PDA

View Full Version : Which one=HUcast or HUmar?

Zladexyz
Dec 15, 2009, 07:30 PM
Plz help.

xanthaze
Dec 15, 2009, 07:34 PM
my opinion=humar because they get techniques and traps are crap (they rhyme for a reason)

Gemel
Dec 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
Same as above, HUmar's get Shifta which can boost their attack up too, so they're not really all that behind HUcast in power if at all with that spell.

You can try making both of them and try them out to see which you like more, both classes are kinda similar anyway.

ブルーベリー
Dec 15, 2009, 07:42 PM
There is no such thing as best. Go with what you like more. PSZ is very lenient with these things.

phantasygus_shot64
Dec 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
i agree with Gemel
HUmar's main advantage over HUcasts is techs so yer
test both out before you make the final decision

lavisblade
Dec 15, 2009, 07:46 PM
Honestly, it depends on your preferences. If you just rush enemies, like me, you should go with HUcasts, they have greater attack power and hp (I think), but if you use TECHs then you should go with HUmar. Personally, I don't use TECHs but I like HUmars better...I'm just weird XD

phantasygus_shot64
Dec 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
i know HUmar's arent best for it but i use resta alot and anti alot with him and hardly ever use shifta or deband lol
we are all a little weird dude

Zladexyz
Dec 15, 2009, 07:52 PM
thank you all.

lavisblade
Dec 15, 2009, 07:58 PM
i know HUmar's arent best for it but i use resta alot and anti alot with him and hardly ever use shifta or deband lol
we are all a little weird dude

Finally, someone OTHER than me notices...wait if we are all weird, doesn't that make weird the normal, so those who are normal are the weird ones now? WOOT!!!

ironman24682
Dec 15, 2009, 08:13 PM
It depends on how you're going to use techs. If for attacking then HUmar, If just for support then consider the following. My alt is a HUcaseal and does great damage without shifta, CASTs can take a beating so deband isn't needed but its a nice little add on. Resta and anti would be the deciding factors I'd say. You can just use mates as you come across them in the field along with your own personal stock but you won't/shouldn't be eating them up like popcorn. Someone in your party online is bound to have anti on their palate if they can cast techs, and even Sarisa in offline mode will cast it after a short while if you absolutely refuse to use a sol. So I guess it comes down to what type of play you do the most, offline or in groups.

Zladexyz
Dec 15, 2009, 09:26 PM
Iam choseing hucast,I like traps.

lavisblade
Dec 15, 2009, 09:47 PM
As long as you don't emulate Ogi...lol

Allison_W
Dec 15, 2009, 10:00 PM
I play a HUmarl--that's pretty close to a HUmar--and love it.

I'd add that equipment is also a consideration. For instance, only CASTs are able to use the Vanguard and Ajax shields, and the latter is actually the most powerful shield in the game. Only humans can use the Axeon line of gunblades, of which the Emperor Axeon is the most powerful gunblade in the game. Both get access to some ranger weapons--human Hunters get access to bazookas (not a great weapon type) that CAST Hunters don't. CAST Hunters get access to laser cannons (another not-great weapon type) that human Hunters don't and several rifles (good weapon type!), including three of the five 7* rifles, whereas human Hunters can only use the 5* Phobos Shoot and 6* Black Phobos.

So it's not just great HP/ATP/DFP/ATA and traps that CASTs get for giving up techs. They also get some really good guns.

Hunter-Vix
Dec 15, 2009, 10:13 PM
HUmar can use Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband, and can use 20 more materials than HUcast. However, HUcast has higher Hitpoints, Attack, accuracy, and can use traps.

Allison_W
Dec 15, 2009, 10:18 PM
Oh, can't forget that CASTs automatically regenerate hit points, too.

l3iohazard
Dec 15, 2009, 10:26 PM
i always out damage humars online and my mates are enough healing for me...

Coma~
Dec 15, 2009, 11:04 PM
I personally enjoy HUcast, as I never really use techniques. Palette gets full anyways, so I just stick to whacking with sticks.

Edit: Traps, IMO, aren't that great unless you know how to save yourself consistently with Heal Traps.

THOTH
Dec 16, 2009, 01:26 AM
Burn traps make a difference for DPS....trust on that. Also if you have a force around, HUcast will be a thousand times better than HUmar. HUcast also requires no increase in ATA... they get less mats, but that just means you get there faster. Defenses and stats are all great...

Casts can also use some ranger weapons. HUcasts can be used like a ranger with great success due to high ATP and ATA.

Really crappy restas...not so hot.

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 16, 2009, 08:10 AM
Is it too late to vote HUcast? Regenerating HP is perfect for a Hunter. Also, it was the first class I played way back in 2001.

Bearissoslow
Dec 16, 2009, 10:08 AM
There is no such thing as best. Go with what you like more. PSZ is very lenient with these things.

adfsadfasfdafds

IMO, Casts are best for tanking in a party. You should have an obligatory support Force if you want to really see how well he can survive and give out damage. HUmars are better if you prefer going solo most of the time. I ended dropping my level 50 HUmar because he was near useless when in a party, which I didn't really want. HUmars are very sexy if you want someone offline mostly, though.

Evicous
Dec 16, 2009, 02:43 PM
Go HUcast so you can have your damage output actually compete with some of the better characters.

Gorebot
Dec 16, 2009, 02:51 PM
After reading this thread, I'm happy I chose a HuCast. As for traps, If I notice that I might need to heal at the beginning of a room, I set my NPC's to Free Attack, then drop a Heal Trap at the entrance to the room, that way I can run back there if I need to.

Also, I can't count the number of time that passive HP/Regen has saved me that precious second I need to get a dimate off. Scape dolls do not come cheap.

chriscox1121
Dec 16, 2009, 03:08 PM
my opinion=humar because they get techniques and traps are crap (they rhyme for a reason)

actually fire traps own. especially against mother in eternal tower