PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 When do you assume PSP2 is coming to US?

VorpalLord
Dec 30, 2009, 12:22 AM
Really debating just ordering the jap version, the images im seeing for it make me hate waiting. I will get the US version no matter what to understand the story/ everything else, I just dont want the US version to come out right after I get the jpn version and pay another 50 just to play it 2-3 months ahead.

So I want to know the pros and cons to getting PSP2 now (if you don't understand JPN), For those who did buy it do you regret it?, and an educated guess on when PSP2 will be out in US.

xBladeM6x
Dec 30, 2009, 12:26 AM
Get the JP version. At the moment there isn't even confirmation of an English release. Which means by time there is one, the game won't even be out until 3rd or 4th quarter of next year. PSZ is a perfect example. ( I think PSZ didn't release for about a year or more after in English after the JP version came out)

Also no, you will not regret importing it, if you don't mind learning what some of the menus mean in JP. Aside from that, you'll be more pissed you waited than if you didn't. Chances are they are going to cut the DLC for the English release and there won't be many if at all any collaboration items.

No regrets for buying it. There is so much content loaded into the game, with the inclusion of DLC (And good DLC for that matter) that you will be playing this game for a loooooooooong time.

VorpalLord
Dec 30, 2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks, also I've been confused on how online works if your in the US. Does it being a JPN game effect connecting to games made by JPN players ? Do I need a PS3 or to setup something?

xBladeM6x
Dec 30, 2009, 12:44 AM
Just make a JP PSN account. (Easily can be made from youtube video guides) and then put it on your PSP. You don't need a PS3, just the PSP. Also games made/hosted by JP players will not change your online experience. Aside from not understanding a thing they are saying. But that's why there is an IRC for the english players. :P

Anymore questions? ^^

VorpalLord
Dec 30, 2009, 12:49 AM
Not at the moment, thanks =]

Anon_Fire
Dec 30, 2009, 01:55 AM
I would assume, around Spring or Summer 2010

Skyly HUmar
Dec 30, 2009, 02:24 AM
So you need a JP PSN to play it online? I never knew it mattered lol^^.

I also say get the JP version. JP versions of games have alot more content than english games 90% of the time... PSP1 for example lol.

Pillan
Dec 30, 2009, 07:40 AM
PSP took about 9 or 10 months to get to the US. PSZ took 11 months. PSU's supplementary update still hasn't made it overseas. Given that PSP2 supposedly has twice the story content of PSP, that means twice the time to translate it. Plus, much like with PSZ, they have to remove all the collaboration content that they won't get contracts for in the US. I'll be surprised if there is an English version within a year.

So, yes, I'd recommend getting the Japanese version even with no or limited knowledge of the language.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 30, 2009, 04:46 PM
Right now the NA branch of Sega is sharpening up they're digital scissors so they can trim out the really awesome stuff for the localization for PSP2: Portable Harder.

RemiusTA
Dec 30, 2009, 04:48 PM
It'll be a damn shame, too. Thats ALOT of good content that's going to be removed.

ashley50
Dec 30, 2009, 04:51 PM
hey, at least you don't have to wander in the dark no more ;]

Omega-R7
Dec 30, 2009, 05:36 PM
ok so PS|P JP came out 7-31-08 then 6 months later the english one on 3-03-09.
so if they go same way on Psp2. maybe well get in 06-??-10 or in 07-??-10.
12-3-09 jp

Arika
Dec 30, 2009, 10:04 PM
It is not likely the same way in PSPo1 does, because PSPo1 has much less story to translate compare to this one. I says PSPo2-US will take more time to release.

and as everybody know, they will remove DLC, and collaboration stuffs.

For online mode? dunno if it will remove that too, depend on how many sale they expect to have in US/EU. (they made online mode for PSPo2-JP because PSPo1 JP sold very well)

Omega-R7
Dec 30, 2009, 10:31 PM
ok by that ^ my new dates are now 9-??-?? and ??-??-?? forgot the DLC and the new things. -_-