PDA

View Full Version : Questions before I go buy it!

Runehades
Dec 2, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hello, I'm a huge fan of the old Dreamcast and GCN PSO games. I also played a bit of PSU on PC and 360 but didn't enjoy it as much as PSO. PS Portable was more entertaining for me heh heh.

Anyway I've been anticipating this game since late last year and I'm going to buy it later this afternoon but I had a few questions. I understand you input some player info in order to join a party so I assume this isn't like PSO or PSU where you can see people in a lobby correct?

Another question is do you need a DSi to play online or can the DS and DS Lite work online as well? I have a DSi but my son has a DS lite and I want to get him a copy as well if he's able to play online as well.

Clubbin
Dec 2, 2009, 10:55 AM
There are a set of options that you check or uncheck when searching for a game and you are correct to assume there is no lobby you can see other players in. The options allow you to check which difficulties you want to play on and which maps you prefer and from there it attempts to find a game that meets your selected options.

Creating a game or joining up with people from your friends list is a little better since you know what lvls you will be playing with (or at least have an idea). You are already a member of the community and we have a huge F/C thread. :)

As for the DS Lite, that is what I use to play online so I can say it does work. Only problem is, if you play from behind a WPA you will have to change the options in order to play online and then change it back... That or you can look for the USB WiFi thing (sorry don't know the name) and use that to get around the WPA

Zilchrion
Dec 2, 2009, 10:59 AM
you can play on a DSi and Lite! Also there are no lobbies this time a round. You exchange friend codes like in most Wii games, such as SSBB. Then one of you hosts a game, the other sees you online and joins in. Its no lobby but works out for a handheld

Runehades
Dec 2, 2009, 11:08 AM
Ohh wow sounds awesome! Going to get two copies then since my son has been bored after I cancelled WoW heh heh. My friend still has her original bulky DS, any clue if that's any different than the DS lite? I might get her an early Xmas present if it works :D

Aziel
Dec 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
All three DSes still work, even DSfat.
Honestly, DSfat works just as well as the other two in terms of playing games (Potentially better to some because the Dpad can hit diagonals a bit easier).

Runehades
Dec 2, 2009, 12:20 PM
That is great news!! I might end up buying three is my friend decides she wants to join in :O

Hucast-Kireek
Dec 2, 2009, 04:30 PM
This game is a masterpiece, just beat it yesterday...boy it is a worthy successor to pso in every way and more. BUY it NOW!

sylwyn
Dec 2, 2009, 04:36 PM
Just one thing, before you leave drops there to help weaker players, STOP. Drops are instanced so everything gets their own drops from the chest and the other players can not see your drops. So no more "stealing" rare drops that are left on the ground~ :-D

TaciturnBadger
Dec 2, 2009, 04:37 PM
I have only one, seriously major complaint about this game.

After almost four years of hard-core PSO playing.. and five years of off-and-on playing to kick the habit.. *minor twitches and slight drool*

I bought PSZ, and now I'm back to spending every blinking moment of free time on Phantasy Star!! And now it's sprung a PSO relapse.. sigh.. five more years of Phantasy Star.. why, Sega? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(P.S. Thank you!)

sylwyn
Dec 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
Sega: All your time belongs us?

Clubbin
Dec 2, 2009, 08:24 PM
That is great news!! I might end up buying three is my friend decides she wants to join in :O

Look forward to seeing you online! I wish you the best of luck hunting down a copy or 3 of PSZ. I spent 6 1/2 hours looking for 3 copies of it myself on US launch... Yeah, it was worth it. ^^

Zilchrion
Dec 2, 2009, 10:38 PM
Look forward to seeing you online! I wish you the best of luck hunting down a copy or 3 of PSZ. I spent 6 1/2 hours looking for 3 copies of it myself on US launch... Yeah, it was worth it. ^^

Yeah ive been hearing gamestops and best buys been only carrying one copy per store. Ordered mine online so i didnt run into this problem. The game is rather rare for being new