PDA

View Full Version : Photon Collector Time Variant

Vampickle
Nov 27, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hi all.

Just a post to see if anyone noticed that the Photon Collector is (I think) actually time variant (No, I haven't fished around the forums to check). As in the item attributes have fixed stats at certain Time and Date.

Not sure if it's the same as in the English version but for the Japanese version actually works that way.

For example, item [ドッペルサイズ] or [DoppelScythe] has the stats of

Native: 0
Beast: 0
Machine: 40
Dark: 20
Accuracy: 41

Element: Lv1 Risk
Photon Arts: Tornado Dance

At 2009/05/11 0:31.

It might be class variant as well but I've been getting the same reading for that item at the time and date with different classes. I've seen the Sword item that sells for 99 photon drops with some awesome stats and Over End photon arts but I forgot to note the time and date.

So, to get that specific item stats, you just have to change your DS time and get to the Photon Collector.

I haven't checked to see whether it stands true for the Enemy Collector but if it follows the same system, then it might be easier to get a powerful weapon if a database was built for Photon Collector items and like not waste your photon drops like.. buying a 0/0/0/0/0 sword with Over End and no element, then seeing one with like 0/40/40/40/10 with Lv 3 Ice and Over End the next day(Which I did somewhat).

There's also times for getting 4 slotted armors from the photon collector, so yeah, that's kinda it.

I only play the Japanese version so I don't know if it works for the English version.

Sorry if this post offends or is irrelevant.

Randomness
Nov 27, 2009, 11:17 PM
Enemy collector is random. Soft reset (Well, quit without save, soft reset doesn't work on this for some reason) will yield an entirely different set of stats.

Vampickle
Nov 28, 2009, 06:07 AM
Ah, okay, thanks for the info. I guess that's one part that kinda suck since I usually have bad luck in games. Kinda more dependent on the determined factor at times.

mike.experiment
Nov 28, 2009, 07:27 AM
I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but I believe the selection is also level dependent according to the current character, although not necessarily dependent upon which difficulties have been unlocked.

I was planning on testing this by leveling a character w/o completing story mode, but I haven't had the chance yet due to limited wifi access (if anyone would like to help with this hypothesis).

Pavichokche
Nov 28, 2009, 05:23 PM
I'm not too sure about the weapon/armor stats in the store, but the list itself is even more random. Since I've tried switching characters, going online/offline and even turning the game on/off, and I've still had the exact same things sold. Since I mostly buy grinders from that store, I only pay attention to those when I visit it. So because of that, I've noticed that it changes at least... 4 times a day, since in a single day I've seen both monogrinder, digrinder and trigrinder being offered (and they're usually always separate). Most likely it's every hour or two...

Also, the weapon/armor characteristics do not seem to change (for me) after soft resetting, or even turning the game on and off. But the selection of non-weapon stuffs changes... to be hones I am stumped, as random things seem to change at the randomest times

:D

Vampickle
Nov 29, 2009, 12:23 AM
Actually I never buy grinders or elements so I never really took notice of the random item thing. But I've noticed the weapon attributes have a fixed stat at the given time.

For the random item part, there's like times where I don't see one armor. Usually I would just go to the attributes page, and scroll down for the one with loads of greens like 3 or 4 sets of green.

The trend also affects the element and PA of the weapon which is like an extra factor to consider before buying the weapon. Since you have to consider the monsters to fight, then the element(sub factor) then the PA (main factor for me).

The weapon stats that I've observed so far, the best stats are like 3 stats + accuracy fix like (e.g. 30/30/30/0/30) . But if the weapon had like one stat at 50%, the rest would be zero.