PDA

View Full Version : Mission Eternal Tower not multiplayer?

DoubleJG
Nov 28, 2009, 05:27 PM
I was really hoping that you could play the Tower on some type of multiplayer, even if it were just local multiplayer, but it's looking like you can't. Is this true? If so, why do you think they would restrict it to single play only?

Breakfast2go
Nov 28, 2009, 05:32 PM
Discipline

xSHiNOx
Nov 28, 2009, 07:29 PM
its single player only kuz no one would waste 5+ hours going through the tower together with friends (wifi or local). even if it was wifi or local, your friends would just quit on you kuz they need to eat, sleep, and poop

Epically Leet
Nov 28, 2009, 07:34 PM
Sleep? Oh, I'm sure you can manage to be up 5-7 hours without sleeping... Also, why is pooping a problem if you have a DS? Just take it with you. :-P I can see while eating could be a problem, though, but then you can just say "brb, food".

I would happily go through an experience like that with a friend...

Enoka
Nov 28, 2009, 08:01 PM
I would too. I found it depressing when I couldn't set up a day were me and my friend would just go through and pwn everything in the tower. Sad. :c

Poignantswine
Nov 28, 2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah! You can play PSzero while pooping!

I have to agree though, not a whole lot of people are going to want to grind for five hours through all the floors as a group or otherwise.

The guy up there who spoke of discipline had a good point.

Challenges like the Eternal Tower are for hardcore solo-player bragging rights, and the swag you get as rewards allows you to flash your success in other ppl's faces. If you could team-up and rage through the tower in groups, you'd take away the feeling of pride that goes along with defeating it solo.

Kudos to the person who beats it once, extra gratz to the person who defeats it on all difficulties, run from the person who defeats it daily on Super.

xSHiNOx
Nov 28, 2009, 08:35 PM
Sleep? Oh, I'm sure you can manage to be up 5-7 hours without sleeping... Also, why is pooping a problem if you have a DS? Just take it with you. :-P I can see while eating could be a problem, though, but then you can just say "brb, food".

I would happily go through an experience like that with a friend...
there are probably more kids than adults that are playing psz and they have curfews as to when they have to sleep. sure you can play while poop (dont get poop on your ds; eww) but what if you're pooping and your ds's battery is in red and you're on wifi? cut you off and you forgot to save.

and again, kids need to eat with their family meaning no playing game while eating with the family

Epically Leet
Nov 28, 2009, 08:42 PM
1. there are probably more kids than adults that are playing psz and they have curfews as to when they have to sleep.

2. sure you can play while poop (dont get poop on your ds; eww) but what if you're pooping and your ds's battery is in red and you're on wifi? cut you off and you forgot to save.

3. and again, kids need to eat with their family meaning no playing game while eating with the family

1. Well, couldn't you fit it in if you played directly as you woke up? :-P

2. What? How could you get poop on it? Lol. But errm... You could start charging it (while playing) if you felt any bowel movement, and just endure for a little bit. And if you're still in there for too long for the battery to be green, well... You could hurry as soon as it starts flashing red. Hurrying with the pooping, not gaming.

3. I said you should say "brb, food" -- so I wasn't expecting anyone to play during dinner - kid or not.

xSHiNOx
Nov 28, 2009, 09:12 PM
some people are stupid/clumsy/whatever and get poop on their ds. anyways, im glad this quest is single player only. i dont want to play 5+ hours straight in the same place

Poignantswine
Nov 28, 2009, 09:16 PM
A friend of mine gave me this advice: Get comfy, and grab a snack. It's a long trip to the top.

Epically Leet
Nov 28, 2009, 09:24 PM
some people are stupid/clumsy/whatever and get poop on their ds

I have no idea how the hell you would be able to do that. Seriously. You have your DS ABOVE your freakin' ass, right? And you don't wipe your ass with your hand, do you? And surely you put away the DS when you're going to wipe, anyhow...

A friend of mine gave me this advice: Get comfy, and grab a snack. It's a long trip to the top.

Beautiful advice.

DoubleJG
Nov 29, 2009, 02:38 AM
I like this.

Kodesmack
Nov 30, 2009, 03:39 PM
My one problem with multiplayer tower is that I would probably be on for 2 hours, wreckin it with a party, just got the best drop in my life and boom cant connect to wifi. :(