PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 Complete Item List w/ 90% translation(spoilers)

Ludamec
Dec 1, 2009, 11:42 PM
Not quite sure why this has not been posted yet(hope I'm not violating ToS), butttttt Uber espio (your new name from now on!) got ahold of a item name dump of the upcoming Phantasy star Portable 2. Not only that, but he has taken the time to translate roughly 90% of the list into the english!

Do you realize what this means for all of us importers? A hell of an easy time navigating and organizing our characters!

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=809

It is now as simple as matching the katakana in-game with the list. He even went a step further and separated all weapons by manufacturer. From my understanding all the weapons in bold are new additions to the series. Thanks again Espio!

Now all we need is a list of the Photon arts and Type abilities and we'll be set!

EspioKaos
Dec 2, 2009, 12:20 AM
I was meaning to get around to posting this, but that was during the time when PSOW was going through some server issues, so by the time everything got sorted out, it'd slipped my mind. :lol: Anyway, I've finished off the last bit of translating in the post. There were just a few Kubara sections of existing weapons that I hadn't take care of. (And credit also goes to Mewn for his help with translating some of the weapons.)

Allison_W
Dec 2, 2009, 02:52 AM
I don't see any clothing lists. Did I overlook them, or have they not been released yet?

Tyreek
Dec 2, 2009, 04:23 AM
I was hoping that a certain PSO "shield" would be a shield in this game... Oh well. It's enough delicious candy to make me play.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 2, 2009, 05:55 AM
PIZZA SLICERS.

FUCK YEAR.

reddragon_756
Dec 2, 2009, 06:18 AM
Well first off thank you Ludamec for posting this and thank you Espio for making it. Also BOOMA CLAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol I never played PSO but it looked really fun and had some interesting weapons lol. These weapons sound appealing but we'll have to wait a few days to see. Oh yea also forgot to mention but looking at the pics somebody posted on there of the hacked demo there's an outfit that looks like Dante's outfit from Devil May Cry 3. This game is definately please me :P.

Tyreek
Dec 2, 2009, 07:04 AM
That's Archer's outfit fom Fate/Stay Night.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 2, 2009, 07:46 AM
Oh man, who would read this. ¬_¬
To each his own but seriously...

Tyreek
Dec 2, 2009, 07:51 AM
I just wanted to verify my assumption lol. Now I can play without being dissapointed about a certain weapon not being there..

Adriano
Dec 2, 2009, 08:04 AM
I can't wait to see Cubo Lath Libra.
The new names sound awesome.
Hopefully it makes up for that mistake of a weapon, Cubo Simba.

Chimeria
Dec 2, 2009, 09:13 AM
There aren't many new items...Although I am excited about the additional Kubara weapons. The Chronos Kiss sounds like it's gonna be a cool weapon. I'm just waiting on the new clothing item list. I HOPE they've added more clothing because the ones from the previous game get old very quick...

GeoSword
Dec 2, 2009, 09:58 AM
I just wanted to verify my assumption lol. Now I can play without being dissapointed about a certain weapon not being there..

Same here. I was wondering mostly about Swords. I see a few new ones like Zanba, Lightning Espada and Dilan Slayer and Dragon Slayer. I guess there's gonna be some difference between the two. I was really hoping for Milius Breaker. But these new Kubara Article sets will do. Really looking forward to Excalibur and Soul Phoenix.

As far as clothing, I'd like to see a Finjer CAST part outfit. It would compliment the "surfboard" SUV unit.

r00tabaga
Dec 2, 2009, 10:36 AM
No Musashi's or Yamato's!?!?! I has sad : ( ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

Tyreek
Dec 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm dissapointed that Yata Mirror is not even in the game, yet Kusanagi is. But I can manage.

Lucky 777
Dec 2, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm very pleased by this list and seeing The Talis (My fave PSO weapon) in the game makes me squee with joy. Also I am very interested in what the new whips,wands,and cards actually look like also i see more sword whips which is great because Albino is kinda weak.
Also Sigh of A God as a SLICER!!! WTF?

Anon_Fire
Dec 2, 2009, 10:56 AM
In case you guys may have forgotten, I'm making a list with the Melee Photon Arts that might appear in PSP2

here it is:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171382

Lucky 777
Dec 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
Did anyone Notice The FROZEN SHOOTER is back!!!

Amherst_Wind
Dec 2, 2009, 11:27 AM
Did anyone Notice The FROZEN SHOOTER is back!!!

Really? wow! Its like Sega granted my wish, in fact now would be a good time to have a look at this old thread... http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169699 and see who else got their wish granted. :)

Arika
Dec 2, 2009, 11:59 AM
Heh, Amherst, you shouldn't be in this thread or you will keep getting spoiler a bit by a bit from people comments :p
(now you already know the existence of frozen rifle )

I m interest on the tickets items. so that come with 2 theory :

1. get XXX tickets, so that you can play XXX mission.
2. play XXX mission which is urgent mission, and recieve XXX tickets to exchange for items.

XXX = event sponsor.

Neith
Dec 2, 2009, 12:00 PM
Frozen Shooter is always a weapon I'll have bad memories of. It was too much of a 'win button' in PSO- here's hoping it's toned down.

