PDA

View Full Version : no fair... :(

Blue-Hawk
Feb 25, 2003, 09:08 AM
my purplenum ramarl has been through the ultimate temple on a yasminkov 9000m hunt from crimson assasins. lost track how many times i went through. my friend, who is skyly, went through on his second attempt and got his db's sword off the same monster thats being a stingy bastard to me. THATS NOT FAIR! I WANT MY YASMINKOV 9000M! *cries*

Stalfos333
Feb 25, 2003, 09:49 AM
Some items ARE rarer than others, and luck plays a part besides.

Nintense
Feb 25, 2003, 10:55 AM
LOL, that is completely fair. He found a crappy DB's Sword, and that's all he will EVER find from a crimson assassin. I've found at least 50 of those in my mines runs. At least you have the CHANCE of finding something good from a crimson assassin.

TenguMan007
Feb 25, 2003, 10:56 AM
Its all luck. Same to goes with piping.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 25, 2003, 11:22 AM
lv 119 now and been making runs since lv 90 for the yas 9000m. maybe i should judt give the hell up. im never going to find one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TeamPhalanx
Feb 25, 2003, 12:16 PM
It' for the best mechgun in the game - It's worth it, no matter how many runs you end up doing.

Khaotika
Feb 25, 2003, 12:37 PM
Honestly, I think you're going about this all wrong. Take a break from Temple and go somewhere else. Sometimes the game wants you to run through certain areas, imo. I think it may have caught on that I was avoiding doing mines, since nothing of value drops there for me, and now that's where all the red boxes drop.

Just take a break and try another area, then come back. You may be surprised...

-Khao

TenguMan007
Feb 25, 2003, 12:55 PM
Arent they second best mechguns in the game next to guld milla?

Elusive_Llama
Feb 25, 2003, 01:01 PM
Depends on your point of view. I think Guld Milla has normal mechgun range, but I'm not sure. The Yasminkov 9k, on the other hand, has rifle range (which is a huge advantage for a mechgun).

So it's a question of 100 ATP vs a big increase in range.

scmfxt
Feb 25, 2003, 01:01 PM
Never give up. But do take a break from it. All rare drops depend on how lucky you are and how uber rare it is. Unlike piping for rare monsters you get to level up for your run. So, it still not a waste.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 25, 2003, 01:35 PM
i do take breaks from the temple. took a 45 ultimate seaside run break to look for a gi gues abdomen and gave up on that too. even went through all but one offline quest in ultimate. now i have been trying on and off again. this game officially hates me now.

Celes152
Feb 25, 2003, 01:51 PM
Nah, not really. I did SoB runs from 60-125ish for these Lavis Cannons. Try not to think about it, just keep doing em without hoping you'll get a drop. Just make it your daily routine to do Temple runs, and it won't be so bad.