Feb 27, 2003, 04:54 AM
Xbox Lags Behind GameCube for Phantasy Star Online

Xbox owners will have to wait just a little longer for
Sonic Team's Phantasy Star Online. The game was delayed to
March 26th.
Now it has since been delayed again till April

No reasons have been given at this time for the change but Xbox owners
must be going green with envy seeing PSO on the GameCube
source:gcpso.tk (http://tkdsouth.tripod.com/Front.html)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BendMeOver on 2003-02-27 01:55 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 27, 2003, 05:28 AM
hm.. maybe they take the "valid live-account for offline mode too"-thingy out?

SilencePSO
Feb 27, 2003, 06:44 AM
Doubt it. They say they arn't taking it out to get it here faster. I think they arn't taking it out to make more people want Xbox Live, and to keep people with mod chips, who may possibly cheat, from ruining PSO.

rena-ko
Feb 27, 2003, 06:55 AM
thats a point too... well... (couldnt care less anyway...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-02-27 03:55 ]</font>

saffaya
Feb 27, 2003, 07:26 AM

Considering that the vast majority of GC Us users don't even have a keyboard, and that Xbox PSO has a kb adapter included in addition to voice chat, I find this quite an overstatement ..

saffaya
Feb 27, 2003, 07:28 AM
I think they arn't taking it out to make more people want Xbox Live, and to keep people with mod chips, who may possibly cheat, from ruining PSO.

mmh ? I don't follow you there.
What has delaying PSO to do with modchips ?
Instant banning of Xbox running modchip and connecting to live at the same time has been in place for month. heard of anything else ?

Phobos-X
Feb 27, 2003, 07:57 AM
ah nothing like rubbing salt on the open wound...only thing i disagree is that im not green with envy, but im red with rage! the only light of hope would have been that xbox.com still has march ast the release date, but then again we all know the incompetence of the "official" site

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 27, 2003, 11:49 AM
Interestingly enough...gamestop.com has changed their date again...to 3/18/03!

BendMeOver
Feb 27, 2003, 01:26 PM
well im gutted it will be so long the eu version will take even longer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

gallaugher
Feb 27, 2003, 01:51 PM
On 2003-02-27 04:26, saffaya wrote:

Considering that the vast majority of GC Us users don't even have a keyboard, and that Xbox PSO has a kb adapter included in addition to voice chat, I find this quite an overstatement ..

I think the point here is that GC users can actually play & have been able to do so since October. X Box users have to put up with a much later start date & continued delays.

Actually, I was in Babbages yesterday & a guy walked in to cancel his PSOX pre-order because of the delay. The funny thing is, the guy working there told him that it had been delayed because they decided to add Episode II. Sounds like total crap to me.

Bloodberry
Feb 27, 2003, 01:59 PM
The funny thing is, the guy working there told him that it had been delayed because they decided to add Episode II. Sounds like total crap to me.

People like that get jobs how?

GandorDurin
Feb 27, 2003, 02:18 PM
"My version of PSO can kick your version's ass!"

I think it's about time people realize they should just play the freakin game that they own and live with it, both games will be indentical for the most part anyway.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

burst
Feb 27, 2003, 03:35 PM
The funny thing is, the guy working there told him that it had been delayed because they decided to add Episode II.

(sorry, it's a rant)
I hate workers like that. When I worked at Software ETC., there was a guy who would lie about anything to get reserves. I remember on multible occations he would say games like Perfect Dark, Zelda, or other big name titles were only going to be released in the thousands for the first shipment, when we knew for a fact that our store alone would have all of our reserves covered (about 70 for PD), and an extra 50 added onto the final reserve count. Jesus, I hated that guy, and all guys like them.

gallaugher
Feb 27, 2003, 03:42 PM
This same employee at Babbages gave me a look of shock when I told him I wanted to buy the memory card 59 instead of the big one for fear of data corruption. I specifically mentioned that it was only for PSO. He's got long brown hair, all one length, about to his chin. I wonder if he posts here?

Elusive_Llama
Feb 27, 2003, 03:56 PM
GC has a keyboard adaptor...all we have to do is buy it and assemble it ;p

BendMeOver
Feb 27, 2003, 04:46 PM
have you seen the instructions to assemble you have to be an engineer grrrrrrr
why cant you buy it assmbled?

