PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Good News for CFW users ;-)

Chimeria
Nov 30, 2009, 09:32 PM
Take a look at this thread from the PSPGen forums:
http://www.pspgen.com/forums/gundam-vs-gundam-next-plus-working-with-gen-d3-t190728.html

Along with all this talk of the new PSPGen D3, Yoshihiro has gotten the new Gundam Vs Gundam game working with the new update and he says it works like a charm. The good thing about that is GvG uses the same firmware as PS:P2. So there is hope after all for all us CFW users. The only bad part is that there still hasn't been a release date yet but they say its REALLY close. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rei-San
Dec 1, 2009, 12:47 AM
Yay! Finally! :D And this might come out by the time I get PSP2. :) ....Or a PSP for that matter... :(

Arika
Dec 1, 2009, 01:28 AM
still it won't be able to play online I think.

(but still it might be good for offline screen shot)

GeoSword
Dec 1, 2009, 03:46 AM
There's still AdHoc. So there's that to play with everyone still.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 1, 2009, 03:50 AM
..Fuck. I just reverted back to OFW YESTERDAY to play the demo.

DreXxiN
Dec 1, 2009, 06:08 AM
Damn, dude. That really sucks. I mean, fuck using a piece of handheld hardware as intended! (The official isn't all that bad guys =P. I plan to put CFW on my phat PSP once I replace the LCD though so this might be interesting.)

Chimeria
Dec 1, 2009, 11:28 AM
still it won't be able to play online I think.

(but still it might be good for offline screen shot)
We won't because of that registration code that comes with the game. But Like Geosword said, there's stil ad-hoc and I've heard Xlink Kai works with it as well. I do like the go anywhere and play online with anyone thing but I'll be happy without it just having the game.

Damn, dude. That really sucks. I mean, fuck using a piece of handheld hardware as intended! (The official isn't all that bad guys =P. I plan to put CFW on my phat PSP once I replace the LCD though so this might be interesting.)

I was thinking about going back to OFW but I thought about and refused to do that just for one game. Even if it is Phantasy Star. If it was the english version, I might have though.

Maelixius
Dec 1, 2009, 04:24 PM
ISO has been leaked already.
Looks like GEN-D3 can run PSP2.
Thanks for the great news! :D

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'll likely play this on OFW. However, I would like to run it in CFW if only to make videos from it.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 1, 2009, 04:59 PM
I would play it illegally for a while but by the time I've downloaded the ISO and depending on when they release this GEN-D3 update it'll probably be on the PS store. xD
Oh well if they release GEN-D3 soonish I might get an extra day of play heh.

Chimeria
Dec 1, 2009, 06:02 PM
ISO has been leaked already.
Looks like GEN-D3 can run PSP2.
Thanks for the great news! :D

Really? I didn't know it was leaked O.o
I'm gonna go try and find it so when D3 is released, me and my sis can play! And you're welcome. I was suprised when no one had posted anything about the news already.

Typhoeus
Dec 1, 2009, 09:21 PM
Here's hoping for D-3 compatibility.

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 12:34 AM
GEN-D3 is coming on EDIT! [DECEMBER] 15th. Yoshi wants to impliment a couple of features in it.
Great news for me -- my copy of PSP2 should around around then -- if not a little later.

For those who wish to pirate the same, please support (SEGA) if you enjoy the game!

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 08:35 AM
GEN-D3 is coming on EDIT! [DECEMBER] 15th. Yoshi wants to impliment a couple of features in it.
Great news for me -- my copy of PSP2 should around around then -- if not a little later.

For those who wish to pirate the same, please support (SEGA) if you enjoy the game!

That is great news! That way by the 15th, My sis will be out of school for Christmas vacation and we can play together. I do plan on buying the game when it's released in English but until then. ISO all the way!

landman
Dec 2, 2009, 11:56 AM
Having the character data in the memory stick means hacks are possible, but having ALL the easy hacks the cfw allows to the games will mean bad news for online mode.

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 12:47 PM
Having the character data in the memory stick means hacks are possible, but having ALL the easy hacks the cfw allows to the games will mean bad news for online mode.

Well technically there won't be an online mode because you need that registration code from the official game's package. So people who use the ISO will have to resort to playing Xlink Kai and Ad-Hoc. That way you can ruin each other's fun with hacks. lol. OFW users are the only ones who can truly get online and they can't use CWCheat or any other built in cheat device so online should be safe. I don't think they still make Gamesharks anymore do they?

I'll most likely be playing Ad-Hoc because getting online with PS:P over Kai was a pain in the ass.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 12:53 PM
Well what do you know.
The empire of Sony falls after all.

landman
Dec 2, 2009, 01:07 PM
Well technically there won't be an online mode because you need that registration code from the official game's package. So people who use the ISO will have to resort to playing Xlink Kai and Ad-Hoc. That way you can ruin each other's fun with hacks. lol. OFW users are the only ones who can truly get online and they can't use CWCheat or any other built in cheat device so online should be safe. I don't think they still make Gamesharks anymore do they?

I'll most likely be playing Ad-Hoc because getting online with PS:P over Kai was a pain in the ass.
What prevents someone with the game to use the iso? what prevents them to load their file in another PSP with cfw, upgrade their character, and go back to the ofw PSP and go online? and if the new firmware allows to connect online there is no way sony can stop them from using cheats against other players.

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 01:27 PM
What prevents someone with the game to use the iso? what prevents them to load their file in another PSP with cfw, upgrade their character, and go back to the ofw PSP and go online? and if the new firmware allows to connect online there is no way sony can stop them from using cheats against other players.

People without CFW cannot play an ISO unless it was bought from the PSN store. But even still, they would still need a PSP with CFW to hack. Plus even if the new firmware allowed us to play online, we would still need that code to access that part of the game which only comes with a bought, hard-copy of PS:P2. So that there would stop cheaters. As for making a character, modding a PSP to put the character in an ISO to hack him/her then transferring them back to the original copy...I guess it could work but do you think someone would really go through the trouble of doing that?

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 01:30 PM
I guess it could work but do you think someone would really go through the trouble of doing that?

My years playing MMORPG's (RO, & PSO more than any other) allowed me to understand that people will do whatever it takes to get tons of rares and say to you "you suck, I don't".

That kind of people exists in every MMO game.

