PDA

View Full Version : Sword Questions

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm using a maxed Zahak with Chaos. I'm playing on SH now and it rarely does more than 100 damage. Is it because I'm using Chaos or is it just because I'm only level 63? If it's because or Chaos what should I change it to? If I change it to Caleb how much damage should it do and how much Mesta does it use? Are there any stronger swords that are fairly common? I didn't find the guide very helpful so don't post if all you're gonna say is to go look it up.

Anzo
Dec 29, 2009, 07:28 PM
Its probably both your level and the chaos element thats causing this

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 07:30 PM
So how much more damage should I do with Caleb?

Anzo
Dec 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
Im not sure, but you'll defenitly do more, I had to decide what element to synth to my sword and I chose Celeb, I do a bit more damage now

lavisblade
Dec 29, 2009, 07:36 PM
What level is the chaos on your sword?

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'm too lazy to go check but I'm pretty sure its 1 or 3.

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
celeb lvl 1 = 10% extra damage up to lvl 5 = 50% extra damage.

but since the max lvl of element a sword can have is 3.. i'd say 30% more damage~

btw, i'd only use swords with over end on boss fights... other then that get double sabers, daggers, gun blades, sabers, claws lol basically anything's better then sword/spear

Anzo
Dec 29, 2009, 08:03 PM
I agree with Edenz.

Assassin 45
Dec 29, 2009, 08:14 PM
What's wrong with swords? Just curious. I'm pretty noobish at this game. I didn't know max element on sword is 3. Swords hit multiple enimies and I seem to clear out groups really fast. I am having trouble with missing alot on SH though. I switched to a Grand Chariot though so I could hit more acurately. I find it hard to target enimies with the spear sometimes though.

Anzo
Dec 29, 2009, 08:25 PM
I hate spears

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 08:28 PM
well.. sword is slow, dont hit as hard as double sabers, not as accurate as daggers/claws/sabers.. has only 1 good PA in over end which uses a huge amount of PP + a long charge time. Dymano spin is ok but personally i'd take air ride, reverse kill, million rave, tornado dance, bite stamp, serpent air, zeta cutlass, force ride etcetc over it anyday.

Assassin 45
Dec 29, 2009, 08:34 PM
Fair enough. I will star experimenting with them. I got quite a few decent of each in the trunk I was gonna trade. I just found a foie haze but it had crappy % and no element or PA.

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 09:00 PM
So you guys think it would be better if I switched to Double Sabers? I guess I'l try em out... Any recommendations for one? And would the strongest Double Saber be as good as the Breaker? I think I have more questions now XP...

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 09:07 PM
Milias breaker is just the same like any other swords lol... only good for boss fights / arenas. A good lvl 3 element Ainstraiffe with Over End is better then Milias breaker damage wise. A good % Clair doubles, Morgenlote and Foie haze deals more damage ,faster and also more accurate.

Always go for weapon with high element lvls (max for d.sabers is 3, daggers is 4, sabers is 5 etc), and sinec you're in SH money shouldnt be a problem so just put celeb on your most frequent used weapons.

And since you're using a Zahhak (6 star sword) i'd say good replacements would be : Nathaniel, Roche Limit, Jasper Roar and Fenrir.

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 09:09 PM
I'm a Cast and it looks like the better DSs are for the other races.

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 09:13 PM
HUcasts can use all 6 to 7 star DSs besides Gigas -.-

Assassin 45
Dec 29, 2009, 09:14 PM
Ok help me here sorry gettin off topic but i want help quick. I got the part to make a Haden bite...can i keep powering off to get good stats on it? Right now it's got Darkhaden bite 10/15/0/0/35 element lv4 slide end PA. I haven't saved yet. What should I be trying to get.

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 09:17 PM
HUcasts can use all 6 to 7 star DSs besides Gigas -.-

But thats the best one! How do you get the Morgenlote? I think thats the one with the highest attack that a Cast can use

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 09:20 PM
Ok help me here sorry gettin off topic but i want help quick. I got the part to make a Haden bite...can i keep powering off to get good stats on it? Right now it's got Darkhaden bite 10/15/0/0/35 element lv4 slide end PA. I haven't saved yet. What should I be trying to get.

ditch that.. 35% in accuracy is bad lol..and slide end is the worst claw PA... claws are accurate enough to live w/o it.. depends which boss u having troubles with tbh... Reyburn is native, Octo is beast, Humi + Paru bosses are Machine and MT + Falz are Dark.. try go for one with the % you need most and stick to Bite Stamp or Serpent Air.

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 09:21 PM
sorry for the double post.

Morgenlote wise its dropped by those monkeys in paru SH

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 09:25 PM
The rare ones or the common ones? I'll start lookin for it. Thanks. Any other weapons types I should try?

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 09:29 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psz-findings.php << this might help =/

and a good Clair Doubles (Highest attack power DS) with million rave beats the crap outta morgenlotes and gigas romulus anyday lol

any other weapons? > Daggers, Claws, Sabers, Gunblades, and ranged HUcasts are surprisingly strong try out handguns, mechguns, rifles (my HUcast with blackhawk does 300 per hit on mother trinity and dark falz in SH online :D so 300 x 6 hits)

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 09:32 PM
That takes too long to look through XP

edenz
Dec 29, 2009, 09:34 PM
Just CLICK on paru and theres only 2 kinds of monkeys zz... and i edited my prev post.

007monkeyman
Dec 29, 2009, 09:37 PM
I didn't mean for which monkey I meant to find out which out of ALL the possible enemies. And I meant specific weapons not weapon types

rickfrior
Dec 29, 2009, 09:38 PM
Huh, yeah, Froutangs don't even appear too much...so I'd expect worse from a Frunaked which has the Clair Doubles...

ARChan
Dec 29, 2009, 09:54 PM
Huh, yeah, Froutangs don't even appear too much...so I'd expect worse from a Frunaked which has the Clair Doubles...

Froutangs appear quite often on the later half of Paru. So, the best bet for a Frunaked is the offline quest about the mags and the client is the secretary. After all, the room you start in always has a Froutang.