PDA

View Full Version : Need some RAmar advice

majorgamer55
Dec 6, 2009, 12:27 PM
My Ramar just hit lv 71 yesterday and I still haven't used any materials on him, any advice on what stats should i focus those materials on?
I was thinking of Defense for sure
Attack
and maybe HP or EVP

Gunslinger-08
Dec 6, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I'd say that if you're thinking about defense materials, go with HP instead. The boosted HP will probably benefit you more than the boosted def.

majorgamer55
Dec 6, 2009, 01:17 PM
So then forget about the def completely?

Vayne
Dec 6, 2009, 01:47 PM
A ranger shouldn't need to worry about defense too much, being that they are a ranger. ATA is probably the must crucial stat for them. If you want to put some more in DEF then that's up to you and your preferred play style. But if you want to use mech guns efficiently you need high hit.

Evicous
Dec 6, 2009, 02:21 PM
I say 75 POW materials and 25 HIT materials. If you are hitting things consistently, you can ignore the 25 HIT materials and just go for 100 POW.

majorgamer55
Dec 6, 2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah usually i just blast away my enemies... i'm thinking about the 75 atp and 25ata

Lunar_Furor
Dec 6, 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm gonna be honest here, I'm going with 30 mind, 30 pow and 40 swift. Def is so broken in this game being no stun times and such, so you can get hit a lot more than before. With the mind I heal a little over a third of my max (also have a hero/mind and 3 hero/swift) and with all the evp I get hit a lot less period. It's nice for single mode when you have to be the tank, dps, and heals.

majorgamer55
Dec 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
I honestly thought about the mind materials but I changed my mind. I might focus on mainly power and evasion... if not just power

THOTH
Dec 7, 2009, 09:55 PM
.....wow...there's some horrible advice on here.

100 ATP mats
100 ATP mag

Any thing else is a waste. RAmars accuracy is fine. Defensive stats aren't as important as a ranger... rangers do have a problem dishing out damage, so using that set up will help alot. Trust me.

Vayne
Dec 7, 2009, 11:01 PM
+200 ATP doesn't help if you can't hit consistently. Mech Guns are the preferred weapon among most rangers and to get the DPS desired a little extra ATA always helps, especially on SH. Even though he is a ranger RAmar still has the lowest ATA in the class. Like I said a little extra ATA should be sufficient to get the job done. Again, there are other ways to get an ATA boost( or ATP for that matter) besides mags and mats. Slots, acc adj., and set bonuses are available. It all about getting the max out of your character. If Thoth wants full on ATP build then that's awesome but that is not everyone's preference.

ARChan
Dec 8, 2009, 12:45 AM
Haha. It's a little funny but I haven't used any materials on my RAmarl either. I just think that there's much more fun without the materials because of the fact that my chars are not too powerful and I can blast away happy. So what if I have a hard time taking down an enemy!

I say that if you want danger, just disregard all the material talk, pick out a mag that looks cool/cute on your Ranger, and go by a game based on what you know about the RAmar and the enemies. That's my material talk -nods-

majorgamer55
Dec 8, 2009, 09:49 PM
ARChan: lol you just described how I usually see this game. I love the fact that I don't kill in two hits (except in eternal tower..) so I think i might use my mats until i hit like level 90.. i know it sounds stupid but either way its not like i have 100 power materials.