PDA

View Full Version : Full evade mats on HUnewearl?

Randomness
Nov 27, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm really tempted to go with full evade on my HUnewearl for mats. (Especially since I already have a 100 power mag) Would give me 407 EVP base at level 100 instead of 327... and potentially over 800 total EVP with a full grind Rika's Suite or Noble Cloak and units.

So... 10% more evade. Worth it, or should I just sink some combination of power and hit?

Itchee
Nov 27, 2009, 05:42 PM
I would probably do something like that, considering newmen are somewhat frail when theyre getting hit. Would probably run with a full power mag and hit and/or power units in my 4 slot armor. Would probably have a secondary full mst mag for when i felt like playing as a support damage dealer....

Chaotik
Nov 27, 2009, 06:18 PM
I have a secondary HUnewearl ... full evasion+EmeraldField+30 ( Barrier Shift ) but I only use her for support purposes ... but I have to say ... surviving SH Mother + Dark Falz without losing a single HP is priceless ( also, your Barrier Shift'ed / Deband'ed teamates will thank you ).

Other than that, I can't possibly help more ... if you want even more EVP while having a reasonable weapon, don't forget Rika's Suit + Olga Claw / Rika Claw gives you +50ATP/+25EVP ( set bonus ). So you can waste some mats on power.

If it were me, I'll just build a full-evp-support, as I said before.

... HUnewn's / HUnewearl's sure are strange, uh? They're awesome to spam PA's ( Knifes and DoubleSabers being recommended ) due to having PP recovery + high PP but their damage, even w/ a full power build, is nothing special ( not mediocre, but not good either ) when comparing to the other hunters ...

Aziel
Nov 27, 2009, 08:24 PM
The great thing about HUnl/HUnm is how incredibly versatile each of the classes can be. Honestly, your full EVP build I can see working very well, especially as a HUnl which inherently has considerably higher EVA than their male counterpart.
Full power builds aren't exactly us Newman hunters. Leave that to the CASTS. Not even HUmar/HUmarl can go full ATP build, they need a substantial amount of ATA in there.

We're not quite known for our power, but we excel in various departments that your typical hunter does not. (Also since we're EVA based and get knocked down, not DEF based we don't get as royally raped by multi-hit attacks, such as tentacle rapists spin attack, just a little perk).

I'm personally going for a bit of a hybrid, since I want to capitalize a bit on the inherent high MST that we get for some tech support (Awesome Resta + zonde stun spam ftw). I'm a HUnm, and will be going 80 ATP 20 ATA on my MAG, and 40 MST 40 EVA with my materials.

I also choose to go this route because naturally HUnms just don't have as much EVP as a HUnl. It's a rather considerable difference. Naturally as a HUnl you won't be needing as much ATA as I since you wind up with 17 more than a HUnewm by level 100. Maybe put in like 10 if you even want to bother with the stat at all. Full power would probably work fine on your mag, but an extra 10 ATA, even 20 would ensure you probably never need anymore ATA for melee weapons, even through super hard levels.

I'd say go for the EVA build man, you seriously won't need THAT much ATA to even warrant considering as a large factor to your build--hell, you could just keep your 100 POW mag and slap on a couple (or just one) hit units on your armor.

Randomness
Nov 27, 2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I plan to tote a 100-mind mag eventually too. Mostly because slicers are pure win on bosses, as is the uber-resta. I also have used shields before. Nice to have god-mode as an option :p.

*goes to sink stack of PDs into new build*

mike.experiment
Nov 28, 2009, 08:20 AM
I've actually done a similar build, although not yet fully leveled. My main is a HUnewearl, full Swift Mats, and sports the daggers. The evasion rate isn't actually as high as I expected (averaging around 60%), but with well timed evasive rolls (given that nearly all Hostile AIs have a similar downtime between attacks), and fast charging PAs (Huge Cross is a must: I powered through Dark Falz taking no damage @ lvl 50 on Hard just by flying through him to avoid his attacks, and a nice bonus is that the PA charge is nearly complete by the end of the third attack in succession), the character is the best 'rouge' styled template ingame (though arguable, true).