PDA

View Full Version : Character Bios

Polenicus
Feb 27, 2003, 03:19 AM
Mebbe I'm the only one who does this, but when I play a role-playing game like PSO, I take the time to flesh out my characters' backgrounds. That usually gives the character a style all their own, and directs their weapons preferences, fighting style, etc. I like to keep my characters as differentiated as possible.
I'm not sure if there's any interest, but I thought I'd share the bios of my 4 mains, just for fun. Anyone else wanna post their char bios?

Name: Prime
Class: HUmar
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 220lbs
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Signature Weapon: Doublesabers
Background:
Prime comes from a military family, a long line of warriors in the Coral Armed Forces. His father and brother were both serving when he came of age to enlist. Unfortunately, Prime earned himself a near disownment by signing up for the Hunter's Guild. his father felt he had betrayed his duty and the family's honour by deciding being a filthy mercenary was better than honourable military duty. He felt that Prime's actions were motivated by greed, and wanted nothing more to do with him.

In reality, Prime felt a little stifled by his father and his predetermined career. He hadn't expected the reaction he got, and would have been in serious trouble if his sensei, a hunter named Darius, hadn't taken him in. Darius taught the eager young man martial arts and the art of being a hunter, which was, as he put it, 'More than just breaking things in a flashy way'.

When Pioneer 1 left Coral, Prime's family was aboard, as his father was assigned under Heathcliff Flowen's command. Distance seemed to be the balm that his wounded family relationship needed, and at his sensei's insistence, he struck up a tentative correspondence with his family. Eventually, Prime's father relented, and invited him to come join them on Ragol. Prime jumped at the chance, but Pioneer 2 was already making preparations to depart... how would he get a berth so late?

Again his sensei had the answer. He had already booked two berths well in advance. Of course, Darius passed this off, saying 'We would have to have gone sooner or later.'

Prime continued his correspondence aboard Pioneer 2, until, after two years of travel, they arrived at Ragol. Prime was in one of the crowded observation lounges as the ship entered orbit and prepared to open a communications link.
He had a perfect view as the explosion rocked the entire planet.

Darius told him to stay aboard the ship, while he went down with the first search parties to look for survivors. He stayed in contact with Prime via the BEE system... up until contact was suddenly cut off. Prime immediately joined the second team entering the ruins, intending to find his sensei and figure out what the hell was going on.

All he found of Darius was his doublecannon, which was fortunate, because he needed it to survive the hordes of demons boiling up from the depths. He never understood why he was one of the few who was not simply taken by the mist. He was never sure of how he and the few other survived their fight with Falz... his memory was always fuzzy about that event. All he knew was that it wasn't over.

He returned to Pioneer 2 and closed off the world for a while. He knew other things were going on, but he simply didn't CARE anymore. Until he heard about Gal Da Val, and the message from Heathcliff Flowen.

If Flowen was alive, then perhaps...

He now sets out for the island research center, in the hopes that perhaps his family has survived as well, and perhaps he can find some answers as to what happened and is happening on Ragol.

Zolpner
Feb 27, 2003, 03:22 AM
^_^ kewl

(um but should this be in Fan Works 0_o)

ginko990
Feb 27, 2003, 08:57 AM
On 2003-02-27 00:22, Zolpner wrote:
^_^ kewl

(um but should this be in Fan Works 0_o)

Yessum.

Boot, to Fan Works.

Shit im not a mod.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ginko990 on 2003-02-27 05:58 ]</font>

Buuyon
Feb 27, 2003, 10:42 AM
Me and my friend are ganna make a book of how are chars met and backrounds and stuff...it will be very odd lost of pictures and losts of pages...