GyroidFanatic
Feb 27, 2003, 05:05 PM
On 2003-02-27 04:28, saffaya wrote:

I think they arn't taking it out to make more people want Xbox Live, and to keep people with mod chips, who may possibly cheat, from ruining PSO.

Instant banning of Xbox running modchip and connecting to live at the same time has been in place for month. heard of anything else ?

Did you think a little thing like that would stop hackers? New Mod Chips have been made that allow you to go onto Live with a Mod Chip.

Oh, and BendMeOver, there are premade kits being made by other people. They should be on sale soon. Check near the end of the keyboard topic for more.

IronKnight
Feb 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
So it's delayed. Am I pissed? Yes. Does it make we wanna buy PSO GC? No. The reason why I even bother waiting is cause PSO GC lacks everything that makes PSO fun for me: Chat with a readily available kb, Hack-Free Gaming...etc. PSO Xbox will be a much more interesting version if just for the fact that MS is running the service.

gallaugher
Feb 27, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-02-27 14:30, IronKnight wrote:
So it's delayed. Am I pissed? Yes. Does it make we wanna buy PSO GC? No. The reason why I even bother waiting is cause PSO GC lacks everything that makes PSO fun for me: Chat with a readily available kb, Hack-Free Gaming...etc. PSO Xbox will be a much more interesting version if just for the fact that MS is running the service.

blah, blah, blah

Vantamiath
Feb 27, 2003, 07:38 PM
On 2003-02-27 15:11, gallaugher wrote:

On 2003-02-27 14:30, IronKnight wrote:

blah, blah, blah

I must agree, and your point about hack free gaming makes me laugh. (Xbox is screwed)

HoCcha! hocklicha!

...well you all know what laughter sounds like.

jimmer_jammer
Feb 27, 2003, 07:46 PM
To iHATEpsoCHEATERS: You haven't played any xbox live game online much, have you? Saying Xbox is screwed is kind of ironic considering you are probably playing pso on gc and that is already screwed.

SilencePSO
Feb 27, 2003, 08:05 PM
On 2003-02-27 04:28, saffaya wrote:

The point isn't the delay, the point is keeping Xbox Live a requirement. People keep hoping that the delay means they will take out the Live requirement, my point is, that probably isn't going to happen. The don't want people using Mod Chips, this is another way to control that. The delay is most likely a manufacturing problem.

PalRappies_go_splat
Feb 27, 2003, 08:08 PM
haha! X BOX SUX!!!! DIE MICROSOFT!!!!! DOWN WITH BILL GATES!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! oops! time for my medicine mmmmmmmm ritalin...

ancutcho
Feb 27, 2003, 08:10 PM
ive had xbox live since the first day it came out and i play unreal,mech assult and fever almost everyday and none of those games have been hacked yet. gamecube pso has already been hacked and has all those bugs. ms will be running the servers for psox so it will probally be safer and i doubt anyone will hack psox.

ancutcho
Feb 27, 2003, 08:14 PM
forgot to mention that psox in jp has been out for bout 2 month already and it hasnt been hacked yet. psogc was hacked the week it came out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-01 13:44 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Feb 27, 2003, 08:20 PM
On 2003-02-27 16:46, jimmer_jammer wrote:
To iHATEpsoCHEATERS: You haven't played any xbox live game online much, have you? Saying Xbox is screwed is kind of ironic considering you are probably playing pso on gc and that is already screwed.

For one, PSO GC is far from screwed.

Sure, it has some duping problems, but nothing to categorize it as "screwed."

And I'm sorry, but unless they somehow control how the Xbox is constructed, its gonna be as easy as getting laid on prom night to hack.

ancutcho
Feb 27, 2003, 08:29 PM
so if its easy to hack the xbox then tell me y no one has done it yet in jap and none of the other xbox games has been hacked yet?

Celes152
Feb 27, 2003, 08:33 PM
GCN PSO has not been "hacked".

ancutcho
Feb 27, 2003, 08:40 PM
well not really but u can dupe and the games got lots of problems. everyday theres like a new bug reported plus the games boring since there no keyboard. not being able to chat loses almost all the fun.

