PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV Beta

Boxblaster
Dec 16, 2009, 10:37 PM
I've just recently discovered that the sign-ups beta for FFXIV is out now.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/

You will need a Square Enix ID to apply (I created one to sign up myself).

I've had a few difficulties (and not certain my application went through, honestly) due to the server being flooded by applicants.
I'm curious to other's success (or lack of) while signing up.

Also, I must note that if you try making multiple IDs to sign up, you will be no longer eligible for the beta.

Hope to see some of you on the beta when the time comes!

Kent
Dec 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
Already signed up. I can't wait to see what they actually end up doing with this, since we know very little about the game itself.

Mike
Dec 17, 2009, 12:36 AM
I'd love to, except I don't have the computer power to play :cry:

Outrider
Dec 17, 2009, 11:17 AM
I like that they expect everybody who applies to be running a fan site of some sort.

Kent
Dec 17, 2009, 12:22 PM
I like that they expect everybody who applies to be running a fan site of some sort.
I heard that the last option of that question was a mistranslation due to the context, roughly meaning "other or none of the above."

-Crokar-
Dec 17, 2009, 04:03 PM
i applied for it simply bcause i play alot of MMORPGs

Zarode
Dec 17, 2009, 04:41 PM
I signed up, just because I'm curious.

AC9breaker
Dec 18, 2009, 06:09 AM
I signed up, cause Zarode is a cool guy.

Katrina
Dec 18, 2009, 07:32 AM
I haven't signed up, but I'm looking forward to release, and hope it's a game I'll enjoy.

It was nice seeing a few fellow current and older PSO-Worlders I recognized on the Eorzeapedia forums (Kent, Saner, Parn).

Weeaboolits
Dec 18, 2009, 10:04 AM
I hate when they ask how much you plan on playing and then don't give you an "I don't even know" type option, I don't really get onto a game telling myself "I need to play at least 24 this week", I just play when I feel like it until I don't any more.

Kent
Dec 18, 2009, 10:19 AM
I hate when they ask how much you plan on playing and then don't give you an "I don't even know" type option, I don't really get onto a game telling myself "I need to play at least 24 this week", I just play when I feel like it until I don't any more.
The purpose is to gauge what kind of a player you are, and see how much free time you have that you could theoretically dedicate to the game. Being that it's designed to be able to be played for either short or long periods of time, they may want you for when they start up focus testing for certain amounts of available playtime per week.

Weeaboolits
Dec 18, 2009, 10:21 AM
I can understand why they do it, but it still bugs me, since I don't even know.

Freshellent
Dec 18, 2009, 10:22 AM
I signed up, gotta have something to do while I wait for D3 to come out right?

I kid, I've been looking forward to this game.

Epically Leet
Dec 19, 2009, 09:01 AM
Signed up yesterday. Can't wait to see how the game is (if I now get an invite). I played FFIX for like 7 hours (not much at all, indeed). I hope this is similar but better.

Tetsaru
Dec 19, 2009, 01:53 PM
Several of my friends and I signed up for this as well... hope we get a response back soon.

That, and I hope it doesn't take hours just to form a damned party - worst waste of time ever, imo. And I'll be damned if the party has to disband as soon as I finally get there, or if they can't find a WHM/SAM/insert other OP'd or heavily dependent class here. And while we're at it, make it possible for ALL classes to solo. If they fix those problems in the game at least, I'll be happy... that said, I can't wait to play this!

AC9breaker
Dec 19, 2009, 03:58 PM
You know after putting time in to Warhammer online, I realize just how much I took the story elements for granted in FFXI. That said, I would appreciate if they put at least some thought into pvp content. It'll make grinding to get that elite gear all the more worth while.

Kent
Dec 19, 2009, 05:02 PM
That, and I hope it doesn't take hours just to form a damned party - worst waste of time ever, imo. And I'll be damned if the party has to disband as soon as I finally get there, or if they can't find a WHM/SAM/insert other OP'd or heavily dependent class here. And while we're at it, make it possible for ALL classes to solo. If they fix those problems in the game at least, I'll be happy... that said, I can't wait to play this!
If you've been following the interviews about how they're designing Final Fantasy XIV, you'd be glad to know that this paragraph you just said is pretty much what they're specifically not doing with the game.

Content will have pretty much the "party-size" and large-scale battles, as well as small group and solo content for all "levels" of characters.

All classes will be able to fulfill more than one role in a group (thus the reason they're not calling them "jobs" or using traditional Final Fantasy job names), and you'll be able to solo with your character no matter what, though it will no doubt be improved via how the new class system works (you can change classes whenever you're not in a fight, and there will be cross-class abilities to some unspecified effect).

It's been stated that the intention is to take less focus on "this class does X in a group" and make things more along the lines of "this person can do X and Y with the skills they have and abilities they've equipped." The quote, I believe, was that classes only exist as a means of determining what you can equip; what you can actually do is up to the player.

Ellea
Dec 20, 2009, 05:44 AM
I signed up, no problems at all. lol