PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Couple questions about importing

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 9, 2009, 04:48 PM
So I've never imported a game before, but knowing that sega of america is much more likely than not to screw us over again, I'm really tempted on this one.

1) Is it possible to buy the digital download with my American account, if not, any drawbacks to putting it on my psp that is registered under my NA account?

2) Will I still be able to buy/download the dlc fine? Partly in tie with above question regarding PSP, since its obviously tied to my psn account.

WT_Kail
Dec 9, 2009, 05:42 PM
Your PSP will need to be hooked up to a JP PSN account not only to buy the game, but to play online as well. So any content linked to a NA PSN account will get blocked out =/

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
Your PSP will need to be hooked up to a JP PSN account not only to buy the game, but to play online as well. So any content linked to a NA PSN account will get blocked out =/

Could that be solved with a second memory card, or is that inside the psp itself? I really want to get this but I don't want to deal with sega of america any more >_<

WT_Kail
Dec 9, 2009, 05:58 PM
Nope. The PSP itself is what needs to be linked to the account. I guess this would depend on how much NA stuff you have saved on your PSP. I personally had only JP stuff anyway.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 9, 2009, 06:03 PM
Is it at all possible to switch between accounts on it somehow? Backing up saves is easy enough if I could do that.

Yoshara
Dec 9, 2009, 06:25 PM
Yes you can change accounts on your PSP by pressing "Triangle" on "Account Management" and selecting "Delete Account" and then going into the "Sign Up for PlayStationNetwork" and then selecting "Use an Existing Account" and inputing the info for your other account. Of course you would need to have a japanese/other account for this, and to make that what you need to go into "Create a New Account" and set your "Country/Region of Residence" as Japan (afterwards everything is in japanese so I would suggest searching for a translation guide for that).

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 9, 2009, 06:39 PM
Yes you can change accounts on your PSP by pressing "Triangle" on "Account Management" and selecting "Delete Account" and then going into the "Sign Up for PlayStationNetwork" and then selecting "Use an Existing Account" and inputing the info for your other account. Of course you would need to have a japanese/other account for this, and to make that what you need to go into "Create a New Account" and set your "Country/Region of Residence" as Japan (afterwards everything is in japanese so I would suggest searching for a translation guide for that).

Awesome thanks for all the answers and help guys.

So just to make sure, I don't need to reinstall psp updates etc. correct? Just switch accounts and save data?

EDIT: Also older question, will my american credit card work just fine?

Dawndus
Dec 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
EDIT: Also older question, will my american credit card work just fine?

If you're planning on getting the digital copy of the game through the PSN store, you'll need to buy a yen card.

http://www.gateway-to-japan.com/ps3-playstation-japan-store-network-ticket-5000-dl35000.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zu-49-en-70-26si.html

WT_Kail
Dec 9, 2009, 08:19 PM
If you're planning on getting the digital copy of the game through the PSN store, you'll need to buy a yen card.

http://www.gateway-to-japan.com/ps3-playstation-japan-store-network-ticket-5000-dl35000.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zu-49-en-70-26si.html

i.e. No, an American CC won't work.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 9, 2009, 08:29 PM
thanks again for all the helpful replies!

One more question, is free dlc down-loadable without a cc, or will I need to have one just for it to register properly?

edit: since I cant check offhand, if thats a 5000 yen card, how much is the game itself?

edit: said 500 x.x

StamiStar
Dec 9, 2009, 08:46 PM
thanks again for all the helpful replies!

One more question, is free dlc down-loadable without a cc, or will I need to have one just for it to register properly?

edit: since I cant check offhand, if thats a 500 yen card, how much is the game itself?

4500 yen(will need a 5000 yen card >_>).
I go here (http://nihongoperapera.com/buy-japanese-psn-cards.html) for PSN cards(via PayPal); delivers within 24 hours(It was $67 when I bought mine, now $69 o.O). :D

Amherst_Wind
Dec 9, 2009, 08:54 PM
Then you have 500 yen ready for buying some DLC, fun with no waste!

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 9, 2009, 09:33 PM
Then you have 500 yen ready for buying some DLC, fun with no waste!

thanks so much guys! you've all been a great help :D

Sharkyland
Dec 13, 2009, 02:54 PM
I've been thinking about doing this since my PSP with OFW UMD's drive doesn't work anymore. ;_; It is easy to get a Japanese PSN account?

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 13, 2009, 02:57 PM
I found a sight that had a guide to signing up in JP it is very easy. Also, my saves were fine even after switching I just need to be on the correct account for anything internet related though its always smart to backup anyways.

If you look around theres also a nice pdf with translations for psp2's items

Sharkyland
Dec 13, 2009, 09:30 PM
I think I'll try the PS3 way... seems easier than changing my PSP to JP setting.

landman
Dec 14, 2009, 11:00 AM
But you wont be able to play in the game's servers with adhog party.