Blue147
Feb 27, 2003, 08:52 PM
no blackhat would hack a video game.they wouldnt get anything.and it would be to easy unless your count that guy who has no life and ruined pso DC name was BurBarry or something.people just use cheat codes for a cheat device not hack.hacking and use cheat codes are not even the samething.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 27, 2003, 09:08 PM
Oh boy. I love these.

XBOX hasnt been hacked AT ALL. No one has been able to break their security without the aid of a mod chip.

Hell, even the Linux contest backfired. The MIT kid only got it working with a mod chip. The Linux group backed down, realizing its damn near impossible to break without the aid of a mod chip. They're currently looking for Microsoft to issue the the security seal so Linux can be run without the aid of modification.

gallaugher
Feb 27, 2003, 09:10 PM
On 2003-02-27 17:40, ancutcho wrote:
well not really but u can dupe and the games got lots of problems. everyday theres like a new bug reported plus the games boring since there no keyboard. not being able to chat loses almost all the fun.

You sound bitter over continued delays.
You can't dupe in the GC version.
There's not a new problem every day.
I have a keyboard.
Perhaps the bugs that HAVE been discovered in the GC version have contributed to the delay of the X Box version? Honestly, I have no idea why it has taken this long. However, thinking that the involvement of M'Soft only makes it better is foolish. Have you ever connected to Windows Update & read what all those updates actually fix? I highly suggest you do just that.

rena-ko
Feb 28, 2003, 05:14 AM
i think its like with the european releases of pso... delay due no real reason... maybe marketing issues... since the code werent changed...

then the hacking on cube will yet have to start... anyone seen any actionreplay hacker allready? (i know its out, i had the package in my hands allready)

and hacking on xbox? honestly... this wont happen in the near future.

well, we'll see...

Malkavian
Feb 28, 2003, 11:48 AM
In PSOX Jp version there's duping too.

Alisha
Feb 28, 2003, 01:43 PM
On 2003-02-27 04:26, saffaya wrote:

thats funny ive been noticing a LOT of people have keyboards now including myself

BendMeOver
Feb 28, 2003, 01:45 PM
well i think you are both right

Celes152
Feb 28, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-02-27 17:52, Blue147 wrote:
no blackhat would hack a video game.they wouldnt get anything.and it would be to easy unless your count that guy who has no life and ruined pso DC name was BurBarry or something.people just use cheat codes for a cheat device not hack.hacking and use cheat codes are not even the samething.

He did cause problems with DC PSO, yes. He does however have a life and is more acomplished than you'll ever be. Why? For one thing, he can spell people's names. You've got to be pretty knowledgeable about computer hacking, and PSO to do what he does.

IronKnight
Feb 28, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-02-28 10:55, Celes152 wrote:

On 2003-02-27 17:52, Blue147 wrote:

He did cause problems with DC PSO, yes. He does however have a life and is more acomplished than you'll ever be. Why? For one thing, he can spell people's names. You've got to be pretty knowledgeable about computer hacking, and PSO to do what he does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-01 13:44 ]</font>

Jack
Feb 28, 2003, 05:27 PM
[quote]
On 2003-02-28 14:01, IronKnight wrote:quote]

Here's a tissue. Wipe the lame insult off the board.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-01 13:45 ]</font>

Blue147
Feb 28, 2003, 06:17 PM

to hack a VIDEO GAME you would have to have no outside life.and i cant spell his name right cause i dont know what his names is moron."or something" meaning i dont know and i dont care.

saffaya
Feb 28, 2003, 06:25 PM
On 2003-02-28 08:48, Malkavian wrote:

Care to elaborate ?
Is there a glitch way the way GC has it ? Or is it from editing the saves with a PC ?

saffaya
Feb 28, 2003, 06:28 PM
On 2003-02-28 10:43, Alisha wrote:
thats funny ive been noticing a LOT of people have keyboards now including myself

I'm sure there is a lot of people from this board or other internet boards that have a kb on GC.
Just consider what fraction of the whole GC players you are ?
Honestly, how many average Us GC players DID import a japanese pad/kb combo ?

