PDA

View Full Version : BB jp server

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 7, 2009, 08:25 PM
is the official jp server on bb still up? or only the private one?

Anon_Fire
Dec 7, 2009, 08:31 PM
The Japanese server is still up and running.

Mike
Dec 7, 2009, 08:43 PM
And it's subscription based too.

DC_PLAYER
Dec 8, 2009, 10:06 AM
http://psobb.jp/

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 8, 2009, 02:45 PM
woah and here i was thinking pso was dead that actually made my day (although im on p server)

see everyone pso isn't dead just yet!

Zarode
Dec 8, 2009, 03:37 PM
Just on life support. :wacko:

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 8, 2009, 08:58 PM
well yah, but hey its better than nothing btw does it have any other episodes than 1,2,4 and does it still get updated?

DC_PLAYER
Dec 9, 2009, 05:15 PM
Doesn't have bugs and altought you can cheat (because the server doesn't have many protections) it has actually less cheating because most of the ppl there are japanese players
Game remains original, has a few events (some in large scale)
Website updated constantly.

But no extra content like new episodes.

Cranberry
Dec 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
It's sad that Sega abandoned the US... not just the US but everywhere except Japan for PSO. I'd play on it if I could. They really don't want non-Japanese players on their server though. They have some safeguards set up to try and filter out non-Japanese clients from being able to register. I remember attepting to register and being denied.

DC_PLAYER
Dec 9, 2009, 06:44 PM
It is possible to register there, but not by using the usual methods and they still have a free registration time and level in wich case your free account will terminate

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 9, 2009, 08:07 PM
So they still update (in a way) and the server is still up that is the best news ive heard in a long time although having the ds outsell the 360 was nice news too

DreXxiN
Dec 9, 2009, 08:38 PM
Isn't the DS always outselling the 360?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 10, 2009, 03:36 PM
yah but i just found out and since the Wii also outsold the 360 that would mean the ds did quite a bit more selling than the 360 (Nintendo till death!)even if the Wii isn't as good as the gamecube/N64 i still like it

ViewtifulJoe
Dec 11, 2009, 12:32 AM
So they still update (in a way) and the server is still up that is the best news ive heard in a long time although having the ds outsell the 360 was nice news too

How is that good news?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 14, 2009, 07:24 PM
cuz i thot pso was dead and the ds is way better than the 360 (I can't stand xbox altho castle crashers and ODST r fun(Odst has voices from firefly!))

Mike
Dec 14, 2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not exactly sure how you can compare consoles to portables.

DuRaL
Dec 15, 2009, 06:23 AM
it has actually less cheating because most of the ppl there are japanese players
soo true..

although for some reason, the japanese server we may not talk about has way more hacked quests than "our" server does =/

@ JP PSOBB: i tried to register, but i couldn't..
i can access any site on their website, but when i try toregister / buy a hunter's license it says i need a "japanese enabled internet browser" or something...
i tried different browsers (firefox, internet explorer) on different PCs (and i think even on Wii..) and i always had the same problem..

so yeah, it seems Sega doesn't want my money >_<

DC_PLAYER
Dec 15, 2009, 07:11 PM
The server is only for japanese ppl.
There is a way to join them obviously, but i can't share the method here.

DuRaL
Dec 16, 2009, 06:40 AM
if it has to do with hacking and not paying sega for their great job with PSOBB, i don't want to hear about it anyway..
i'm a honset person ;P

DC_PLAYER
Dec 16, 2009, 05:31 PM
No no, if you play, you play the trial, after that you will be forced to pay with or without hacking (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

As for a non jp person, playing the full version, i believe it's impossible atm

halohalo
Dec 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
You have to make the browser compatible with Japanese when you set language option, or you will get same error message. And you also need to learn basic Japanese Kana and use Japanese IME.

Sometimes a free play event without limitation is available, but generally it is necessary to pay by prepaid electronic money for 30 days.

Official server doesn't block oversea connection, but payment, language and manner will be the problem.

DuRaL
Dec 17, 2009, 07:02 AM
oh hey, i added japanese to "preferred languages" in firefox, and it seems to work now!
thanks for the advice, halohalo =)
(do you know by accident how i can write japanese on my Vista PC?)

isn't it possible to pay via credit card?
and if i buy a 30 day license, will it be canceled automatically after 30 days, or do i have to cancel my subscription manually?

manner shouldn't be a problem.. i've played PSO with people from japan for years, and they all seemed to like me, cause i always tried to play fair and share items like they do =)
and for the language, i study japanese now (still 1. semester, tho..)

and if they really ban me, well, i don't really care, it's just for fun..

Amnesia
Dec 17, 2009, 07:28 AM
Imo..

It bothers the hell out of me when noobs on the English-speaking server come on with no English skills and therefore can't efficiently help the other players on the team because they can't communicate. It's one of the most frustrating things on any mmo, and because of this, I would never force my way into the jp server and make a fool out of myself whilst screwing up and slowing down another player's game.

halohalo
Dec 17, 2009, 11:12 AM
You can add Japanese support by setting IME.

Foreign credit card may be blocked and it is not convenient if you accidentally have trouble with canceling subscription. Prepaid electronic money is expensive, but theoretically you can play after 30 days until disconnection.

To avoid communication problem or transffer disconnection problem, it is better to select ship 2 ~ ship5 while soloing.