka "double save" ? nor why ST has implemented this; I've searched fot it a little but did not find anything; probably I've not looked at the good places

You mean the cube can really hang itself during a save ? how freaking

Is it when you enter a team ? when you quit game ? I guess there is no much ways to avoid this (apart from the "beware of lag" general purpose FSOD tip)

Gamer0561
Aug 11, 2003, 07:21 PM
Dark_mage FOmar lv60
Striker HUmar lv 83
X-842 RAcast lv63
Nessa FOnewearl lv26

All corrupted due to FSOD-X
Can this be fixed???

What exactly causes FSOD anyway? Everything seemed normal and BAM! FSOD while saving. Nothing worked to save my Chars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamer0561 on 2003-08-11 17:29 ]</font>

Weif
Aug 16, 2003, 11:44 PM
DX NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! MY ELYSION!!!! I LOVED U GOOD!!!!!! Y DID U LEAVE ME!?!?!?!?! AND MY MAHU AND TALIS WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! *crys* ;.; and i had just gotten to the point i could use them fairly well WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! and all those nice fluids and antis and O_O OMG I JUST REMEBERED MY MIND MAG IN TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ;.; my FOmar was just leaving a game and the screen stopped moving then it just sat there....... at least i got my god/mind still.....oh well........*explodes*

Symbios
Aug 17, 2003, 01:54 AM
On 2003-08-11 17:21, Gamer0561 wrote:
What exactly causes FSOD anyway? Everything seemed normal and BAM! FSOD while saving. Nothing worked to save my Chars.

well teh FSOD whiile saving is totalty extremely bad luck. But after certain checking out some certain (excuse my language but there is nothing else to describe them)that are "FSODers", I found out 95% of all lobby FSOD is caused by FSODers (EDIT, read the rules) one time i went to vega 01 over and over again to meet my friend sukasa and i FSODed! five times! In a row! And the fifth time what do I find? A doing FSOD trick, and he wasnt any FSODer, he was an expert with a f*cking keyboard and had like 20 shortcuts. I started cussing him out and he didnt stop. Also, due to one time nearly corrupting (get to that soon), I have a few tips for you to never ever do if you do not want to corrupt.

-=TIPS ON HOW TO NOT FSOD AND WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FSOD=-
1. This is where i almost corrupted. You know after it says connecting to DNS server and then it saves once? well, dont immediatly press 'A' 3 times and go to Vega 01, cause you know what? There is always some idiot there waiting to FSOD. So wait until the save ends. You will walk out of FSOD a happier person you would be than if you walked out of FSOD and lost your level 170 character.
2. Dont mess with your freakin memory card while its doing anything(althogh most normal people wont). I know this site that posts a "trick" where it tells you to pull your memory card out(like im dumb enough to try it). If you ever find it, cuss the sites creator and then block him from your email.
3. You cheaters out there I warn you......dont do the boss trick too much. There are many rumors it causes corruption. Stop being lazy and play the game properly. Heres another rumor for the superstisious(spelling!?)....dont be the forth person to join. You might say thats sh*t, but there was this guy that corrupted twice from doing that....coencidence maybe.
4. Dont drop and deposit a item at the same time (how do I do that? I rather not tell you...).
5. Dont continuasly press 'A' if you are trying to get into a certain block. The gamecube will read the disc faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster(GASP) until yes, FSOD.
6. Dont use the 'meet the user' command. I have FSOD 2107403250973253205709325 times using it.
7. IF you dont want to lose your items, just store them before you leave the game....jeez...
8. I've done this trick myself before, and it worked remarkably...if you freeze during the double save, do not panic. You might fall over onto your gc, destroying it, you might accidentally pull out the memory card, causing all hope to be lost(well not really its part of the trick), you might trip over your controller and impale yourself on the fork you used for that bowl of raviolli. Slow walk up to your gc, open the cd case and take the memory card out. Turn the gc off, close the hatch thing, turn it on. put your memory card back in when it says to put it in. Your character should be fine. (SHOULD BE OKAY!?) this also works sometimes if you are trying to save your items.

-=HOW TO COPE WITH LOSS=-
remember that in the end the only thing you lost was a bunch of ones and zeros. You will always eventually get to the same level, you will always be able to get that rare item again, and you can always take it as a challenge for you to get back up there. Remember that it is just a game, and you are playing it for fun, so if the game pisses you off, you should've not buy the game in the first place.

*run out of breath and dies*

loli edit: don't care if you can't come up with a better word but don't say that. we explicitly said not to. now + 1 warning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-19 16:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saladwood on 2003-08-19 16:23 ]</font>

Primrose
Aug 21, 2003, 01:06 PM
On 2003-07-25 13:05, Elvendar wrote:
I come here because my topic was locked AND moved to rants. Now, I ask why do the mods do stupid things like this.

There is this designated thread, but it's in the rants forum, and the rants forum is for ranting. My thread wasn't ranting, so i'm just guessing that it DOESN'T belong in the Rants forum.

Anyway, as my other thread stated, I lost

Elvendar
Elvendar v.2
Blood
Phage

But you know, no one will see it now, because my friends are all scared of giant threads and the rants forum.

I know what you mean, my thread was also moved since i opened the thread in the general section, i didnt know where to post.
But there, at least i was sure one will read and might help. Here everyone posts what he lost due to corruption and thats it, actually, i didnt really bother to look at what others lost, i just took note that they have actually lost something.
Anyways, i was lucky someone read my thread and tried to help me (im really grateful that a lot of people are being helpful in these forums)
He gave me some advice and a possible way to fix the or lets say uncorrupt the character
quote:
I saw your thread about your corruption.

If you didnt already delete your corrupted chars then do this:

Get an uncorrupted card and your corrupt card ready.

Turn on your Gamecube/Xbox on with the uncorrupted card in it.

Go to offline multiplayer.

When it starts to load your characters,quickly switch the cards.

You should be able to play your corrupt card and save.Then it should be normal again.

I hope this helps,it worked for me,PM me back and let me know

unfortunately at that time i already deleted my character file. I hope others can use this method and try and see if it works, as i have no clue if it works.
Too bad these little mistakes exist, it somewhat spoils gameplay, and doesnt really give Sonic Team the best image.
but after a while you recover you know, i told myself ill never touch this game again, but the same evening i ended up creating a new FOnewearl, and by now, shes lv 91, i still miss all those nice items i found, but thats the way it is.
Well thats it, i can hope this will have an end soon, or they might lose a big bunch of loyal clients.
By the way, credits for the uncorrupting method go to UltimateEnigma. Thank you. And if the method doest work, thanks for the effort, its nice people such as you try to help people in need.

Sakura-kun
Aug 21, 2003, 10:37 PM
i lost ....

GA SABER+5
YAMATO+7
RAPPY FAN+10
BLODDY ART+3
VAJAYA(4GET HOW TO SPELL)
NEI CLAW (REPLICA)

to fsod....

nice ppl i no gave me almosed all back but my VAJAYA is it? is gone NOOOOOO

Firocket1690
Sep 2, 2003, 05:28 PM

Antares 8's Resident Legit

L101 HUmar ...
L27 FOmarl ...
L13 FOmar ...
L1 RAmarl ...

*poof*
I am really pissed rite about now ...lost lotsa good stuff

*Sealed J-Sword
*Lavis Blades
*Monkey King Bar (only 11 more drops)

GONE !!111 legit too!

anywho ...
*calms down*

I need cards !!11
Rei, Tidus_415, Krossete, Aya, Caret-3, Corey, Xero,
Yuki Senada, Shadow, RIKIMARU, Sir Roland, OVUL, and Iopia ...

all I remember off the top of my head right now ...