gallaugher
Feb 28, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-02-28 15:25, saffaya wrote:

On 2003-02-28 08:48, Malkavian wrote:

Care to elaborate ?
Is there a glitch way the way GC has it ? Or is it from editing the saves with a PC ?

do not link or give out names to cheat sites. this will result in an instant ban but for now, i have given you 1 warning. this si the second time you've done this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-01 13:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-01 13:46 ]</font>

saffaya
Feb 28, 2003, 06:47 PM
Did you think a little thing like that would stop hackers? New Mod Chips have been made that allow you to go onto Live with a Mod Chip.

I have just checked some hackers forums and these are only rumours for the moment. There is nothing available yet.

saffaya
Mar 1, 2003, 02:20 PM
It's true. I can't give out the link though.

You're right. As I thought, you need a PC and a modchip but .. it's ten times easier than I thought..
Darn. Sonic Team incompetence at its best ...
This is fu**ing crazy.. (big sigh)

(haven't tried it because I couldn't care less about duping, but it seems genuine)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2003-03-01 11:59 ]</font>

saffaya
Mar 1, 2003, 02:23 PM
to hack a VIDEO GAME you would have to have no outside life.

What's the difference between hacking a video game and, say, tuning your sports car or motorbike ?

BendMeOver
Mar 1, 2003, 03:15 PM
lol there is a fair bit of difference hacking a video game is a bit like taking drugs in the olympics.
if you cant win fairly you dont deserve to win sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Phelan
Mar 1, 2003, 06:35 PM
The reasons for the delays are pretty mysterious, but GC guys really need to stop baggin on the xbox and visa-versa. There is no way to win the debate, so why bother trying? The latter start date for xbox doesn't really matter, actually I don't mind it because it gives me a chance to learn a lot from you GC fellas so I can hopefully have an easier time from the beginning.

NeoLee
Mar 1, 2003, 08:00 PM
I had gotten the GC version a while back and love it.. got online and even though i dont have the keyboard ect. its still fun going to get one soon.. I was really thinking of getting PSO for xbox but after playing AC2 which is MS huge online game i wouldnt trust it lol.. I still play AC2 but every other day somethings wrong, and such.. I know you cant compare the two since one of them is console and other PC but I just hate MS i wouldnt buy any of their products anymore (games) from them.. unless it was really awesome and i just couldnt get my hands off it..

Sometimes i wish i never sold my eq accounts.. i would have still had somewhat fun on an MMORPG

Phelan
Mar 1, 2003, 10:31 PM
I love how everyone bags on microsoft yet when you ask the same person who is saying "I hate MS" what OS they use on their computer, odds are they use Windows.... good call eh? Anyway, another thing you must realize is Microsoft doesn't actually make games, they just produce them. It is just like the way music albums work. Someone writes/performces the music, then a company slaps their label on it.

NeoLee
Mar 2, 2003, 03:31 AM
kind of hard to run something other than MS when 99% of games made for PC run with windows.. I'd go with linux but to me i hate it more so than MS.. its okay though i just wouldnt use it.. and i already know this, the thing is Turbine the creators of AC2 work for MS now since MS owns em, MS got rid of a majority of the developers, techies and such from AC and hired their own employes for AC2.. so basically they screwed it up thats why i hate MS.. sorry i dont look so deep into what i say and no i do not have i hate MS posters on my wall.. was just something i said because truthfully i cant stand em.. and yes i run Win Xp cause its the dominating OS out there and all games run a lot better if at all only on XP..

"DERR"

BendMeOver
Mar 2, 2003, 04:52 AM
lol i expect the xbox has a lot to offer

Jack
Mar 2, 2003, 05:06 AM
On 2003-03-01 19:31, Phelan wrote:
I love how everyone bags on microsoft yet when you ask the same person who is saying "I hate MS" what OS they use on their computer, odds are they use Windows.... good call eh?

