PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 12/8 Update

Mike
Dec 8, 2009, 08:51 AM
A brief update on the official site today:

Chevelier Fluge
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/network/dlitem/
Chevelier Fluge, a set of male cast parts is will be available tomorrow (12/9) on the Playstation Network Store. This is a free download so go get it you metal heads.

Bans
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/support/notice_20091208/
A certain amount of users were permanently banned for breach of the server usage contract article 3, paragraph 3, lines 7, 8, and 9. This covers cheating, basically. Cheaters got permanently banned. Woo!

ashley50
Dec 8, 2009, 09:17 AM
hmmm Male CAST parts ...

Arika
Dec 8, 2009, 09:49 AM
it will always stay right there or it has limit period?

because I don't rly need Cast part until I make one.

Note: when you left today, I saw uni1 and uni2 are full with 8 stars each total 16 stars population o_o! I wouldn't wanna log off or I can't log in back.

Zarode
Dec 8, 2009, 10:18 AM
It seems you can always log when the server is full, so I think the population can go BEYOND the eight stars.

Dragwind
Dec 8, 2009, 11:41 AM
Bans
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/sup...tice_20091208/
A certain amount of users were permanently banned for breach of the server usage contract article 3, paragraph 3, lines 7, 8, and 9. This covers cheating, basically. Cheaters got permanently banned. Woo!

My favorite part to read. Now I'm that much more excited for this title. Hello revival of my previous frothing PSU addiction.

Zarode
Dec 8, 2009, 11:52 AM
Cheating means they were doing one of two things: CFW, or save editing. The former being more terrifying than the latter.

Illuminate
Dec 8, 2009, 12:11 PM
Save editing? O.o Like, copying a save file and making a new one? That'd be real lame...

CFW doesn't work online anyway, so why would you mention that Zarode?

Zarode
Dec 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
OUR CFW doesn't work online. Doesn't mean that they don't have one of their own that is always up to date. And there is a plugin that allows cheating, ergo...

DoubleJG
Dec 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
Population stars? Wait,.. So this game is essentially a portable MMO? I was under the impression that the infrastructure mode was similar to PS0's Free Play mode.

Wow, this game just became so much cooler in my eyes.

Illuminate
Dec 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
From what I've googled, Japan's still waiting for GEN-D3 too.

Chimeria
Dec 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
See?Where is Landman? I knew there'd be some sort of anti-hacking plan for online. And he was worried about CFW users ruining it for everyone. I still wonder how those people even got online though. Maybe there is a working ISO out there somewhere.

So looks like Kai will be the ONLY way for people with CFW to get online with....

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2009, 02:17 PM
Well, the stars isn't exactly an MMO indication, but of server load. So you can see a couple of universes, and it'll show you the stars on it. Once you select that, you can see all of the listed parties, that have been started on that server. It also tells you various information (including a party description message, if the leader supplied one), and if they are locked or open. Kind of like PSO, in a way, except the Universes aren't separated into Ships for view of Teams. But they do have paging, so I guess that could act as ships (except easier to jump between).

So it's kind of like PSO, except instead of being in a visual lobby running around, you see a list of groups in text.

GeoSword
Dec 8, 2009, 02:25 PM
it will always stay right there or it has limit period?

because I don't rly need Cast part until I make one.

Note: when you left today, I saw uni1 and uni2 are full with 8 stars each total 16 stars population o_o! I wouldn't wanna log off or I can't log in back.

Well, just get the CAST parts for now and then make a CAST later. That way you still have it in case it does disappear.

Are there any other outfit/weapons up on PSN? I remember Sakai mentioned that some new items/clothes would appear on PSN over time after the game releases.

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2009, 02:47 PM
We can't be sure that the hackers are using CFW. This, in itself, could be data hacking.

landman
Dec 8, 2009, 03:26 PM
See?Where is Landman? I knew there'd be some sort of anti-hacking plan for online. And he was worried about CFW users ruining it for everyone. I still wonder how those people even got online though. Maybe there is a working ISO out there somewhere.

So looks like Kai will be the ONLY way for people with CFW to get online with....
I'm glad they are banning, this will prevent other users from going online with their offline cheated files xD

I didn't comment because I was not very excited about the CAST parts, I don't like most of the fan submitted designs lol

Amherst_Wind
Dec 8, 2009, 03:40 PM
Who couldn't like the Koltovan Suits!?

The very fact that with some work you could now do this: (well minus one...)

http://www.supersentai.com/database/1982_goggle_five/images/goggle_title.jpg

in a Phantasy Star game is more than enough reason to worship the guy who entered the contest with that idea.

landman
Dec 8, 2009, 04:18 PM
I could like it if Sonic Team made a greater effort on making the 3D models xD Something I like, the bath towel, my male beast will at least change his swimsuit after three years lol

ChaosAngel92
Dec 9, 2009, 12:58 AM
wait a fucking damn minute.
Even if it-s free for now, does future clothes are going to cost real money?!

BioWarrior
Dec 9, 2009, 01:32 AM
wait a fucking damn minute.
Even if it-s free for now, does future clothes are going to cost real money?!

Probable not ALL of it. But you can probable thank the people who used gaurdians cash in jp psu. Then again we do have online for free... Supose it's an even trade

Mike
Dec 9, 2009, 01:38 AM
Yes. Though we've known that there will be / could be download items that are not be free. However, missions and any updates to the game's system (in the case that there are) are free of charge.

