PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Forces/PP Recovery in PS:P2

Wash
Dec 22, 2009, 12:36 PM
I've been wondering how does, say, a female newman do in regards to melee damage and PP recovery with the new system of recharging PP? I know melee attacks charge it quicker, so how does such a weak character (physically and defensively I mean) do when their PP is low? I ask this for forces in general, but I am mainly interested in newmans (females in particular because I like the TP and EVP). Do techs drain PP so slowly that you rarely have to resort to melee, or do you forces find yourself switching to physical attacks?

Pillan
Dec 22, 2009, 03:04 PM
From my short experience with techs, I can say that basic techs drain PP very slowly between the low cost and the slow cast time, allowing you to generally finish off the enemy group long before your PP is gone. However, more advanced techs have a huge PP drain, so you can easily burn out your PP using Ra-techs or even standard Megid.

PP recovery from Exact Attacks with melee weapons is independent of race and class, so Newman's low ATP isn't an issue there. The only thing you have to worry about is Newman and Force's naturally low HP and DFP, which can be a pain when you're that close to the enemy. Alternatively, you can always sit back and wait a few seconds for your PP to be back up enough to start casting again.

I'd recommend trying out a Wand/Shield or Wand/R-Mag combination if you don't want to get close. That way you can wait a moment and just tap R to block the enemy and/or deal damage while your PP is picking back up.

xizsec01
Dec 23, 2009, 02:38 AM
you can equip ability PPリストレイト(PP Restoration) that come at lv25 Braver and use 2 slot of ability customize

I play FOneweal too and I think damage of tech is much lower than before
but it has every element for you to use against every enemy

I use rod and long bow and try to keep distance from enemy by dodging
high damage of rod will save your PP usage

RemiusTA
Dec 25, 2009, 03:16 PM
you can equip ability PPリストレイト(PP Restoration) that come at lv25 Braver and use 2 slot of ability customize

I play FOneweal too and I think damage of tech is much lower than before
but it has every element for you to use against every enemy

I use rod and long bow and try to keep distance from enemy by dodging
high damage of rod will save your PP usage

I disagree, Technic damage is no longer huge numbers, but in proportion to the rest of the damage in the game, its actually far higher. Technic users get the absolute most out of the chain system, as their damage past a 3 chain usually is about triple its normal strength, and anything past that is just retarded.

Add in the fact they can now hit multiple hitboxes (and better than anyone else mind you, Gi- technics are retardedly powerful now), and Forces can drop enemies mighty quickly.

The only issue is getting chains up without running out of PP to finish them off / not missing them. In which case yeah, they have issues. But ive found that if your getting pelted with attacks and not able to get chains up, just Nuking them with quick spells at base damage will still do equal damage to a hunter/ranger doing the same thing.

Forces have been greatly improved on this game, i must say. Has anyone USED Damgrants? Its shit powerful.

Volcompat321
Dec 25, 2009, 03:26 PM
Add in the fact they can now hit multiple hitboxes (and better than anyone else mind you

My Knuckles disagrees with you.
Seriously, I hit like 4 boxes, multiple times. Most I've gotten with my (low level) force was 3, with a 21+ tech, and ran out of PP after the 3rd or 4th hit.

RemiusTA
Dec 25, 2009, 05:54 PM
Well, Gi- technics always hit 6 targets/hitboxes. Ra technics hit a minimum of 3, and i assume on this game gain more as they improve. I dont have a decent level hunter/braver, so i cant really say, but im almost positive that a force will outdamage you, even while taking into consideration the multiple hits your Photon Arts will get. 3 chained Finisher technics vs. 1 full chained Photon Art. Also, Photon Arts have block rates and evasion to worry about. Chained Technic damage is quite formidable on this game.

Besides, what on earth could you possibly be hitting with 4 hitboxes on this game shy of a boss?

Volcompat321
Dec 25, 2009, 06:21 PM
Well,I didn't mean 4 hit boxes on one creature, I meant 4 different creatures, multiple times.
Sorry for the confusion. :p
I'll put up pictures of what I mean, and then I'll put pics up of the Ra techs.

Pillan
Dec 25, 2009, 07:07 PM
Chained anything is very high damage and Hunters have swords, double sabers, axes, and whips that can hit just as many targets with ease, just to name the obvious ones. And don't forget that a full skill combo is at least 3 hits while a full tech combo is at most 3 hits. I'd be very surprised if Force could outperform Hunter on a normal basis.

That being said, pretty much every tech's attack modifier except the Gi-series was reduced in this game and the TP stat has been reduced relative to the ATP stat. But I'm assuming the new weapon element system, the chain casting, and the other alterations make it still out damage Ranger. (You should also consider that Skills and Bullets are also much weaker than their PSU equivalents.)