Nope. I use Mac OS X. I just got fed up with what has to be one of the most unstable OS' I've seen in my life.

saffaya
Mar 2, 2003, 05:51 AM
On 2003-03-01 12:15, BendMeOver wrote:
lol there is a fair bit of difference hacking a video game is a bit like taking drugs in the olympics.
if you cant win fairly you dont deserve to win sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sorry, professionnal habits prevented me from seeing it that way.
never thought about it in terms of cheating to finish a game.
For my friends and me, hacking mean getting to know the internal mechanics of a game in order to enhance it. Barubary's PSO server for PC is one. A friend of mine wants to add a capture screen option in DOAX.
That's the kind of hacking I was comparing to tuning your car. I

BendMeOver
Mar 2, 2003, 06:10 AM
mmm i see my gsi needs tuning lol
but i get your point you would say use a different attitude towards online game tho?

Phelan
Mar 2, 2003, 08:29 AM
The difference I see is most people who hack do it to hamper the gaming experience of others. I have the utmost respect for people who like to tool around with the gaming code ect to change the parameters of the game, but not for the purposes of getting all the rarest items, or doing something that would ruin another players good time.

BrokenHope
Mar 2, 2003, 09:32 AM
On 2003-02-27 17:40, ancutcho wrote:

The xbox version was written by sonic team, so why do you suddenly think the xbox version won't have any bugs?

The xbox doesn't need to be hacked to be ruined, sonic team do a good enough job ruining there own games they don't need anyone else to do it for them.

Malkavian
Mar 2, 2003, 10:09 AM
Well I think is better to play the game w/o keyboard than don't play it.

maybe there aren't many GC users with keyboard *NOW* but neither many Xbox users that imported japanese PSO

BendMeOver
Mar 2, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-03-02 07:09, Malkavian wrote:
Well I think is better to play the game w/o keyboard than don't play it.

well i will be playingit not matter what i can happily play offline on online for quite a time once i have completed ult on all levels then i'll get bored and need the online stuff also with this slip screen you wont need a KB but however as a community game it need s a KB to work how many ppl want to waste hours hand typing with there pads its just stupid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vantamiath
Mar 2, 2003, 04:20 PM
Yes, XBOX is 100% hackproof! (COUGH UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP COUGH)

jimmer_jammer
Mar 2, 2003, 06:17 PM
iHATEpsoCHEATERS, damn whats your problem man? You're so biased! Just calm down. It's not like its our fault xbox has the best security of all the new consoles. Get a life already..

Phelan
Mar 2, 2003, 06:23 PM
The problems with UC weren't what I would call hacks, those were bugs in the game that people exploited, it wasn't someone recoding ect. to take advantage of the game, anyone in the game could exploit the TAG rifle bug ect.

CrashCat
Mar 2, 2003, 07:08 PM
There's only two reasons I'm getting XBox PSO (besides of course that I have both a Box and a Cube): First, I don't have the desire to pay a keyboard importer and I don't have time to watch the adapter kit people to see when they're going to put up another auction. Second, I think voice chat will mean I actually have a chance to learn how to play Challenge mode competently. Keyboard macros just don't cut it for critical situations. Sure there will be idiots, but it's a lot easier than typing while you're trying to avoid getting killed. That said, I'm not positive I will get it since I've been playing another game online since I gave up on PSO on the Cube.

ancutcho
Mar 2, 2003, 07:29 PM
i gave up on my gamecube too. i mean it just took all the fun out of not being able to type and it was frustrating to use the onscreen keyboard. it was hard to trade, get to know people and that y it took all the fun away. cant wait for xbox pso. talkin gonna be sooo fun!

Wolfos
Mar 2, 2003, 08:39 PM
Hmm, im kinda stuck on a mental loop here, you see i dont like Microsoft or X-box, yet i think they have good ideas for offers. maybe somethign to do with the money backing it up. I chose to stick with my GC for the simple reason, Nintedo put more effort into making there games as long, nice looking and funky soundtrakingly they can. X-box tends to make games they can steal from a PC and PS2 are too cocky to really make me feel there good.

Anyway back to topic. X-box have been lagging behind in terms of wanting to make sure its the best game they can make ( most softwear makers do it....exsept X-men : Next Dimention....glitchy ) and if they delay it. it will be worth it. kinda mad about the keyboard and such. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif oh and Bill Gates better work out that online to play offline stuff. otherwise hes gonna get crappy sales from PSO

saffaya
Mar 3, 2003, 03:11 AM
On 2003-03-02 03:10, BendMeOver wrote:
mmm i see my gsi needs tuning lol
but i get your point you would say use a different attitude towards online game tho?

