PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions

Tizerak
Dec 29, 2009, 04:13 PM
Have a couple questions I had that I couldn't really find elsewhere on the site:

1. How exactly do force weapons work? they work off MST or ATP? same as the PA's?

2. on Humilias I'm stuck on 2 of his attacks one is where he lights up ALL the tiles immediately and it seems impossible to avoid the explosion, and when the mech splits in 2 it seems no matter for how long I dodge it, it won't reform until it hits me.

3. For Mag evolving if you want to keep something pure for the sake of the photon blast but want to add some other stats are you safe on keeping it pure till lvl 60 then add other stats or do you have to keep it pure till 100 to keep it from changing form.

4. Photon Blasts
Flozir - it says if all 4 people do it you get all 4 effects is it the same for 2-3 people where you get 2 to 3 of the effects?
Granir - (probably not but) can the instant death work on bosses
Midgul - what level of these buffs is it? is it rank 15 if all 4-chain it or is it its own special rank
Pacifal - Does the damage scale with character/mag level or at all

5. On the Drop charts it talks about Boosted items having a greater chance of dropping when "when a special gray shadow monster variant appears" what does that mean? I dont remember seeing grey monsters or something.

6. Barrier Shift PA how long does it last? or does it depend on the level of shield and if so what is it

Thats all I can think of atm..

Anzo
Dec 29, 2009, 04:22 PM
I can answer number 5, WHen you encounter a rare monster, you will see a pulsating white shadow underneith it. These monsters are much harder to kill than the regular variations

Tizerak
Dec 29, 2009, 04:25 PM
Ohhhhhh man I wondered sometimes why some enemies would take longer to kill rarely then ones of the same type, so they have a special shadow hmm ok, can non Boosted still drop the Boosted item just not as often as boosted monsters or are they boosted monster only

Anzo
Dec 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
I think so.

lavisblade
Dec 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
If you couldn't find the answers elsewhere, you didn't look very hard >.>

1. Force weapons use MST instead of ATP for damage...that's why it says MST when you look at its stats...
2. He lights the tiles up in an order...like Top left, top middle, top right, etc...try standing next to one as it goes off then moving onto it before the one you're standing on goes off. And he transforms back after he attacks, not necessarily hits you.
3. Pure until 60, but if you want a certain photon blast, look at the list in the PSZ Database, tells all mags and all photon blasts that they have
4. Once again, check the database, though I do know Granir doesn't kill bosses, does lots of damage though
5. They are somewhat rare to find so don't expect to always see one. They are stronger, and can drop better items.
6. Database again

lavisblade
Dec 29, 2009, 04:29 PM
Boosted monsters have a boosted chance (haha get it?) so you CAN get it from the regular, but it's much harder

Tizerak
Dec 29, 2009, 05:45 PM
eh semi-helpful Lavis

1. is ok solved I get that

2. Ugh ill just have to pay attention to the tiles more while im running to keep up with him so he doesnt blast me, but still when split up Ive had the scooter part "attack" and zoom by me and it still doesnt reform guess ill just have to keep messing with it

3. I asked because I know the 4th evo is at 60 but for some reason in the database if you click on a 4th Evo mag it says "Evo conditions: lvl 60, 70, 80, 90, 100" so I was like whaaa? thought the buck stopped at 60 so you could keep a 3rd Evo mag at 100 but if you say only at 60 ill take your word for it

4. Nooo it doesnt thats why Im asking
Flozir - it only says if you use 4 people all 4 are added but doesnt say if you do 2-3 do you get 2-3 effects.
Granrir - ohhh so it does damage but CAN instant death just not on bosses gotcha, wonder if its more damage then Pacifal
Midgul - No it just says that it casts Jellen/Zalure/Shifta/Deband and that it of course increases with the # chained but doesnt say if its a special "rank" of those spells seperate from the regular techniques or if they are like rank 15 on a 4-chain or w/e.
Pacifal - Doesn't say anything about how much damage it does / if it scales (same for Granrir) just says does damage can stun... could do 250 damage at all levels for all I know.

