PDA

View Full Version : Xbox xbox pso question

HaydenX
Dec 17, 2009, 09:38 AM
I was wondering if pso ep I & II is playable (offline) on a 360 (Compatible?)
Thanks.

NegaTsukasa
Dec 17, 2009, 01:47 PM
The Xbox Versions only had an online only function sadly. same with the playstation 2.
( I learned this the hard way at a local arcade a while back.) DC, I am not so sure of since I didn't own PSO for DC. GC, to my knowledge, was the only offline compatable version.

Xbox is Xbox, so chances are no, its not playable. unless there is some private server for Xbox, this is all I can tell you.

Freeze
Dec 17, 2009, 04:09 PM
Xbox did have an offline mode and an offline mutliplayer splitscreen mode. It require you to have a Gamer Tag even if it wasn't active. No it's not 360 compatible and no one has managed to make a private server for it because of the xbl content in the programing of the game. In fact Blue Burst is the only online only PSO game out there. All other versions included offline and online modes.

HaydenX
Dec 18, 2009, 11:51 AM
Thank you for your answers. It almost makes me wish I still had an original Xbox. I already have V2. for the DC, but the split-screen and other things made me want the Xbox version. I suppose they wouldn't bother because of the whole PSU thing so um yeah. Oh, well...really all I wanted was something to play while my brother is taking his turn on PSU (PC).

Evicous
Dec 18, 2009, 01:28 PM
You could always buy the GC version and a gamecube. Could cost about $100 to set up online mode, but offline would only cost around $50 (20 for the gamecube 30 for PSOGC)

NegaTsukasa
Dec 18, 2009, 01:47 PM
Xbox did have an offline mode and an offline mutliplayer splitscreen mode. It require you to have a Gamer Tag even if it wasn't active. No it's not 360 compatible and no one has managed to make a private server for it because of the xbl content in the programing of the game. In fact Blue Burst is the only online only PSO game out there. All other versions included offline and online modes.

hmmm. thats news to me.
well I usually hear 50-50 in the matter. some say it had offline, others say it didn't.
I'd just have to play them on the system again to verify it myself.

I thought they didn't have offline because Xbox and playstation 2 didn't have four controller ports. and the multiplayer was programed up to four players offline?

You could always buy the GC version and a gamecube. Could cost about $100 to set up online mode, but offline would only cost around $50 (20 for the gamecube 30 for PSOGC)

the 100 dollars depends on what you got. Modems cost more than broadbands for GC.
but ya, its around that price range.

modems and broadbands are very rare to find on a store shelf though. so buying one online is your best bet.
speaking of the rare broadband and modem. I actually saw one on the shelf at a game stop up in Chicago a year back. that was somethin.

EvilMag
Dec 20, 2009, 10:29 AM
I do have a question about Xbox, iirc it said it had online splitscreen (where you can go online with 2-4 people) did it have it?

About the BBA, I saw my gamestop selling BBAs for around $5 last year.

Freeze
Dec 20, 2009, 05:18 PM
hmmm. thats news to me.
well I usually hear 50-50 in the matter. some say it had offline, others say it didn't.
I'd just have to play them on the system again to verify it myself.

I thought they didn't have offline because Xbox and playstation 2 didn't have four controller ports. and the multiplayer was programed up to four players offline?

The xbox does have four controller ports. Many of the games had four player split screen modes. PSO and Nightfire were the only games that I encountered slowdown when you had four players on, it kind of sucked but I heard it was a programing error in the games.

I do have a question about Xbox, iirc it said it had online splitscreen (where you can go online with 2-4 people) did it have it?

About the BBA, I saw my gamestop selling BBAs for around $5 last year.

Split screen was offline only, online was single player.

kevlar_pso
Dec 21, 2009, 08:51 PM
I wish I wasn't too busy with Christmas stuff to set up my Xbox to play PSO. (=^[