That depends. If someone had written a codebreaker code that prevented CK and NOL, the life of all online gamers would have been eased on DC.

Jack
Mar 3, 2003, 03:49 AM
I love how everyone bags on microsoft yet when you ask the same person who is saying "I hate MS" what OS they use on their computer, odds are they use Windows.... good call eh?

Oh, another point to this. A lot of people will still live with their parents here. Now, how many people's parents are fluently literate with Mac OS? I guess not many. They'll only know how to use Windows, because that's what was forced upon them. The other residents of the house would either have to use Windows or buy their own Mac/Linux box. Which is more convenient?

BendMeOver
Mar 3, 2003, 03:53 PM
lol ver good but at least the xbox gets a key board

IronKnight
Mar 3, 2003, 04:37 PM
On 2003-03-03 00:49, Jack wrote:

Oh, another point to this. A lot of people will still live with their parents here. Now, how many people's parents are fluently literate with Mac OS? I guess not many. They'll only know how to use Windows, because that's what was forced upon them. The other residents of the house would either have to use Windows or buy their own Mac/Linux box. Which is more convenient?

You can't be a gamer and own a Macintosh... Last time I was thinking of getting a Mac (they look really stylish http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif) the highest Ati Radeon you could get was a 9000 Pro 64mb. At the time I had a Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb. This was about two months ago. In addition, most games don't support OSX. Macintosh is for that kid in world politics class who swears he's communist and just wants to be different. PCs beat Macs in front side bus speeds, RAM access speeds, and ease of use.

Vantamiath
Mar 3, 2003, 04:39 PM
On 2003-03-02 15:17, jimmer_jammer wrote:
iHATEpsoCHEATERS, damn whats your problem man? You're so biased! Just calm down. It's not like its our fault xbox has the best security of all the new consoles. Get a life already..

Ok, people state XBOX is hack free, then I pick out a game on XBOX live thats ALREADY been/being hacked, and I'm called biased. If Im biased for stating facts, then Ill gladly take your petty insults.

Phelan
Mar 3, 2003, 05:27 PM
ihatepsocheaters.... PSO isn't out yet, so no one knows if it is hackable, also no one knows that even if it can be hacked, if it will be patched or not.

gallaugher
Mar 3, 2003, 05:38 PM
On 2003-03-03 14:27, Phelan wrote:
ihatepsocheaters.... PSO isn't out yet, so no one knows if it is hackable, also no one knows that even if it can be hacked, if it will be patched or not.

It's already out in Japan & didn't take long for people to figure out how to dupe.

ancutcho
Mar 3, 2003, 05:55 PM
[quote]Ok, people state XBOX is hack free, then I pick out a game on XBOX live thats ALREADY been/being hacked, and I'm called biased. If Im biased for stating facts, then Ill gladly take your petty insults.
[quote]

so what game is this? i got alot of xbox live games and none of them have been hacked.

saffaya
Mar 3, 2003, 07:35 PM
On 2003-03-03 14:55, ancutcho wrote:
[quote]Ok, people state XBOX is hack free, then I pick out a game on XBOX live thats ALREADY been/being hacked, and I'm called biased. If Im biased for stating facts, then Ill gladly take your petty insults.
[quote]
so what game is this? i got alot of xbox live games and none of them have been hacked.

You're mixing two different things.
Saves from a game are modifiable. Whether they are saves coming from an offline or an online-capable game doesn't matter.

Modifying a game program itself and then going online with it hasn't been done. Thus everyone playing on Xbox live is using an untampered copy of the game program.

Saves are modifiable. Game programs aren't.

Blue147
Mar 3, 2003, 08:39 PM
i dont lke xbox realy only cause they want to much money and lack of good games.

and from what i've seen it's cheaper to import a KB for gc then play psox.

and guys anything can be hacked.every program has a back door,and if the box is like a pc it wont be that hard ether.

