PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Bringing a RAmar(l)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 26, 2003, 02:18 PM
It's a bad idea to be a RAmar(l) in challenge mode! =^_^=

People will not want to join a team that has a RAmar(l). So, if you join a team and there is room left for others, you have likely doomed that team into not being able to start the game! That is, if the team hasn't kicked you out or ditched you in the first few minutes.

The RAmar(l) classes are too weak for beginners. High-damage monsters, such as garanz, belra, and c-bringers will kill beginners who do not scan the entire room for danger.

Pick HUcaseal, or die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

Whatley
Feb 26, 2003, 02:23 PM
It might be bad for beginners but not for experienced players who have played as a Ramar(l) for a long time.

Sedyne
Feb 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
I just think all rangers except RAcast/Caseals are USELESS in Challange Mode period.

HUcaseals definitly take the cake for best C mode Character. I don't care what you say, three hucaseals and a FO completley pwn c mode.

gallaugher
Feb 26, 2003, 02:31 PM
my first run EVER through c-mode was with a RAmarl. We did 1 & 2 successfully. While you certainly have valid points, as a noob, I survived the first 2 stages.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 26, 2003, 02:36 PM
My RAmarl is a Gi-EI.

Note that the only reason she's not Bu-EI is because of the glitch.

GandorDurin
Feb 26, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-02-26 11:36, TeamPhalanx wrote:
My RAmarl is a Gi-EI.

Note that the only reason she's not Bu-EI is because of the glitch.

Which glitch? The tech one, the "becoming a challenge mode character" one, or the material one? ;P

IronKnight
Feb 26, 2003, 02:55 PM
Don't diss what you don't understand. RAmar is the best character ever. Dare to compare.

Sircharlie
Feb 26, 2003, 02:57 PM
i have a RAmarl that has completed cmode.

Khaotika
Feb 26, 2003, 04:11 PM
Yah-huh.

*points to sig*

Pretty good times on c1-7 too. =o

-Khao

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 26, 2003, 04:21 PM
Any char is good for C mode as long as you know what you are doing.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 26, 2003, 05:08 PM
And if you don't know what you're doing, don't pick RAmar(l) X3.

Sedyne
Feb 26, 2003, 05:53 PM
On 2003-02-26 11:55, IronKnight wrote:
Don't diss what you don't understand. RAmar is the best character ever. Dare to compare.

Haha. No it's not. Obviously the best overall character is n00bHUmar because thats what everyone chooses. If it wasn't then n00bs wouldn't choose em! well thats my take anyway lol!

IziX5izi
Feb 26, 2003, 06:14 PM
..o.o..I've never tried a Ramarl,nor have tried challenge mode..=O So I wouldn't know..o-o so far I've only used a HUmar..x.X..please dont call me a 'n00b'@_@ I've used a HUmar since v1

Tulathis
Feb 26, 2003, 06:43 PM
I agree, everybody always bitches when a Ranger joins the team, until they get to Challenge 5 and 6. Then they're all like "we should have had a ranger in the group to shoot down the damn floating robots."

Here's something we used to do. Have a hunter switch mags with a ranger during the first couple of challenges. It will allow your ranger to do more damage and at the same time allow your hunter to use a handgun much sooner than he would have been able to otherwise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J-3PO on 2003-02-26 15:44 ]</font>

Legolas07
Feb 26, 2003, 06:52 PM
*cough* Rangers are fine in cmode. As a matter o fact, I played with 4 ppl from here on my RAmar today. Hes beaten all the challanges except for the last one cuz of that lsod crap.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 26, 2003, 08:45 PM
RAnger are... well, a gamble really.

With a RAnger, you're relying totally on the weapons you find. C 2 & 3 is a cake walk with a RAnger and a dim rifle. Likewise, C 7 & 8 are pretty funny if you find a handgun/rifle that can paralyze.

As for C 5 & 6, they're not as valuable as they once were, since androids can use the damage trap if they don't have a gun.

