PDA

View Full Version : PC Can't choose screen size!

LK1721
Dec 22, 2009, 05:29 PM
PSU's options won't let me choose my screen size in the drop down box. And since it is totally blank and won't let me pick...I can't edit anything else.

Images For convenience!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/SnowWolf223/PSUscreensize.png?t=1261520846[/SPOILER-BOX]

Thank you!

Dragwind
Dec 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
Well that's odd. Did you try installing the DirectX version from the disc?

LK1721
Dec 22, 2009, 05:45 PM
Well that's odd. Did you try installing the DirectX version from the disc?
Yup, did that when I installed it on my computer.

Volcompat321
Dec 23, 2009, 07:31 AM
You might have to re-install your video card.
Can you change the resolution on your desktop?
If not, then it's definitely the video card not being installed.
I also have Windows 7 64-bit, and PSU and everything with it, works fine.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/dc7ebb18.png

LK1721
Dec 23, 2009, 04:56 PM
You might have to re-install your video card.
Can you change the resolution on your desktop?
If not, then it's definitely the video card not being installed.
I also have Windows 7 64-bit, and PSU and everything with it, works fine.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/dc7ebb18.png
I re-installed my video card and no dice. I can change screen resolution on my desktop, but still not in the game. I also re-installed CCC just for good measure.
My resolution is 1440x900, though. Which is not on that list. I adjusted it and tried..but still not working.

Possibly un-installing then re-installing PSU at one of the resolutions that ARE on that list would work?

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 09:33 AM
Those resolutions are on there because that's what my video card supports.
You could try to change your resolution to 1280 x 720, and see if anything shows up.
If nothing does, try un/re installing PSU with the 1280 x 720 resolution on your desktop.

LK1721
Dec 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
Those resolutions are on there because that's what my video card supports.
You could try to change your resolution to 1280 x 720, and see if anything shows up.
If nothing does, try un/re installing PSU with the 1280 x 720 resolution on your desktop.
I switched up the resolutions, restarted then uninstalled/reinstalled PSU at the 1280 x 720 resolution and sadly, still no luck on it. I'm running out on ideas of WHAT to try to fix this.

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
Damn. I wouldn't know then. :(
I haven't ran into any problems playing PSU or PSO with Windows 7.
That's really weird though.
I'll try to think of some more ideas.

LK1721
Dec 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
I thought it was really odd, as I'd never heard of a problem like this one.

I don't know if it is a compatibility issue with my hardware [Although that shouldn't be the case] or what. Thanks for trying to help me XD
I'll keep fiddling and see if I can get anything to work.

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 10:20 PM
No problem!
I'll keep looking as well, I hope we figure it out!

LK1721
Dec 25, 2009, 08:05 PM
No problem!
I'll keep looking as well, I hope we figure it out!
:D Thanks again!

EDIT:
I found a fix for it.
1-Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Show hidden files and folders and check the box that says to show the hidden folders and drives
2-My Computer and open the user file>App Data>Local>SEGA>psuIlluminus.ini> After opening the file there are a series of lists and that is where you can change every setting.

ブルーベリー
Dec 30, 2009, 08:54 AM
Pretty much have to do this for a bunch of games if you have this video card/graphic driver problem. It happens on BB aswell. And even so when people dont care about the resolution, they have to have one selected to change it to windowed and thus can't change any settings.

Big hassle.

Comet Fire
Jan 3, 2010, 12:42 PM
I had this problem with my laptop.
ended up plugging my laptop into a tv and all the resolutions came up.
as soon as i upplugged to laptop from the tv all the resolutions disappeared but the game ran in the same resolution as what a picked to to run in with the tv when i started it up, so you could try that i guess

Volcompat321
Jan 3, 2010, 04:21 PM
:D Thanks again!

EDIT:
I found a fix for it.
1-Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Show hidden files and folders and check the box that says to show the hidden folders and drives
2-My Computer and open the user file>App Data>Local>SEGA>psuIlluminus.ini> After opening the file there are a series of lists and that is where you can change every setting.

Awesome!
Glad you did, because I was coming up with nothing. :(

Yoyoenix91
Feb 8, 2010, 10:23 PM
I had the same problem, and this thread helped me get to Fullscreen mode. But now I see that I can run the game faster in windowed mode, and it's very slow in Fullscreen. What would I have to tinker with in the CFG file for the best results, combining speed and fullscreen? D8

Nuclearranger
Jul 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
Try running the game as an admin. Right click the ICON -> Run as admin. Might work...