Fate_Of_The_Art
Mar 3, 2003, 08:48 PM
I think that the fact that a Live user can be banned from playing any Xbox game online after they have been found cheating will be something of a deterant to most cheaters...

So the real question is not how soon will PSOX get hacked. It's how fast will MS and or SonicTeam deal with said hackers...

saffaya
Mar 4, 2003, 05:13 AM
i dont lke xbox realy only cause they want to much money and lack of good games.

Actually, the PoS2 costs more for less hardware. (no BBA, no HD), and 2 or 3 games that have progressive display ?
Games ? I'd say there are no games that suit your taste. Not that there aren't good games.
(Gunvalkyrie, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Sea, Otogi, DOA3, DOAX, Halo)

and from what i've seen it's cheaper to import a KB for gc then play psox.

oh ? you can import a KB for less than the $50 of Xbox live ? sweet.

and guys anything can be hacked.every program has a back door,

umh .. no. your best hope is to intercept the communication between the Xbox and Live service. just remember there is a credit card attached to the account you're toying with ...

and if the box is like a pc it wont be that hard ether.

An Xbox isn't a PC. Besides, a PC running Linux or an even tighter Unix can be quite secure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2003-03-04 02:20 ]</font>

BendMeOver
Mar 4, 2003, 03:39 PM
dont worry too much the EU version of the GC pso has just been delay till the 14th so far any way grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Blenjar
Mar 4, 2003, 03:47 PM
7 words.. or 9:
Don't hate if you don't own son.

Blue147
Mar 4, 2003, 05:32 PM
oh ? you can import a KB for less than the $50 of Xbox live ? sweet.

oh i thought you had to pay like 30$ then another 50$ and then 8$ sega wants.and 38$ every mounth or something.

Phelan
Mar 4, 2003, 05:36 PM
You can't compare the prices between the two systems because the LIVE fee covers so many games, instead of just one.

kyori
Mar 4, 2003, 06:30 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifokes saffaya: pay attention to your pms http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MongolHunter
Mar 4, 2003, 08:02 PM
Cost of an xbox to play PSO for one year:
Xbox - ?160 (+ 2 free games)
Live - ?42.99
PSO - ?39.99
PSO/month - ?6 - ?8 (initial 2 months are free)
MAX - ?322.98

Gamecube - ?130 (+ 1 free game)
BB Adapter - ?50
PSO - ?39.99
PSO/month - ?6 - ?8 (initial 1 month free)
Memory Card - ?15 (Xbox has hard drive)
MAX - ?322.99

So technically the xbox version costs less and has 1 more game, more online compatible games with the amazing Live structure and no need to buy a memory card. Add to this the voice chat, broadband only = no lag, full dolby 5.1 support and so far less cheating. It also includes a free keyboard -> xbox interface that you have to send away for but it is still cheaper than the GC option.

The gamecube on the other hand has more players online guranteed for PSO and has international playability (i.e. you can play the USA from the UK) it also has no extra costs to play online and you can play even if you are not connected to the internet. You are also not limited to 12 characters.

However they are almost exactly the same in price so it doesn't really matter and it all depends on your preferences based on these factors.

EDIT:
Pound symbols (GBP) suddenly turned into ?'s

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MongolHunter on 2003-03-04 17:03 ]</font>

Sparkoma
Mar 4, 2003, 08:15 PM
yes but u didnt add seXbox live after a year of live is not free any more.....but u can just bye a new live kit every year......but me owning both i think gc is the beter there is no broadband fee after u buy it. i will most likey get pso 4 xbox but then u have to start ur guy all over. so go game cube.....

p.s. my broadband was only $35 and live was $50

MongolHunter
Mar 4, 2003, 11:14 PM
On 2003-03-04 17:15, Sparkoma wrote:
yes but u didnt add seXbox live after a year of live is not free any more.....but u can just bye a new live kit every year......but me owning both i think gc is the beter there is no broadband fee after u buy it. i will most likey get pso 4 xbox but then u have to start ur guy all over. so go game cube.....

p.s. my broadband was only $35 and live was $50

I clearly said at the start it was for one year, if it was more than that then the prices would have been higher because of the subscription to PSO as well. Your broadband what? Per month?

