PDA

View Full Version : Hizeri/Force vs. Har Quick

Gibdozer
Dec 6, 2009, 11:19 AM
So equipping Hizeri on my Fortetecher gives me a tp increase of 380 (over quicks -100) which translates to about 200 damage per enemy.

Okay I'll admit thats not bad(especially against mobs), but honestly I was expecting a lot more. So what are you guys wearing? Which of these do you feel is superior?

Before someone brings it up I'm not using a Har Smart either, IMO an extra 100tp(50 damage) does not compensate for the range reduction.

Zeek123
Dec 6, 2009, 01:10 PM
I roll a Har/Quick on my alt techer. Speed>Damage for techs imo.

Plus you can level them faster.

that cast named kai
Dec 6, 2009, 03:07 PM
i would say for a techer the quick

Katy
Dec 6, 2009, 03:15 PM
If possible go with Har /Smart, the reduction in range doesn't matter most of the time. Most spawns require you to get near them to appear. If it's only a choice of those 2 as Fortetecher I'd stick with Har/ Quick. Things in this game die fast enough.

Zelendria_Ru
Dec 6, 2009, 04:46 PM
Which of these do you feel is superior?

Unless you are running Wartecher or another race (Such as a cast or Beast techer) I'd give Har/Quick the priority in your head slot...that's not to say that I don't see tons of Masterforces run Hizeri etc....

For me I'd MUCH RATHER stun lock the mobs with a RA- or Gi- tech, or Noszonde's knockdown...they can't hit you if they are on the ground or too far away to land an attack, imho. =)

Running solo is different than being in a party, and FT doesn't have the speed boost of MF, plus the extra speed during rebuffs, resta, giresta (especially this one), and reverser is beneficial to your party. =)

Mystil
Dec 7, 2009, 04:40 AM
Har/quick will ridiculously increase DPS than a tech boosting unit will.

Hrith
Dec 7, 2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah, even Lumira / Tech Charge is worse than Har / Quick.

Shou
Dec 7, 2009, 03:40 PM
Har Smart. Especially after we get GAS customizations.

TecherRamen
Dec 7, 2009, 08:27 PM
I use 3 head units, for this reason: range selection; how far away do you want to be from the enemy?
-har/smart close range
-har/quick medium range
-Lumirus / Spread long range

-any kind of tp boosting unit is for damspell/nosdiga/noszonde spam

-hzc is for af

neilp4453
Dec 8, 2009, 10:50 AM
It is way too sluggish for me without a speed unit....and I'm sure being able to get off more attacks will negate any extra damage done by a unit that increases tech.

I mean 300% speed versus normal...doing a mere 200 more (even per hit) isn't going to help much.

Plus, if you solo...it might be better due to the flinching caused by technics. Sluggish spells let the enemies come closer and hit you more often...faster spells keep them away.

Hrith
Dec 8, 2009, 10:53 AM
300%, lol

milranduil
Dec 8, 2009, 02:27 PM
Posting this for posterity

Quick units decrease time spent casting. Here's how it works.

Rod
Phase 1 | Phase 2 | Phase 3
Charge up | Casting Time | Casting Recover time
Rod Swings up | Ding sound (stationary) | Rod swings down, releasing tech, then back to initial position.

Quick units speed up Phase 1 by the factor mentioned so 300%=3x faster or 1/3 of the time spent in phase 2. MF/AT have Phases 1 and 3 sped up.

Even so, speed units>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>few extra damage. Also Smart>>>>>>>>>Quick. You WANT ra techs to cast closer to you since most mobs approach rather quickly. If you really need range in a situation, use Lumira/Spread. However there is only 2 spots I've used it thus far. For SEED-Ardites and the large Ohga spawn in Protector's Gamma which is now gone lol.

Gibdozer
Dec 8, 2009, 06:56 PM
Well I've been looking at this for a few days now. While hizeri does significantly more damage to mobs with dam, gi, and line techs it just feels very sluggish playing without a quick.

I so wanted Hizeri to be great, what a bummer that an Arank unit is better than the available Sranks. Guess I'll stick with the Har Quick, anyone wanna buy a slightly used Hizeri/Force. Thanks everyone for your input.

Ellea
Dec 8, 2009, 11:14 PM
Posting this for posterity

Quick units decrease time spent casting. Here's how it works.

Rod
Phase 1 | Phase 2 | Phase 3
Charge up | Casting Time | Casting Recover time
Rod Swings up | Ding sound (stationary) | Rod swings down, releasing tech, then back to initial position.

Quick units speed up Phase 1 by the factor mentioned so 300%=3x faster or 1/3 of the time spent in phase 2. MF/AT have Phases 1 and 3 sped up.

Even so, speed units>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>few extra damage. Also Smart>>>>>>>>>Quick. You WANT ra techs to cast closer to you since most mobs approach rather quickly. If you really need range in a situation, use Lumira/Spread. However there is only 2 spots I've used it thus far. For SEED-Ardites and the large Ohga spawn in Protector's Gamma which is now gone lol.

I must say adios, you articulated that message very well. One of the better explanations of quick units I've seen, if not the best. o-o