Two Kamui = <3 There actually looks like plenty to keep me busy, which is great.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 2, 2009, 12:12 PM
Heh, Amherst, you shouldn't be in this thread or you will keep getting spoiler a bit by a bit from people comments :p
(now you already know the existence of frozen rifle )

XD I know... I know.

One or two things is ok ;)
I just don't wanna see the whole list in a row, kills the magic. :P

Also, I'm guessing Frozen Shooter will most likely be a Rifle with a very high level Freeze, unless they do want to make it as broken as PSO heh.

Lucky 777
Dec 2, 2009, 12:23 PM
After seeing this list all I have to say is YESS!!,YESS!! Whoever compiled this list has practically won the internet!

KusanagiShiro
Dec 2, 2009, 04:49 PM
Nice! I can see references to Famitsu, Dengeki, Connect!On, Jump (possibly Shonen Jump, but unsure), V-Jump and Gemaga magazines in there. You should try importing Famitsu sometime; real nice magazine.

Another reference point: Yuko Shimizu, Nene Matsuoka, Nana Seino, Aya Takigawa and Rin Aoi are all gravure idols.

BioWarrior
Dec 2, 2009, 05:27 PM
Wait a second.... Isn't the double saber Jinrai..... Partisan of Lightning? If it is holy crap I loved that weapon in pso. I should see if my save for GC PSO is still alive and check it. Pretty sure jinrai was it's jpn name but I may be wrong. Effing thing was in kanji on pso and my jpn friends told me how to spell it but it's been a while.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 2, 2009, 05:39 PM
Wait a second.... Isn't the double saber Jinrai..... Partisan of Lightning? If it is holy crap I loved that weapon in pso. I should see if my save for GC PSO is still alive and check it. Pretty sure jinrai was it's jpn name but I may be wrong. Effing thing was in kanji on pso and my jpn friends told me how to spell it but it's been a while.

Holy crap it is...
Partisan of GOD DAMN Lightning FTW!
This is the best news I, as a Double Saber fan, could possibly hear.

BioWarrior
Dec 2, 2009, 06:07 PM
Holy crap it is...
Partisan of GOD DAMN Lightning FTW!
This is the best news I, as a Double Saber fan, could possibly hear.

Indeed, I used it all the time in PSO, had one at 25/0/45/85(used a photon sphere on it)
I am now going to main a Hunter and find this weapon, BEST DOUBLE SABER EVAR.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 2, 2009, 06:40 PM
Give me my Yasminkov 9000 and Zanba RIGHT NOW.

KusanagiShiro
Dec 2, 2009, 06:43 PM
You'll probably find me wielding the Lance of Longinus myself. Now all I need is a Unit 01 plugsuit.

Anon_Fire
Dec 2, 2009, 10:19 PM
Is there a :light: and :dark: Mirage Blast?

BioWarrior
Dec 2, 2009, 10:24 PM

I'm not too good at kanji but it looks like there's 3 for each element for a total of 18 mirage blasts

Allison_W
Dec 2, 2009, 10:45 PM

I would guess those would be the (bolded) Sacred Hope, Sacred Splendor, and Sacred Visit for light, and the (again bolded) Embrace of Darkness, Embrace of Night, and Evil Embrace for dark.

I'm still wondering if the light and dark blasts aren't transformational like beast shapeshifting as opposed to straight-up nukes a la SUVs. Probably not.

Anon_Fire
Dec 2, 2009, 11:01 PM
So... Like this?

:fire: Mirage Blasts
Roar of Flames
Burning Roar
Roar of Inferno

:ice: Mirage Blasts
Ice Storm
Freezing Storm
Glistening Storm

:lightning: Mirage Blasts
Thunder Flash
Lightning Flash
Booming Flash

:ground: Mirage Blasts
Pebble Crash
Mud Crash
Gaia Crash

:light: Mirage Blasts
Sacred Hope
Sacred Splendor
Sacred Visit

:dark: Mirage Blasts
Embrace of Darkness
Embrace of Night
Evil Embrace

Allison_W
Dec 2, 2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, exactly.

Also, I want this new Laia's Axe thing, because Laia is awesome. I'm kind of glad they chose an axe for her legacy weapon over twin claws or a spear, if only because an axe seems somehow appropriate for her angry personality.

I'll laugh if it has paired symmetrical heads, though. (In the good way, not in the mocking way.)

Adriano
Dec 2, 2009, 11:54 PM
You know, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because I'mnot probably am.

After the 3 years of people complaining Newmans and humans don't have their own SUV/Nanoblast type thing, you would think if they were going to do it at all, they would give each race their own ability.

But yeah, either way, I should probably wait to see how this thing actually plays in game, seeing how I have no clue the kind of damage it does.

KusanagiShiro
Dec 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
Yes, exactly.

Also, I want this new Laia's Axe thing, because Laia is awesome. I'm kind of glad they chose an axe for her legacy weapon over twin claws or a spear, if only because an axe seems somehow appropriate for her angry personality.

I'll laugh if it has paired symmetrical heads, though. (In the good way, not in the mocking way.)

Laia? From Phantasy Star III?

Allison_W
Dec 3, 2009, 05:52 PM
Laia? From Phantasy Star III?

No. Laia from Phantasy Star Universe. You know. Laia Martinez.