Sanity
Mar 5, 2003, 01:13 AM
Ah... fanboys and console wars...

Uh, oh, my 'lack of a life' senses are tingling...

NodMan
Mar 5, 2003, 03:07 AM
GOOD! you xbox lovers dont deserve PSO (HALALULAY) that system sucks and you should all throw them away and buy a GameCube ten times better that xbox.

Wolfos
Mar 5, 2003, 03:15 AM
Gamecube dose have ( and normaly i stay away from saying this ) a much better chance of working with PSO then X-box, the PSO engine was remade for GC while the same GC engine is used for PSOX, which may have problems, Not only that but Sega made Ep.2 for GC not for X-box http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif they just get it becouse sega feels that they need it. Also the prices dont matter, what matters is that amount of gamers that will play the game, X-box will get FAR less people playing in the UK due to lack of BB here, while GC will have the VAST majority, being first out and Having a Modem and a BB out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif it makes more since that the GC will have the much higher advantage then X-box for the game. The only thing i see where the GC slips up is the keyboard, they do try and work around the problem but its much harder then they thought.

eather way, PSO will be played on both consoles but unless X-box work something out quickly with BT or another Phone company, there not gonna get a lot of people playing on ( or off ) line

Sparkoma
Mar 5, 2003, 07:48 PM
On 2003-03-05 00:07, NodMan wrote:
GOOD! you xbox lovers dont deserve PSO (HALALULAY) that system sucks and you should all throw them away and buy a GameCube ten times better that xbox.

dude u dumb xbox owns look when xbox came out and game cube xbox had halo 1 of the best games (next to pso) game cube had nothing gc is just now coming out with good games.....

Blue147
Mar 5, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-03-05 16:48, Sparkoma wrote:

On 2003-03-05 00:07, NodMan wrote:

dude u dumb xbox owns look when xbox came out and game cube xbox had halo 1 of the best games (next to pso) game cube had nothing gc is just now coming out with good games.....

thats an opinion not a fact so now whos dumd hahaha.

Mumfo
Mar 5, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-03-05 00:15, Wolfos wrote:
Gamecube dose have ( and normaly i stay away from saying this ) a much better chance of working with PSO then X-box, the PSO engine was remade for GC while the same GC engine is used for PSOX, which may have problems, Not only that but Sega made Ep.2 for GC not for X-box http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif they just get it becouse sega feels that they need it. Also the prices dont matter, what matters is that amount of gamers that will play the game, X-box will get FAR less people playing in the UK due to lack of BB here, while GC will have the VAST majority, being first out and Having a Modem and a BB out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif it makes more since that the GC will have the much higher advantage then X-box for the game. The only thing i see where the GC slips up is the keyboard, they do try and work around the problem but its much harder then they thought.

eather way, PSO will be played on both consoles but unless X-box work something out quickly with BT or another Phone company, there not gonna get a lot of people playing on ( or off ) line

First of all its xbox with out the - mark. Gamecube hasn't sold nearly as many network adapters as xbox live so I think there will be way more PSOx players that PSOgc. And who cares about the engine, why do you think they are taking so much time to release this thing. In my opinion PSOx will own PSOgc (i have a gamecube also).

Wolfos
Mar 5, 2003, 11:08 PM
carm down, im being fair. X-box has sold more over christmas but its still not at number 2 yet. its about 30k sales less, and there taking there time becouse there adding more " improved " ideas, which means bill gates wants stuff added for on reason. and also only 10% of the uk had Boradband. so how can you say they will own GC. GC has a normal and a boradband modem. more importantly the winners will be sega. since Nintendo made them HUGE amounts of cash from Sonic Adventure 2 : battle and so have other console with diffrent games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Note : Its said xbox. its Typed ( befor BG changed ) X-BOX. since its a title http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wolfos on 2003-03-05 20:10 ]</font>

CrashCat
Mar 5, 2003, 11:44 PM
Is there some law against having both a Gamecube and an Xbox? I might have to turn myself in... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wolfos
Mar 6, 2003, 12:04 AM
There might be, i think its more of a mental rule http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif since there isnt anything wrong, just isnt logical