PDA

View Full Version : God Eater!

ZeroXRaven
Dec 7, 2009, 12:08 AM
I didn't know where else to post this but I really think the community on this site needs to check out this game demo http://www.pspdemocenter.com/page.php?id=2887

It's an amazing game, similiar to Phantasy Star too

Chuck_Norris
Dec 7, 2009, 12:25 AM
uh...this would go nicely in any of the NOT phantasy star sections.

But on topic: Yes, I saw this a while back. It does look like a sweet game.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 7, 2009, 01:42 AM
It's about time I've heard something about this game, I thought it looked pretty sweet when I saw the videos for the gameplay.

Boxblaster
Dec 7, 2009, 02:00 AM
My assumption was that this was more of a Monster Hunter clone. Not that it didn't look fun. I only saw one short trailer before. It piqued my interest, but I feel like I really won't know the quality of this game until I play it.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 7, 2009, 02:16 AM
My assumption was that this was more of a Monster Hunter clone. Not that it didn't look fun. I only saw one short trailer before. It piqued my interest, but I feel like I really won't know the quality of this game until I play it.

Seems a lot like it. But it's pretty fun and although the costume selection is a bit limited, they look cool as well. I'll definitely check this out if it comes out in english. Ever.

Boxblaster
Dec 7, 2009, 03:15 AM
From what I see, it seems even more action oriented then MH, and possibly PSP. I just started the demo and am lost right now. I'll need more time to learn about this game, but it seems pretty good so far. Color me impressed. And thanks to ZeroXRaven, for the demo, as well as the link to the site with many good themes and other demos.

Update: I have played a bit of the demo, and reached mission 3 (non-tutorial one). Gameplay took a little getting used to, but now I say it plays pretty well. It seems fantastic so far. I can't navigate Japanese text well enough to figure much out in much of any of the menus, but I can get into missions, and play.

Gameplay is very much like a faster paced Monster Hunter, but the setting and creatures are much different. Being able to switch from sword to gun with a single button press is great (and a pretty cool animation to boot). While I have not gotten the hang of using the giant gun effectively, Some of the bullet effects are fun. The spread shot is quite useful, and the grenade launcher, which I had a bit of a hard time with, seem to inflict pretty good damage. I also enjoyed the effect of "eating" the enemies for a power boost. This also gave a cool animation. I'd certainly recommend this to any Monster Hunter/Phantasy Star fan. If anyone has any walkthrough/tips for what's going on in those menus, that'd be a big help.

ZeroXRaven
Dec 7, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, the PSP Demos site has EVERY demo available for PSP, just go their like weekly and more than likely there will be a new demo available

Split
Dec 7, 2009, 03:48 PM
Looks like a Japanese game about a teenager with an extremely large sword fighting monsters.

Zarode
Dec 8, 2009, 12:05 AM
Looks like a Japanese game about a teenager with an extremely large sword fighting monsters.

Monster Hunter is about old farts with extremely large swords fighting monsters, your point being?

Split
Dec 8, 2009, 12:22 AM
Monster Hunter is about old farts with extremely large swords fighting monsters, your point being?I'm just marveling at the originality of the concept. The action looks decent, though...