PDA

View Full Version : PSZ Rare Spawn/Drop Timings Discussion

NeoMatrix
Dec 15, 2009, 12:55 PM
[Warning: A fair bit of text ahead...]

I've seen various threads asking about the rarity of certain weapons, enemy spawns, etc, but I thought it was high time that someone start a collective thread about the rare spawns and drops in PSZ. Why, you ask? Because I'm relatively convinced by now that PSZ operates on a system similar to the beat system from PSO. I have yet to figure much, if anything out, but I'm making this thread in the hopes of corroborating facts with others playing the game, or disproving certain points as the situation may be.

Here's what I have found in my experience playing the game so far (and I've put a lot of hours in...)

* I usually tend to play pretty late in the evenings, say anywhere between 8pm and 2 am EST. Most of that time, I find more common rares and the usual sets of items and armors that drop often.

* On the other hand, I have on a few occaisions, played late morning, between 10 and 12 am. During this time, I have noticed an increase in the number of boosted enemies I come across, and the occaisional rare spawn. Just earlier today, I played a bunch of missions starting a little after 10. The results?
* First mission at Dark Shrine, two rare spawns, one phobos dyna, and then euladaveil. Sadly, no really rare drops.
* Second mission at Arca Plant, I run into the pizza shop for the very first time in my game.
* First mission at Arca Plant, the first room spawns rab rappies. I then get a Curse Answerer drop, the first one I've seen as well. I then come across a boosted Finjer G (which I didn't get anything from, but didn't need anything from anyway)

All in all, having all these events occur in succession within a two hour period, when I have gotten other rare spawns and boosted enemies during that same period, seems significant.

Next, rare spawn blocks. Despite PSZ's mapping system, I think there's a possibility to tell if and when you come across a rare block. By now, I have seen a Rappy Nest, a Booma Nest, and the Pizza shop, though, only one of each, so this is mostly speculation by me.

* In each of these rare blocks I have encountered, I have noticed they tend to be shorther than standard blocks, and usually have a linear, or almost linear path to the midway point/boss portal.

* Also, in the case of a rare room spawn, one of the blocks will also have a rare enemy spawn.

* A friend of mine was lucky enough to find the cake shop (though on normal) and recorded the map layout. He was running the mission, "Mayor's Quest" in the wetlands.
Block 1:
___________ - portal to midway point
cake shop - [ ][ ][ ]
___________[ ]__ - start

Block 2:
____________[ ] - boss
__________[ ][ ][ ]
pelcatobur - - start

(i'm doubtful about those maps looking correct for everyone... The "_" are spacers)
It would be very interesting if this type of layout was more than coincidence.

As a final point, I have noticed these rules don't seem to apply to playing online, as I have come across multiple arenas, a booma nest, and many rare/boosted enemy spawns playing with people at any time.

I think with that, I've relayed pretty much everything I've observed. So, I'll open the thread up to comments, suggestions, and any info people want to add. Maybe we can figure some of this stuff out with relative certainty :D

Pokerealm
Dec 15, 2009, 01:36 PM
Interesting..

I might try to do a few tests involving the DS's time and finding rare spawns/rooms.
Today I found the Bakery for the second time, and just a little less than an hour ago, the Pizza Shop showed up for the first time. I've seen 4 Arena's today, in about 12 runs.

So yeah, maybe everyone has a lucky day, or maybe it really has something to do with the date/time.

Allison_W
Dec 15, 2009, 01:40 PM
It could just be your lucky day, yes. (Mine is Friday the 13th, every Friday the 13th--go figure.)

ブルーベリー
Dec 15, 2009, 07:50 PM
You're just a victim of circumstance. This is conspiracy theory. ._.

lavisblade
Dec 15, 2009, 07:56 PM
You're just a victim of circumstance. This is conspiracy theory. ._.

Exactly! The government is out to get us by giving us rare items! WELL I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT!! MWUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!@!!1!!!!1!!

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 16, 2009, 07:28 AM
While I appreciate the idea, I don't think it holds true. My fiance has a copy of the game as well and often we'll be playing at the same time even just doing our own Story Mode quests and such. She has yet to find a Rappy Soul while I've found 5 (and traded one to her). I believe she found the bakery a couple days ago after days of trying, while I found it thrice in two days. She's found some drops that I haven't yet too, but I seem to be more lucky in general so far. Since we're often playing around the same time, I don't think the time can have much of an effect on rare drops, rooms, or mobs.

Of course, I could be wrong.

ブルーベリー
Dec 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
Its because she isnt hitting the rappies when they get up.

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 16, 2009, 10:24 AM
Its because she isnt hitting the rappies when they get up.

She claims she has, but perhaps not?

On a side note, I have noticed that the rappies seem to be harder to hit after they get up than they were in PSO. Maybe it's just me.

Sala
Dec 16, 2009, 10:32 AM
She claims she has, but perhaps not?

On a side note, I have noticed that the rappies seem to be harder to hit after they get up than they were in PSO. Maybe it's just me.

Thunder magic YAAAY! :D With thunder magic i hit them always and btw illegal copies (on flash cards) need patch for "normal" drop rates.

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 16, 2009, 10:35 AM
I haven't come across rappies yet with my Force, but I imagine they'll be a lot easier to hit with Zonde. My Hunter and Ranger can usually only pop one or two rappies before they get away.

ブルーベリー
Dec 16, 2009, 10:43 AM
No theyre actually a lot easier to hit with Pre-cast Gimegid.

Ice_ryu
Dec 16, 2009, 10:45 AM
i don't hit the rappies when the get up and still get Rappy souls. The only time did hit a rappy I didnt' get any souls. Has anybody checked this out online when playing with another player, not rooms obviously but rare drops.

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 16, 2009, 10:45 AM
I'll have to try that. :)

MegaZoneXE
Dec 22, 2009, 11:54 PM
Ok, after reading your post, i did some test and this is what i came up with:

i did a "Free play" mission at Rioh Snowfield and we found Usanimere[Rare form of Usanny]. The nice thing about the maps is that it's on a grid:

We started the mission in B-3 in block 1, Usanny Nest was found in C1
_________[C1]
[A2][B2][C2]
____[B3]____

After i found that i wanted to try and find it again, this time OFFLINE. My first conclusion was:

* Rare spawn could be determined by the room the teleporter is located [this one being B-3]

So what i did was to try and find a map that started me in B-3. This was not easy because this block starts you off between the ranges of A-1 to D-4......!
While trying to find a map that stared me in B-3, i found another conclusion:

* The first room[after the teleporter] is always the same.
[EDIT: After doing some extra runs, this conclusion is FALSE D:]

So after all that searching, i find a map that starts me off in B - 3! But something was alot different!
[A1][B1][C1]
[A2][B2]____
____[B3]

The map was different and the usanny nest wasn't in C-1 ): ....IT WAS IN A-2!!!!!
My Conlusion:
*Maps are different ONLINE than OFFLINE maps.

* Rare spawn room are different depending on OFFLINE or ONLINE map.

i highly doubt this is the only rare maps that you can find Usanimere, tho :D

ブルーベリー
Dec 23, 2009, 06:48 AM
No they're just always random. Its a grid created when you enter the area, and it systematically links together sections like Pipe Dream.
People think too much.

Also, you find nests a lot apparently.