PDA

View Full Version : Melee FOmar

Ice_ryu
Dec 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
Anybody have tips, going to delete my HUnewm and make one. I got a bank full of mats and a decent mag for him to start with and some weapons.

What should I make his other strengh besides power? Defense or EVP or Magic?

I figure giving him Mats 20 Evade 20 Hit 30 Defense and a 50 power and a similar setup on a Mag.
Good idea or should I set him up differently?

Zephton
Dec 15, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well, I'm not going to recommend an ATP based FOmar because MST Melee FOs will be doing much more damage than ATP based ones as force weapons' melee samage is based on MST, but if you already have that in mind and choose to be ATP based then I unfortunately cannot really help as I don't know any semi-effective way to build that type of character.

Zilchrion
Dec 15, 2009, 11:29 AM
Oddly enough FOmars can use some really good melee weapons. like Luzparias, Emperor Axeon and Clair Doubles.

rickfrior
Dec 15, 2009, 11:40 AM
This is only my opinion but in my case, I had two Mags that focus on either ATP or MST.
So if I want to use melee weapons, I'd simply switch my Mag, and for MST, more so.
Oh, also, plan your Action Palette!!

Ice_ryu
Dec 15, 2009, 12:06 PM
I just beat the dragon with a lvl 4 Fomar and a fully grinded cutlas, so far he is looking good. I have a really buffed Luzparias for when he gets strong enough. I havent fed him anything yet until I get some advise fror you guys on what what to boost. As far as mags, I will make a magic only mag and am working on a 10H 10M 35D 55P for just melee purposes.
It helps that I have a divine HP to keep him from getting 1 shotted.

Allison_W
Dec 15, 2009, 12:11 PM
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2403422&postcount=6

Ice_ryu
Dec 15, 2009, 12:18 PM
Sweetnes, Thanks Allison for the link and GHNeko for doing all the work. So all Power Mats will get his ATP over 1000 with some help from some other Items.

I had a meleeFomar in PSO with a red Saber and 3 God Powers 1 God Defence. He was pretty good. So I am trying to rebuild him but in this game.

Is there a MST Based sword in this game. I remember there was one in PSO but I do not remember the name

Allison_W
Dec 15, 2009, 12:35 PM
All power mats, an all-power mag, a full set of Divine/Power units (though I just posted recommending possibly switching out one Divine/Power for an Element Boost), and a fully ground Clair Doubles. That's not a small commitment.

Also, its HP/DFP isn't any better than an all-mind FOmar, and the ATA is, uh, lacking. 448 at level 100, where 550+ is what I generally hear quoted as the recommendation for SH. I'm not sure how much tier 3 Shifta boosts ATA--what is it, +30% to base+mats ATA (in the FOmar's case, a base of 203)? Because if it is, that'd get you to 508 or 509. I think third-tier Zalure applies a -20% penalty to the enemy's EVP, though, which might be enough to see you get by--and of course accuracy is not an issue with bosses.

But, of course, GHNeko's suggested build is just an example, and you can tweak it to fit your needs. If you need more HP, I'd recommend dropping some ATP mats for HP mats before dropping Divine/Powers for Divine/HPs, because dropping ATP mats for HP mats gives you +2 HP for every -1 ATP, whereas dropping Divine/Powers for Divine/HPs only gives you +1 HP for every -1 ATP. Even after accounting for the fact that Shifta multiplies ATP gained from mats but not ATP gained from weapons/mags/units, assuming a boost of +30%, it's still +2 HP:-1.3 ATP compared to +1 HP:-1 ATP.

Ice_ryu
Dec 15, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, for starters I think I might go with 50 MSt and 50 APT Mats so I can switch between Sword and Wand depending on Role (support Versus attack)
Thnking of carrying 3 mags
10ATA 10MST 35DFP 55ATP and 30/70-ATA/ATP a 100MST MAG and relying heavily on Shifta and Deband.
The good thing about this game is that if your build fail you can always feed a Reset Mat.

Allison_W
Dec 15, 2009, 12:49 PM
If you're serious about the melee FOmar thing, I'm not sure I'd recommend an MST/ATP split--probably either pure ATP or HP/ATP.

Also, in my ATA calculations, another thing that would help is if you could get Clair Doubles with an accuracy adjustment--depending upon how high an adjustment you get, it could add up to 50 ATA, potentially getting you to 558 or 559 ATA after Shifta. That would be sufficient.

Hero-Break
Dec 15, 2009, 11:17 PM
Lv 85 Full Melee Fomar here...

Build so far

75 Power Mates

50 Power/50 ATA Mag

1 Hero/Power, 1 Element Boost and 2 Master/Hits

I would highly advise against going full on power, you really need at least 60 or so extra ATA from base in order to hit things if you want to use anything besides daggers, espically if you plan on playing online.

Another thing, unless you want to spend an insane amout of time trying to find just one clarie doubles (It has a low droprate on a RARE enemy). I would suggest your single target weapon of chose be a Fenir or Jasper Roar (6*daggers) which drop like candy in SH Caves. Finding one with good %s, PA, and a level 4 element (which you can switch over to cleb) is far more realstic than hunting a Claire Dobules with good %s. Also, I would also suggest hunting a Dragon Horn, a great spear which gets even better with Dragon Wing and its very easy to tech to high %s since you can reset the game if it dosen't come out to the way you want it. (Mines sitting at 64% Dark).

In SH Shrine against a Gerro (One of the highest melee resistance enemys in the game) I do around 141 damage per heavy attack with Jasper Roars with 49% and Cleb. lv 4. My Dragon Horn does around the same but hits two targets per attack and lv 12 Zalure. The PAs on both do about 100 damage.

My lv 15 Megid with a Witchs Broom does around 220ish and 126 without it.

Fomars come pretty close to Hunwearls who focous on slicer and MST in melee damage output when it comes to 1 to 2 targets but way behind with anything that hits higher such as a sword or rare spears; a Hocho just has to little base,ata and atp and no element to compete with the high end weapons a Hunewarl can use.

With my current setup I rarely miss with the wepons I use offline, but still see quite a few misses online.

Also, Shifta does not effect ATA. And the prime ATA total is around 500 offline and 550 online

Hope my post helps.

THOTH
Dec 16, 2009, 12:08 AM
Dark eclipse I believe its called helps...it's one of the best sabers in the game, and gives a chunky boost to Megid.

I personally recommend MST, as there are plenty of decent melee force weapons out there (psychowand and the calamity soul thing comes to mind as the best) you can also use slicers with a MST build on bosses very easily.

I use a 60 ATA and 40 MST mag, and full MST mats.

Ice_ryu
Dec 16, 2009, 08:09 AM
I decided to try the 50/50 Power/MST mates with a 70/30 mag POWER/HIT and a 100 MST Mag for dual roles.
I am lvl 19, just made it to Arca Plant. Have not died once and have pretty much crushed every monster/boss I have fought.
My Equiptment -
4 slot Octopus Suit, fully grinded Bitter Berry with 45% machine, 1 Master Power, 2 HeroGuards and 1 Divine HP. I have a honcho and twin brand ready to go. Still collecting mates. So far I am really liking this build.