PDA

View Full Version : Arena!?

Gorebot
Dec 18, 2009, 05:34 PM
So there I was, trucking along in the Wetlands, when I notice on the minimap that there is a portal.

Knowing full well that the boss was yet to come, and the entrance to the zone was far behind, I was curious as to where exactly this portal lead.

There happened to be a message box next to the entrance, inviting me to participate in some sort of arena. Well, being the curious HuCast that I am, I excitedly plunged down the rabbit hole.

I found myself in an arena, surrounded by hungry fans on the edges of their seats, screaming in anticipation, watching my every move.

Then I killed 3 waves of those annoying giant birds, and all I got were 4 Photon Drops, and 2 Swift Materials, on top of random weapons and armors.

Anyone else run across something like this? I did it on Hard.

TLDR, Found a random portal in Wetlands, that lead to a mini-arena of sorts that left me with a lackluster reward.

Java378
Dec 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, those arenas seem to pop up a lot. Especially when I finish off enemies quickly.

Weeaboolits
Dec 18, 2009, 06:08 PM
You get the "mini-boss" type enemy of the current area in groups, with a boosted rare variant rate, rewards are just whatever it happened to drop, you got unlucky.

Dragwind
Dec 18, 2009, 06:11 PM
You found a rare instance with some buffed enemies. Doesn't seem to happen often.

mid Knight
Dec 18, 2009, 06:32 PM
Been there done that although I get a strong feeling that the crowds were laughing and enjoying at my cowardliness running away from the hellions since this was my first time in the arena and my character was below the levels to handle them.

StaticWings19
Dec 18, 2009, 06:57 PM
they arnt terribly uncommon, ive already done 2 in the wetlands 1 in the vally and i think 1 in the snowfields (or i could just be stupid) all on normal. sure its not marvelous but i like them. its like an extra boost of exp, some extra mag fodder, and some rare stuff just fell into my lap! ^_^

(even tho they arn't that rare i still concider PDs and materials to be rare cause they were fairly sparse in PSO)

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 18, 2009, 07:21 PM
They seem pretty common to me. I just think of them as more EXP. :)

lavisblade
Dec 18, 2009, 07:24 PM
The first (and so far only T.T) arena I found gave me the first pelcatobur (once again only, but I found 2 there) so I'm always looking for it...can you find the arena in any level? Or just certain ones like the pizza and cake shops?

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 18, 2009, 07:34 PM
I believe you can find it anywhere. Online or off, Quest or Field. I'm almost positive I've come across at least one in every area, but I'm not sure about The Dark Shrine.

Google
Dec 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
I find them occasionally but only in the Wetlands, Snowfield and Valley. I've wondered if you can find them in the other areas.

Shadow27
Dec 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
I have only found an Arena in Gurhacia Valley and Makara Ruins.

Ice Sniper
Dec 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
I can vouch for the Arena in Gurhacia Valley, Rioh Snowfield, Ozzette Wetlands and Paru because I have found these multiple times. I actually find that arenas are fairly common or mabye im just lucky ^^.

Anti-Phoenix
Dec 18, 2009, 11:54 PM
I found the arena in Ozette Wetlands and Arca Plant. I swear I don't want to go to the arena in Arca Plant

SonicX580
Dec 19, 2009, 12:28 AM
I found arena's in every level Gurhacia valley, Ozzete Wetlands, Rioh Snowfields, Paru, Makara Ruins, Arca Plant and Dark Shrine. All I can say for Arca Plant, and Dark Shrine is very challenging I found them on the field also how come most of my findings are just normal photon droppings and materials? although I do like the Scape Doll findings.

Hatrix
Dec 19, 2009, 12:29 AM
I've only found the arena a few times, In the Valley And Dark Shrine (You can find them in any field!!) unlike the Cake Shop, Valley and Wetlands only, and Coco Hut is Arca Plant and Dark Shrine only.

FOrulz
Dec 19, 2009, 12:30 AM
I found the arena in Ozette Wetlands and Arca Plant. I swear I don't want to go to the arena in Arca Plant

(shivers at the thought of multiple arkeinz)

SonicX580
Dec 19, 2009, 12:41 AM
I've only found the arena a few times, In the Valley And Dark Shrine (You can find them in any field!!) unlike the Cake Shop, Valley and Wetlands only, and Coco Hut is Arca Plant and Dark Shrine only.

I agree with you I don't want to ever go into the Arca plant I had to fight 4 ArkeinzR with the orginal one on my own which was not a good time for me.

Hatrix
Dec 19, 2009, 01:00 AM
Seems kind of odd that the rare Arkzein variation is missing it's missile launcher, the description says its a prototype. you would think the rare one would be a tougher fight but his only advantage would be his HP