PDA

View Full Version : ATA and Photon Arts

rhubarbot
Dec 15, 2009, 01:41 PM
Is there a formula somewhere that describes how Photon Art modifiers affect ATA? I've searched around and have not found anything (although there is a very detailed damage formula floating around).

The reason I ask is that, from my experience, the ATA modifier on a PA seems to be working in some way other than simply "take character's total ATA and multiply it by modifier." For example, Bite Stamp is able to pretty much never miss against SH mobs when I have about 600 total ATA (using a Python Fang), even though I should need at least 100 more than that (since it's a 75% modifier). Conversely, I seem to need a fair bit more ATA than I should in order to not miss while using Magical Sign, again assuming that the formula just takes a character's total ATA and multiplies it by the modifier.

I've considered the possibility that Photon Arts' ATA adjustments modify only the weapon's ATA, and not the character's ATA. But that's certainly not how damage from Photon Arts seem to work. According to the accepted formula, Photon Arts modify a character's total damage.

pso_crash
Dec 15, 2009, 02:32 PM
If anyone would post the ATA/EVA formulas, I wouldlike to know what those are two.

ブルーベリー
Dec 15, 2009, 05:59 PM
If you have 50 ATA, and you use a PA that has 200% ATA its 100 ATA against that mob I'm assuming.

Although if what you assume is true then for PA with lower percentage it would be smart fo have less in Hit..