PDA

View Full Version : I just sent the most epic inquery to Play-Asia

Cranberry
Dec 22, 2009, 11:53 AM
I ordered a soundtrack from them earlier this month, and they still haven't shipped it. Seeing that there's no chance of it arriving in time for Christmas, I finally decided to contact them about it. This is the inquery I sent to them.

-----------
This order was placed on December 1st. Why has it not been shipped yet? It has been in "preparing order" status for a long time now. What is the reason for the delay?

Additionally, the Seattle Seahawks have 5 Wins and 9 Losses this year. What changes does the team need to make in order to become a more competative and competant team next season? Can Matt Hasselbeck turn things around in the next game after giving up 5 turnovers on Sunday?

~Cranberry
-------------

I can't wait to get their responds.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm sure they might stock some foosball games, besides the backordered forever Soccer on Saturn stuff historical data links.

It'll be fun if they ship you a Region NA - NFL game that's sitting around their warehouse collecting dust.

What exactly was the "in stock or not status" when you put your plastic card down to hold your money forevermore? If they can hold that against you, they never had any in the first place or didn't get their stock in yet - still taking orders though - they most certainly will.

Cranberry
Dec 22, 2009, 11:59 AM
This is what I ordered.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-49-en-70-84w.html

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 01:10 PM
$32 for that thing!? Jeez.
That's a lot for ANY CD.

Outrider
Dec 22, 2009, 01:33 PM
I agree, but man, the original Crystal Chronicles had a great soundtrack.

(Not sure if it's $32 great, but still great.)

Weeaboolits
Dec 22, 2009, 01:55 PM
This reminds me of the watch I ordered last month that despite the fact they have it listed as having been shipped on the 22nd of last month, still has not been delivered, nor is it at the post office (I actually just got home from going down to the post office to ask if they had maybe forgot to send me notification that there was a package to be picked up, but it wasn't the case). My message to the seller wasn't as amusing as yours, though.

Split
Dec 22, 2009, 04:54 PM
O my effing lawl..reminds me of 3:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaGWOjxLYuA&feature=related

Crystal Chronicles orig...would've been a great game if it'd given people the option to just use regular controllers/have AI controlled party members in multiplayer. The opening song is unbelievable...

Cranberry
Dec 22, 2009, 10:05 PM
If you think that's expensive, than look at the other CD I ordered. I ordered it on November 18th and finally received it on December 18th. Yeah, it took a full month for them to get it to me. The price is rather high, but it is a 4 disk soundtrack with a whopping 96 tracks. The prices are higher because it's a Japanese import. Import CDs are typically going to be more expensive than one you'd buy at a store.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-49-en-70-38ej.html

To me, nothing is more important than my integrity, I feel very strongly about that. I'm very much against pirating, so I legally buy all of my soundtracks, even the extremely hard to get ones.

This is my current collection, all purchased from either Play-Asia, Amazon, or Ebay:

Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Songs of Ragol Odyssey
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Premium Arrange
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 Let the Winds Blow
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode IV (this one cost me $100 off ebay)
StarFox (Super NES game soundtrack, quite rare and somewhat pricey)
Eternal Arcadia (Skies of Arcadia soundtrack)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Phantasy Star Zero
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

The Blue Burst one is extremely rare. I've only ever seen it on Ebay once, so I quickly hit "Buy it Now" despite the high price. It was the last one I needed to complete my PSO collection of soundtracks. I might be the only girl in the US to own the actual CD for every PSO soundtrack.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Dec 22, 2009, 10:09 PM
Nice buys. I only have a few soundtrack cds.

Sayara
Dec 22, 2009, 11:39 PM
Reminds me of my adventures with PlayAsia

Im not really mad, but more amused by this outcome.

so back on 12/27 i placed this an order on Playasia.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/fail1.jpg

so.. i waited some time and wondered whats goin on.
a 2nd email arrives on the 9th
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/fail2.jpg

Ok, the 9th, so 3-5 days would be like.. the 15? or 16?
nah.

It came on the 20TH !!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/fail3.jpg
so here you go folks. Playasia. almost a month delivery service. Remind me to buy my christmas gifts.... in April or something fuck

Outrider
Dec 23, 2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah, when I've ordered stuff off of Play-Asia, it usually takes a while.

I just always figure that an import store is going to take longer to ship based on any number of variables.

Cranberry
Dec 23, 2009, 12:13 PM
Dear Cranberry,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com. I am very sorry for the delay in shipping your order. There is a suddendelay in restocking. We are checking with our supplier for the restock. We will try to get the stock and ship your order as soon as possible. If there are any news, we will contact you. For the time being, we kindlyrequest for your patience. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Michelle
Play-Asia.com

---------------

That's dissapointing. They didn't say a word about the Seahawks. It looks like a rather scripted reply. Somehow I doubt her name is actually "Michelle" though, given they are located in Asia and stuff.

Outrider
Dec 23, 2009, 01:05 PM
Dear Cranberry,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com. I am very sorry for the delay in shipping your order. There is a suddendelay in restocking. We are checking with our supplier for the restock. We will try to get the stock and ship your order as soon as possible. If there are any news, we will contact you. For the time being, we kindlyrequest for your patience. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Michelle
Play-Asia.com

---------------

That's dissapointing. They didn't say a word about the Seahawks. It looks like a rather scripted reply. Somehow I doubt her name is actually "Michelle" though, given they are located in Asia and stuff.

Is the business itself headquartered in Asia? I assumed that the main office would be in the US (as they seem to cater mostly to a US audience) and then they have distributors or warehouses over there.

Cranberry
Dec 28, 2009, 11:13 AM
I just today got the notification that my item has been shipped. I'll probably have it in about 2 weeks. It'll be more than a month after I ordered it. The sale that was on it has ended, but at least they still honored the sale price as they didn't charge my card until today.

Cranberry
Jan 4, 2010, 09:46 PM
For anyone interested, the Crystal Chronicles soundtrack arrived today. Original order date: 12/1/2009

Received: 1/4/2010