PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Do Race AND gender affect stats?

Tails_night
Dec 25, 2009, 03:46 PM
Okay I know race affects your stats and where your strengths, weaknesses, and effectiveness in each class lie. Now I recently started to wonder if the gender of your character also affects this?

Pillan
Dec 25, 2009, 03:50 PM
Males have more HP, ATP, DFP, and EVP. Females have more PP, ATA, TP, and MST. However, the difference between each gender is very small, so it's not really worth considering unless you have something particular in mind.

Tails_night
Dec 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
This stat runs for all races right?

Pillan
Dec 25, 2009, 03:52 PM
Yes. The male/female difference is the same for every race.

Note that I'm assuming you're talking about PSP2 and not PSP.

Tails_night
Dec 25, 2009, 03:58 PM
eh I was referring to both, but PSP2 is my new interest as of late.

Actually in Phantasy Star portable, the first one, does gender affect anything?

Allison_W
Dec 25, 2009, 05:22 PM
Assuming the original PSP has the same gendered stat differences as PSU/AOTI, males have more HP, ATP, and ATA and females have more TP, DFP, MST, EVP, and STA. (And then in Phantasy Star Zero, male characters have more HP, ATP, and DFP, while female characters have more PP, ATA, EVP, and MST... oi.)

It really needs to get dumped by the wayside one of these sequels. Perhaps we should start a betting pool on how long it takes.

RemiusTA
Dec 25, 2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, it really makes no sense. Imo they should just make the gender difference a choice upon character creation / eliminate it all together.

Tails_night
Dec 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
Alright thanks. So I guess a Female newman is a decent Force user compared to a male newman?

but yeah I kinda see where it makes no sense and at the same time i kinda see where the creators are coming from with the whole concept.