PDA

View Full Version : Old-------->New

Kemon
Feb 25, 2003, 11:40 AM
if you could take a old game from nes and put it in 3d on GC xbox or ps2 what would the game be?

i would say Exiteabike

Percival
Feb 25, 2003, 11:58 AM
Either Star Tropic (1 and 2) or Blaster Master (Both NES originally) Two of the best games I ever played.

rena-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 12:16 PM
u-four-ia - or maniac mansion ^_^

BlackRose
Feb 25, 2003, 12:29 PM
Uniracers!

Guntz348
Feb 25, 2003, 12:54 PM
Classic games should not, I repeat SHOULD NOT be put in 3d. Did anyone learn a lesson from Castlevania. The 2d sprite based ones are the best. Hell the GBA games even have better graphics gameplay and everything over the N64 and 3d castevania games.

I would wanna see a new 2d game of Kid Icarus, gotta love that little guy.

KodiaX987
Feb 25, 2003, 12:56 PM
From NES, I would definitely take Roadblaster. I can't help but LOVE car combat games!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Brundidge
Feb 25, 2003, 01:02 PM
From the Genesis I want to see Gunstar Heroes.
From my ol' NES probably a Gyromite with a twist (LOL I was thinking about the game the other day).

Phobos-X
Feb 25, 2003, 01:55 PM
battletoads or double dragon

RavenTW
Feb 25, 2003, 03:12 PM
Phantasy Star 4, put in 2d with better animations.

Ayame
Feb 25, 2003, 03:20 PM
Karnov...Kickle Cubicle...or Exodus.

I'm not sure too many of you have heard of this games, but Kickle Cubicle was an old puzzle game where you kicked around ice blocks and other objects into the sea water and created paths to get to the goal. In later levels, it became really difficult to pass the levels -- it was alot of fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Exodus was an old bible based game. Although there aren't too many of those now, that are very decent, Exodus was too a puzzle game like Kickle Cubicle, and after reaching a certain quota in each level the exit opened up and you'd have to get there. Another great game...dunno how it would work in 3D, though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

As for Karnov...I dunno how to Explain it -- it was a side-scroller!

The only games I'd have to say would be other than above would be Ninja Gaiden, Metroid and Rygar. But sequels in 3D (Prequels, if you will) have already been made...so no need to mention them!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nidarrock
Feb 25, 2003, 03:46 PM
I like to see 2D games stay in 2D. Use 3D as a tool(ex: Contra: Shattered Soldier). Metroid Prime definatly proved me wrong, but that is a classic example of it done RIGHT. As for games to see remade? I would still think a MegaMan (X prefered)game with a Castlevania: SotN/ Super Metroid feeling would be very interesing. I really can't think of any other NES/Master System games I would like to see remade. Mega Man, Metroid and Contra were my favorites and Space Harrier is just fine on my 32X.

I remember Karnov.

Wait I got one! Thunder Blade! I like the arcade better, but it was released on the Master System. Make it play similar to GTA: VC with The Hunter(with better controls) and more weapons. I'm looking for a real good chopper game.

pixelate
Feb 25, 2003, 04:07 PM
On 2003-02-25 09:29, BlackRose wrote:
Uniracers!

You know how to make me happy, dude. Big DITTO!

Atari
Feb 25, 2003, 04:25 PM
bah what made gunstar heroes good was that it was a good platformer, putting it in 3d would simply ruin the game, the gameplap would be horrible, the weapons would work the same, the boss figts wouldnt be the same, end of story
id like to see a 2d remake though

ocarina of time is a 2d-3d transformation done right

i would kinda like to see super mario bros 3 3d, i would liek to see a TMNT game go 3d

Axispoint
Feb 25, 2003, 04:42 PM
Bayou Billy. Always loved that game. Tho if the console it's put on does not have a lightgun, nope, don't think so. I hated playing that game with the controller http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

PentUpAnger
Feb 25, 2003, 04:55 PM
On 2003-02-25 08:58, Percival wrote:
Either Star Tropic (1 and 2) or Blaster Master (Both NES originally) Two of the best games I ever played.

Didnt you know that they made a Blaster Master for the PSX, and it was released about a year or so ago..

It came out as one of those $9 games.. and I had to order it from ebgames.com because I couldnt find it anywhere else...

PentUpAnger
Feb 25, 2003, 04:56 PM
On 2003-02-25 08:40, Kemon wrote:
if you could take a old game from nes and put it in 3d on GC xbox or ps2 what would the game be?

i would say Exiteabike

Excitebike 64 for the Nintendo 64 was pretty good, plus it had the old Excitebike in there too.