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 01:37 PM
My years playing MMORPG's (RO, & PSO more than any other) allowed me to understand that people will do whatever it takes to get tons of rares and say to you "you suck, I don't".

I never got a chance to play the online part of PSO. I did hear the hacking problem was horrible though. But something tells me its probably won't be that easy. SEGA got really smart with this game. I know that if they thought about piracy issues with the game then they have a plan for hackers, dupers, etc. But then again, we all know people at SEGA are lazy as hell sometimes. We'll just have to wait and see.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 01:49 PM
I never got a chance to play the online part of PSO. I did hear the hacking problem was horrible though. But something tells me its probably won't be that easy. SEGA got really smart with this game. I know that if they thought about piracy issues with the game then they have a plan for hackers, dupers, etc. But then again, we all know people at SEGA are lazy as hell sometimes. We'll just have to wait and see.

PSO on Gamecube was dead because Nintento in that moment was preety much "anti-internet-gaming".

But things got worst when lots of hackers started to FSOD and corrupt every character on their way, not to mention the huge spawn of mega broken rares.

PSO BB fixed a bunch of issues, but there was still some way to leak the security, since it was a build for the PC and all the files were un-encrypted.
PSU had many hacking problems at the begging, but they were fixed ASAP (or what sega calls ASAP). Never again in 2 years I was in PSU sawed again a hacker, or a hacking weapon.

Cheating is nothing more than the knowledge of the programming lacks and how to take advantage over them. Suppose you create the perfect game, with no leaks. Cheating will always exist, but it will be reduced a lot. We can expect cheating it won't be that easy, if Dragon Sakai also programmed the stuff very well.

But cheating will always exist....a cheater will always appear. I just hope that the only mode really uses a heavy security system. Looks like Sony are getting better with this"anti-piracy" stuff.

landman
Dec 2, 2009, 02:01 PM
There is no trouble at all for someone with two PSP, and with both the original game and the iso, if that new CFW allows you to connect to the PSN then the online game is doomed for sure, in the other hand, if the CFW does not allow to connect the hacking on oneself character is still possible.

It's not even a problem for people with only one PSP and a Pandora battery...

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 02:06 PM
It's not even a problem for people with only one PSP and a Pandora battery...

And the bright efforts and ideas of Dragon Sakai will be squashed by people with Agitos 99/10.

What a shame. What a shame indeed.

Ceresa
Dec 2, 2009, 02:08 PM
So blacklist people doing superrape damage online, what's the problem? There's no economy to destroy except for like...6★ 60% weapons!

"Doomed for sure" indeed...

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 02:43 PM
So blacklist people doing superrape damage online, what's the problem? There's no economy to destroy except for like...6★ 60% weapons!

"Doomed for sure" indeed...

I'm just saying its sad to see such a gorgeous game as PSP:2 is going to be, assaulted my egocentric players who can't accept defeat.

Akaimizu
Dec 2, 2009, 04:03 PM
As long as people are messing my data up, I have no worry about connecting online. It's easy enough to avoid people who cheat to do uber stuff, not so easy if someone comes around an overwrites your data. I doubt we'll ever have anything as bad as NOL again. For that, I'm glad.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 2, 2009, 05:19 PM
I just hope Yoshihiro releases that quickly. I don't want to have to load the game from the UMD - I'd rather just keep my LEGALLY BOUGHT UMD on the side and run it off the ISO so I don't have to deal with silly load times.

I don't know, we'll have to see. Still buying the game regardless since Sakai did more for this game than PSU's staff ever did.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 06:00 PM
...Sakai did more for this game than PSU's staff ever did.

That guy has to be remembered as a hero.

ShuttleXpC
Dec 2, 2009, 06:19 PM
EPSP already has a version of the game that runs, just like they came out with Tekken 6, which had the exact same encryption. Don't need to decrypt it, can be used on M33 as well.

No, I will not tell you where to get it. Buy the game, then download the CFW version you scrubs.

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 07:45 PM
The issue with PS:P2 is that people will be able to play offline, and if CFW releases people will be able do all sorts of memory edits. But I wouldn't really worry: you need an official copy to go online anyway. The people who will buy the game and want to try and make their characters unorthodoxly powerful should be scared off because they may get suspended, or worse.

I personally have a battery that puts me on CFW. Japanese language games for PSP tend to become out of print very fast, Final Fantasy Anniversary for example. I'll be looking forward to playing with PSO-World.com members once I get it (possibly... the 13th).

Illuminate
Dec 2, 2009, 07:52 PM
Well, not everyone on custom firmware wants to use it for cheating.
Some people can't afford to import every awesome game that comes out in Japan, and won't be coming stateside for another LONG year.

I'd love to import it, fact is, I'm near broke, and that's that.

Mike
Dec 2, 2009, 07:57 PM
So you'd steal it instead?

CFW isn't all for pirating. Screenshots and videos are the two main reasons I use it and if Sega had put a screenshot function in the game, I probably wouldn't even bother to use cfw. Unless there was a super cool homebrew game out there. And there are a few interesting ones.

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 08:06 PM
I know that piracy hurts the industry, but I don't think piracy is stealing, there's a significant difference. Illuminate not being able to buy the game isn't going to hurt SEGA, nor is pirating it. Only if s/he decides not to buy it just because their's a cheaper way of getting it. Second-hand is just as bad a piracy.

However -- importing the game and not buying the local release also hurts the overseas community.

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 08:37 PM
Well, not everyone on custom firmware wants to use it for cheating.
Some people can't afford to import every awesome game that comes out in Japan, and won't be coming stateside for another LONG year.

I'd love to import it, fact is, I'm near broke, and that's that.

Yeah, I have CFW and I've only cheated with MHP2 after I formatted my memory stick and didn't back up my data. But other than that, I hardly use CWCheat. And a game like Phantasy Star Portable wouldn't be fun at all if someone entered a cheat to instantly get all the the weapons. It removes ones of the funnest aspects of the game which is to search for powerful weapons and items. I do like the screenshot plug-in and Remote Joy as well.

But as for not importing. I'd rather just spend my money on the english version of the game but until that is released, I'll be playing the ISO.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 2, 2009, 08:59 PM
People also forget CFW has a lot of other great stuff. You can make modifications to the XMB, run multitaskers (IR Shell), run file explorers, enhanced web browsers, Opera Mini, perfect emulators, screenshots, etc.

