PDA

View Full Version : Question about units

raltga01
Feb 26, 2003, 07:57 PM
Do units [GOD/MIND, GOD/ARM, etc] count toward your max stats? In other words, if you have a maxed stat, say ATP, will a unit, say a GOD/POWER, still add to it, or will it not go over your maximum?

Driadyte
Feb 26, 2003, 08:03 PM
Not sure exactly, but here's how you find out: Take off the item, look at the base stat in question (the number in ()s). Equip the item and check again. If it went up, then the unit won't take it over max. If it stayed the same, then it'll go over. Same works for mags, weapons and such, even though I know that mags don't take above max and weapons do.

VulpesMundi
Feb 26, 2003, 08:05 PM
All units add towards a maximum stat. Wearing a unit that adds to a stat that has, or reaches, maximum will not go any higher. This applies to ATP, DFP, MST, ATA, EVP, and LCK. HP and TP technically have no maximum, so they should never cap out even with units.

Driadyte
Feb 26, 2003, 08:15 PM
Yes, you can use my method, or you could listen to someone who knows what the hell he's talking about.

Sasarai
Feb 26, 2003, 09:43 PM
Are you sure about this? My RAmar has:

DFP: 522 and his "max" is 515.

EVP: 861 and his "max" is 715.

So...maybe I don't quite understand this. As I interpret the information with my mag/eq/weapon/etc. the character should reach his/her max and that's it. However, my character has two stats, with his eq, that launches him -way- over his level 200 maxes.As suggested by the link below

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=689

So, if this is the case, does this mean at lvl 200 with let's say level 200 base EVP 639 that I can have my characters EVP at with my current equipment that my character would have 949 EVP? I say this because the current difference is 310, my base EVP being 551 adjusted EVP being 861, as listed above.

If that didn't make sense, quote a section and I'll try to decipher my babble. I'm thoroughly confused. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

...so confused...

GandorDurin
Feb 26, 2003, 10:09 PM
Weapons Armors and Barriers don't add to the stat on the right which is your base. Therefore it's possible to go "past" the maximum of a particular stat.

How else do you think people can get 2000 ATP? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If you remove everything you'll see that your stats aren't maxed, probably not even that close.

Puppypunter
Feb 26, 2003, 10:12 PM
OK, you lost me. Here is how it works (and please correct me if I'm wrong). Mags, Units, and Materials all add to your BASE Stats. The number in the ( ). This is the number that has the maximum associated with it. Equipment can then take you OVER the "maximum" (the number outside the parenthesis). That make sense?

dj_dan
Feb 27, 2003, 02:04 AM
Puppypunter is right.
*/units will not push a stat beyond its class limit.

Let's say you have 450 DFP, and that you're max DFP is 500. If you equip GOD/BODY your DFP stat will only goto 500.
Now if you equip a shield that raises your DFP by 100, you will still have 500 base DFP, but your OVERALL DFP will be 600.

That is the simplest way I can explain it.

Armour, Shields, and Weapons can raise your overall stats, while units add to your base stats.