PentUpAnger
Feb 25, 2003, 05:04 PM
Hmm...

Adventures of Lolo
Faxandu (my FAVORITE game pre-PSX)
River City Ransom
Goonies II

The other ones I was going to list have already been listed or have been converted already. I am sure I forgot many, many great games.

Regarding Castlevania... read my thread on this board.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42610&forum=9&1

Kemon
Feb 25, 2003, 05:07 PM
On 2003-02-25 09:54, Guntz348 wrote:
Classic games should not, I repeat SHOULD NOT be put in 3d. Did anyone learn a lesson from Castlevania. The 2d sprite based ones are the best. Hell the GBA games even have better graphics gameplay and everything over the N64 and 3d castevania games.

I would wanna see a new 2d game of Kid Icarus, gotta love that little guy.

its only because they sucked at making it!

Deathscythealpha
Feb 25, 2003, 05:15 PM
Quantum Warrior, funky old platform game that i really liked the music on. It got really tough in the end, but thats what Game Genies were made for ( i was 10 when i last played it, so i might do better now, i wish i had my nes still).

There was also this point and click puzzler called Shadowgate, which i really wish i knew how to complete. Maybe i should try and track down the GBC version that came out a few years back.

There was also this Streets of Rage/Double Dragon game i used t like, but i cant remember the name. I remember that you had to fight the last boss on a helcopter, and you messed up the level if you didnt jump onto the helicopter a the right time. It was a cool game.

Kemon
Feb 25, 2003, 05:21 PM
On 2003-02-25 14:15, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Quantum Warrior, funky old platform game that i really liked the music on. It got really tough in the end, but thats what Game Genies were made for ( i was 10 when i last played it, so i might do better now, i wish i had my nes still).

There was also this point and click puzzler called Shadowgate, which i really wish i knew how to complete. Maybe i should try and track down the GBC version that came out a few years back.

There was also this Streets of Rage/Double Dragon game i used t like, but i cant remember the name. I remember that you had to fight the last boss on a helcopter, and you messed up the level if you didnt jump onto the helicopter a the right time. It was a cool game.

i seen shadowgate at trade-a-game

PentUpAnger
Feb 25, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-02-25 14:15, Deathscythealpha wrote:

Shadowgate 64 for the N64... semi-rare. It was pretty cool. A lot harder than the NES version.

Legolas07
Feb 25, 2003, 05:25 PM
Chrono Trigger! (Chrono Cross is there.... but I want a remade origional)

Deathscythealpha
Feb 25, 2003, 05:33 PM
On 2003-02-25 14:22, PentUpAnger wrote:

Shadowgate 64 for the N64... semi-rare. It was pretty cool. A lot harder than the NES version.

Wow, i never realised they made an N64 version, to bad its semi rare though...

Cloud_01
Feb 25, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-02-25 10:55, Phobos-X wrote:

Battletoads was an awesome game.

I could never get past that part were you were on that hovering snomobile thing and you had to jump ramps and stuff.

Auracom
Feb 25, 2003, 07:07 PM
Ya that castle vania one was really shitty. I'd like them to do it again, but better. I wouldn't mind seeing a ninja turtles game in 3D. Ninja Turtles 4 to be exact, that was a sweet game.

Oh ya and contra for the ps2 is one of the toughest games i've ever played...at first.(Ultimate mode is pretty tough when your a low level)

Ness
Feb 25, 2003, 08:16 PM
Earthbound.

Even thought most old games that are put in 3d fromat end up sucking.

Mazarin
Feb 25, 2003, 08:31 PM
Rad Racer.

geewj
Feb 25, 2003, 08:46 PM
A boy and his Blob. weeee

X-thirteen
Feb 25, 2003, 10:17 PM

i would say Exiteabike

they already made excitebike 3d.

Para
Feb 25, 2003, 11:10 PM
On 2003-02-25 13:25, Atari wrote:
i would kinda like to see super mario bros 3 3d
i would like to see that too XD!
i wuved that hammer suit! kills bowser in three well placed shots

Nidarrock
Feb 26, 2003, 11:03 AM
On 2003-02-25 10:55, Phobos-X wrote:

Both of those games were great!! Have you ever played or seen the Battletoads arcade game??? I saw it once, but it was too packed and I never got a chance to play. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Batteltoads(NES) was one of the hardest games I've played, still is. I think I managed to beat it, but I used a few "tricks"(extra lives, warps & use your 2nd player for even more lives!)