Of course the white knight anti-pirate guys will say YEAH YEAH YEAH, SO WHAT, WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE REALLY USING IT FOR.

Really, really? You do?

Anyway, here's hoping it gets taken care of so we can play it. I could care less for CWCheat compatibility, I just want to play it off the memory stick for faster loading times with enhanced homebrew.

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 09:08 PM
People also forget CFW has a lot of other great stuff. You can make modifications to the XMB, run multitaskers (IR Shell), run file explorers, enhanced web browsers, Opera Mini, perfect emulators, screenshots, etc.

Of course the white knight anti-pirate guys will say YEAH YEAH YEAH, SO WHAT, WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE REALLY USING IT FOR.

Really, really? You do?

Anyway, here's hoping it gets taken care of so we can play it. I could care less for CWCheat compatibility, I just want to play it off the memory stick for faster loading times with enhanced homebrew.

I LOVE YOUR ANSWER!! :-D And I completely agree.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 09:18 PM
EPSP already has a version of the game that runs, just like they came out with Tekken 6, which had the exact same encryption. Don't need to decrypt it, can be used on M33 as well.

Hmm..

No one wants to ask you the obvious.

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 09:45 PM
I LOVE YOUR ANSWER!! :-D And I completely agree.

Don't forget the one and only LightMP3 homebrew! 17 hours of 'lossless' music.

Triple_S
Dec 2, 2009, 10:07 PM

Interesting that it was patched already.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 2, 2009, 10:18 PM

VEEEEERRRYYY interesting I should say......

NekoRul
Dec 3, 2009, 03:31 AM

No, I will not tell you where to get it. Buy the game, then download the CFW version you scrubs.

With EPSP he refers to Phantasy Star Portable 2? Interesting o__o

sandylecuistot
Dec 3, 2009, 04:25 AM

I don't play MMO for that reason (and some others)
Adhoc is nice enough.

Izuna
Dec 3, 2009, 06:17 AM
PSO isn't an MMORPG. It's an Action or Online RPG. Just as Guild Wars isn't MMO either, it's a Cooperative Online RPG.

Arika
Dec 3, 2009, 06:41 AM
No worry there, if you just dislike UMD because of slower running/loading.

JP UMD game usually come with installing option to make your game run faster.

In my experience the game with install function can load as fast as ISO from UMD.
(for example, FF dissedia and Gundam vs Gundam )

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2009, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't say that. There's only maybe around 5 main games, so far, that had the install option. Fortunately, more and more are starting to do it.

Arika
Dec 3, 2009, 07:49 AM
at least my friend confirm it to me now that PSPo2 has install option, so that is all matter here :p

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sounds great. A game as big as this needs something like that. I'll probably pick up another Pro-duo memory stick so I can have room to use the install option.

Accolade
Dec 3, 2009, 07:58 AM
Has anyone tested running a physical UMD copy on a PSP with custom firmware installed? I'm going to be picking up a copy of the game as soon as I can play it anyway (I'd like to say because I am a good person and Alfasystem deserves my money, but the major reason is so I can register an account for Online Mode), but I'd rather not throw 5000 yen away if I can't play the actual game.

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it's been tested to death. No CFW is set to run 6.1 required games.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 3, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure it's been tested to death. No CFW is set to run 6.1 required games.

GEN-D3 will....
As the main poster said.

Everyone with CFW just have to wait a couple of days.

Typhoeus
Dec 3, 2009, 01:56 PM

That guy is talking out of his ass, I check the EPSP forums and there is only a link to the unpatched game...which nobody over there can play either.

sandylecuistot
Dec 3, 2009, 08:05 PM
PSO isn't an MMORPG. It's an Action or Online RPG. Just as Guild Wars isn't MMO either, it's a Cooperative Online RPG.

I wasn't talking about pso... but it's not totally different.
I like pso and psu, but not online.

Typhoeus
Dec 4, 2009, 11:18 PM
No luck yet?

ChaosAngel92
Dec 5, 2009, 11:09 AM
No luck yet?

Wether if we were lucky or not will be decided on the December 15th.

Its useless to keep trying to fix the demo or the full version if a the current firmware its going to be outdated soon.

Novaga
Dec 6, 2009, 01:31 AM
Quick question, if I buy the game will i be able to play online with cfw? Total noob question

XenivouS
Dec 6, 2009, 01:41 AM
No, Sony requires the newest firmware which is currently 6.20 to play online or even to connect to the PSN store. CFW is only at 5.50. The updates to that firmware are only allowing newer games requring higher firmware to be playable on the current version of CFW.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 6, 2009, 11:23 AM
All this pirating talk makes me sick. It shouldn't even be allowed to talk about here. Get jobs.

Somnia
Dec 6, 2009, 11:32 AM
Not all of us slimy pirates are bad guys. I got CFW just to play JP PS Portable, and bought it day one stateside.

Illuminate
Dec 6, 2009, 12:05 PM
I'm ordering. Once I get my money into my bank account tomorrow. I've already gotten IT, just, I want to play it online, and don't feel like waiting till the 15th, so that's that.

Triple_S
Dec 6, 2009, 12:11 PM
All this pirating talk makes me sick. It shouldn't even be allowed to talk about here. Get jobs.

Oh yes, because the only reason to have custom firmware is for pirating. Homebrew? Nah. Running legitimate copies of games off of the memory stick to speed up loading times and increase battery life? Nope. Easy screenshots and videos? Never.

I could go on.

Zeek123
Dec 6, 2009, 01:24 PM
Oh yes, because the only reason to have custom firmware is for pirating. Homebrew? Nah. Running legitimate copies of games off of the memory stick to speed up loading times and increase battery life? Nope. Easy screenshots and videos? Never.

I could go on.

This. I own all my "pirated" games. Not used, legitimate, yadda yadda yadda.

And on a side note, as was stated earlier, that code that comes with the game that's needed to get online is not the problem with playing PS:P2 with CFW. It's the fact that ALL games need to actually connect to the PSN Store and runs a Firmware Scan.

There are webistes out there that generate Product Codes so people can illegally use software.

But it's ok. Sony gave us a work-around with Ad-Hoc party. I was going to play online with that anyhow. Voice chat ftw. :p

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 6, 2009, 01:37 PM
Not talking about modding. I'm talking about downloading ISOs (specifically PSP2) of games people don't own. I have no qualms with custom firmware.

