PDA

View Full Version : Question about the

eXo
Feb 27, 2003, 06:20 AM
Hiya just had a quick question about the"Psycho Wand"you see from what I can see Purplenum is somewhat of a very popular section "ID".Only to be surpassed by Redria and maybe Oran thanks to all of the people named "Trunks" and them hunting for the Parasitic DNA Gene *LOL* .Anyway thats along story back to my topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif for this color to be so popular why is thereonly one confirmation of finding,the psychowand and its from MIL Lily?and the description says that its the ultimate force weapon?Comeon as many fellow FOmars as there is out there,do you mean to tell me that over one of you have the PSYCHO WAND.
Is it really that hard to find?If so I see alot of long sad days ahead of me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
This is Post Number 102 for eXo

Mystil
Feb 27, 2003, 11:07 AM
Yes THE pyscho wand is very hard to find(from the Older PSO). There is a wand even harder to find and better than the Pyscho wand. But I forgot the name of it.

Celes152
Feb 27, 2003, 11:23 AM
Actually, the Pwand will be the best FOrce weapon you'll ever own. It halfs TP cost, and takes some of your HP to cast. It's not so bad, just cast an occasional Resta. You can go huge distances without having to use fluids with it, and it boosts all RA- techs,

Stalfos333
Feb 27, 2003, 11:47 AM
I believe the Dark Bridge (Olga Flow's DNA making wand thing, whatever it's called) is the "better" one he's talking about. I've never used it, but I hear the HP drop isn't so big.

VulpesMundi
Feb 27, 2003, 12:00 PM
Purplenum is one of the best all-around IDs based on what it can find. Mechguns are its most common find, and even a basic Vulcan or 9-star Combat can be extremely useful with a decent hit bonus. As for the Psycho Wand, I managed to find one after killing twelve Mil Lilies (which is pretty fortunate). It's extremely useful for a force that has the 900 MST (or more) to equip it. It boosts Ra-type spells 30%. Besides the halved TP cost, it also adds 50 DFP. Its penalty is that it steals HP in the amount of the original spell cost. The Dark Bridge is said to do all that, but also occassionally causes a random adverse status effect. Not counting online through dupe-u-nation (Vega?), the Dark Bridge is much harder to aquire than the Psycho Wand, and they're roughly equal usefulness-wise.

The following link leads to the topic I posted when I found my Psycho Wand nearly two months ago, if you're interested.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37937&forum=7

Mystil
Feb 28, 2003, 10:22 AM
I was actually talking about the Magical Piece, but I see ST downgraded this fascinating force weapon since the old days.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 28, 2003, 01:15 PM
The Dark Bridge supposedly cuts tp cost by 50% also, but it steals less hp than the Psychowand. It is also said to boost Grants and Megid (making the latter penetrate through targets - same ability fonewearls have).

However, it doesn't just drop 1 status ailment on you. Oh nooo...try 2 - 4 at once. Seen it happen too, so I can vouch for it. You could be walking along and WHAM, you're frozen, paralyzed, confused and poisoned.

I have heard that it will also randomly do an insta-death move on you, but that's just a rumor.

I guess the Bridge would be good if you had a Sacred Cloth equipped, along with a cure/freeze, and perhaps a cure/shock. 'course, none of that matters if it really does drop a level 30 megid right on your head...