Murako
Feb 26, 2003, 01:12 PM
Kirby's Star Stacker for GB. Not 3D per se, but inproved visuals and more of those cool screenshcots of Kirby doing cool things with the animals he befriends. This game is like Tetris Attack, but better. Better the Pokemon Puzzle League, even. Stupid iron blocks.

Murako
Feb 26, 2003, 01:13 PM
Kirby's Star Stacker for GB. Not 3D per se, but inproved visuals and more of those cool screenshcots of Kirby doing cool things with the animals he befriends. This game is like Tetris Attack, but better. Better the Pokemon Puzzle League, even. Stupid iron blocks.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 26, 2003, 02:17 PM
None actually. I'm kinda sick of any remakes.

I'm glad when companies take exsisting characters, licenses, etc. and make completely new games like Rygar.

Phobos-X
Feb 26, 2003, 03:34 PM
Faxandu (my FAVORITE game pre-PSX)
River City Ransom

holy shit Faxandu! i remember that game! the details were sketchy but i remember it. River City Ransom was tight too.

and to Nidarrock, na i never beat battletoads, i have to say that the NES games took months to beat back in the day, nowadays you can beat a game in a week...or a few days if you have no life.

heh anyone remember this game:

Astyanax? lol

edit: spelling sucks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phobos-X on 2003-02-26 12:38 ]</font>

Whatley
Feb 26, 2003, 05:00 PM
I think that the old games should stay just the way they are. They are still fun to play even if they aren't 3d or have the coolest graphics and sounds.

But for some reason I wouldn't mind seeing Kung Fu(NES) and Ledgend of Kage(NES)get some better graphics but stay 2d.

Kemon
Feb 26, 2003, 05:08 PM
On 2003-02-25 19:17, X-thirteen wrote:

i would say Exiteabike

they already made excitebike 3d.

iv never seen it!

Dangerous55
Feb 26, 2003, 05:19 PM
Battlemaster. Or Custar's Revenge.

GandorDurin
Feb 26, 2003, 05:37 PM
I beat Battletoads for NES without any cheating/tricks/warps/whatever.

I was so addicted to that game, I still play it now and then!

I LOVE the 10th and 11th stages the best...Rat Race and the one where the electric hypo sphere chases you while you ride a special one wheel bike that can cling to walls and ceilings...So difficult but so awesome.

The Rat Race's music always made me sweat and get all nervous, lol. I do NOT want a 3-d version of it, just an exact copy of it in better graphics and enhanced (but again the same) music/sound.

I used to beat Blaster Master five times a day because I just loved the music in that game, and when I was little I just couldn't beat the level five crab boss (now I know the trick, just gotta have a fully upgraded gun and it cant even hit you heh.) Level 7's music is on my song list, whee.

Again, that's another game I'd want an exact remake of, just enhanced graphics and sound/music.

GandorDurin
Feb 26, 2003, 05:39 PM
Oh duh, I just thought of another game that I'd love to see a remake of (actual 3-d LOOKING remake), Zanac!

That was one of the most original and EXTREMELY difficult shooters.

And of course, I loved the music. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Marwin
Feb 26, 2003, 05:43 PM
If anything, i think Elevator Action would be pretty funny

BlackRose
Feb 26, 2003, 05:59 PM
Some more ideas...

Stunts (http://www.gamenavigator.ru/games/chtivo/text462.html) (Borderbund game for PC) should be remade on Xbox, because I still play it. Any game that can hold my attention for more than 10 years is worth a remake.

Iron Helix (http://www.mobygames.com/game/covers/gameCoverId,4675/gameId,679/) (Spectrum Holobyte game for PC) Interactive movie-type freakout game (at least it freaked the hell out of me when I was 7 or 8...)

...I swear I had more than 2... =

[edit] 7 or http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif !? No! *inserts ellipsis*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2003-02-26 15:01 ]</font>

Larian
Feb 27, 2003, 10:06 AM
PRINCESS TOMATO AND THE SALAD KINGDOM!!!!!

Thank You!

Abaddon
Feb 28, 2003, 08:42 AM
On 2003-02-26 11:17, TerribleDeliMeat wrote:
None actually. I'm kinda sick of any remakes.

I'm glad when companies take exsisting characters, licenses, etc. and make completely new games like Rygar.

Rygar is OLD AS! That came out on atari lynx and i played it to death