Izuna
Dec 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
If PSP2 doesn't work with CFW (or at least, cwcheat and pirated isos) then the online community will not suffer. I would prefer that, to be honest.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 9, 2009, 04:49 PM
No worry there, if you just dislike UMD because of slower running/loading.

JP UMD game usually come with installing option to make your game run faster.

In my experience the game with install function can load as fast as ISO from UMD.
(for example, FF dissedia and Gundam vs Gundam )

This is not entirely correct. The install option for a lot of games does not install the ENTIRE game on the memory stick, usually only certain parts; what the developer deems as the "most used" parts. I tried that install option with Musou Orochi 2 (Warriors Orochi 2), and I only noticed a modest improvement in load times. To compare, I made a full ISO off my original Musou Orochi 2 game and loaded the ISO from the PSP. Much faster load times and most importantly, no silly swapping of UMDs.

Unless the PSP2 UMD Install copies the ENTIRE ISO to the Memory Stick (which I doubt) I would not be expecting as comparable of a performance increase as playing off the Memory Stick/ISO.

Izuna
Dec 9, 2009, 05:01 PM
I swear all the msinstl does is install the PSP2 demo. Whether that works for cutting loading times, I don't know. But I doubt it.

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2009, 06:19 PM
For the full game, I noticed some improvement using the install option. (Note, you have to turn it on the options (in game) after you do it, or it does nothing). It is especially useful for quick weapon swaps, otherwise you have to deal with weapon-load lag a whole lot.

Zarode
Dec 9, 2009, 08:09 PM
Unless the PSP2 UMD Install copies the ENTIRE ISO to the Memory Stick (which I doubt) I would not be expecting as comparable of a performance increase as playing off the Memory Stick/ISO.

Spoilers: It doesn't. :wacko:

Net_PePo
Dec 14, 2009, 06:28 PM
I found this news in a website, it says that soon thy launch a new cfw and some recent games will be playable. This is part of the notice:

Voici une liste de quelques nouveaux jeux testés et compatibles (UMD et Backup non patchés) :
Tekken 6
Gundam vs Gundam
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Naruto
J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou 6 Pride of J
Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3
James Cameron Avatar The Game
Phantasy Star Portable 2
R-Type Tactics II Operation Bitter Chocolate
Bleach Soul Carnival 2
Battle Spirits Kiseki no Hasha
Yamada
etc.

Le Custom Firmware sera mis en ligne entre 20h et 23H59 demain soir

(Mardi 15 décembre 2009)

For the french talk... I'll not say anything else!

Chimeria
Dec 14, 2009, 09:06 PM
Well yeah dude...we kinda already found that out. Hence this thread. :-D

ChaosAngel92
Dec 15, 2009, 02:00 AM
Now please somebody press the Fast Forward button on the time so I can play this already!

Kichi
Dec 15, 2009, 09:28 PM
Tested on PSP 2000 running GEN D3. Main Menu works, but can't start new game, and can't import character. I get a blank screen when I try. DX

I really hope I'm jus doing something wrong.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I was doin' it wrong. XD

LeeroyJenkem
Dec 15, 2009, 09:42 PM
Here's a link for those of you having trouble finding the d3 update.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjqnnmzduxy

Tested on PSP 2000 running GEN D3. Main Menu works, but can't start new game, and can't import character. I get a blank screen when I try. DX

I really hope I'm jus doing something wrong.

It all works fine for me, i just imported my lv11 character from the demo.
I'm using a PSP2000 btw.

Kichi
Dec 15, 2009, 09:51 PM
Frig....what driver are you using? What plugins, etc? WHY WON'T MINE WORK DX

Chimeria
Dec 15, 2009, 11:16 PM
I just started playing. I was originally going to create a CAST but the new Newman outfit looks so cool. I'm mad you can't skip that first cut scene though. I'm like JUST LET ME PLAY!! XD

EDIT: Holy crap, you can't skip the cut scenes at all. >:-O

evange
Dec 15, 2009, 11:18 PM
any hacks for phantasy star portable 2 yet?
i don't feel like grinding on jap version, waiting for english version.

Chimeria
Dec 15, 2009, 11:25 PM
any hacks for phantasy star portable 2 yet?
i don't feel like grinding on jap version, waiting for english version.
There probably aren't. And I'm sure if there were, the people here wouldn't tell you. The fun in Phantasy Star is grinding and searching for new weapons. If you don't want to do that then you shouldn't be playing :-/

Kichi
Dec 15, 2009, 11:44 PM
Wow. I feel....stupid. I didn't check filesize, and apparently, I got a partial RAR, that somehow still managed to extract without an error. And thus, nothing but the menu functioned, because I had barely over half the game, and it did not like that.

Needless to say, it's working now. :D WOOOOOO

evange
Dec 16, 2009, 12:14 AM
There probably aren't. And I'm sure if there were, the people here wouldn't tell you. The fun in Phantasy Star is grinding and searching for new weapons. If you don't want to do that then you shouldn't be playing :-/

well i grind in PSP cuz its in english.
I get headaches when there is tons of jap words everywhere.

Touka
Dec 16, 2009, 02:28 AM
Holy crap, you can't skip the cut scenes at all. >:-O

You can,just hold down start untill you skip.

Rei-San
Dec 16, 2009, 03:33 AM
I'm happy to here that the cfw is finally working. You know what that means... We need gameplay and screen shots people. Get to work! :wacko:

And based on what I gathered here in the forums I just want to verify so I'll understand: I can use the cfw to play online via Wi-fi, but I can't acsess Ad Hoc party or the PS store because the PS3 will run a Firmware check? :-? Please help me understand.

Chimeria
Dec 16, 2009, 09:18 AM
You can,just hold down start untill you skip.
OMG!!! Thank you so much for telling me this! :-D

And based on what I gathered here in the forums I just want to verify so I'll understand: I can use the cfw to play online via Wi-fi, but I can't acsess Ad Hoc party or the PS store because the PS3 will run a Firmware check? :-? Please help me understand.
That's what they say...but fortunately for us CFW users, there's always Xlink Kai. ;-)

Amherst_Wind
Dec 16, 2009, 09:32 AM
Why couldn't you access adhoc party? I haven't tried but I don't think adhoc party bothers to look at your PSP's firmware. You also wouldn't be able to use the internet mode on PSP2 at all.

