PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Houzuki Unsealing Method

Izuna
Dec 31, 2009, 12:19 PM
Super Elite title reward (10000 kills):
Kokuin Tou ・ Houzuki (コクイントウ・ホウズキ)

The successor the Tsumakiri J-Sword I suppose, possibly the best sword in the game. It unseals once 2000 enemies are killed when the sword is used. This gives it a 30% increase in stats.

Free Mission: 星の傷跡 (Star's Scar? Scarred Planet?) C
This is on Planet Parum

Monster LV is 5, enemies should die in 1HIT.
Block 1 holds 30 ENEMIES: time taken between MISSION SELECT and ABANDON MISSION after last four enemies are killed is 1:30.

(2000 / 30) x 1.5 = 100 Minutes
That's 1 Hour and 40 Minutes to unseal.

NOTE: if actually finishing the mission is to your fancy, there are a total of 86 enemies taking roughly 5 minutes to complete, that's close to 2 hours.

[ATP]
BASE = 610
10/10 Unsealed = 898
EX Grade = 1248

Amherst_Wind
Dec 31, 2009, 12:48 PM
By far the best sword in the game if you use an Extend code on it, Lightning Espada is very slightly better at base stats though and you get a special, though as I said using an Extend code gets you a ton of options for a special, all at Lv5 apparently. O_O

Now the hard choice... do I use a code on the Title reward version or try and get one to drop to get an Element on it... D:

Arika
Dec 31, 2009, 12:53 PM
By far the best sword in the game if you use an Extend code on it, Lightning Espada is very slightly better at base stats though and you get a special, though as I said using an Extend code gets you a ton of options for a special, all at Lv5 apparently. O_O

Now the hard choice... do I use a code on the Title reward version or try and get one to drop to get an Element on it... D:

get as many extend code as you want. C-mode standing by!

Amherst_Wind
Dec 31, 2009, 12:59 PM
I know, I know. xD
That requires... effort however. (I am almost close to my 3rd code though, two more stages as Ranger)

However I have a feeling this will be an incredibly tough drop, probably the reason they made it a Title reward in the first place...

Izuna
Dec 31, 2009, 01:05 PM
You're right!
Guys, what do you suppose the weapon name translates to? PSO used to have Kanji in weapon names so it was a lot easier to tell.

コクイントウ = こくいん刀 (Carved Seal Sword)

ホウズキ is something like Tsumakiri?

Amherst_Wind
Dec 31, 2009, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking of going for Freeze Lv5. :) Hold them still for Grand Crasher!

Izuna
Dec 31, 2009, 01:17 PM
I would go for Paralyse LV5, love that element.
I hope my Double Cannon comes with a light element once I find it.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 31, 2009, 01:21 PM
According to the wiki the choice is limited to...

Combustion Lv5
Freeze Lv5
Confusion Lv5
Sleep Lv5
Infection Lv5
HP absorption LV5

I would go for Stun if it was available, alas it is not... from that list I see Freeze and Combustion as being the most useful, maybe HP absorbtion depending on what % it drains (which is apparently 10% of damage inflicted... not bad at all).

Skyly HUmar
Dec 31, 2009, 01:35 PM
That must be what my buddy got owned by lol. Can't wait to get it.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 31, 2009, 02:11 PM
Guys, what do you suppose the weapon name translates to? PSO used to have Kanji in weapon names so it was a lot easier to tell.

コクイントウ = こくいん刀 (Carved Seal Sword)

コウズキ is something like Tsumakiri?

Sealed Kokuintou? Though the weapon name doesn't actually change once you unseal it does it? In which case that name would be a little inappropriate...

Tycho
Dec 31, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hah, C Star Scar runs was exactly what I was doing for mine. I totally want that L5 HP drain. XD
I too feel annoyed by their kanji aversion in this game; should be 刻印刀・鬼灯 though (loosely translates as 'carved blade will-o'-wisp' I guess). I'm thinking Ten'i Musou will be 天威無双 by the way.
It's unfortunate info on official transliterations has been scarce, but fortunately for language purists (like me) PSU wiki (http://pgr.sakura.ne.jp/m2/html/A4BDA4CEC2BE2FA5CDA1BCA5DFA5F3A5B0.html#wcf1cada) has some more for Skill PAs at least!

Izuna
Jan 1, 2010, 08:27 AM
I recently picked up a 10*? whip that had some Kanji in its name, which is good, but if they're going to do it for some weapons...
I guess it is so young people can play the game and say the weapons. Also, PSP2 is freaking hard to write Kanji in, it's not as good with compounds as windows is.

Volcompat321
Jan 1, 2010, 11:45 AM
I still don't know where to get this weapon.
:(

Amherst_Wind
Jan 1, 2010, 11:49 AM
Its a Title reward, for killing 10,000 enemies if I recall...