*moved from my thread*

kat
Sep 8, 2003, 09:49 AM
Just recording the facts: last night c. 7pm pacific time while out with "Item Fairy" and trying to enter the EU ship Polaris ( I think) screen froze up, I hit power off and reset and restarted the game - lost monomates/monofluids, and a telepipe... But Item fairy is a) a dumping grounds character so it didn't matter at all as the mag I have her feeding is doing fine equipped b) storing her 'goodies' in the bank anyway so it didn't matter....

I've had two FSODs on the EU servers now (I'm a US player) though I finally managed to come out of one of them... after a long OOB experience above P2

e-Ky
Sep 13, 2003, 11:45 PM
I got corrupted TWICE including Once TODAY!!, Damn You ST!!!!

had alot of good stuff....
legit too...
88/40/40/22, the frist time,
37/29/17/1, the second time,

*1/2/3/4
1 is FOmar
2 is HUmar
3 is RAmarl
4 is HUnewearl

Symbios
Sep 14, 2003, 04:20 PM
Oh its been a while, but i guess ill post it here

Real Nei's Claw lost

Fuck you, fsoders.

Mumfizle
Sep 25, 2003, 09:16 PM
I have lost over 200 rares to FSDO.

Cringe
Sep 26, 2003, 03:12 PM
I lost a lvl 140 RAmar to FSODX, corruption, whatever u wanna call it. GOD DAMMIT i had every 12 star ranger weap!!

Well whatever its just a game!

Robo47
Oct 2, 2003, 07:53 PM
when Pso came out on dreamcastI was a happy lil' bastard because I loved the Phantasy Star series,
after 3 months I had a level 78 HUcast named
Ragnarok, equipped with 4 god/powers and a Stag Cutlery. I thought I was king! Then I found some people and teamed up with them, on our way to Vol Opt 2 the stage started to dissapear.I still remember their last words:
Ceaser:
WTF???
Maxim:
Holy Hell!
Pong:
Nooo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Ragnarok(me of course):
Sweet! (I had no idea of the repercussion)

So basically this post is to commemorate the death of HUcast Ragnarok, RAcast Pong, HUmar Ceaser, and
RAcaseal Maxim.
R.I.P. soldiers may you live a peaceful life in wherever corrupted hunters go...

Chibi-Krono
Oct 3, 2003, 02:41 PM
Well..I have never gotten currupted,but hmm...well...at least over 50 FSOD's though.

R.I.P
Monomate x10
Diamate x10
Trimate x10
Monofluid x10
Difluid x10
Trifluid x10
Moonatomizer x10
Star Atomizers x10
Antidote x10
Antiparaylze x10
Telepipe x10

Guld Milla
Spread Needle
Heaven Punisher
C Bringer rifle
Psycho Wand
Tsumikiria J-Sword
Black king bar
Monkey king bar

Well lets just say every god/unit, alot of kickass weapons, ALOT of money (in dimates) and ect.

P.S. For everyone who thinks dupes FSOD you more, its not true. I've tooken a totally legit character online (only character on the card) and gotten FSODed 3 times in a row, then took a character with ALL dupes and didn't get FSODed

Theres my point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chibi-Krono on 2003-10-03 12:43 ]</font>

Ryu-Tatsu
Oct 5, 2003, 07:11 AM
Here's a kick in the ass, I was corrupted offline!
No dupes,no raised levels,nthing wrong.

I lost 10000000 meseta, 56 photon drops, and a boatload of extremely good weapons.

And my lv.179 RAcast named Ultima was the only survivor.

Lman90245
Oct 6, 2003, 11:37 AM
I bought this for the GC the first day it came out, my first charater ever made was Xellos got to level 135 and was told false information on how to dupe. being the dumbass that I am I tried it and got corrupted THAT one was my fault. the second time however I had a level 185 RAmar legit then I got double saved fsod'd that one wassent my fault... at least now I know the correct way to dupe other wise I would have used the disk as a freesbe.

Chibi-Krono
Oct 7, 2003, 12:12 AM
Try the prevent curruption technqiue...I mean you got nothing to lose anyways. Just open lid, pull out memory card, shut off power. Just try it, I never have put you got nothing to lose (considering you'll lose your characters even if it doesnt work, but if it does you'll have them!) Some people say it works some say it doesnt.

EGO-BOT
Oct 20, 2003, 12:45 PM
On the 3rd of August with over 500 hrs play at level 147, My RAcast EGO-BOT corrupted for no good reason other than I was simply entering a game to help out a friend search for a rare.

At the time I felt just like quitting, it just made me sick to think I wasted all my time levelling for 3 months just for that to happen.

However at the time, a lot of people I knew were online, and when I told them I corrupted they helped my rebuild my character and get to Ultimate difficulty faster than before (I was lucky the endless 4 quest was released by then).

Now, in mid October, I'm back to my old level, in fact I surpassed it, and I'm now level 154. =)

PontiusR
Oct 27, 2003, 06:35 AM
On 2003-10-06 22:12, Chibi-Krono wrote:
Try the prevent curruption technqiue...I mean you got nothing to lose anyways. Just open lid, pull out memory card, shut off power. Just try it, I never have put you got nothing to lose (considering you'll lose your characters even if it doesnt work, but if it does you'll have them!) Some people say it works some say it doesnt.

It does work. I find the pull-out method works for both PSO and sex.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PontiusR on 2003-10-27 03:35 ]</font>

Gigawatt
Nov 3, 2003, 03:52 PM
On 2003-10-27 03:35, PontiusR wrote:

On 2003-10-06 22:12, Chibi-Krono wrote:

It does work. I find the pull-out method works for both PSO and sex.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PontiusR on 2003-10-27 03:35 ]</font>

Ah shoot... You mean I could have just prevented losing my offline characters that I've worked so hard on just to loose them to a power outage yesterday? I'm so angry. I lost so many rare items and now I find out about this method. I feel stupid.
Edit: Spelling error.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigawatt on 2003-11-03 12:53 ]</font>

Primrose
Nov 8, 2003, 08:53 AM
I dont really think it works.
Since you only get corrupted when you freeze while the game is saving, it would be pointless to pull out the memory card or open the lid. The saving process has been interrupted anyway, and that caused the coruption.

Primrose
Nov 8, 2003, 09:02 AM
Actually, in the meantime, my character file corrupted for the second time, and i do not know if there acutally is a method for saving the data, but i tried every possible thing to save it...
I will be offline for a while i guess. I might have an idea for people who fear corruption.
Well, who doest...
Anyways, if you have two memory cards make one to an online memory card, and the other memory card to an offline only memory card with your main characters and your most important items. Like this you can get the benefits of the online world, such as online only items, quests, challenge mode etc.
And you wont lose too many items if your data gets corrupted. Well thats what i did, and i only lost a Jack o Lantern, a Photon Drop and a Star Amplifier, and of course characters, but i dont think its avoidable.
However, the corruptions lead to a deep cut in my trust towards the online world, sad but true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primrose on 2003-11-14 11:55 ]</font>

PontiusR
Nov 8, 2003, 07:47 PM
It has saved my char. 3 times

PS2_Master0
Nov 11, 2003, 07:11 PM
Although I am totally legit, and I dont really mean this:

I wanna figure out how to FSOD so bad so i can FSOD the ****** that did it to me!

'Nah, I don't really want to. Bu im so ****** mad! I mean, why doesnt ST do something?

Every time i do the O part of PSO, i get the FSOD part of FSOD.

It is so ****** annoying! FIX IT, ST!

