PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Rare final boss appearance condition testing

Ceresa
Dec 28, 2009, 12:11 PM
Simple request, can anyone that's capable of running the final boss mission on A or S (preferably S since that's what I ran it on, though it probably doesn't matter) do so five times in a row?

I've gotten him 7 times in the past two days just spamming this mission, and almost always I was surprised when he appeared so often since I expected it to be...you know rare. Previously when I just ran this mission randomly I never got him.

So I started keeping count, and the past two were every 5 runs for sure. So if someone can run it five times consecutively and see if he appears, well that'll prove I either have excellent luck, or it's his spawn condition.

Sorans
Dec 28, 2009, 12:42 PM
Leave it to me! I'll start it right now ;) !

Sorans
Dec 28, 2009, 01:26 PM
2 time in a row, 3 to go !

One question Ceresa, What kind of weapon would be the best for Anastasis in your opinion? I'm always using Knuckles or Double Saber but I think I should change to something else, it's not efficient enough =/.

Tycho
Dec 28, 2009, 01:46 PM
I think only few people from my card list had seen it before (like one), but that was probably because noone had really done Olga much outside of story/challenge anyway.

Ceresa
Dec 28, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ahh well got it in after 4 runs, and Sorans got it twice in a row, thanks for trying.

Arika
Dec 28, 2009, 09:42 PM
It is rarer to spawn in A ranks. so usually only high level players seen them.

TUSCAN
Dec 29, 2009, 12:02 AM
Today I managed to achieve level 100 so I decided to join a party running S runs and they were doing this run exclusively. I was around for five runs, coincidentally, and the first and last times we had the rare boss (red version of the second form, right?).

I was pretty lucky to see him (or her) on my first S run, and I was luckier to get a rainbow box on my first S run. It was a 15* Twin Handgun, can't recall the name. I'm sure it's quite good but I won't know for another 50 levels.

Illuminate
Dec 29, 2009, 12:14 AM
Anastasis? o.o Is that a character, or an enemy? And what's the rare final boss... All I recall fighting at the end of the game was a Dulk Fakis mimic, that was kinda like Dark Falz, but not as guurly.

Deragonite
Dec 29, 2009, 04:43 AM
does ana appear in story mode?

Sorans
Dec 29, 2009, 05:02 AM
It a red version of Olga Angelus, the final boss of PSP2 !

Anonomous
Jan 5, 2010, 06:19 PM
I've done this 5 times with no Ana on S in story mode.

I'm level 122 if that matters :(. Anything I'm over looking or should I just keep trying? BTW what element is Ana?

Drawers
Jan 5, 2010, 06:39 PM
Can someone post a pic in a spoiler box, I want to see what he looks like.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 5, 2010, 07:29 PM
I got Anastasis the first time I tried the mission on A rank, awesome battle. :D
He just looks like a chunkier, red version of Olga Angelus.

Anonomous
Jan 6, 2010, 03:30 AM
Ok so I've done it 8 times now and still no luck.

Do I need to get the best ending in story mode or something?

Mysterious-G
Jan 6, 2010, 06:23 AM
It won't work in story mode.

Ceresa
Jan 6, 2010, 11:08 AM
He does appear in story mode...just keep trying.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 6, 2010, 11:17 AM
I think G was referring to actual Story Chapter 10 right?

Mysterious-G
Jan 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
My bad. Yes, I was.
It will not work for story mode chapter 10.

Anonomous
Jan 10, 2010, 09:13 PM
Up to 13 S-runs (fastest is 15:09, I say this because it's a reference to the Free Mission under story mode and not chapter 10) and still no Ana. I am pretty sure you mean Ana does not appear in Chapter 10 right? I have been spamming the Free Mission Aliens from outerspace or whatever it's called on S rank...

Either I am unlucky, you guys are lucky, both, or I'm not fulfilling a condition of some sort.

Drawers
Jan 10, 2010, 09:29 PM
May somebody please post a pic of this rare boss. I can't find a pic of him.

evange
Jan 25, 2010, 01:34 AM
so i was thinking....
-play the mission rank S online with a 4 person party
-get to last boss
-if red rare final boss didn't appear, whole party suicide and get back to clad 6
-redo mission and we get to final boss instantly

will this method work on getting the red guy out?
i find some japs talking abt it, but didn't test it myself.

Fonsi
Jan 25, 2010, 01:46 AM
i spawned anastasis after i play the mission for 5 runs straight....single player only and A rank

Arika
Jan 25, 2010, 04:56 AM
so i was thinking....
-play the mission rank S online with a 4 person party
-get to last boss
-if red rare final boss didn't appear, whole party suicide and get back to clad 6
-redo mission and we get to final boss instantly

will this method work on getting the red guy out?
i find some japs talking abt it, but didn't test it myself.

you can try it on offline muti-mode. restart as many time as you want. it don't have connection error to kick you out too.

Deragonite
Jan 25, 2010, 07:08 AM
42 runs. 4 Anastasis.

For me it's been roughly 1/10.

evange
Jan 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
42 runs. 4 Anastasis.

For me it's been roughly 1/10.

lucky you.
i got 31 runs 1 ana.

i saw a jap lvl 200 200+ run and 7 ana.