Blue147
Feb 26, 2003, 09:03 PM
On 2003-02-26 14:53, SeanX930 wrote:

Haha. No it's not. Obviously the best overall character is n00bHUmar because thats what everyone chooses. If it wasn't then n00bs wouldn't choose em! well thats my take anyway lol!

[/quote]

so your say the humar is for noobs,thats not a very far assumption.so it make me a noob because i think humars look cool and i want to use one even though i've play pso from day one for on the dc and i have three other char all over lvl 50.right ok well every one has thier own opinion.

as for rangers in cmode,i would have one on my team. my best cmode teams so far have been two hunters a ranger and a force and i get through cmode farely well.

Gartywood
Feb 26, 2003, 10:32 PM
On 2003-02-26 18:03, Blue147 wrote:

On 2003-02-26 14:53, SeanX930 wrote:

so your say the humar is for noobs,thats not a very far assumption.so it make me a noob because i think humars look cool and i want to use one even though i've play pso from day one for on the dc and i have three other char all over lvl 50.right ok well every one has thier own opinion.

as for rangers in cmode,i would have one on my team. my best cmode teams so far have been two hunters a ranger and a force and i get through cmode farely well.

[/quote]

You aren't getting the full effect of PSO if you only have one character no matter what it is. The HUmar is over used and its over used for a couple of reasons...the game says to start with a hunter cuz its easy it also says that the Humar is the best for beginers and its the default char adn he's male so the majority of guys playing pso will choose him over the superior hunewearl

CajunSamurai
Feb 27, 2003, 12:44 AM
Pick HUcaseal, or die Amen, brutha! Praise tha' LAWWWWWD! WHOOOOO!
I'm only gonna run two classes through C mode until I get bored of using them: HUcaseal and FOnewearl. Gonna make a second HUcaseal tonight, most likely. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Celes152
Feb 27, 2003, 11:13 AM
Thing is, on Dc v.2(I assume it's the same now) with their basic Lockgun, they did 0 damage to the second Vol Opt form..

Mystil
Feb 27, 2003, 11:42 AM
On 2003-02-26 11:23, Whatley wrote:
It might be bad for beginners but not for experienced players who have played as a Ramar(l) for a long time.

Or old school PSO players who can easily adapt to any character. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Me has RAmarl, me will go in Cmode. Me will(get ass kicked) kick ass(probably)

Ranger_Larry
Feb 27, 2003, 05:03 PM
I've just tested my lv. 152 Ramars power with a powermag and my Yasminkov 3000. (so my atp was maxed) The enemies melt away pretty quickly, and all I have to do is twitch the thumbstick a little and I can instantly be shooting another enemy across the room, he'll be dead by the time you Humar's get up to him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Low level ramars are tough to play with, but high level ramars OWN. Oh by the way, we can use Frozen Shooters, taking away the advantage of the Force to freeze things....can also use Shift/Deband and equal a Racasts power......HP isn't bad on a ramar either, above average.

C-mode is of little use to a ramar that has a spread needle and a Yaz, the s rank shots and rifles are inferior. I won't be wasting my time with the "C-MODE SNOBS." (The ones that won't play with Ramars/marls)

Cloak
Feb 27, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-02-27 14:03, Ranger_Larry wrote:
I've just tested my lv. 152 Ramars power with a powermag and my Yasminkov 3000. (so my atp was maxed) The enemies melt away pretty quickly, and all I have to do is twitch the thumbstick a little and I can instantly be shooting another enemy across the room, he'll be dead by the time you Humar's get up to him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Low level ramars are tough to play with, but high level ramars OWN. Oh by the way, we can use Frozen Shooters, taking away the advantage of the Force to freeze things....can also use Shift/Deband and equal a Racasts power......HP isn't bad on a ramar either, above average.

C-mode is of little use to a ramar that has a spread needle and a Yaz, the s rank shots and rifles are inferior. I won't be wasting my time with the "C-MODE SNOBS." (The ones that won't play with Ramars/marls)

Yeah, great, take away all those fuckin' dupes and see how great he is. And this topic is about c-mode, not how many dupes your RAmar can switch through in 10 seconds.