PDA

View Full Version : God, I love HUnewms, but....

Ryoki
Dec 27, 2009, 10:10 PM
I really want to make sure I made the right choice. Gamefaq's seems to have hatred for the class, calling it a dumbed-downed HUnewerl...

I really only had a couple of things I needed.

Had to be a male hunter.

Had to have some form of Teal costume/Hair/something (as I am obsessive about the color.)

However, i'm used to playing slightly gimped characters, like how I love to play a HUmar in PSO.

After reviewing this board, people seem to like the class as a jack-of-all trades class...

Why the complete difference in opinions?

EDIT: After reviewing, HUnewms have higher HP, Def, and Attack than Hunewerls, whereas Hunewerls have higher Evasion, slightly higher accuracy, higher pp, and higher Tech, the last one being not especially important.

I don't understand the hate. At least in PSO, HUmars had the severe gimp of not having S/D along with a few stats that didn't really make any sense (I think they had less DEF than HUnewerls for some reason!) I think i'm sticking with my choice, but please, still discuss.

Aegix Drakan
Dec 27, 2009, 10:30 PM
I like the HUnewm, actually.

Yes, you won't be dishing out at much damage as a HUcast, or even a HUmar... But he's by no means a "garbage class"

The big advantage is that you have a LOTTALOTTALOTTA PP. Which regenerates at a decent enough pace.

this means 2 things:

1. You can cast Resta and Shifta/whatever a lot. While most classes will be a bit iffy about wasting PP on a support spell, yours regenerates and...well...you're a HUnter! What else are you gonna use that extra pallette slot for?

2. ...Three words. PHOTON. ART. SPAM! See...other classes will have to constantly decide whether or not a situation is deserving of using a photon art, since they'll have to waste a Fluid eventually to use them more. ...HUnewms don't have the problem. As long as you're not using ONLY Arts, you'll find that your PP regenerates fast enough that you'll be able to crank them out a lot more than most other classes.

My first char was a HUnewm. ...And I found it VERY hard to adapt to my other characters not having lots of PP to waste on Arts. They're a great class and don't let anyone talk you down from it.

Oh, and a fun tip. 80% of GameFAQers/GameSpotters are morons. Trust me. I've been on that site forever, and I still sigh in despair once in a while.

Ryoki
Dec 27, 2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the input! Oh, btw...Completely off-topic...but anyone read about the Hylian Shield weapon in the japanese version? Gotta wonder if that will be released here....kind of odd though, a Nintendo-trademarked item in a SEGA game....I guess Nintendo did license it since it's on the DS, but still... :O

Anyways, I'm pretty satisfied right now with him...And I agree about the Gamefaq's people being morons sometimes.

Vayne
Dec 27, 2009, 10:44 PM
Can't obtain the Nintendo weapons on the North American version. If you trade them from the Japanese version they get reskinned as the basic weapon of that class (Hylian Shield->Shield) but it retains its stats.