Edit: By "Yes," I mean that there will be items you can buy with real money but there will be some free items as well.

ashley50
Dec 9, 2009, 04:00 PM
Downloaded the CAST set... :)

ChaosAngel92
Dec 9, 2009, 04:02 PM
Probable not ALL of it. But you can probable thank the people who used gaurdians cash in jp psu. Then again we do have online for free... Supose it's an even trade

Yes. Though we've known that there will be / could be download items that are not be free. However, missions and any updates to the game's system (in the case that there are) are free of charge.

Edit: By "Yes," I mean that there will be items you can buy with real money but there will be some free items as well.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp126/Necronemicon/facepalm.jpg

Just when I thought Sonic Team was doing it right.
I'll be so pissed off If I have to pay for the clothes I like.

landman
Dec 9, 2009, 04:07 PM
I though some content was free and some one was not, and that could include clothes and/or missions, being a PSU subscriber I think it's a fair trade, we pay for content, in PSU we pay each month for not so good content most of the months lol

ChaosAngel92
Dec 9, 2009, 04:25 PM
I though some content was free and some one was not, and that could include clothes and/or missions, being a PSU subscriber I think it's a fair trade, we pay for content, in PSU we pay each month for not so good content most of the months lol

Well I agree with you in there.
I prefer paying the money I have for content I can have immediately, rather than paying a subscription to a server that updates every 6 months.

The thing that bothers me is that, this things always work wrong in the US/America.
If Sonic Team of America decides not to make this game online (it can happen, knowing the past issues) we will have most of the new clothes left of.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 9, 2009, 04:45 PM
All the DLC items will be entirely new to the game, as in they don't even exist in the data. None of this paying for a 2kb unlock key for data that exists in the game that you see everywhere else, so as far as I'm concerned its a viable thing to pay for if the developers are still working on and creating the content.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 9, 2009, 04:49 PM
All the DLC items will be entirely new to the game, as in they don't even exist in the data. None of this paying for a 2kb unlock key for data that exists in the game that you see everywhere else, so as far as I'm concerned its a viable thing to pay for if the developers are still working on and creating the content.

It's like taxes should work.

landman
Dec 9, 2009, 06:31 PM
Sonic Team is provably testing this, and I think it could work, making a new console online game, with no subscription but with content released periodically, all the ones who paid the PSU subscription would pay for the new content, and if that new content was new stages with more items other players hooked to the game would also buy, in the end it would be cheaper for players and the game could have a lot larger population (and more profit for sega)

ChaosAngel92
Dec 9, 2009, 06:58 PM
Sonic Team is provably testing this, and I think it could work, making a new console online game, with no subscription but with content released periodically, all the ones who paid the PSU subscription would pay for the new content, and if that new content was new stages with more items other players hooked to the game would also buy, in the end it would be cheaper for players and the game could have a lot larger population (and more profit for sega)

I totally agree with you in ever sentence.
I just hope that the content that costs real money is only for the looks and that has no game play influence whatsoever.

I hope it doesn't have a time limit as most games that work like this.

Mike
Dec 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
I just hope that the content that costs real money is only for the looks and that has no game play influence whatsoever.

They won't. Sakai has said so on the official blog. The items you can purchase will be some neat little things but nothing game breaking. He said that the power of downloadable items would be about that of B-rank.

Illuminate
Dec 9, 2009, 07:38 PM
So, basicly... Buying things that make you weaker? That's a first!

Not that I mind, hey, if it looks cool, use it.

Mike
Dec 9, 2009, 07:46 PM
No, buying items that don't make you overpowered. And since you can turn any item in to an S-rank item with extend codes, it won't make you any weaker than other B-rank rares.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 9, 2009, 09:14 PM
Where exactly do the Chevelier Fluge Parts appear once you've downloaded them?

ChaosAngel92
Dec 9, 2009, 10:17 PM
Not that I mind, hey, if it looks cool, use it.

This.
I survived at PSO with my FOmar and a the Soul Eater (not Soul Banish).

But anyway, I'm glad to know nothing you can buy will break the game.
So, I suppose the only doubt that troubles me now is if those items are time based ( I don't think so but anyway, double check does not hurt anyone).

Mike
Dec 9, 2009, 10:38 PM
Where exactly do the Chevelier Fluge Parts appear once you've downloaded them?
After you've imported it, the parts will be saved in your shared storage box.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 10, 2009, 05:43 AM
Ah Import on the main menu... thanks.

Tycho
Dec 10, 2009, 06:41 AM
Save editing wasn't really an option to begin with, since it's randomly encoded (like for PSU/PSPo1). I dunno how they DID manage to cheat though.

Zarode
Dec 10, 2009, 10:04 AM
The Japanese are stubborn, if anything.

Something tells me they cheated in the demo, and used the characters online with OFW, and whoops! :wacko:

Idiots. :lol:

landman
Dec 11, 2009, 11:22 AM
After you've imported it, the parts will be saved in your shared storage box.
Oh wow, I was going to ask that same thing and I read the word import lol I could never imagine the main menu import function could be used to get new items like this ^^

Oh ugh, it looks awful, like a bad mod, and it is on PSP, I hope I never see the PSU version of those parts lol