Tetsaru
Dec 16, 2009, 12:28 PM

This is confusing the hell out of me too. I see all this talk about a new CFW coming out, Ad-Hoc party, online Wi-Fi, and Xlink Kai, and I barely know the differences between all of it... @_@

What all would I need to JUST be able to play alongside people online?? As in like, I'm at home by myself, I hook up to the Internet, I turn on the game, I wanna play with people, preferably those on my PSN contact list. I don't have a modded PSP yet, but a friend of mine does, and I'd like to know what all you'd need so we could possibly test it out, if he's willing.

Chimeria
Dec 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
This is confusing the hell out of me too. I see all this talk about a new CFW coming out, Ad-Hoc party, online Wi-Fi, and Xlink Kai, and I barely know the differences between all of it... @_@

What all would I need to JUST be able to play alongside people online?? As in like, I'm at home by myself, I hook up to the Internet, I turn on the game, I wanna play with people, preferably those on my PSN contact list. I don't have a modded PSP yet, but a friend of mine does, and I'd like to know what all you'd need so we could possibly test it out, if he's willing.
A custom firmware is a hacked version of Sony's security firmware. It enables people to play games, play homebrew, amd do all kinds of other good stuff. Everyone is all excited over this new fireware because it enables you to play the new line-up of games including Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Basically, what you're asking for is the ad-hoc party where you play with friends through the Playstation network or whatever. I'm not sure how it works because I don't have a PS3. But from what I hear, it lets you play your PSP games online with voice chat. I keep hearing modded PSPs can't perform this option. But like I said, I dunno.

Xlink Kai requires you have a wireless network, a wireless router, a computer and a downloadable interface that connects you to other PSP that are connected thru Kai worldwide so people can play together. Its kinda confusing at first setting everything up at first and even more confusing to get online with PS:P2 but that's all you got, you'll figure out.

The easiest thing to do is just import the game. That way all you need is the code from the case. You enter that in-game and viola, you're able to play online from ANYWHERE.

Zarode
Dec 16, 2009, 01:41 PM
Basically, what you're asking for is the ad-hoc party where you play with friends through the Playstation network or whatever. I'm not sure how it works because I don't have a PS3. But from what I hear, it lets you play your PSP games online with voice chat. I keep hearing modded PSPs can't perform this option. But like I said, I dunno.

lol i duno

Then don't post about it. Jesus.

AdHoc Party lets you play PSP games online, yes, by tunneling the adhoc signal through your PS3's WIRED connection. So you need to have a wired connection to your PS3 to use it, no ands ifs or buts. It's pretty freakin' simple to use. Its in the PSP addons section of the >>>US<<< PS3 Network Shop.

Xlink Kai is a large pain in the ass that requires specific hardware that is fickle as hell, hardly wants to work when you want it to, and when you finally connect to games: wa-hey! look at that someone cannot connect, you dropped connection, you blue screened, or it is laggy as hell.

DO NOT USE XLINK KAI.

Bane of my god damn Monster Hunter 2G days. A god damn nightmare, that program is.

The easiest thing to do is just import the game. That way all you need is the code from the case. You enter that in-game and viola, you're able to play online from ANYWHERE.

Haw. If your only choice was Xlink Kai, I'd agree. But, AdHoc Party does not lag(in my experiences), where Internet Multi-Mode does. Good thing they finally put some effort into the netcode, but it still cannot stand up to Monster Hunter's.

I'm just gonna be straight up, if you pirate the game, you either have a PS3 with WiFi on it, or friends. This game, like PSU and PSO, is not fun offline.

PandaKingEX
Dec 16, 2009, 01:49 PM
Xlink kai is not that hard to use. Most of the time I hear people having problems with it is because they are using a wifi max adaptor. I suggest a planex adaptor, because they are cheaper, and work perfectly.

I've been using xlink just fine for a while now, and I would definitely be willing to try and help people out who are having problems with it, if just for the sake of having more people to play with.

Tetsaru
Dec 16, 2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for explaining that to me. I'd have to ask my friend what he uses to get online with his modded PSP, because he told me he has gotten online with other games before. I have Ad-Hoc Party downloaded on my PS3, and I have access to both wired and wireless Internet (pretty sure my friend does too, but I don't think he's tried using Ad-Hoc Party yet), but I'll have to wait until I get my own modded system and the know-how to use it.

evange
Dec 16, 2009, 01:53 PM
i have a question, i am now playing PSP 2 on cfw 5.50gen-d3, would i be able to use the save file when i upgraded to 6.10 ofw?

H-Hanzo
Dec 16, 2009, 02:13 PM
i have a question, i am now playing PSP 2 on cfw 5.50gen-d3, would i be able to use the save file when i upgraded to 6.10 ofw?

Oh men I have the same question ^^;

ashley50
Dec 16, 2009, 02:39 PM
why not try it yourselves to find out? its faster than waiting replies ;]

Chimeria
Dec 16, 2009, 03:09 PM
Xlink kai is not that hard to use. Most of the time I hear people having problems with it is because they are using a wifi max adaptor. I suggest a planex adaptor, because they are cheaper, and work perfectly.

I've been using xlink just fine for a while now, and I would definitely be willing to try and help people out who are having problems with it, if just for the sake of having more people to play with.
This is true. But still setting up Kai can be kinda intimidating at first to people who aren't as tech savy as others. And judging by Tetsaru saying he/she doesn't know the diference between Kai, CFW, Ad-hoc party, etc. I'm thinking he/she might have a problem with it. lol.

Plus PS:P is different from games like Monster Hunter where you can just connect to Kai, choose a room and then meet up at the gathering hall. I haven't been online with PS:P2 yet but the first one was a pain in the ass to connect with. And I have a PLanex Mini2-GW adaptor. It's an awesome little device. I've never had any problems with lag myself but most of the time it's the people with sucky connections that screw up Kai :-P

PandaKingEX
Dec 16, 2009, 03:37 PM
Well that's understandable. Xlink kai does have some problems, and it's probably the least efficient way to play this game multiplayer out of all the available methods, but it still works for people that want a cheap method, and are willing to go over a few bumps in the road to reach the goal.

