PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Black Nanoblast

BioWarrior
Dec 6, 2009, 01:20 AM
Has anyone found out the requirements for triggering the black nanoblast? I know Silver or Gold is required to use it. Tried transforming at near death since the pictures sega showed of it had critical hp but no dice.

Allison_W
Dec 6, 2009, 01:30 AM
Speaking of gold and silver forms, do they use a different shape or attack animations from the old red/blue/purple/yellow forms? I ask because the female beast shape forms and anims are abominable.

THOTH
Dec 6, 2009, 01:33 AM
What are the new nano blasts about any way? What kind of attacks do they do?

I'm hoping for a TP based nanoblast for a FObeast

BioWarrior
Dec 6, 2009, 01:56 AM
Silver is increased movement speed and attack speeds. Female version has really wide attacks (EASILY hits multiple monsters) and a 5hit combo. Gold has narrow punches and kicks and is pretty much Red v2. Gold triangle attack has a long but POWERFUL charged attack. Gold does 2x more damage on a normal hit than silver but silver gets more hits but they have nice variety.

Allison_W
Dec 6, 2009, 02:07 AM
Sounds like gold and silver pretty much blow the regular female nanos away. Good.

THOTH
Dec 6, 2009, 02:28 AM
Great, so much for using nano blasts on my FObeast then...urg.

redroses
Dec 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
Do the new Nanoblasts have different looks for male and female?

BioWarrior
Dec 6, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yes they do. But they're very similar regardless.

Hucast-Kireek
Dec 6, 2009, 03:57 PM
Talk about the Black hound.

Cant wait to see those new forms in action.

BioWarrior
Dec 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
I JUST did a black transformation. I was in gold form and killed atleast 15 monsters. Nanoblast runs out and a second transformation occured refilling my blast gauge and I was in black form. Sadly all the monsters were dead so I couldn't test it's power

*edit* just got it again. It's got double the strength of gold beast and the wide attacks of silver. It seems to trigger when you get so many kills.

landman
Dec 7, 2009, 05:50 AM
So, you can' transform directly into a black one just like... someone does? :wacko:

Akaimizu
Dec 7, 2009, 09:45 AM
Nice. I think I'll give Mufonna a Silver one, this time. But funny enough, I was good with the regular female beast combat moves, just hated the walking animation.

TUSCAN
Dec 9, 2009, 04:20 PM
The black nanoblast is triggered by damage dealt. I've gotten it by sitting beside a buffed dru gora and smashing away the whole time without killing anything else. I've done this a few times with the gold beast, I'm not sure about the silver beast.

I also think there may be a kind of berserk mode at the end of the black beast if you damage enough because I'm sure I morphed a third time after the black beast wore out. I've been in situations where the black beast PA one hit K.O.'d my teammates, and it's also happened to me where I was knocked out.

I'm not sure if team kill is part of the regular black beast PA, or if it is a berserk mode PA, but the black beast is pretty damn cool, that's for sure.

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2009, 04:26 PM
Wow. Sounds dangerous. Like an experimental mode. Hopefully, this doesn't become a mean exploit. (Hate to see someone hack that attribute to do PKs in PvE).

WT_Kail
Dec 9, 2009, 06:02 PM
Ok, so I'm not the only one! I swore to high heaven that the black nanoblast killed me and everyone thought I was crazy. At least others have experienced this!

Arika
Dec 11, 2009, 11:04 PM
So, you can' transform directly into a black one just like... someone does? :wacko:

He turn into black beast because he was so angry and so wanted to protect Emilia at that time. If you invite him as NPC, he will always use only gold beast form.

black beast is emotional trigger... kill..kill..kill. omg this is fun... *turn into a real beast kill everybody in party*

BioWarrior
Dec 12, 2009, 12:08 AM
Ok, so I'm not the only one! I swore to high heaven that the black nanoblast killed me and everyone thought I was crazy. At least others have experienced this!

I swear I thought it was the monster at first! D:

*edit* normal attacks kill too... Took out mike on accident while avoiding using triangle.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 13, 2009, 12:03 AM
Waiiiiiiiit a fucking second. The black nanoblast does FRIENDLY FIRE damage?

BioWarrior
Dec 13, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah... LOTS of it. I think every Normal attack that I accidently hit mike with took off half his HP. But I was also atleast 10 levels higher. My gold beast does around 200-300 normal on monsters. My black was doing 800-1000 with normal hits lol didn't even get a chance to chain it then do a triangle attack.

Zarode
Dec 13, 2009, 11:35 AM
Kicking all beasts.

BioWarrior
Dec 13, 2009, 12:43 PM
That's a bit extreme for something that has a very slim chance of happening. If you don't want a black beast to kill you don't get near it if the person using it doesn't understand it does friendly damage. Even if you TRY to get black beast it's incredible hard to trigger and if used right it's very effective.

Tyreek
Dec 13, 2009, 12:58 PM
Arika... Next time, spoiler that.

Back on topic, this is an interestng bit o info. But I think it would make sense. This form is inducing a beserk state. So not telling who is friend or foe may be natural. Just stay outta the way when it does happen to someone lol.

Zarode
Dec 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
That's a bit extreme for something that has a very slim chance of happening. If you don't want a black beast to kill you don't get near it if the person using it doesn't understand it does friendly damage. Even if you TRY to get black beast it's incredible hard to trigger and if used right it's very effective.

I was joking. :disapprove:

BioWarrior
Dec 13, 2009, 02:00 PM
Ah sorry about that I just woke up when I read that D: sense of humor is really poor when I wake up.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 14, 2009, 01:02 AM
Yep, I accidentally pwnt my NPC teammates by going into SSJ form.

It's hard NOT to hit your NPC teammates since they follow you. You have to get them stuck behind walls so you can take on the monsters yourself.

BioWarrior
Dec 14, 2009, 02:32 AM
I've actually tried to kill my NPCs in story mode and those bastids somehow avoid most of my hits and never die D:

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2009, 02:35 PM
Oh i'd take all my anger out on their incompetence with the black beast form

Chuck_Norris
Dec 16, 2009, 02:30 AM
Now here's the golden question: Do you get exp for killing teammates?

BioWarrior
Dec 16, 2009, 03:00 AM
No you don't. It's actually why I didn't realize I was causing their deaths at first cause I didn't notice the target reticule around them. REALLY easy to get black nanoblast on bosses that stay stationary that you can quickly build chains around 15-20+ on btw. I'm getting better at triggering black nanoblast

Arika
Dec 16, 2009, 07:28 AM
another question, can other player attack you when you are in black form?

that will make thing fair :p

BioWarrior
Dec 16, 2009, 10:54 AM
Nope not unless they are black beast also. As it stands it's really hard for normal monsters to damage a black beast too. Not only does black beast have stupidly high attack but it seems to have stupidly high evasion and pretty decent defense.