5. Yeah I got it now ill just have to keep an eye out for this special "shadow" they have

6. No.. all it says it "Short Invincibility Period"? for how long? same no matter if 1-7 star shield? IDK!

Thanks for the answers so far though!

Vayne
Dec 29, 2009, 06:28 PM
3. It means it can turn into that mag at lv 60,70,80,90,100 if the conditions are met. If it is a different mag at any of those points besides a rare soul mag then it can become the mag in question. If you use a mag soul to make a rare mag(ex rappie soul) it will not change again unless you feed it another soul.

6. It doesn't last very long at all and is the same no matter what shield has it.

lavisblade
Dec 29, 2009, 06:28 PM
3. I did too so I guess it might be different...I guess you could play it safe and keep it pure...don't trust me, I don't know that for sure, lol
4. Flozir-If people are near then they get the effects as well...you get all of the effects if you have 4 people...
Midgul-I think it is always the same level no matter how many cast it, but more people makes it last longer...I do know that a higher synchro makes it last longer as well...synchro makes all of them better
Pacifal-More people=more damage and longer stun time/higher chance to stun, more synchro (not level)=more damage/stun time
I don't know the names of the Photon Blasts so I can't completely remember which is which...
6. I never knew what it did in th first place...It should be the same no matter which shield you use...as for how long, time it XP lol

Tizerak
Dec 29, 2009, 07:14 PM
3. Hmm ok so if you wanted to keep a pure stat Evo 3 Mag at 100 but with unpure stats youd have to change its form with one of the special mag transform thingies gotcha

4. Bleh maybe someone will come along and post detailed data about Photon Blast damage for Granrir/Pacifal actually is cause it would be dumb if 4 lvl 50s cast pacifal and did 1000 damage and did the same damage if it was 4 lvl 100's...
And find out exactly how good Midguls buffs/debuffs are
Flozir though yes I understand 4 people = 4 effects but what about if 3 or 2 people chain it do you get 3/2 respectively or just the 1, would make sense to know in case you come up on the boss but only 3 people have their PB ready would it still be worth it to chain Flozir.

6. Hmm ill just have to find a barrier shift shield find a pack of enemies and find out how long im immune.

Thanks for the responses

Tizerak
Dec 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
Oops I just thought of another question!

7. If an item is rare (sells for 10 meseta) and doesn't have a pre-assigned element can it pick up a random one when you find it? or none at all? and if it does have a pre-assigned one can you change it.

lavisblade
Dec 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
For Flozir, like that database says, one person PB= Infinite PP, 2 people=Charging is twice as fast, 3 people=all hits are critical, and 4=invincibility and anti

lavisblade
Dec 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
It can't have a random element if it sells for 10 meseta. Though some rares have pre-set elements (that you can't change) that all of them will have no matter what.

Tizerak
Dec 29, 2009, 07:50 PM
hmm ok

Assassin 45
Dec 29, 2009, 08:28 PM
My questions-

1. How long do they usually keep the servers up for these games?

2. Is there any way to reset the cart? As in erase all three charaters or something so that you could earn titles again?

3. What are good % weapons I have usually only have something in 2 maybe 3 catagories. I've seen some people acting like they find em with something in all of them.

Vayne
Dec 29, 2009, 10:12 PM
1. What servers?
2. Not the whole card, no

Assassin 45
Dec 29, 2009, 11:50 PM
Servers as in the ability to play the game online. I always heard the term server thrown around so I figured that's what it's called. If you hook up a Dreamcast and PSO it will not work online anymore. Like Halo 2 on Xbox live can't be played online anymore. So anyone got a guess as to how long Zero will stay up?

So if I bought a used card I wouldn't be able to get any of the rewards. crappy. Guess I'll buy a new one.

Raxxon_Ironis
Dec 30, 2009, 01:25 AM
Nobody's likely to be able to give you a definitive answer about the servers- they'll be open until the company says there aren't enough people playing to make it worth keeping them up. Sometimes the game has enough longevity to keep them up for a long time (Starcraft, etc.), sometimes not.

Assassin 45
Dec 30, 2009, 02:06 AM
You think this will run for a year at least? How long did PSO on Xbox run? I only played it for bout 6 months.