If there are any kai users out there, drop me a message, and I'll be happy to play with you.

Var
Dec 16, 2009, 10:29 PM
You can Adhoc Party with Custom Firmware, Adhoc does not really communicate with the PSP in any way besides using the Wireless, it doesnt run any checks on it.

I've done it with FF:Dissidia, MHFU and PSP1

Rei-San
Dec 16, 2009, 11:29 PM
K, everything is starting to come together for me now. So what about the PS network? Since some of the dlc like weapons, costumes, and missions involves downloading them from it.

Mike
Dec 16, 2009, 11:43 PM
Haven't tried it but it's likely a big fat NO. However, download quests are completely seperate from the PSN so you can play those if you like.

GeoSword
Dec 17, 2009, 12:40 AM
I tried to and I can't use the Chavalier Fluge CAST parts now. So any future DLC won't work from the PSN unfortunately.

ashley50
Dec 17, 2009, 01:07 AM
at least you can play....right?

GeoSword
Dec 17, 2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I can still play. Though I was kinda upset that I can't use the parts now. Looks like I may have to get a second PSP for that.

Rei-San
Dec 17, 2009, 02:27 AM
but, I want the weapons and clothes. :cry:

I think a Pandora battery lets me switch between cfw and ofw. I guess I'll go to ofw when I want those things then switch back if that's possible...

Volcompat321
Dec 17, 2009, 02:39 AM

Why would the firmware change save files?
If it does, you're doing something totally wrong.
No matter what firmware you have, any save file in your PSP would not be changed.
If you're nervous about this, you can always back-up your save files and transfer them if anything bad happens.

but, I want the weapons and clothes. :cry:

I think a Pandora battery lets me switch between cfw and ofw. I guess I'll go to ofw when I want those things then switch back if that's possible...

Same thing as above.
Your firmware will not change saves.(content or gamesaves).
Period.
Download it with the OFW if you have to, and when you switch back, it will remain on the memory stick.
So, as long as your PSP can access the memory stick, your content will still be on it.

d19xx
Dec 17, 2009, 05:37 AM
Why would the firmware change save files?
If it does, you're doing something totally wrong.
No matter what firmware you have, any save file in your PSP would not be changed.
If you're nervous about this, you can always back-up your save files and transfer them if anything bad happens.

It does change. It's not only the firmware but the game itself. Phantasy Star Portable(1st one) had issues with save files with older firmware. The game was compatible with with 3.71 firmwares. However if the save file was made on a PSP with a higher firmware it will not work if you transfer the file to a PSP using an older firmware. This was not unique to PS:P there were several Gamefaqs users that had issues with downloaded save files from other games that is not working on their firmware.

Here's some links discussing this issues:

PSP
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945973&topic=44472970

Gundam Battle Universe
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945973&topic=48504961

Also there were issues with some game saves when Sony released ofw 5.00. Some save games made under ofw 4.00 fails to load. It's Sony's way of telling consumers to stop downgrading their PSPs..... jerks

Volcompat321
Dec 17, 2009, 05:53 AM
If there was a problem with people downloading saves from the internet, (for one, they shouldn't have done that anyway, lazies), it's probably not a firmware problem.

People blame firmware on a lot of things.
(I had absolutely no problem with PS:P and this, and I switched firmware(PSP's) in between).

I don't know how this would effect it, and I've tried everything to see what the problem could be.

So, I stand by what I said, "if it does, you're doing something totally wrong".

Also, I just tried it with two different PSP's. One with CFW 3.71 (PSP 2001), and the other with 5.00M33-3(PSP2000).
Tried again after updating both, the 2001 with 5.00M33 and the 2000 with 5.50GenD.

No problems loading PS:P. (Haven't tried with PS:P2. Can if I need to).

If I understand right, you said the problem happened when people created saves with lower firmware going to higher, and/or making with higher FW, and using on lower?
Tried both that way, using a 2GB Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo.

EDIT: Tried with a PSP 1000 too.
CFW 1.5(friends PSP, he downgraded) He also made a save, and I tried it with the 2000 with 5.50Gen D. No problems.
:o Maybe I'm not getting what the error was?
I don't think I fully understand how it's happening.

EDIT2: Wait...I gotta ask my friend something...does CFW 1.5 even work with PS:P? :o
Not sure if he just used any game or not... :o

Arika
Dec 17, 2009, 06:59 AM
ok, from what I know, gen-D3 is not working with PSP-3000. so..

does PSP-3000 have any CFW to use on PSPo2 yet? I can't wait to take screen shot of my new collection outfit and stuffs.

Volcompat321
Dec 17, 2009, 07:23 AM
Not sure.
I don't own a 3000, so I don't keep up with them much.
I'm usually months behind on that information.

What happened to the 5.02 or whatever it was you had?
ChickHEN should work with it still.

I got my new battery and charger a few days ago, so I'm back playing PSP for a while.
I've been playing Monster Hunter with my RL friends though.

I'll be working on making sure I can take screenshots again.
I want to be able to take video too, but for now screenshots are okay.

Arika
Dec 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
What happened to the 5.02 or whatever it was you had?
ChickHEN should work with it still.

there is an CFW 5.03Gen-C that release together with Gen-D.

But I dunno if it can work with PSPo2, anybody try it yet?

Volcompat321
Dec 17, 2009, 08:02 AM
Oh, I thought you got a CFW through ChickHEN that worked with PS:P2(the demo at least).
I'll do a little research and look it up for you.

Illuminate
Dec 17, 2009, 10:05 AM
I know the download cast parts don't work, but, do download missions work?

Sorans
Dec 17, 2009, 10:24 AM
Yes, they work perfectly ;) !

Illuminate
Dec 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
Any idea how I can get my hands on them? Err, free ones, anyway.

I can't access the PSN. :P CFW.

Secondly, I tried installing Media Go, but it had an error and stopped.

Edit: Also... Can you get Lumia's outfit? -shrug-

ashley50
Dec 17, 2009, 10:44 AM
Lumia's outfit? You mean The Guardians' Uniform?

Amherst_Wind
Dec 17, 2009, 10:56 AM
Lumia's Guardians Uniform = Yes
Lumia's AoI outfit = Yes
Lumia's PSU outfit = At the moment no, but possibly in the future...