Blitzkommando
Nov 16, 2003, 01:08 PM
I have been fortunate enough to corrupt only twice, however the last time I was hit hard. I have been playing PSO online since March of '03 and sure I fsoded quite a bit but I wasn't expecting this. Lost my 167 RAmarl, 118 HUnewearl, 40 HUnewearl, and a Lv. 18 HUmar. Darn it if I hadn't put in around 600 hours into that card... Oh well life goes on right? Now I know why I made so many cards of characters ^.^; And really I'm better off my old RAmarl was Bluefull (never make a ranger like that) and now I'm Greennill. Just FSODed again... but it was weird this time all that was deleted was my money I had with me all the other items are still here. Can anyone figure this one out? Take heart all and ye shall succeed!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2003-11-16 10:58 ]</font>

Kupi
Nov 16, 2003, 03:01 PM
I'm sure people have gotton hit harder than me, but I have to say this somewhere... I just lost my Fill Railgun, Soul Eater, Akiko's Frying Pan, and 30% Hit M&A60s to the eternal boss warp. I'm never carrying multiple weapons online again. On the plus side, I didn't lose my Soniti, or any MAG, and I had just desposited the Hildebear's Head and DB's Shield we found within the same TTF run, so I can't complain too much. Well, actually, I could complain too much, but I shouldn't. And really, should anyone ever complain too much?

*WHAM*

I'll be good.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 03:32 PM
All these poor victims. Whilest its jumping the gun saying that FSOD-X is done for. If you all haven't heard the news, The second save has been abolished from the servers. IT would be...beneficial to PSO and everyone else if you all that have left the game in fear of corruption would return.

Words of encouragement these be.

Mixfortune
Nov 21, 2003, 03:18 AM
I had been online for quite a bit now, having renewed my HL. Having cable, I was fortunate enough to have not been FSOD'ed once.

Within hours of hearing of the removal of the double save, a card with a bunch of good chars got corrupted.

Curse you, Gallon's Treachary!

R.I.P., Rina Noriko...

MasterJoel
Nov 22, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-11-18 12:32, Silhouette wrote:
All these poor victims. Whilest its jumping the gun saying that FSOD-X is done for. If you all haven't heard the news, The second save has been abolished from the servers. IT would be...beneficial to PSO and everyone else if you all that have left the game in fear of corruption would return.

Words of encouragement these be.

y'know, it's rather funny you would say this. in a post recently, i said that it was rather upsetting that they took the second save off because it helped dupers. and then, a couple of days after they take it off, my memory card corrupts. how ironic is that?

i should have seen it coming, because i have been having odd thoughtse recently. "i wish my FOmar was a FOmarl." "i wish my RAcaseal was skyly." "i wish my HUnewearl could get taller." well, now's my chance, because i just lost a bu-ei 158 FOmar, bu-ei 129 HUnewearl, bu-ei 99 RAcaseal, and a bu-ei 5 RAmar. and of course, all my rares worth keeping. my brother was mad that i borrowed his spread and corrupted (his spread had better stats than mine), so i lost that too.

ahh well, no reason to get too upset. it's only a game! time to restart! i'll make a FOmarl, RAmar, and HUnewearl, i think. redria, viridia, purplenum, to replace what i lost... and maybe i'll add a skyly FOmar... i don't know... we'll see. i see this as a new opportunity. and you all who corrupted should too.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2003, 09:38 AM
Well the risk of being corrupted has been reduced greatly. I'm not saying FSOD-X is gone for good, cause people have been getting corrupted on the first save. But it atleast it's alittle more less common like FSOD is.

And I don't like coming to this topic(far too sad for me). And that post was the first time, I've came to this topic.

kitomaka_ck
Dec 2, 2003, 06:57 PM
Well tell me the fuck this. Isn't the first save the fucking one during the black screen? I believe so, but when I joined that game, the screen froze when I could see the hunter's guild. And in the corner. That motherfucking save feature. It saved once, I saw someone say "2", and then it froze, fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Yeah dad, you got an email because I typed FUCK. FUCKing live with it. I'm gonna type FUCK. Especially (even if it is a game, I spent my precious TIME on it!) when my fucking data that I wrk on for so long corrupts. So one last fucking motherfuckedy time, FUUUUUUUCK. Gah.

Robo47
Dec 6, 2003, 02:28 PM
I have a confession to make!
You know how my profile has four level 200 charaters on it? Well 2 months ago they corrupted...
Jackson the HUmar
Robo 47 the RAcast
Stacy the FOnewearl
and Dex the FOnewm

now I have most of their original weapns back
they are level 80, 41, 23, and 3.

ShadowFOrce
Dec 6, 2003, 11:18 PM
My hucaseal go corrupted and I was like YES!!!

PhotonDrop
Dec 16, 2003, 09:30 PM
post 100! yay!

I'd just like to say that back on the Dreamcast I have lost a lv97 RAmarl named Lt. Foxy to corruption.

If I knew which kind of corruption it was it was...

me--> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif <--corruption

martian_man
Dec 20, 2003, 07:39 PM
this is the 1337 suxx0rz (i always wannid to say tht)
so....i corrupted again.i jus got bak nearer to my original lvl and *BOOM*i tried going online at my bros house and it corrupted.booohooo

P.S sorry for making a new thread bout this,dint notice this thread

noob-of-fury
Dec 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
RIP list of corruptions... TODAY

Noob of Fury
Naomi Kojima lvl 5
Jakket lvl 4
Sol Badguy lvl 6
Demon Commando lvl 3

all gone within 12 hours... individually.

noob-of-fury
Dec 21, 2003, 10:56 PM
oh yeah... did I mention this was my first time online?!!?!?!?

DAMN YOU, YOU RAT BASTARDS AT SONIC TEAM!!!

RaikoStormX
Dec 23, 2003, 12:43 PM
wow...thats alot...

Metalix
Dec 23, 2003, 04:00 PM
i got curupted i went on memory manager blew im my memory card then i wasnt corupt

PSOJDS
Jan 1, 2004, 01:56 PM
I get FSODed often and once was corrupted.
lost:
JDS Fomar level 108 my trademark character and first character had God/Mind
C.C. Humar level 11 had stag cuteray
Lint Ramarl level 30 sister's character
JD Fomar level 8 had a lot of good items
May they all R.I.P

The good news is that I had a leve 30 on aanother memory card.

ERS
Jan 4, 2004, 11:35 AM
ERS|HUcast|VIRIDIA|128
E.R.S|HUcaseal|REDRIA|118
ers 1260|RAcast|WHITILL|95
0|FOmar|YELLOWBOZE|123

Gone.

JohanCC
Jan 4, 2004, 07:34 PM
R.I.P. Hakuhan lv 103 (HUmar), Johan lv 81 (FOmar), Ryoken lv 20 (HUmar, friend's char), and Al lv 22 (RAmar, another friend's char). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif They were my first chars ever in PSO and my main ones...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohanCC on 2004-01-12 18:51 ]</font>

Caecilius
Jan 10, 2004, 02:51 PM
One or two really close friends will know that I've had five corruptions.

I'll post a list detailing each and every loss I've had.

The figures are quoted as lvl, not lv. This is so that people don't think I lost a level 187 HUcast...

FIRST:

Squall: HUmar lvl64

SECOND:

Polonas: RAcast, lvl3

THIRD:

Lathesia: RAmarl lvl19
Heathcliff: HUmar lvl6
Rhianna: HUnewearl lvl11

FOURTH:

Bender: HUcast lvl43
Stormhawk: RAmar lvl14
Iyanna: RAmarl lvl22
Squall 2: HUmar lvl15

FIFTH:
Sulephet: HUcast lvl87
Ghyran: RAmar lvl11
Kaelis: FOmar lvl14
Mephet'ran: HUcaseal lvl25

(Mephet'ran and Kaelis' losses were particularly dire as they were the role models for my fanfic!)

