PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea on what to do with this item.

_Zero_
Feb 25, 2003, 04:42 PM
I found an item call parasitic "gene" flow or something like that. What on earth am I supposed to do with this?

TeamPhalanx
Feb 25, 2003, 04:47 PM
Sell it for 10 meseta and be proud of the fact you rid the world of one more duped item.

As an alternative, look at the guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302) here.

Guntz348
Feb 25, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-02-25 13:42, _Zero_ wrote:
I found an item call parasitic "gene" flow or something like that. What on earth am I supposed to do with this?

Where did you find it? Be nice Phal, he may have actually found it while playing the game you know. Not likely I'll give you that since the rarity of it, but none the less be nice! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Zero_
Feb 25, 2003, 04:49 PM
Really monsters drop duped items??? I hope this is online only.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 25, 2003, 04:55 PM
Okay, humor us.

Where did you find this item?

_Zero_
Feb 25, 2003, 04:55 PM
I found it after beating Olga on a team I was playing with two nights ago. Actually it was my first time to ever fight olga and I guess I got lucky. I was thinking that this was some crappy rare that I could not use for my class like all the "magic rock moola's" that I find.

_Zero_
Feb 25, 2003, 05:01 PM
Why in the hell are you bein so rude Phalanx? I swear I have been running into rude-asses like you online a lot lately. People like you really ruin the the experience of the game. You know I may be at level 120 and still kind of new to items in the game considering I never find any so when I do find something I have never seen before I do tend to get excited. Then people like you talk down on me like I am an idiot.

TenguMan007
Feb 25, 2003, 05:03 PM
Phalanx is a legit preacher. It could be legit. If it is congrats, if its not shame on you.

_Zero_
Feb 25, 2003, 05:13 PM
Well I feel sorry for whoever plays on his/her team. I found a red handgun today off a Pal Rappy! I am scared to use it though outta fear now that people like Phalanax will condemn me for using one.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 25, 2003, 05:16 PM
It doesn't sound like you're aware of the situation, so here's what's going on.

The gene is probably the only unverified item find in the game. We're basically talking about an item that no one can say for sure where it can be found.

There have been several rumors concerning the item. Most are lies of the "My friend told me..." variety.

If you take every valid source into account, Olga Flow has been killed over a thoudsand times, and not a single drop, of any item, has been reported. Now, consider that every enemy that drops a rare also drops a non-rare.

If you take all that into account, any reported find of the DNA deserves to be viewed at least with some askance.

_Zero_
Feb 25, 2003, 05:29 PM
Well first of all I am as legit as they come. I never trade because I NEVER find anything worth trading. And Olga IS where I found this. I went for the red box and that's what it was. So this item is really rare? I can't believe it I actually found a super rare item??? This never happens to me.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 25, 2003, 05:42 PM
The word rare fails to describe exactly how uncommon the item is. It's an item that I classify as one that you just do not go hunting for, and I probably rank among the most stubborn treasure hunters around.

Questions:

1) What weapons were everybody using?

2) Who were the other members of the team?

3) Where were you the moment Olga died?

dj_dan
Feb 25, 2003, 05:44 PM
_Zero_ , you won't find much support here.

Everyone will be skeptical about your claim, myself included. However I'm not so quick to condemn.

Can you provide some specifics for everyone here?

What ID was the game,

Where did the item spawn? In the centre of the map, or where the Sword landed... or perhaps somewhere completely different?

was Olga defeated with a RED weapon,

was Olga defeated with a RED weapon during his soul steal (where he turns transluscent orange),

and finally was Olga defeated with a RED weapon during his soul steal (where he turns transluscent orange), and did the deathblow come from the character who was turned into Flowen?

Any other details you can provide will be helpful.

*Note: If Olga is killed or has RED weapons used on him, when he dies, all characters will have some blue light surround them when they receive experience.

You should be able to answer at least some of these, as you claim to have found this item recently.