Illuminate
Dec 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
How do you get Lumia's Guardians Uniform? :O Do want.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 17, 2009, 12:57 PM
Any idea how I can get my hands on them? Err, free ones, anyway.

I can't access the PSN. :P CFW.

Secondly, I tried installing Media Go, but it had an error and stopped.

Edit: Also... Can you get Lumia's outfit? -shrug-

I'd imagine this is a pain in the butt, but (hah) if you have a legitimate copy of the game (you DO have a legitimate copy, yes?), you could download the content with your legal copy of PSP2 + OFW, then downgrade back to CFW and use the backup copy of the ISO or the UMD to play it.

I know it's a pain in the butt, but that's the only way I can think of if you want to use the DLC with CFW and PSP2.

JudgeChief
Dec 17, 2009, 01:17 PM
Actually, if you download Media Go from Sony, PSN seems to work with CFW. It changes sometimes, but I used it with the new firmware and it works fine.

Illuminate
Dec 17, 2009, 03:42 PM
I still wanna know how to get the Guardian's Uniform. D:

Amherst_Wind
Dec 17, 2009, 03:54 PM
Well, I say Lumia's Guardians Uniform, its just the Guardians Uniform. You'll need Photon Boosters unfortunately and they're a pain in the ass to get right now, you get them randomly as an S rank reward from the Toru and Kuro Extra Mission and the Fanta Quiz Battle. However you hardly ever get them and are much more likely to get a Photon Drop or Crystal... and to top it off both those missions are extremely boring after you've done them once. :(
If you manage to get 3 Photon Boosters (and 12 Photon Drops) you can trade for a Guardians Uniform in the Wandering Peddler, the DL trade mission with Bruce.

Illuminate
Dec 17, 2009, 03:58 PM
Ooh, sounds fun. o.o

So, how do you work Media Go? xD

W-saber
Dec 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
got some question regarding savedata.

i play this game with cfw d3, and now i m planning to buy the legal copy of the game, since that is the only way if we want to acces infrastructure mode.

my question is, will my progress on the game that i save with cfw can be transfered to the legal copy of the game with ofw?
and can i continue play with that data on infrastructure mode later?

Illuminate
Dec 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
You can't continue to play using that data, from what I understand. Sega will drop the banhammer on you. Start a whole new save.

landman
Dec 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, that's what most of us believe, but no one with a registered game will test it to prove it right or wrong lol

ashley50
Dec 26, 2009, 03:09 PM
Someone has to TRY it...so we can have a SOLID proof lol.

Alma
Dec 26, 2009, 03:12 PM

i play this game with cfw d3, and now i m planning to buy the legal copy of the game, since that is the only way if we want to acces infrastructure mode.

my question is, will my progress on the game that i save with cfw can be transfered to the legal copy of the game with ofw?

I think as long that save is yours, unmodified, and you never attach it on a psn account before, you probably can do it.

but i dont know, this is just my speculation...

also there is also rumor about Sega banning people that use modified save... i dunno about this case tough...

Illuminate
Dec 26, 2009, 06:11 PM
Lol, well, why doesn't some rich spoiled kid go try it.

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 26, 2009, 07:08 PM
You should be fine. It's only "modified" if you changed the savefile in some way. There is no way at all to tell if the savefile was created on CFW and then played on OFW.

Illuminate
Dec 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hope for your sake Keiko's right. :P

Izuna
Dec 26, 2009, 09:02 PM
I play the iso when I want to have LightMP3 on the on PSP at the same time. I am still able to play online so it's fine.

W-saber
Dec 26, 2009, 10:50 PM
so it can be done? as long im not modified it?
btw what it mean to modified save?

Zarode
Dec 26, 2009, 10:57 PM
Fancy way to say cheating.

ashley50
Dec 26, 2009, 11:04 PM
I play the iso when I want to have LightMP3 on the on PSP at the same time. I am still able to play online so it's fine.

can you provide screens of you playing online?

logging in, joining parties...etc.

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm right. The savefile is not modified any way at all just because you played it on CFW first, it's exactly the same as UMD/OFW-made savefile.

Volcompat321
Dec 27, 2009, 01:11 AM
Interesting, this brings good news to people that want to take screens! :D
Sucks, because you know there will be people cheating. :disapprove:

Izuna
Dec 27, 2009, 01:32 AM
can you provide screens of you playing online?

logging in, joining parties...etc.

I mean I can play online on OFW even after I play on CFW. CFW can't go online [yet]. Being able to play online with CFW would be cool if it'd have to be done with the UMD, I really want as many people to buy this game!

Volcompat321
Dec 27, 2009, 01:37 AM
I'm playing a copy someone bought. lol. :p
Actually, my RL friend bought it from the JP PSN store, and I'm just using her copy.
I don't play online, because I'd have to use her JP account.
It's just easy to play my own file, offline/multimode, with friends around me.

Izuna
Dec 27, 2009, 01:41 AM
I'm playing a copy someone bought. lol. :p
Actually, my RL friend bought it from the JP PSN store, and I'm just using his copy.
I don't play online, because I'd have to use her JP account.
It's just easy to play my own file, offline/multimode, with friends around me.

So, he uses her JP account and you are using the copy of the game he bought? ^^'

D14BL0
Dec 27, 2009, 02:23 AM

Yes, you can. The savefile from playing on CFW or OFW is exactly the same. CFW doesn't alter your save files in any way.

The only reason why it wouldn't work is if you manually altered your save file, like if you used HexEdit to alter your data.

Using CWCheat to fluff your stats may also trigger it to ban your account. To my knowledge, using CWCheat to do things like screenshots shouldn't do anything bad, since taking a screenshot doesn't affect your save data at all, so everything should be safe as long as you're not editing your save file or cheating your stats in any way.

I mean I can play online on OFW even after I play on CFW. CFW can't go online [yet]. Being able to play online with CFW would be cool if it'd have to be done with the UMD, I really want as many people to buy this game!

At this time, even if you have the UMD, you can't play online. PSN checks your firmware version, and if it doesn't match the current OFW, it won't let you connect, regardless of UMD or running from MS (PSN can't tell if you're using UMD, anyway, since the CFW makes the PSP think it's running from UMD instead of MS).

CFW users need to simply wait for a GEN update that'll spoof the firmware properly for PSN to allow access.

Izuna
Dec 27, 2009, 02:33 AM
At this time, even if you have the UMD, you can't play online.