Thepandaman
Jan 10, 2004, 05:44 PM
my FOmar had only been lvl 100 for about 2 weeks, and then he gets corrupted....he only had about 140 hours on him, but still I was really starting to like going through Ultimate ruins, and I won't get to see that for a long time again.....

Nai_Calus
Jan 18, 2004, 03:24 PM
Never actually corrupted, lost stuff to FSOD a bunch of times, but anything I actually use I make backup dupes of, so it's all good.

Except for last night, when I had the FSOD of freaky scary closeness. Just finished ET, was banking my meseta and the stuff I'd found I was keeping, and wham! Leaving the bank, FSOD. Thankfully it happened juuuust before the save, so I didn't corrupt, but sweet freaking monkey jesus. -_-;

Bite me, ST, at least I hadn't found anything -good-. >_<;;;

Robo47
Jan 18, 2004, 09:02 PM
BLLAAARRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I just lost my FUcking lvl 200 characters!!!!! I had a ton of uber Rares!!!!! Yasminkovs! Orotiagito! A Sealed J-Sword! Zanba! Twin Brand! Lavis Cannon! 20 Scapedolls! 50 grinders!

Ahh screw it! I'm hacking that shit back.

EDIT!: actually n needto do that, because, I found my back up data!

(Thats right, I got back up data)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2004-01-23 19:56 ]</font>

zepher
Jan 25, 2004, 02:13 PM
damn figgin mudda fuckas....i wuz plyin PSO last nite and i got FSOD 3 fukkin times...i lost so much stuff...those no good doin mudda fuckas should die...fuk em all!!! i freakin lost 10 rares....-__-!

Draco113
Feb 4, 2004, 12:23 PM
I got a FSOD when i was changing ships and i got FSOD and all i lost was like, a few hacked items so its no big deal. I was trying to go legit anyway so FSOD kinda helped though it pissed me off due to I now having to go to my other card and get back ups. I'm just to damned lazy. My biggest loss was either the dark flow or a super hacked devil wings. i didn't want the wings anymore cause of its stats.

Cog
Mar 3, 2004, 07:28 AM
my dad was using a power washer that was pluged in where i was playing and since it soaks up so much juice my game cube kept getting surges and shortcircuiting. Then when i went to play again it said my data was corrupted so now i went from lv.86 to lv.11 first time on ultimate when it happened:(

LordCronai
Mar 19, 2004, 09:40 PM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
45 minutes on C7 and I get FSOD switching lobbies. All that time down the fucking toilet and as if to add extra insult I lose some minor items.

RandomKiwi
Apr 10, 2004, 02:57 AM
Oh yeah listen to htis for a fuken rant I traded snowqueen for heavens punisher got fsod and lost the fuken thing (Luck ily someone else gave me a new one but i would have bin peeved if they didn't)

FOAtHeart
Apr 10, 2004, 11:13 AM
*cries* I lost my beloved Magical Piece! cries*

I only had the thing for two frickin hours.

Damn corruption. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neith
Apr 16, 2004, 03:45 PM
Uriko- level 134- 6 FSOD, 1 corruption
Terra- level 48- 1 FSOD, 1 corruption
Galadriel- level 52- wierd as feck corruption

Now its tellin me that ma feckin mem card needs FORMATTING? WHAT?? NOT NOW!!!!!
Eey, id jus got a Double Saber as well, sob
Did lose a legit Red Sword, Demo Comet and Sange+Yasha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Corruption sucks, and is the sole reason that im buyin a new mem card (an official one i might add), just for PSO. My beloved F-Zero file can be restarted for the fourth time, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

goku4ever
Apr 30, 2004, 09:32 AM
damn i was playing PSO for like 4 hours raising my MAG and its def is raising very slowly. so then i decided to do a quest fine, got the meseta from ding it. went to the shop to sell up and then it froze. then a few seconds after it sed something about an error and to look in instruction manual. I lost all that work!! and in that time i found an add slot!

luckily my files arent corrupted. Also shortly after it froze again. bu that time i lost nothing coz i just started. maybe it was over heated? i was by a radiator wiv windows closed n all

Robo47
May 10, 2004, 05:07 PM
This is the strangest damn glitch ever.

The other day, I was uploading some snapshots and the power in the house shut off, five hours later I turned my system back on to see the damage and Robo47's stages data reset, he was still at level200 but the stages were at normal forest. I go check my other characters, and every character I had on the two cards I was using was reset to normal forest! Goddamn! All the work getting Stack through the Mines and bringing a melee FOnewm through Ult! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

-Luke-
May 16, 2004, 02:26 PM
Be glad you didn't lose your items I guess...

Sharkyland
May 19, 2004, 10:02 PM
I hate it when you leave or enter someplace and then you get FSOD with buzzing sound...

What irritates me more is when I go into a room, I'm watching the city and the sounds of the spaceships just fly by. x_x

Or...
When you go into a room, then you are booted out of it. x_x

DarthFomar
May 21, 2004, 03:34 AM
My friend got FSOD again....I would think he is very furiated by now?!

Luckily I've never had FSOD.......*knocks on wood*, but my friends get it like a common cold?!

*knocks on wood again*

I can only think of one thing that actually cures this disease....but I'm not telling. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-21 01:34 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
May 22, 2004, 02:49 PM
Just FSOD again by doing nothing more than connecting to vega 1-1. Lost Mahu with 50/50/0/0 and Mag I have been raising for my Force for about 2 weeks. The worst part is being legit makes these items not so easy to replace.

Jaks
Jun 13, 2004, 07:09 AM
Oro! my favorite memory card was just erased...

well, good bye to:

Paris, level 105 HUnewearl
Arcanum, legitly level 200 RAmar
Jessica, level 133 FOmarl
Mach3 Turbo, level 5 HUcast

I guess thats what happens when I leave a memory card sitting on a window sil for a few months...

YujiNaka
Jun 14, 2004, 01:01 PM
Lost the following characters on GC Ep1&2:

Name:YujiNaka(R.I.P.)
Level:189
C-Rank Online:Bu-Ei (TA Challenge 3:39:14hours)
C-Rank Offline:Bu-Ei
Play-Time:1000hrs

Name:YokoNaka(R.I.P.)
Level:30
C-Rank Offline: Ra-Zan
Play-Time:50 hours

Name:YuriNaka(R.I.P.)
Level:71
C-Rank Online: Bu-Ei
C-Rank Offline: Bu-Ei
Play-Time: 100 hours

Name:YukiNaka(R.I.P.)
Level:15
C-Rank Online:Bu-Ei
C-Rank Offline:Bu-Ei
Play-Time: 200 hours

Name:YumiNaka(R.I.P.)
Level:111
C-Rank Online: Bu-Ei
Play-Time: 200 hours

Level:3
C-Rank:Bu-Ei
Play-Time:150 hours

Name:YunaNaka(R.I.P.)
Level:1
C-Rank Online: Bu-Gou
Play-Time: 5 hours

Name:YoyoNaka(R.I.P.) (TA Challenge 3:34:56hours)
Level:5
C-Rank Online:Bu-Ei
Play-Time: 30 hours

These on DC PSO:

Level:200
Play-Time:2400hours

Name:Shirley (R.I.P.)
Level: 48
Play-Time: 70hours

Kadavreski
Jun 20, 2004, 04:30 AM
On 2003-12-21 19:56, noob-of-fury wrote:
oh yeah... did I mention this was my first time online?!!?!?!?

DAMN YOU, YOU RAT BASTARDS AT SONIC TEAM!!!

clam down.

is it possible to get corrupted off line?

YujiNaka
Jun 23, 2004, 03:03 AM
Great, my Ep3 character with 800hours died too...fukk outage -_-

MAgg0t
Jun 28, 2004, 10:05 PM
OMGZORS....thats all

Xaos127
Jul 1, 2004, 06:46 AM
On 2004-06-20 02:30, mechgun_mike wrote:

is it possible to get corrupted off line?

i corrupted offline, when it says dont switch off the power while saving IT MEANS IT

Sharkyland
Jul 4, 2004, 06:30 PM
Ahh, I'm getting sick of people getting FSOD when they come out of a challenge mode x_x

BlitzkriegOS
Jul 7, 2004, 12:16 AM
PSO froze while someone was entering the room and I waited for about twenty minutes and the screen didn't move, so I had nothing else to do, but turn off the game.

I lost 5 rares that I had in my inventory (Vicks, LKCombat, Varista, Holy Ray, and Bravace), and all of my mates, fluids, and atomizers... That's also including the 24k amount of meseta I had found..

Coady
Jul 19, 2004, 10:56 PM
You guys should really get an xbox and play PSO on it there is none of this BS happening on xbox

BoarDemon
Jul 21, 2004, 08:36 AM
I got corrupted offline a long long time ago, I had never been online then either.
Okedoke, here's the story:
I got pso, about 5 months had passed, I had almost beaten ep1 (i was offline for first time dont forget) and I just couldnt wait to see what ep2 was gona be like, so i skipped everything they said so it wouldnt spoil the plot or whatever. I walked around, and im like "man this is awesome" and i quit the game, and while it was saving, i was like "wait a minute, i cant let it save, cuz when i come back i wont know what to do, so, i shut the power off during the save.

A couple days later some friends came over, we were calling the chars we were gona use and wut we were gona do, then the message pops up saying that there has been an error, the guild card file has been corrupted, delete all files imediatly. Or somthin like that. So, thinking it was sractched or somthin, i took the disc out and cleaned it, put back in, same message poped up again, there i was, with my friends witnessing this happen as well, in shame i deleted all the files.
My chars were
lvl 29
lvl 18
lvl 26
lvl 12
not much to lose so im ok with it now.
a few months later i decided to pick it up again, and beat it all the through, with all my chars this time, and this time i also knew how to prevent corruption which is this:
If you think/know you may freeze during a save of some kind, just do 1 of 2 things;1- just stay around for awhile longer until threat appears to go away, or dont even bother playing, come back in a few more hours, for example:if there is a thunderstorm or a power outage going on around your area, never turn on the gamecube, if the power goes out during a save, your gona corrupt, always.

Anyways, stay away from fsoders, if u want to play with your friends, just mail them and tell them to come to you. Vega sucks. period. i USED to go there, but no more, ive been fsoded as much as up to 16 times IN A ROW. I was fsoded over 50 times in my first month. Just deposit your items in the bank after every game if u dont wanna lose them.

Now, the location that i go to, i havent experineced fsod in like a month, thats a shocker for me.

Anyways, since then i recovered alot since then, now i got:
lvl 121
lvl 94
lvl 84
lvl 62
lvl 36
lvl 32
lvl 5
lvl 1

and if i do corrupt again, hey, it wont be that bad, i mean i got a char from lvl 43 to lvl 121 in about 2 weeks. It seems that everytime i create a new char, they always level faster than the last

yea, so thats all i have to say

Kadavreski
Aug 19, 2004, 03:43 PM
i got corrupted. i have no idea. i jsut started to connect, and when the regular st announcements appearedi got dced. it came up i was corrupted in all three areas.

shit

RicoRoyal
Aug 19, 2004, 04:16 PM
On 2004-08-19 13:43, mechgun_mike wrote:
i got corrupted. i have no idea. i jsut started to connect, and when the regular st announcements appearedi got dced. it came up i was corrupted in all three areas.

shit

So I guess I'll be making a new character that can level alongside yours next week, no?

Sayara
Aug 26, 2004, 04:09 PM
Huzzah! Never thought i'd post here.

-.-; Got FSOD'd twice. No real big loss.
Varista, Vjaya and LK Combats

2nd time was a bitch.

There shouldnt be FSOD's in like the climax of a f-in Quest. >>; Lost a God/Mind --'

darkholemind
Aug 29, 2004, 11:23 AM
GOD HAVE MERCY ON ST's SOULS. I've lost my lv.127 huney to your data corruption. Not just your stupid guild card file. BUT EVERY FILE! There was no way to stop it. You build up our hopes and we build up our characters then your shitty bugs and glitches knock them down again >_< . My bank was FULL of rares all offline legits, 200 rares; goddamn you. I loved my dragons claw too. Like I said before may god have mercy on thy soul!

DezoPenguin
Oct 2, 2004, 08:42 AM
Just finished a nice, successful run getting my new RAcaseal to 41 (go, Secret Gear!) and--WHAM! The power in the apartment...well, actually only the west half of the apartment!...flickers off while I'm saving.

There goes the RAcaseal...

...and my RAmar (81)...

...and my wife's FOmar (111)...

...and my RAmarl (135)! !&$%$@^&@*

(taking with her my only Frozen Shooter, my only Brightness Circle, my only Standstill Shield, my backup HUnewearl's Nidra (which was at 196), her own 5/145/50 Sato, my 21/0/0/179 technique-learning MAG (which had just hit 200), and seventy tons of other crap, along with my highest-level PSO character ever (she'd just surpassed my Dreamcast 134 RAmar...)

...and ove 400 hours of my wife and my blood, sweat, and tears.

Dern!

Hrith
Oct 2, 2004, 10:27 AM
sorry to hear that Dezo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DezoPenguin
Oct 4, 2004, 10:28 AM
On 2004-10-02 08:27, Kef wrote:
sorry to hear that Dezo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thanks! Ah, well, at least it's not like some of those who've lost even up to L200s. We're just digging in and starting up again. ^_^

Three
Jan 1, 2005, 01:31 AM
Well, I didn't really have much in my inventory, but my first day of playing I got FSODded FOUR times and lost everything. Luckily I didn't have anything really good, it just made me mad because I was having a good time playing.

But I'm over it. <3

Nai_Calus
Jan 1, 2005, 02:18 AM
PSOBB froze while loading into Aries 1. Absolutely nothing happened at all. I mock you all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Though I'm still pissed at myself for triggering that one glitch that ate my S-rank Twin. XP But meh, my fault for not paying fucking attention. XP

SLON
Jan 20, 2005, 08:04 AM
The 50 Hz server corrupted my files...I must have accidently selected No when asked if I wanted to display in 60 Hz mode(is this only on PAL machines?).
I went online not realising my machine was set on 50Hz. As the 50Hz server is no longer up, I got Dc immediately, but when I then pressed Start as prompted by the game, my gamefiles corrupted.
I tried to get them back but they were gone forever...
I created a new character on a new card, and tried to go on-line again. Same DC, same corruption after I pressed Start. Impossible, I thought. Something had to be wrong. I tried again, but this time when I got DC, I pressed the Power off button instead. Result - file not corrupted. Only when I thought long and hard about what might be going wrong did it twig - I was not being asked if I wanted 60 Hz mode anymore; therefore I was in 50Hz mode. Arrrgh! Resetting to 60 Hz mode, the problem disappeared.
So, thanks to Sega/Nintento, and my own small mistake, I lost 2 decent characters! let that be a warning to all Pal users.

Nai_Calus
Jan 22, 2005, 09:54 PM
Dear PSO: FUCK YOU.

Sayara
Jan 31, 2005, 09:03 PM
On 2005-01-22 18:54, Ian-KunX wrote:
Dear PSO: FUCK YOU.

Word.

shingo
Jan 31, 2005, 09:35 PM
well as soon as my friend gave me some rare weapons for my hunter and god power hp reveial and my god are i got corrupted. I Also lost my chain sawd. Good thing was i found a chain sawd with my ranger same day.

look at the turtle http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turtle.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 2, 2005, 08:51 AM
Tuesday, January 30, 2001

A report from Segaweb:
"Reports are coming out of Japan that Sega is considering implementing a system in which everyone who lost items while playing Phantasy Star Online (due to the network glitches) could get them back. We're not quite sure how this would work, but if the plan is carried out, it will start in March."

Its a shame this never got implemented. I sure could have used it last night when I lost my Nidra.

Garm
Feb 12, 2005, 06:29 AM
2 years of PSO fdods: 2 asuka, 1 red Prati, 9847454786798 justy's (O noes!), 3mil mesta and to many mates/fluids/atomizers. Most FSODs on one day: 27 (I'm so good: Thanks to Manaknayda' and in-game fsod's).
Luckily not a Single Corruption (yet).

Graptakular83
Feb 14, 2005, 05:47 AM
Ah! A rant board for corrupted chars? And I JUST found it?
I got GC PSO within the first week it came out, so I ended up losing 2 years or so of work. Sure maybe I didnt do as much in that time as some others have done in much less, it was still MY time.

Well, it happened a few months ago, but heres what I lost (All except KAZEH were legit)....

Graptakular: Lvl 138 HUmar (mine)
Notable Rares: Guard Wave, Cross Scar (70% hit), 52 legit photon drops, Red Handgun (fully grinded).

Lance: Lvl 107 RAmar (brothers')
Notable Rares: Resist/Freeze, Final Impact (95% hit)

Scarlette: Lvl 109 FOnewearl (mine)
Notable rares: Aura Field that I had just merged the day before (thanks to a moola rock trade from Tycho...)

KAZEH: Lvl 120-something HUcast (brothers')
Notable Rares: Legit Luminous Field, tons of dupes/hacks

There were many notable Guild Cards as well. Apparently, KAZEH was an acquaintance of more than a few known hackers (though KAZEH himself never hacked or duped). I was surprised at the list of people KAZEH hung out with. Too bad it was people like his friends that caused us to lose everything.

Sigh, looks like my guys can rest at last. If only I could bring back the time lost...like the infamous 13hr PSO marathon run with my roommate (Zaner).

"Dude the sun is coming up. Maybe we should sleep."
"Ok...after we beat this boss!!"
"Hell yeah!!!"

Rabid
Feb 26, 2005, 08:06 PM
I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING SHIT ASS POINT OF FSODING PEOPLE? ALL YOU FSODERS ARE FUCKING CUNT HEADS THAT HAVE NO FUCKING LIFE YOU HEAR ME! GO GET A FUCKING JOB OR LEVELING YOUR NEWBASS LITTLE CHARACTER. STOP FSODING PEOPLE. ITS NOT FUNNY. ITS NOT COOL. IT WONT GET YOU A DATE. NOBODY WILL EVER LIKE YOU FOR IT. WHY DO IT? ILL TELL YOU WHY YOU DO IT. BECAUSE YOUR A DEPRAVED CHILD AND EVERYBODY, INCLUDING JESUS, HATES YOU! AND HE RIGHTFULLY SHOULD!

SO FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU ALL TO HELL YOU FSODERS!

I lost....my....Dragon Slayer..........The only item I ever worked for.......

PJ
Feb 28, 2005, 12:02 AM
Don't worry Rabid, we all know about the lacking of lives FSODers have http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And, as a growing Skyly character, you will find a ton of Dragon Slayers. Trust me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Now, to my faulty crappy Memory Card, I've lost:

Chu Chu, Pitri, Striker of Chao, Soul Eater, Dragon/HPs, a PD that was supposed to be Bluefull card http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif and a bunch of other stuff on Budokai, but must not have been important if I can't remember.

Rabid
Mar 2, 2005, 07:46 PM
I actually feel a lot better....I found a Dragon Slayer the day after I posted that Rant, Lol Ive be able to regrind it now http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BlackHound2
Apr 27, 2005, 06:03 PM
I just got corruption on my char files, and i have a fairly good leveled group of chars, all fully packed up w/ rare weapons. I'm ok about losing the chars, i can make more, but its the weapons im worried about
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I can't bring myself to delete the files so i have to go buy another memory card.

Daikarin
May 5, 2005, 06:43 AM
What a darned hellhole, online world has become.

All due to a bunch of incompetent programmers who can't program an online game with coeherence, and don't do anything else to fix what they've done wrong.

I my the measures to FSOD: Store everything before leaving, to pick them up after entering a game. Don't visit the most prone to FSOD areas.

I go to the bank, get all my gears and weapons, and when I warp to Forest I get FSODed. Probably by some creep who has fun provoking it to someone else.

Well, there goes my legit Yamigarasu with 90% on everything (0% on machine) which had a special meaning.

Yeah, yeah, a game's a game, but a gift's a gift. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't give a shit about FSOD kids, and just keep going.

HUcast_X
Jun 2, 2005, 06:58 PM
Hehe, 3rd time corrupted and 2 mem cards lost, never got to see lvl 100 =(

Dana
Jun 22, 2005, 12:39 PM
i say this with sorrown for my friends characters may they rest in peace
(if only i could accuratly remeber there levels)

Zoe-skyly-HUcaseal-135
Rena-Viridia-FOneweral-130
Tyrael-Greennill-FOmar-50

REST IN PEACE

Poor Rena
such a good support FO;(

HUcastShinobi
Jun 22, 2005, 02:05 PM
Canas, my deadly dark warrior... FOmar @ lvl 67. With a Red Saber (and an S-Rank in the bank waiting.), god/arm, and 3 god/powers. I never loved playing as a fomar as much as i did then....

mrphilos
Jun 29, 2005, 06:19 PM
I had a level 130 odd character, and it took ages to get anywhere near that high a level. I got FSOD, which lead to my being corrupted.

Now that memory card cannot be used, at all, no matter how many times I format it, there is nothing i can do to use it again... it was 64mb as well... <sniff> it's stupid really... there is no need in FSODing or corrupting other people... it can cause them emotional stress, which could help, obviously with a load of other problems, one to commit suicide... nobody deserves this

Shiva91
Jul 3, 2005, 01:03 PM
i have been corrupted plenty times before cus of cheap GC mem cards, but being FSOD corrupted, T_T man that suxs, i went from 133 to 1 in an instant, and i lost my hard earned motav, man i thought i would never be corrupted but, eh what can you do right? just move on. :/

im back and currently lvl 44 >.> not much but im getting there

LiraelQ
Jul 15, 2005, 01:27 PM
R.I.P Nennael, lv35 Ramarl w/Delsaber's Right Arm & Varista.

It's just as well, she was a Pinkal.

OneandtheSame
Jul 15, 2005, 05:53 PM
Well anyway, I was playing offline multiplayer with my friend, and it became time to go. So I hit quit game. In a random stoke of genius, my friend turned off the gamecube WHILE IT WAS SAVING. Needless to say, my memory card was corrupted. Well, I was staring at the "HAHA! YOU GOT CORRUPTED! GO KILL YOURSELF!" screen for like 5 minutes without moving. Than I tried to salvage what was left. That whole memory card was deleted. Ugh. The other one was fine. For a few minutes. There were some transferred character files on this one, and I decided to bring them back. Bad idea. Corrupted too. Though not completely. When I just deleted the guild card, for some reason the characters were fine. But the only items I kept were on the first character. (Thank god, he has a lavis canon.) Well. in the end, corruption sucks, as I'm sure you all know. I lost a yasminkov 7000v, a frozen shooter, several ultimate characters...yeah it really blows.

Neith
Aug 23, 2005, 04:30 PM
Episode III- Just got a corrupt character file. 75 Hours of play gone. Bleh. Most of you have better cards, but I lost:

Sinow Red, Sinow Blue, Sinow Zoa, Baranz, Chaos Sorcerer, and a load of other useful cards....

I'm not too happy.

adamgnome104
Oct 2, 2005, 05:27 PM
NO ONE TOLD ME THIS TOPIC WAS HERE!

SOME STUPID FUCKING 11 YEAR OLD WITH A GAMESHARK CORRUPTED MY FUCKING CHARACTER!!

D:

This happened awhile ago, but all I did was say, "Hi how is everyone doing?" and bamf. Corrupted.

What the fuck is wrong with people!!

Not only that, USUALLY ON PSO WHEN SOMEONE GETS CORRUPTED SOMEONE ACTUALLY CARES! Oh but oohhhhhhh no since I was only level 125 for the SECOND TIME no one gave a shit. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

FUCKFUCKFUKUFKUCKFUCUC

Now I'm on PSO BB which is laggy as hell.

RadiantLegend
Oct 7, 2005, 09:36 AM
I guess the official post goes here...and maybe they will find peace at last

R.I.P
Natsume(racaseal) - lv117 (owner of the 85abeast, 45 dark Yas9k)
Aimee(hucaseal) - lv187 (first pso char)
tgr-aim(ramar) - lv163
B(fomarl) - lv140 (never got to use rico's glasses)
Ayane(hunewearl) - lv188 (one heck of a lucky purplenum)

ColonD
Nov 27, 2005, 03:50 AM
This was a while back, but I lost 8 Characters!
Uggh... for those of you who don't know, the gamecube setup for JP game play has a button on the back that switches between English/Jp
It's impossible to tell which it is set on.
My brothers roommate had the brilliant idea to hit the button many many times, removing and placing all of memory cards in and one.
--All our JP game progress gone. (Which we got back anyway. Who needed the ever-cheap and imballanced Itachi in Naruto fight-game anyway?)

--All of the data on my CLEARLY labeled PSO-only card GONE! (With level60-70 Solo, her full bank account of money and rares. and Putica (~Hard mode), Nyphra(-At falz Norm. Best Legit FO to date.) and some other character I obviously don't care as much about. ^_^;;)

--All of the data on my non-labeled A bit of everything card. (With 4 characters.)

However, one miraculasly survived, but with one downfall.
My highest character on that, (Zara Vallaru, Oran Hunewearl.) had lent her mag to Solo for feededing.
Though one good thing, is that Solo had left her a days worth of hunting to her. Around 35,000 ... ? (It's a lot, as back then she was level 15ish)

I've made new characters, (My friend has one now too, and she visits from time to time. ^_^ ) And I've almsot gotten Zara to VHard mode.
And, I found three rares in Ep2. *tears of joy.* The first time a boss has ever graced me with a rare! (I got sting tip, some other thing, not as noteable unique or usefull... and a DOUBLE SABER! I'm in heaven now! I always wanted one since I devoted myself to being legit!)

Getintothegame
Feb 16, 2006, 12:50 AM
PSO3JP Finally Laid to rest:

Getinthegame, Lv.~80
Many many wins.

(Dont know how it corrupted, tried everything though.)

To be reborn on PSO3 US, even though it's dead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-02-15 21:51 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Feb 16, 2006, 01:40 AM
Arina - 174 (Virida, HUnewearl)
- Arina (in relation to my comic is the mother of Marina [the character who hit 200] which also makes her the grandmother of Skittle) and the originator of the "Four Sword Style" technique) but in the game she was the owner of the 45/55/0/0/55 S&Y. Mainly a katana (aka orotiagito and yamigasaru), sword (red sword), and swords (S&Y, Asuka) user.

Hunting - Psychowand from Tower
Accomplishments - Finding the Real Nei, Another Yasha from Melqueek, and Another Viridia Card from Canabin

---

Summer - 164 (Greennill, HUnewearl)
- Summer is a versitle HUnewearl in my comic almost adapting to any weapon she can use in battle, but her favorite was the BKB+80 0/0/20/20/30 weapon.

Hunting - Greennill Card & Guld from Spaceship
Accomplishments - Too many damn yas3r with hit, guard wave piper, and the OTHER character besides my Oran to get a Syncesta from a Crimson

---

Sophia - 33 (Purplenum, HUnewearl)
- Sil'fer sister (who died in ep3 ;_;)... my 2nd purplenum. A few of my friends online were starting over at lvl 1, so I decided to make yet another HUnewearl to help them lvl instead of staying still with my lvl 140+ and just beating the heck out of the bosses.

Hunting - I had no plans for her. If anyone wanted a god/ability from purplenum, then I would use Sil'fer.
Accomplishment - Nothing

---

Tiara - 25 (Skyly, FOmarl)
- Probably the last class that that I haven't used, but appears in my comic. (I do have a HUcast [Cadiz], RAmar [Dorn], FOmar [Pious], and FOnewm [Flick].) Another katana weilder like Arina, but her stamina isn't so great. The wife of Cadiz, so sticks with his deformed body that was transformed into a HUcast and waits for the day when cloning becomes a reality, so they can finally 'do' it. Her sword art form is called Phoenix Flash.

Hunting - I planned to do some SJS hunting with her
Accomplishments - Nothing

[...I currently have nothing to say right now...]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2006-02-16 00:29 ]</font>

DavidNel
Feb 19, 2006, 01:52 PM
Excuse me for a second....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!

I LOST MY LEVEL 119 HUCAST!

GOD DAMN IT!

PSOPRINCE
Feb 22, 2006, 11:37 AM
103 hu cast i was soooooooo piiiiiissssssttt
may not sound so bad to you but i can only pay games at the weekend so it took bloody ages to get that far

p.s pissed doesn't cover it i was soooo fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiinnnngggggggg fucked

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOPRINCE on 2006-02-22 08:40 ]</font>

ColonD
Mar 5, 2006, 02:42 PM
AGAIN! Though I don't know WHO the culprit is; it was Zara Vallaru's fate this time!
Lvl 75! Which is the highest I even get because of the fsking curruptions!
And my second highest, Beta in hard mode!
A pinkel HUney in training.
And my other friends character. (12)

And I lost so many rares! My DB shield, Double Saber, Booma claw. Guilty light, some magic stuff, griders, photon drops. Nyyhhhhhhh!!

And for whoever it was who said things about it being easy to get it back in one day, it's kind of hard when ever you leave the game alone with anyone it currupts?!
Damnation!
*Banging head on keyboard*
I was looking forward to getting online set up so I could play with someone too!
GRAH!
*RAGE*

Ryoki
Mar 8, 2006, 05:48 PM
holy crap... i never realized it was so easy to lose data O_o. my friend lost his first character... to tell the truth, i sometimes use the duplicating glitch, but if you mess it up, BRZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!! horride noise...after that, i turned off my game, turned it back on....

There has been an error... please restart gamecube

AGH!!! sweat was rolling down my forehead... scary... load back up...

THERES RYOKI!

thank god...

now if i duplicate, i do it with a level 1 person on another memory card..

i know this isnt really the place, but something really weird happened...

...i somehow duplicated my friends character...'

we were playing offline, and he imported his character, and when we went back

Bam! two exactly alike characters...
had to return one...
still have one on my mem XD

weird..

________
Roll Blunts (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

RaDave
Mar 12, 2006, 10:00 AM
lvl 200 RaMar and 76 RaMar lvl 200 had a 100 pow 50 def n 50 dex mag...my pb took out the drag on hard on its own - not a mean feat but it was fun to watch it roar at start > mag blast > roar for death

RaDave to be reborn when PSU hits the UK shelfs! But for now "The Old Nite" lvl 35 RaMar - will own all beasts how stand in my way

Dave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaDave on 2006-03-12 07:04 ]</font>

Stormsworder
Mar 24, 2006, 11:21 PM
I randomly get the FSOD when I fight a Chaos/Dark Bringer and it uses its cannon attack. And now Kana can't go anywhere in the Ultimate Ruins. I cry. ><

Deltra
Apr 11, 2006, 10:59 AM
I almost corrupted my level 128 HUcast twice yesterday, my game got errors at loading screen. I'm lucky my characters are still there. Can't bear to lose them though. So, I'm starting BB instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2006-04-11 09:01 ]</font>

cherry
Apr 15, 2006, 09:28 PM
I got corupted with a TJS ;( so i moved to bb

Jenna6
May 18, 2006, 10:26 AM
why ppl fsod too much?????

jkrox4eva
Jun 18, 2006, 09:23 AM
lol i must be glad psox dont happen like ever. ive never fsod be4.. well only once, but everything was fine. no items lost. im happy. yay

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 10:07 PM
u kno...everybody that lost there files on a GC...dont Blame ST...blame GC memcards and Nintendo...i never heard anybody loosing a character on XBOX or PC(excluding BSOD and w/e)

i loved the hell out of PSO..but due to me bein a sega fan-boy i Hated Nintendo...i finally ended up gettin one a year after launch and me and my friends played the hell out of it...but in due time...my friend lost a character at level 80~ bug deal ...his character name was HUmar with no rares....

then monthes later...i lost my Hunter character Marx Treiz..Lv126 ...Kasumi Bracer 4Slot Guard Wave an a Demo Comet....i really never realized how much i loved that shield and armor before it was gone... i was defense KING also i lost a Lv 110 FoMar unfortunatly i forgot what he had but my current Force is way more strong..

So then i was like o well~ ill juss try again...Marx Treiz jr died at level 121 with a Chain Sawd and a couple Sanges...and i was desparatly searching for my lost guard wave + Kasumi bracer...and ofcoarse Yasha

after a year of not playin at all i started an eventually ended a new humar at Lv 110...then i started playing other games... after a while thoes games got corrupted too,with new mem cards might i add...i got bored and pissed so i sold my GC...

Sigh..forever hate Nintendo...and sorry fanboys but i wish death to the Wii~

GreyWolf360
Jun 30, 2006, 10:08 PM
now im making a new home in the XBOX and its 360...and since 360 is last of the Bill Gates world domination attempt ill go PS3.. i might have a job by then

Jarek
Jul 21, 2006, 01:44 AM
Well..guess I might as well make it official.

On 7-17-2006 I found my lv198 Fomarl Jesse and lv174 Ramarl Katie, corrupt. My fo had around 1650 hrs, and was only about 5mil exp from lv200. The ra had almost 800hrs I believe. It just..sucks that I played them for so long for it to end that way; I really wanted that fomarl to reach 200. But as Ryna told me, lv200 was never the real goal-it's all about the fun you experience along the way. So while I may not be able to see that final level, I still have all the good times I spent using her. I'd like to think I worked damn hard to be compitent and efficient in anything that I did.
*sigh*
Time to move on though I guess. I do thank all the people who showed me compassion and offered to help however they can. That fomarl is gone for good though. She served me well, and finally has her 'rest'.
(Look at me treating this like a funeral or something >_> <_< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2006, 04:34 PM
Ouch.

I remember reading around the pic threads or whatnot of your goal to have the FOmarl get to 200.

My condolences for what its worth and best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Roginofacts
Aug 2, 2006, 12:01 PM
listen if you get fosd im sorry it is my experimenting with people cheats and other stuff but im not realy that sorry

ColonelPiFace
Aug 4, 2006, 11:41 AM
i was corrrupted at level 63. right after i beat ep. 2

DonRoyale
Aug 5, 2006, 11:14 PM
Not really FSoD/BSoD, but a corruption nonetheless.

55 HUcaseal
83 RAmarl
78 FOmarl
48 FOnewearl

All lost to corruption. Ironically, I'm more disappointed in the fact that I lost the EXP.

Plus, I was bored of my HUcaseal and FOnewearl anyway. (I find Newman Forces and Hunter Androids boring)

Roughly 250 hours of gaming on those chars. Worse than my other corruption (Only lost a 61 HUcast, lol, I despise HUcasts now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

freesafety13
Sep 15, 2006, 07:11 PM
i just recently lost my CHAINSWD +15, my level 186 Deva, all mates, fluids, and atomizers, along with the two rares I had just found doing Endless Nightmare 4 on VH to FSoD. I had no idea that could happen but what really bothers me is the fact that it would take less time to mod my XBOX and hack all the things I want, than to spend all that time leveling and hunting rares. Sega never should have modified the drop rates of the Dreamcast version. I played that for about 3 months everyday and had almost all the rares in the game. SEGA, if you could hear me, your server is an embarresment to all of those who supported you through the Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, and now your venture into the creation and publishing of video games exclusively. It is a shame to see a company with so many original ideas to have a lack of fundemental execution be it's downfall. Shame on you SEGA. PSU is another loss to poor execution waiting to happen. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ME.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2006, 12:30 AM
Well, I tried to get online (which i've never done in my own home >_> ) and used an unregistered serial and access key... and got it all paid for... and it wouldn't work because the memory card was previously registered on my friends account... so I deleted all the PSO files on the memory card with the EXCEPTION OF the Character File... yet when I needed to make a new System File and Guild Card... it recreated my Character File and started me off fresh...
103 HUmar, Gone
78 RAmarl, Gone
86 FOnewm, Gone
155 FOmar.... my Geno, my main man... .... gone >_>
And yeah, they don't sound that high... but I didn't have online >_> all those levels came from offline...
So needless to say, I was pretty pissed ~_~

T0m
Sep 30, 2006, 04:56 AM
That's a shame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And the irony that you missed this topic, that warned about it very recently. Changing serial number and access key on PSO Episode I & II (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120056&forum=3&1)

Zabrio
Oct 18, 2006, 02:22 PM
I ;ost my sister's lv 167 HUmar to a corrupted memory card she was so mad

fishtales
Dec 5, 2006, 09:56 PM
... lvl 108 and 208 hours... only game i ever played that long.... now currupted my friend has a character on that card... lvl 78 because he cant play often. WTF WHY DO THE CARE IF PPL DUPE WHEN THEY HAVE ACTION REPLAY CHEATS WHAT IS THE PROPLOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! YEA IM REALLY TICKED MY FRIEND IS GOING TO BE EVEN MORE TICKED! AND HE JUST GOT ME MY DELSABER BUSTER SO MY SHEILD WAS ALL GLOWEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

zanotam
Jan 11, 2007, 09:47 PM
My pso memory cards (i've used 3 different ones) have together been mysteriously corrupted for no god damn good reason besides the fact PSO hates me, atleast 10 time probably more.

VanDarkmind
Jan 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
Well. I'Ve got the GC version of PSO. Never got corrupted or anything (Got 3 Memory Cards. All of them are working somehow) But I heard of someone who has a GC and PSO as well
Lost all his Items , the poor guy. Character was still runnig but his locker and his Item Pack was totally empty.

I AM REALLY, R E A L L Y SORRY FOR ALL THOSE OF YOU WHO LOST THEIR CHARACTERS.

I can Imagine how it would be to loose a char or even more.
I Think I would smash my GC, If my chars are turning into dust just because of something stupid going. I'm quite shure, it's Nintendo who has to be blamed for that.

Great Light bless all of those characters gone to dust during the history of PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coffin.gif

Wyndham
Jun 27, 2007, 05:15 PM
my sister deleted my level 84 HUmar, my level 60 FOmar, 4 Ratis, Agito, and Yamato max grind. plus countless other rares. oh well.