PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play the first Etrian Oddysey? If so...

Reksanden
Dec 19, 2009, 11:33 AM
HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET PAST THAT FREIKIN' PART OF THE 4TH STRATUM??? I mean, theres like 20 FOEs and they all swarm you when you fight them. I killed 4 or 5 before getting overwhelmed. You fight one for a few turns, then they notice and attack you, WHILE YOUR FIGHTING THE OTHERS!!!

Ceresa
Dec 19, 2009, 11:45 AM
That floor rocks, PL'd to like 65 from there before getting bored.

Just use immunize and the mp recovery song.

Randomness
Dec 19, 2009, 12:11 PM
Well, level some. Also, you can clear the floor bit by bit, FOEs take like 5 days to respawn.

Do not attack the boss until they're all dead though... as I recall, it will immediately revive.

Immunize is a must. Troubadour's MP regeneration song will work well if you can't kill one before the next joins... though if that's the case, you probably won't beat the boss.

Been a while since I played 1. Never got past 27/28 or so. Am at 30 on II, need to level a protector up for the boss. (Having beaten all the dragons already)

Rust
Dec 19, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'll try out with my team and tell you, I actually stopped right at that floor several months ago, not because it seemed difficult (I can kill the FOE in there in about one or two turns, so it shouldn't be too difficult compared to the chore that was the Antlion Queen Nest), but because killing all the FOE looked incredibly boring and I didn't have the motivation to do that.

I can confirm you gotta kill all of them before trying to take on the boss though, or he'll instantly revive.

Randomness
Dec 19, 2009, 02:51 PM
I recommend a Ronin with Midareba and a good alchemist for damage output. Medic for immunize, and then pick two other frontliners. Landsknecht's All-slash is good for groups, but this isn't a group situation.

Kotor
Dec 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
Heh my friend had that game and couldnt get past floor one, she let me borrow it for a week and i just got done killing the AntQueen. She let me borrow it till next summer. (Havnt played in 4 ever) Last time I played i was lost somewhere in old shingecu or how ever you spell it, where you fight the Ronin and Hexer ppl.... Heheh.... I suk at it but i want the Shwaltwets version of the series. That looks easy

Reksanden
Dec 25, 2009, 09:56 AM
Well, level some. Also, you can clear the floor bit by bit, FOEs take like 5 days to respawn.

Do not attack the boss until they're all dead though... as I recall, it will immediately revive.

Immunize is a must. Troubadour's MP regeneration song will work well if you can't kill one before the next joins... though if that's the case, you probably won't beat the boss.

Been a while since I played 1. Never got past 27/28 or so. Am at 30 on II, need to level a protector up for the boss. (Having beaten all the dragons already)

Well, if I remember right, all my characters SHOULD be the same level(50 or so) except my ronin, who is about lvl 42. I didn't explain properly. I can kill one of the FOEs in 3 turns, but then when I fight another....

Anyway, my group now is:
Protector, Ronin,
Alchemist,Healer,Troubadour(did i spell that right?)
EDIT: no, I didn't.