PDA

View Full Version : DC: Setting up Dreamcast to a Router

JuiceBox867
Feb 25, 2003, 07:13 PM
I can not get my Phantasy Star Online to connect. Not even my web browser. I am running Web Browser 2.0 and there is no broadband settings. I have the DC connected to a router.

If I remember from about 2 years ago, I had to get a Japanese Web Broswer just to set up my internet connection.

Please help me on how I can get my Dreamcast Online.

-Tyler Michael
[email protected]

Celes152
Feb 25, 2003, 07:35 PM
You can't use Web Browsers lower than 3 to surf with broadband. However, if you pop in PSO V.2 you can set up your BBA in the Website mode. BBA does not work for DC v.1

JuiceBox867
Feb 25, 2003, 07:39 PM
I only have PSO v1. I know it works with BBA because I did it lamost 2 years ago. I had to get a Japanese web browser to set it up. So I know it is possible, it's just very tricky to do. If anyone has any ideas please tell me!

White_Knight
Mar 13, 2003, 10:53 PM
I feel your pain I can't get my DC ver.1 to connect either will some one help us

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2003, 10:57 PM
I wish I had played on DC, wasn't the online play of no charge?

incognito32
Mar 14, 2003, 06:55 PM
version 1 is/was free for US and EU. version 2 is/was free for EU.

On 2003-02-25 16:35, Celes152 wrote:
BBA does not work for DC v.1

broadband adapter was working for me, and i started online with version 1 way back when... it just was/is not supported by Sega.

does your router see your dreamcast adapter? you should try to set your DHCP (again?) on dreamcast to "0.0.0.0". you can leave out the ""s.

White_Knight
Jul 9, 2003, 08:50 PM
well I'm not sure how to do that for one seeing as dispite some gifts I can't figure ou tthe propblem with comps and the such I have an idea how to do that but what the hell's a router?

ApolloBlue
Jul 11, 2003, 12:30 PM
i'm having trouble playing online as well. i can't dial up through the phone line, because i have two phone lines already in use. i'm wondering, though, if it is possible to use ethernet cables to connect to my router. it doesn't work with the standard dreamcast adapter, but maybe there is one out there that will...