Arika
Jan 1, 2010, 11:53 AM
yes it is title reward, I think you should already have that sword long ago, when you were level around 70-80. So check it in the room machine.... it would be weird if a lv 200 not have that -_-

Amherst_Wind
Jan 1, 2010, 11:56 AM
You probably couldn't equip it at the time you got it as a reward due to Rank and Lv req (like most people would I think) and just dumped it in your storage and forgot about it. :)

Volcompat321
Jan 1, 2010, 11:56 AM
I haven't received any rewards past uh...level 50(exaggerating of course). (the last one I got was PA I think)
I just don't check em haha.
(I got them, just didn't go to my phone and get em)

I'll get to it, thanks!

Also, what's this about an element one?
It drops too?

You probably couldn't equip it at the time you got it as a reward due to Rank and Lv req (like most people would I think) and just dumped it in your storage and forgot about it. :)

Maybe, since I don't know how to read it..
Although, I was Hunter most of the time, so the level req would be the only thing stopping me from using it at the time I got it.
I'll check. I saw the picture in the last page, so I'll try to match it up.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 1, 2010, 05:08 PM
what other weapons get drastically better when extend coded like that sword?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 1, 2010, 05:28 PM
what other weapons get drastically better when extend coded like that sword?

Only a few, generally S ranked weapons get very small boosts compared to the boosts a C or B rank would get but there are some exceptions for certain weapons, for example Psycho Wand gets a huge boost as you might expect.

Drawers
Jan 1, 2010, 07:43 PM
Wow yay I love weapons with actually interesting backstories like PSO.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 2, 2010, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know if its better to unseal then grind the Hozuki? or grind then unseal? or does it make no difference whatsoever... I do notice that if I extend code it before its unsealed I only get a Lv1 special as opposed to Lv5...
The weapon grinding page on the wiki has a lot of talk about it in the comments section...
http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/psp2/E6ADA6E599A8E5BCB7E58C96.html

Izuna
Jan 2, 2010, 09:13 PM
My Hoozuki is LV5 1248, you get to choose the status change, I ground mine before using the extend code -- it should be perfectly okay if you do it that way.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 2, 2010, 09:20 PM
You unsealed yours before you grinded it then? I guess that would be why I'm only getting a Lv1 special. I'm just wondering if it has an impact on the stats, because the unsealing gives it a 30% stat boost apparently, which means it would obviously get a bigger boost if it were grinded first... but I dunno if thats how it works.

Izuna
Jan 3, 2010, 07:47 AM
Actually, I ground mine before unsealing, just didn't have the ability to use an extend code until after it unsealed.

The 30% boost isn't exactly 30% either, and I think unlike PSO, even rare weapons have different ATPs from one drop to the next. I picked up two of those see-through dragon rods (1000+ TP when extended) and one was better than the other.

evange
Jan 3, 2010, 09:37 AM
i unsealed first then grind+extend mine and still ends up same as izuna.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 3, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hmmm... I just don't want to be stuck with a Lv1 special. D:
I guess I'll grind it to 10, then unseal, then use the extend code then. I'll try to save before it unseals and then see what happens when doing it in a different order.

It appears that if you grind a Hozuki before you unseal it, the ATP increase per grind is +7-9, if you grind it after unsealing it the ATP increase is +9-12. Thats the same 30% increase the weapons base stats receive when you unseal it, in other words grinding it before or after should have the same result, you don't lose anything doing it in either order. I don't know for a fact but I presume the same is true depending on if you use an Extend code before or after unsealing stat wise, so now I just have to hope that when you unseal it the Lv1 special will turn into a Lv5 special.

Tycho
Jan 3, 2010, 02:26 PM
From what I read the 30% boost is not a one-time change, but rather a passive continuous thing -- it automatically reapplies to the boosts from both grinding and extending. In other words, you shouldn't need to extend before unsealing. I hope yours will still turn out okay. D:

iSelphy
Jan 3, 2010, 06:25 PM
Just wondering, what level do you have to be equip this sword? Sealed and Unsealed?

Tycho
Jan 3, 2010, 06:56 PM
80, I think 90 when extended. Unsealing won't change it (that'd be cruel!).

Skyly HUmar
Jan 28, 2010, 11:22 PM
So guys, does it unseal automatically or do you have to do something? I'm wondering cuz I have roughly 2000 kills with mine, and I dunno if I'm close OR if I just have to hit whatever the unseal option is.

Mike
Jan 28, 2010, 11:38 PM
So guys, does it unseal automatically or do you have to do something? I'm wondering cuz I have roughly 2000 kills with mine, and I dunno if I'm close OR if I just have to hit whatever the unseal option is.

It will unseal automatically. When you reach the required number of kills, it will automatically power up and change in appearance.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
It will unseal automatically. When you reach the required number of kills, it will automatically power up and change in appearance.

Thnx buddy :D.

Nytesong
Oct 8, 2012, 09:12 PM
so i finally went to the trouble of unsealing this thing. (mosly cuz i maxed vanguard and i'm playing with hunter now.) this little guide was helpful. just in case if someone don't know, you can abandon mission from the start menu. alot faster than running back to the beginning ^^;