Yes, I know.

CFW users need to simply wait for a GEN update that'll spoof the firmware properly for PSN to allow access.

Because of the online code you need to enter, CFW won't help the pirates ^^', just those who love SEGA.

Arika
Dec 27, 2009, 05:53 AM
Yes, you can. The savefile from playing on CFW or OFW is exactly the same. CFW doesn't alter your save files in any way.

The only reason why it wouldn't work is if you manually altered your save file, like if you used HexEdit to alter your data.

Using CWCheat to fluff your stats may also trigger it to ban your account. To my knowledge, using CWCheat to do things like screenshots shouldn't do anything bad, since taking a screenshot doesn't affect your save data at all, so everything should be safe as long as you're not editing your save file or cheating your stats in any way.

Did you already try that? if not, it would be a lot of help if you can prove it in someway.
It will allow much easier way to take screen shot/ video of offline runs. (for now, nobody who play online takes screen shot/video in real runs, because we afraid to be in the situation that a good rare drop and we can't save)

we all think the same that, just save with CFW shouldn't have any problem, but still. ST is being serious for this game. So it is risky to try that. (eg. they might put some specific code when you save, and ISO might not have the same code as UMD)

Izuna
Dec 27, 2009, 06:13 AM
The picture in my signature is a screenshot made by cwcheat and I haven't been banned.
I didn't try any memory editing though, despite the fact that I don't think simple edits will make a difference anyway.

JudgeChief
Dec 27, 2009, 09:21 AM
I think it's alittle unfair for Sony to block people using CFW from accessing the PSN. I run it on mine to play all kinds of cool homebrew. I'm sure there's more people that use CFW and still buy all their games. If there's a code in the box to access the online mode, why have any blocks? You can't access online without buying the game, so why not spread this to other games with online modes?

Alma
Dec 27, 2009, 10:33 AM
I think it's alittle unfair for Siny to block people using CFW from accessing the PSN. I run it on mine to play all kinds of cool homebrew. I'm sure there's more people that use CFW and still buy all their games. If there's a code in the box to access the online mode, why have any blocks? You can't access online without buying the game, so why not spread this to other games with online modes?

because not all the games need to have online mode?
...oh wait u talkin about Siny, not Sony >_<

Volcompat321
Dec 27, 2009, 11:24 AM
So, he uses her JP account and you are using the copy of the game he bought? ^^'

Hehe, sorry, I was tired.
I use her game, she uses her game/account to play online.
If you see a character name Rashi online, that's my friend, tell her hi :D.

Izuna
Dec 27, 2009, 06:48 PM
Will do! ^^'
Hoping to see you online as well.

D14BL0
Dec 27, 2009, 07:53 PM
Did you already try that? if not, it would be a lot of help if you can prove it in someway.
It will allow much easier way to take screen shot/ video of offline runs. (for now, nobody who play online takes screen shot/video in real runs, because we afraid to be in the situation that a good rare drop and we can't save)

we all think the same that, just save with CFW shouldn't have any problem, but still. ST is being serious for this game. So it is risky to try that. (eg. they might put some specific code when you save, and ISO might not have the same code as UMD)

No, I haven't had a chance to try it, I'm just using my best judgment on this, though. But I do know that CFW isn't going to change anything about your save files (exact same data in the exact same directories), so I don't think it should be any problem.

I think it's alittle unfair for Sony to block people using CFW from accessing the PSN. I run it on mine to play all kinds of cool homebrew. I'm sure there's more people that use CFW and still buy all their games. If there's a code in the box to access the online mode, why have any blocks? You can't access online without buying the game, so why not spread this to other games with online modes?

Sony blocks CFW users because most people pirate the games. Most people are like me, bought a PSP and a game to go with it, installed CFW, never bought another UMD since.

Also, even if the game requires a code from the UMD's case, CFW-users are STILL going to be banned because of the fact that the serial key can likely also be cracked. Keygens are not difficult to find/make for any game, and it's unlikely that PhSP2 has unique keys; they more than likely follow a particular algorithm as far as key generation, which is easier on the developers and easier on server maintenance.

So if somebody were to develop a keygen and patch GEN-D3 to access PSN, all CFW-users could be playing online. We just gotta wait for these things to happen. :)

Crevox
Dec 28, 2009, 04:29 PM
Can anyone upload the save data for the v1.01 update, and will this work on CFW?

Izuna
Dec 28, 2009, 04:53 PM
I can get ver 1.01 to work on CFW, but I have only tried to do it with the UMD.
I have tried to give the PBOOT to someone else but the update apparently didn't work. Your best bet is to download the patch on OFW then switch back.

D14BL0
Dec 28, 2009, 05:18 PM
I can get ver 1.01 to work on CFW, but I have only tried to do it with the UMD.
I have tried to give the PBOOT to someone else but the update apparently didn't work. Your best bet is to download the patch on OFW then switch back.

The file is probably given a unique key depending on your PSN account or PSP's serial or something, so giving somebody else your file is unlikely to work.

So yeah, you'll need to grab it from OFW and go back to CFW (which may end up destroying any authentication the file uses to verify that you're using OFW).

OR just wait for Team GEN to get an update rolling along.

Crevox
Dec 28, 2009, 07:11 PM
Well, if someone could upload it, I would be grateful... I'd rather not switch to OFW (flashing my PSP worries me and I'd rather do it as little as possible). I'd like to at least try to get it working, and even if I can't, it will be here for others to toy with.

Izuna
Dec 28, 2009, 07:27 PM
Well, if someone could upload it, I would be grateful... I'd rather not switch to OFW (flashing my PSP worries me and I'd rather do it as little as possible). I'd like to at least try to get it working, and even if I can't, it will be here for others to toy with.

The patch only really helps for online play anyway. That, and the Photon Boosters, which require the downloaded missions.

Crevox
Dec 28, 2009, 10:44 PM
The patch only really helps for online play anyway. That, and the Photon Boosters, which require the downloaded missions.

I still want it. :p

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 28, 2009, 11:38 PM

then blame the pirates, no matter how much (some) of them deny it, they are a problem for many companies, and because of them cfw users are blocked.

Enshroud
Dec 28, 2009, 11:50 PM
Well thanks to that PSP2 was the first UMD I've ever bought. :bday: