PDA

View Full Version : Lasers and Bazookas...

Pavichokche
Dec 23, 2009, 07:07 PM
I've been a little confused regarding these weapons...Here is what I know:

Laser Cannons: Accurate, somewhat strong, shoot single shots that hit everything in a line, good range

Bazookas: Accurate, pretty strong, shoot single shots, good range

I really hope there is something more to these weapons because they're coming off a little useless for me, due to their slow fire.

Bad Dirt Marvel
Dec 23, 2009, 07:20 PM
From what I've heard, Cannons and Bazookas are useful only for sticking status effects. I don't use them myself.

Pavichokche
Dec 23, 2009, 07:25 PM
Do they bear some actual boost to status effect..."sticking" or you just mean so because lasers hit more targets. Because if that's the case, then swords are just as useful and so are slicers for that purpose... I want to know if there is more !!!

CLARK
Dec 23, 2009, 07:34 PM
Bazookas have the highest ranged weapon ATP and great PA's.
Lasers have the highest ranged weapon ATA, hit enemies lined up, and great PA's.

Lasers fire faster, neither can combo.

Pavichokche
Dec 23, 2009, 07:44 PM
I really hoped that wasn't all there is to them :(

Oh yeah, have any of you gotten that thing when you fire a laser cannon. Sometimes if you fire and then you click the button again you fire a tiny little shot. I've done it with chaos cannon, but haven't managed to do it with my gallatin... maybe it was only that weapon...

SMO
Dec 23, 2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah, thats happened to me too... I was wondering if that was just me lol.

Personally, I think that lasers can be useful cause they deal good damage with good ata and even though they dont combo you can still fire them fairly quickly (prolly a little slower than rifle combo speed). I havent used them a ton but I could see them being useful when playing with a group online.

On the other hand, I dont think bazookas are that great in this game besides their PAs. The slow firing speed and only one target just doesnt cut it.

Vayne
Dec 23, 2009, 09:57 PM
Ya, they aren't very effective weapons in my opinion. They cannot combo and they have slow rate of fire. Bazookas do have the highest ATP of ranged weapons can drop at lv5 which is nice but they only have a 15% chance to stick it. Lasers have decent ATP can drop up to lv4 but have a 20% chance of sticking their element on each target in the line of fire. But it's hard to get past the fact that they can't chain and have such a slow rate of fire. Mech guns and rifles will put out a lot more damage per second than a laser or bazooka. Sadly, this is just another way rangers got the shaft in PSZ.

CLARK
Dec 23, 2009, 10:04 PM
You have to remember that gun damage is now different than melee damage. Enemies are typically weaker to guns than melee as well.

FoMarlBorough
Dec 23, 2009, 10:21 PM
"back in the sixties we had this thing called a 'laser' ".

Pavichokche
Dec 23, 2009, 10:39 PM
Very nice, FoMarlBorough, very nice... So what, gun damage is somehow better than melee damage? Would you care to elaborate on that, CLARK, please?

Jeefa
Dec 23, 2009, 10:42 PM
yeah. first i heard of that... where did ya find that out? hahaha my ranger is using sabers and pistols cause i cant combo on rifles or mech guns... but if what your saying is true ill have to change tactics

ブルーベリー
Dec 23, 2009, 10:58 PM
Bazookas suck. Status effects suck. Laser Cannons Suck. Rangers Suck.
If you want the reasons why, ask, because I would think that the information is easy to find and not worth typing out.

Jeefa
Dec 23, 2009, 11:00 PM
ahaha. yeah i've noted all that. still, i needed a cast to see the story and i wanted to mess with rangers ( i had a nice ranger in PSO so i figured it'd be nice to relive the game from a distance haha. ) still they have alot of shortcomings on zero, but that makes the game different.

Pavichokche
Dec 23, 2009, 11:53 PM
Fun Fact: it turns out a bazooka is the strongest weapon in the game (Cannon Bleu) when fully ground :D