PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Ranger Weapon?Or Rangers just plain weak???

eXo
Feb 26, 2003, 01:47 AM
Hiya everyone I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me, what the best ranger weapons of each class are for example.What are the best mechguns and as you can tell my next question is are rangers just plain weak when it comes to atp because my RAmar is level 140 and he only does around 250-300 DMG in ultimate mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif with my final impact ouch ....

Tulathis
Feb 26, 2003, 02:46 AM
Let's see... I think that rangers are underrated as a class. Not other class has as good of weapons and the high ata to back them up. Combined with Shifta and maybe Zalure they can potentially do a lot of damage. As far as weapons go there is a lot of choices. With mechguns you can go with L&K14 Combat, which are easy to find and do fair damage with the right percentage, or you can look for something like a Yazminkov 9000M which has great ATP as well as the same range as a rifle. The Guld Milla is extremely powerful but really hard to find. For pistols you have the Red Handgun, Handgun Milla, Handgun Guld (the bomb), Yazminkov 2000H (damn good), Ruby Bullet, and Egg Blaster. They're all good if you're into that sort of thing. I like using rifles for the combination of range, power, and accuracy. If you can find it use a Yazminkov 3000R (excellent), a Frozen Shooter (every ranger should have one), a Holy Ray (if you have high MST), an Ano Rifle, or Anti Android Rifle. It's also useful to carry a shotgun for swarms. Get a Spread Needle if you can find one and if not a Final Impact with a good percentage isn't too bad. If you complete challenge mode you can get a S-Rank Spread which, when fully ground, ends up 30 ATP more powerful than the Final Impact. It's also very important to equip the right mag as a ranger. Make sure you have enough ata to consistantly hit everything with a light first shot and then two hard or special hits. Once you have that put the rest of the mag stats into power and you should do fine. Hope that helps.

eXo
Feb 26, 2003, 03:44 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif yep thanks a zillion this helps me a bunch? so you said that before I shuld ry and use hard and speacial attacks, make sure that I have enough ATA to hit very consistantly with light attacks. and oh boy those weapons sure sound pretty hard to get but I'll keep my fingures crossed 4 it *LOL* thanks again your help was greatly appreciated.

Tulathis
Feb 26, 2003, 03:51 AM
Okay, well I guess it was a lot of information. First and foremost I would advise you to go for a Frozen Shooter. It's relatively easy to find since you only need to go to the Ult Forest. Telepipe until you see a Hildetorr if you are Purplenum, Yellowboze, Whitill, or Greenil. If not maybe you can trade for one.

Zack_Morris
Feb 26, 2003, 05:44 AM
Yeah go with the Froozen shooter, it's an awesome weapon in Ult. Who needs ATP when monsters aren't moving?

PatserGOUKI
Feb 26, 2003, 06:18 AM
Hi,

Well to apply on your question:

Handgun: The RED HANDGUN, YASMINKOV 3000R or the HEAVEN PUNISHER (ultimate gun and coolest gun!!!)
Red gun is ok, 3000R is super power and PUN special is TOP.

Mechguns: the GULDMILLA, i think they are the best, but I never use them... But the GULDMILLA is very hard to get.

Shotgun: SPREAD NEEDLE, YASMINKOV 7000V and FROZEN SHOOTER, I use needle and frozen all the time! The needle is thank god less powerful than in versions be4, but the gun is still good and hit a lot of opponents at one time. The power is still ok, but when u use it, it has to have %. It is good findable, i found 2! Redria ID!!! Frozen is top, but not when u play online, u hit to less opponents, expecially on ult ruisn or seabed!

greetings,

PatserGOUKI

Armok
Feb 26, 2003, 11:41 AM
Hell weopons are great on rangers go for these

Tulathis
Feb 26, 2003, 11:52 AM
Hell weapons are great up to and including very hard. Once you get to Ultimate it's a whole new ballgame. Some of the enemies have a weakness to Hell, but overall it's not too effective. I've used a Hell Sniper with a hit percentage bonus on the forest and sometimes it still took me two or three combos to drop a Bartle. Now compare that to a Frozen Shooter or even a Bravace and it just doesn't seem very practical.

Malecite
Feb 26, 2003, 06:58 PM
Frozen shooter easy to find?

ILL
KILL
YOU

L
O
L

I have spent, God, nearly 5 hours teleping up and down and have seen 2 hildetors. This isn't alot in the grand scale of things but when the first kills me cause im like "What in the hell is that? WHAM Megid - Silence" its annoying. To top it off the second one mocked me by dropping nothing! So im gunning for the third and my sanity is on the line tonight.

eXo
Feb 27, 2003, 05:10 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ouch that has to suck, im sorry to here that I havent ran into him yet to try and get my frozen shooter but when I do lets hope we all get us one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eXo
Feb 27, 2003, 06:32 AM
On 2003-02-27 02:10, eXo wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ouch that has to suck, im sorry to here that I havent ran into him yet to try and get my frozen shooter but when I do lets hope we all get us one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hmmmm well so far still no frozen shooter,but I managed to get my hands on a set of Twin Psychoguns are they any good?

BeatZero
Feb 27, 2003, 08:10 AM
i found some Havoc Vulcans with great percents last night with my lvl 85 RAmar, they arent the best but they work great untill i get my yaz 9ks again.

Malecite
Feb 27, 2003, 10:19 AM
Just be ready when you meet him, if its the forest of sorrow. RUN LIKE HELL FOR THE DOOR. Or they will surround Alicia and he does like 5x the dmg of a normal Hidelt so she dies quickly. After that whatch out for his level 30 megid he spits. In fact the only way I was able to kill him was with freeze/confuse traps. Good luck finding him - muhuhuahaaaaa

Mystil
Feb 27, 2003, 10:59 AM
Hmm, this topic helped me out too since I use a ranger also. Uhm....rifles kinda suck, with the whole, long range but low damage unless close up thing, must be the 'kind' I'm using though. . .

And as for the Hildtorr, hah! You forgot to mention their Megid travels a full screen.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 27, 2003, 04:36 PM
Now here is a topic I relish, because I have either seen or used most rare ranger weapons.

Handgun:
- Heaven Punisher. The special is weak in Ultimate (around 140 - 170, depending on your MST) but you can fire it as fast as a handgun, it never misses, it has handgun range and it hits as many targets as you can see. Just keep pulling that trigger until they all die.

Rifle:
- Yasminkov 3000R for range and power.
- Yasminkov 7000V for a little less range/power with autotarget feature.
- Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen. Insta-freeze...lol.

Shotgun:
- Spread Needle. Weak, but it fires as fast as a rifle and has the same cool-down time, which means you can shoot and run very easily. Get some ATP on yourself, plus a God/Battle if you want, and you can deal out serious damage over a period of time to multiple targets. Like the Heaven Punisher, keep shooting until they die. The special is still very useful even in Ultimate online.

Bazooka:
All the bazookas suck in Ultimate. You will miss far too many times :<

Photon Launcher:
- Red Scorpio. Pretty good ATP...really useful on bosses like Dal Ral Lie, or the Dragon.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 27, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-02-27 07:59, Silhouette wrote:
Hmm, this topic helped me out too since I use a ranger also. Uhm....rifles kinda suck, with the whole, long range but low damage unless close up thing, must be the 'kind' I'm using though. . .

And as for the Hildtorr, hah! You forgot to mention their Megid travels a full screen.

You also forgot to mention that their megid can pass through walls and enter the next room. . .