Raist
Feb 25, 2003, 07:16 PM
With how many posts that are made about the gene and the dark weapons, its hard to believe you didn't hear about this allready...then again, people still ask about the photon sphere. I find it more likely that someone on your team dropped it for whatever reason. Color me skeptical.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-25 16:17 ]</font>

Davion
Feb 25, 2003, 07:37 PM
On 2003-02-25 16:16, Raist wrote:
...I find it more likely that someone on your team dropped it for whatever reason. Color me skeptical.

2003-02-25 16:17 ]</font>

That could of happened.

Taaj38
Feb 25, 2003, 09:05 PM
Someone on your team probally dropped it just to get sh*t like this stirred up.

Zack_Morris
Feb 25, 2003, 11:28 PM
On 2003-02-25 18:05, Taaj38 wrote:
Someone on your team probally dropped it just to get sh*t like this stirred up.

Exactly!

Chronoslash
Feb 26, 2003, 10:30 AM
On 2003-02-25 16:16, Raist wrote:
With how many posts that are made about the gene and the dark weapons, its hard to believe you didn't hear about this allready...then again, people still ask about the photon sphere. I find it more likely that someone on your team dropped it for whatever reason. Color me skeptical.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-25 16:17 ]</font>

Yeah, from what I've heard about it that makes more sense to me too...

_Zero_
Feb 26, 2003, 06:08 PM
First of all this was my first time to fight Olga and I spent most of my time trying to stay alive during his second form. Yes I was using a red handgun cuz it's the best weapon I have. As for section ID I have no idea cuz I did not create the game, it was a game I joined. I can't tell by the tekker as someone pointed out to me before because I don't know what all the tekkers for all the id's look like. As for where I was when I got it... I just saw a red box and went for it. You are prob right someone prob did drop it, I honestly don't know. All I was asking in this forum is what to do with the item because this sight is laid out really bad and it's hard to find what you want. I get jumped all over for asking this question, well I will make sure not to ask about a rare ever again.

BTW- Phalanx what is the name of the characters that you play with online?

Yume
Feb 26, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-02-26 15:08, _Zero_ wrote:
First of all this was my first time to fight Olga and I spent most of my time trying to stay alive during his second form. Yes I was using a red handgun cuz it's the best weapon I have.

Wait wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not say that you found the Red Handgun after you fought Olga and got this ohso rare item?

Hrm.

_Zero_
Feb 26, 2003, 06:27 PM
Didn't you read the post's ahead of this? That's ALL I seem to find are red handguns. I am just happy to be finding an ok rare. Nobody seems to want them though.

Yume
Feb 26, 2003, 06:35 PM
On 2003-02-26 15:27, _Zero_ wrote:
Didn't you read the post's ahead of this? That's ALL I seem to find are red handguns. I am just happy to be finding an ok rare. Nobody seems to want them though.

Ah, whoops. My bad, then.

Ryu_4
Feb 26, 2003, 08:28 PM
i want a red handgun lolz the only red wep ive found is red partisan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif which is my favorite but i would like other ones and as for the gene well i hope you really did find it cuz no one else seems to have been able to find it but just think...if theres dupes then there HAS to be an original! you cant just say "let there be the gene" and it pops up someone had to find it somehow so maybe he did find it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i am legit and i know what you mean but unlike you i do find rares lol hmmm probably best ive found is maybe partisan of lightning/imperial pick (first one ive ever seen used on gamecube was mine lol)/or demolition comet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif maybe me and you can hook up sometime and play online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but if you want to play my hl expires march 11 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif laterz pplz

TeamPhalanx
Feb 26, 2003, 08:37 PM
On 2003-02-26 15:08, _Zero_ wrote:
BTW- Phalanx what is the name of the characters that you play with online?

Um... Phalanx.

Mystil
Feb 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
I'm going to answer your beginning question. The Parasitic Gene Flow is a synthesis item. Keep this item. Save it. IT is used to on certain weapons to change them into the Dark Flow. Any 'type' of item you find in a red box, put it in your bank and continue to collect more as you find them.

Uhm...I doubt there is known way to get this item though. I mean, all I can find is Photon Drops. And those come in boxes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-02-27 08:31 ]</font>