PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Meh, no beast default clothing for Newmans?

Crystal_Shard
Dec 15, 2009, 09:13 PM
This game hasn't been out for that long, but I daresay there's people who've been blazing through it as fast as they can manage, so this is a question for those people.

Is it possible to use the default outfits for a specific race (except for Cast parts of course) on a character of a different race?

The reason I ask is that, each race/gender gets one unique outfit during character creation, but they can't select the default outfit of another race (in my case, I want ALL my female characters to use either the human or beast defaults, ignoring the newman default). I thought that I'd be able to buy the outfit from the vendor once I got into Clad 6, but lo and behold, I see a wonderful X symbol next to those outfits, although every other outfit doesn't have them.

Now, I'm not sure if it's only because I can't afford it (which would be odd seeing as every other outfit doesn't have this X, and I can't afford those either yet), or if I need some kind of upgrade, or if it's just not possible. It''s certainly technically possible as I can still try it on in the dressing window.

I haven't had too much time with the game yet, so it could be me being n00b-y about this, but it's definitely a disappointment to someone who's come to expect that all the default outfits would be available to all races of a specific gender like the original.

WT_Kail
Dec 15, 2009, 09:17 PM
No, the 3 defaults are race specific.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 15, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hmph, now that really sucks.

Well, I guess the good news is that it's not a technical restriction (since it can be tried on), merely a software one, which could mean DLC down the line or something. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll be possible in the future or that there's an outfit I'll want my characters to use even more.

ashley50
Dec 15, 2009, 10:20 PM
they wouldn't look good on it anyways :)

Crystal_Shard
Dec 15, 2009, 10:38 PM
they wouldn't look good on it anyways :)

I'd agree with you partially on the newman female default outfit, but I happen to think the beast female default outfit is sexier than the other 2, especially on female newmans. ^^ Unless you were referring to another outfit?

landman
Dec 16, 2009, 10:30 AM
I wish we could also choose different faces and not only the restricted ones, my PSU beast is no way the "pretty-face" type, but seriously, the two only choices are too different from my original character...

Amherst_Wind
Dec 16, 2009, 10:35 AM
You can "try" the outfits on in the clothes store, personally the Male Beast design looks terrible on my Male Human (like a certain other Client Order NPC outfit) though the Male Newman looks alright.