PDA

View Full Version : New to PSZ

Cruciarius
Jan 1, 2010, 01:26 AM
I recently got PSZ. Missed PSO 1&2 on GC and finally the long awaited handheld PSO is out, but...

Kind of disappointed with pso-world's info for it.

Like... in PSO, you've got tech weaknesses for all monsters and bosses. Don't have it for PSZ, yet, but I know a few things. Wetlands monsters seem to be weak to foie and the snow area as well. Robots are weak vs zonde still, it seems.

I'm still in normal and early hard modes, but just with my RAcaseal. Started a FOnewearl and wishing someone made tech guides.

Also, where are the rarity drop percents? I'm not seeing, for example, item X has 1/100 chance to drop in zone X. Just... what drops in a zone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the site and have been a frequent visitor for years. Is it just that PSZ is new and nobody has written such guides yet?

Vayne
Jan 1, 2010, 01:34 AM
As far as I know, there's no where that has drop rates yet. As for elemental weaknesses, they are lacking. If you want to submit a guide for it I'm sure they'd be happy to put it on the site. The games still relatively new to the US so hopefully these things will come along eventually, especially drop rates.

LouieW
Jan 1, 2010, 01:39 AM
From what I know about the actual guide books that are out in English there are not real drop rate charts available. I know people know that certain items are much more difficult to find than others (like Psycho Wand), but I do not know the specific rates. If you ask around I am sure you can pick up some more information from people who have played more than I have. The Zeropedia (http://pszero.psupedia.info/Main_Page) has some good information as well.

You are right though, there are not that many guides out yet since the English version of the game has not been out for long. I am not sure what you mean by tech guides though. Maybe I just am a little thick, but I think it might help to clarify what you mean by that.

Cruciarius
Jan 1, 2010, 01:54 AM
Tech guides, as in, guides that tell force users what techs to use on each monster/boss.

I just finished off normal with my FOnewearl (literally not even 10 minutes ago). I was told to use foie vs MT and a slicer vs DF. However, I lacked a slicer, so... I lvled up to 38 (tried at 30 and 35, but failed) and I finally beat them. Foie did work pretty well vs MT. For DF, I used grants, which did around 100 damage. Not ideal, but foie vs DF was only doing maybe 20-30 damage.

I'd be more than willing to assist in a tech guide, due to all the help this site has given me. Was actually thinking about writing down every monster/boss name and making note of what tech did best vs each one. However, my techs aren't all at the same tech lvl, yet.

LouieW
Jan 1, 2010, 02:08 AM
Okay, sorry that I did not initially understand what you meant by that. For DF, melee is almost always going to be more effective than techniques as far as I know. I actually rarely use techniques against MT so I did not know about foie for that boss. Zonde works well for the machine bosses and OD and Barta works somewhat well for Rayburn. Tech resistances are pretty high in Super Hard so I think it probably would be easiest for someone who is playing in that difficulty to write a guide.

Still, I think part of the reason for there not yet being a guide on tech resistances is because in Normal and Hard I hear most forces just use Megid and Zonde most of the time. A guide would be useful though, I agree.

Ogni-XR21
Jan 1, 2010, 06:26 AM
I recently started using Alzonde against Rayburn, saw someone do it in free play and it's really working great.

I usually just figure out while playing what tech to use against which 'hostile', looking it up in a guide seems more time consuming than just testing while I play.

Cruciarius
Jan 1, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'd just prefer a guide, so I don't need to trial and error with every tech, when I fight a boss. That is what I loved about the PSO 1&2 guide. Listed the monsters and the tech they were weak against, so I knew what techs to put on the palette, when in that area.