PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a HUcast

Omunall
Dec 28, 2009, 06:23 AM
Okay so i've been trying to get back into this game, been a long time fan of it since the DC days (man i miss HIT mats lol) and i'm trying to learn a few new characters that i neglected to play in the numerous times i've owned the game.

My wife plays a lot of support characters, and i'm only really interested in having one character, so i got rid of a FOmar i made for a HUcast, since it may be easier and better on a team with the FOney's and HUney's that my wife uses.

I just pushed my cast into ULTS at level 40, currently lvl 45 in mines. I have two god HP's, an arm, and a body. Mag is at 80 dex, 115 pow. Currently having to use a red saber, ray gun w hit, and when i hit S&D i use vulcans and a dragon slayer.

I have never used the character, and i'm quite impressed with his stats and ability. HUcaseals have been my favorite for cosmetic reasons and animations, but the HUcast seems to have a different type of game about him. I have noticed the usefulness of sabers (thanks for the FOmar) but defense wise, no deband and jellen really keep is to getting beaten up a lot, but power is nice on single hit weapons.

Any suggestions on how to handle the character in ULTS? Like things to expect, things to prepare for fights with DA RA LIE, etc? (I think the caves boss is going to be more difficult than the mines, since Volt is a punk on my FOmar, so the HUcast should do well)

DreXxiN
Dec 28, 2009, 08:19 AM
BB or GC? And ult at 40? Holy crap.

Vanzazikon
Dec 28, 2009, 10:53 AM
Sounds like GC.

The only suggestion I can give for ultimate and being that low in level is get your mag to 200 and level up some more. Hell, being level 45, Very Hard would give you decent experience point.

NegaTsukasa
Dec 28, 2009, 02:19 PM
BB or GC? And ult at 40? Holy crap.

I agree on the holy crap part.

Omunall
Dec 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
My mag is already done, been at 200 for awhile lol. I guess it's just leveling for now, but i was sort of asking how to handle a HUcast later.

It's GC, plus edition. I usually always get my characters into ults around 40-45 once i get their equipment done, usually can run them in from lvl 1 to 40 ULTS in a single sitting (about 5 hours, but it's not as hard as it sounds, just used to the game i guess) plus the HUcast is doing okay for his level. My RAmarl and FOmar were awesome, but i want to look at long term instead of how fast i can get to sea beds, which i usually do by level 55 with a fleshie character, but a cast i have to wait till 70.

So any advice on how to run a HUcast? I'm only experianced with RA and FO, hunters have always been a class i loved but had all my time putting work toward my FOney lol...they needed a lot. Just sort of not sure how to handle the cast, what type of little tricks people have picked up for weapon types, etc.
Also, TRAPS!!! I have an understanding of androids and hunters, but i've only raised one to about level 60 before, never past. Traps have a lot of uses, but fire traps...any tips on fire traps or stacking?
PS: No way am i going to stick with very hard lol, i play the game too hard to enjoy VH more than the hours it takes to run through it.

LK1721
Dec 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
Only tip I can give you for traps is that once you set one, shoot it. And ULT on a level 45 is insane fun XD

Omunall
Dec 28, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah it is fun. HUcast and a red saber is pimp in mines lol.

I guess i'll have to learn some tricks aout traps lol. I remember people talking about using damage traps to set of a stun effect and using them in combination with freeze in a certain time, things like that.

LK1721
Dec 28, 2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah it is fun. HUcast and a red saber is pimp in mines lol.

I guess i'll have to learn some tricks aout traps lol. I remember people talking about using damage traps to set of a stun effect and using them in combination with freeze in a certain time, things like that.
As a HUcast, I never really utilized traps and usually only made use of freeze traps XD I might create another HUcast and test actually USING traps more often. I only ever learned that it was easier to shoot the trap and set it off than wait and run around in circles, trying to keep the enemy in the blast zone of the trap.

Vanzazikon
Dec 28, 2009, 06:09 PM
Well, in Ultimate, the timing of traps have decreased, they explode in a second after they're set. Confuse traps are really helpful, especially when there are large amounts of monsters. Just set a confuse trap and watch them bash each other, very effective especially in Ultimate where they take a lot of damage against each other. After they regain their senses, you should be able to take them out in one or two hits.

Zladexyz
Dec 28, 2009, 08:56 PM
the stats of cast are good,so use that for a aventege.

Omunall
Dec 29, 2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, just simple stuff. Way back when this place was still a major hot spot in the pso forums (i din't think there even was a PSU forum then lol) there were a lot of things about using traps in sequence. Like running a fire trap as a stun. You had to place it just right, sort of took practice, then it would blow just before your last swing on a weapon like a claw, stunning them and letting you finish the sequence without risk of being attacked.

That's the only one i knew, but i always wanted to learn sequencing freeze and damage traps in a stack. Either way i ended up letting the HUcast go. I just wanted to play him to ults and see how he did. My character is the FOmarl, only one i ever kept.