PDA

View Full Version : PSO soon to be a part of my Life again on 7th March on GC af

Harmone
Feb 26, 2003, 09:34 AM
Well its been over a year since I was running about in the lobbys on PSO. I brought the Dc version the day it was released and it took me three days to get online but when I did I was online at every spare moment. In them days DC did not have the dreamkey where you could chose your ISP so you had to play via there ISP which cost (you were charge local rate call) I remeber my first phone bill for the first month I had PSO was £150.... Then Ver2 was released with the dreakey disk where you could change your ISP which I did and played the game to death... Then the biggest disaster of My gamming life happened... My DC broke and the three different characters I had spent months of work on became usules as I could not play with them on a nother DC... I must admitb towards the end of my PSO days the hackers and cheaters were runing everything and even people who I had formed close online friendships with were cheating and I could of easrly satrted the game again with new characters and cheated and brought there levels up as well as maxed out all the mags but thats just not me so I decided to hang up my Spread Needle until a new version of the game was released on another format.... Now I have just read the news that GC will be releasing PSO on the 7th March with a modem I cant wait and hope to see many of my old friends online (if they have a GC that is)... Well guys n Girls hope to be a part of these forums again now and look forward to meeting a new clan and hope theres no HACKERS on the Pal GC version....

Signing out.... Harmone ....

Buuyon
Feb 26, 2003, 09:55 AM
Ummm...PSO was realased on October 28th 2002...

rena-ko
Feb 26, 2003, 09:56 AM
um.. maybe he speaks about the pal-release?

Xaveria
Feb 26, 2003, 10:00 AM
yup, pal version out 7th march http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fanatic72802
Feb 26, 2003, 12:35 PM
Rar to that!
Lots of new peoples from overseas! Yay! to play with! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Redleaf
Feb 26, 2003, 12:57 PM
Same here, played a lot on DC, but had to stop thanks to heavy loaded schedule... but i'll be back soon with the GC PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (oh my God there goes my social lifec once again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Harmone
Feb 26, 2003, 01:19 PM
Yes I am talking about the Pal version, Us Europeans have to wait until last for everything... Cant wait thoe... Back to forset and Caves and nothing beats the Gamming buzz of playing with fello team mates from around the world on PSO... March 7th Roll on... Rappy hunting time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Buuyon
Feb 26, 2003, 01:31 PM
Hey dont you guys get a KB to?

Redleaf
Feb 26, 2003, 01:37 PM
Well getting a keyboard sure would be nice... i used one on DC and it was way more easier to chat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Well, i don't think i'll get the ascii keyboard, too expensive just for one game (then again i bought the NGC+extra pad+RGB Cable+Mem card already only for PSO...) but i'll look for the adapter at ebay... sounds sweet and all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tekershee
Feb 26, 2003, 02:08 PM
NGC, a magazine in UK said that there are plans to
release the keyboard in May and in UK only.

Me too would be joining the PSO life again soon.

Deadlyfingertips
Feb 26, 2003, 02:40 PM
Hey Harmone I am also from the UK and I will be getting PSO the day its out over here in fact I am even going to camp outside of game where I have pre-ordered it a few hours before the store is open.

(over kill I know but hey I NEED PSO being cold turkey for over a year can do funny things to one's mind lol)

So if you feel like it I will be on-line from 6pm from the 7th onwards and all day at the weekends. feel free pm me or email me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deadlyfingertips on 2003-02-26 14:02 ]</font>

Primrose
Feb 26, 2003, 03:48 PM
i still can remember the first time i played PSO on the DC, my first character was a FOmarl, as i love magic users, but i just kept dying and i thought this game was so hard...
i wasnt so impressed actually, around the time PSO was released in europe, grandia 2 was also released, and i remember me not playing PSO much. but then, i finished grandia 2, and started again with PSO.
i still wasnt so impressed, i thought it was a good game and all, but not worth all the hype. but i was really blown away when i had my first online experience. i was in caves, playing with 2 guys, and PSO was like so new, that we did De Rol for the first time, hell i was lv 26 they were like somewhere around 20 and were both hunters, but did we make it? no! but it was hell of a fun, because de DC was the first online console, PSO being my first online game, and wow... making friends, trading, collect game experience with all the friends, and especially, finding the rares. but then came the disaster: cheaters. and that really spoils it all. the magical pieces, psycho wands, lavis cannons, chain sawds and all the rares we were looking for so hardly, were duped and were given to anybody who would pick it up, and the rares werent half as precious as they used to be.
i was pissed, deeply pissed, since i was one of the only legit players in the world of PSO, but then, it began to do lots of fun again when i found legit friends, and it was with them that i played untill my eyes were about to pop out uf my head...
i by the way erased my FOmarl, and did a FOnewearl, since they are the ultimate technique casters. shes called primrose.
yes, its true, we europeans always are the last to get the games, and its quite frustrating sometimes... i remember waiting for the Pal version of PSO v2, and while almost crying while looking at these awesome pics of new rares and enemies i new, i wont be able to play it, because no one wanted to release it here. PSO v2 was released when the DC was doomed, dead, finished. (and i still feel sad about the fact that sega wont do any consoles anymore)
i think big ben was the one who made our dreams come true (in europe), since they took care of all matters sega in europe, after sega anounced its death. so after all this waiting, and all this uncertainity, it did came out, i my heart was filled with joy, as it is now, to know that xbos will get a version of this fantastic game, as well as the game being released in europe for the gamecube on the 7. march. im really looking forward to it.
im somewhat sad that i have to start a new character, or lets say, im sad that i have to say goodbye to primrose...
but i guess my sadness will quickly disappear when i get my hands on the game, that seems quite promising from what ive heard. but i actually dont worry about that, i know sonic team did a good job here, and found a way better balance than on the original PSO, where forces were... not of a big use, and in my opinion, i think sonic team did the right decision in removing the state/meintenance, because that was just cheap, it was too good!
oh well, i wrote enough, i guess ill see you guys on one of the european ships one day. im going to be posting in this forum from time to time to help you guys out, since the world of PSO (excluding the hackers) is a fantastic world of players that hold together, and thats what makes it so special.

Deadlyfingertips
Feb 26, 2003, 04:55 PM
Well as they say alls well that ends well or something like that so if you ever feel like bring Primrose back from the 'dead' I am more than happy to help you as I will be doing the same with my old char from back in the DCver1 days Anthony that is...well at anyrate see ya on march the 7th!

Mystil
Feb 27, 2003, 02:52 AM
Well congrats. I can relate to you in full on that. As it's been a (2) years since I roamed the lobbies. Don't get over anxious if you can help it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zolpner
Feb 27, 2003, 02:58 AM
^_^
hopfully it does comeout here at same time (like news thingi says)
then ill have it on the 8th (shipping from Auckland-New Zealand-NORTH ISLAND(im on south))

^_^ ^-^ ^_^ ^-^ ^_^ ^-^ ^_^ ^-^ ^_^