PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 About Kubara replica weapons

Ghostcat
Jan 3, 2010, 12:24 AM
Kubara replica info from this thread (for those with the same questions I had :))

There are 2 kinds of Kubara weapons. Replicas and Uniques.

-Replicas imitate other brand weapons, but are gray and C-B rank. They deal 90% PA damage for 110% of the normal PP cost.
Example: For the GRM Double Saber Ragan-Ragan, there is the Kubara Double Saber Ragan-Ragac

-Unique weapons include many of the novelty weapons, as well as rare ones. They don't have the penalty, but can have their own effects.
Example: Clair Doubles or Sacred Dusters

I got my first replica weapons, and I have a question.

By replica I mean those imitation weapons that are all gray and C ranked.
In PSP they had ridiculously low PP stats. However, now that PP is character specific, there seems to be no downside to them, aside from base stats.

So... are there any disadvantages to them?

Ceresa
Jan 3, 2010, 12:25 AM
PA damage penalty.

Ghostcat
Jan 3, 2010, 12:32 AM
Ouch, that's not so great.
Then again, they're better than all my other weapons by like 150 ATP.
How bad is the penalty?

Tails_night
Jan 3, 2010, 12:57 AM
This makes me wonder too, how bad IS the penalty and eh what exactly is the penalty?

RemiusTA
Jan 3, 2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah, it doesnt seem to make sense.

Striking weapons may get a PA penalty, yeah, but theres a C-rank Kubara GRM Rod replica I use that is leaps and bounds higher in TP than most 7* and 8* rods.

If it lowers technic damage, the added TP damage seems to more than pay for it. Not to mention, the thing is more expensive than the highest A-rank the store sells me. PP cost isnt higher or anything, its just stronger for no reason. I have a C-rank Kubara sword thats the same way.

Pillan
Jan 3, 2010, 01:19 AM
The way I see it, the Kubara copies are essentially a B or A rank weapon for the cost of a C rank in Extend Points (or an S rank for the cost of a B rank), which is very worthwhile if you're trying to get more than six non-class weapons on your pallet. I'd argue that alone makes it worthwhile despite the art penalty.

RemiusTA
Jan 3, 2010, 01:53 AM
wow, that makes sense.

I get it now, they aren't completely useless.

Arika
Jan 3, 2010, 05:01 AM
I just finished S rank HSM runs with Raiden and biowarrior today.

Got a B rank kubara replica of Blackbull that has the power of S rank.
(blackbull atp ~650, ata around ~180)

Lucky 777
Jan 3, 2010, 07:10 AM
You can get a large heap of them from Elias toughest client missions I,m not after them though. I mind as well get the real deal.

Tails_night
Jan 3, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hmm, now I guess I can enjoy the replica products for more than their asthetic value. Thanks this helepd out a lot.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 3, 2010, 09:47 PM
Its a PA Consumption and PA damage penalty. 110% PA PP consumption and 90% PA Damage apparently.
I think they're useful for maybe getting one or two weapons you want to use but are playing a type thats not proficient with them, otherwise its better to use real weapons.

Ghostcat
Jan 3, 2010, 11:36 PM
Another use occurred to me.
Leveling a type that you haven't used yet!
:) You can do harder missions without using crap weapons.

iSelphy
Jan 4, 2010, 12:08 AM
When you guys are talking about replica weapons, do you mean double saber replica and the set you can get from battle mode titles?

Tails_night
Jan 4, 2010, 12:27 AM
I think they're talking about weapons like the kubara copies like Sodac or Cometerac, or De Ragnuc, etc. Weapons like those.

RemiusTA
Jan 4, 2010, 01:13 AM
They're definately helpful for leveling classes that aren't your own.

Kubara Rifle just made my Ranger leveling easy as hell.

Ghostcat
Jan 4, 2010, 09:40 AM
Err, quick question.
Is the PA penalty tied to the kubara brand?
I want to know because some of the novelty items are stronger than my current ones.
It would be a real pain if they all had a PA penalty :(

Amherst_Wind
Jan 4, 2010, 12:32 PM
Its tied to Kubara replicas only, there are two types of Kubara weapons...

There are Kubara replicas of GRM, Yohmei or Tenora weapons (like the GRM Double Saber Ragan-Ragan, there is the Kubara Double Saber Ragan-Ragac). Those types of weapons carry the PA penalty.

Then there are unique Kubara weapons, which is basically anything unique like Claire Doubles, Sacred Dusters, most of the novelty weapons, basically a LOT of weapons are unique Kubara weapons. They don't always have the penalty however certain weapons may have a penalty or a bonus, its unique to each weapon (like the De Ran Slayer cuts PA PP cost to 80%) but for the most part unique Kubara weapons are 100% PP use 100% PA Damage.

Drawers
Jan 4, 2010, 03:24 PM
The only real flaw imo is the weapon's generic look.

Anon_Fire
Jan 4, 2010, 03:47 PM
Like a reduction in PA damage and PP cost?

Ghostcat
Jan 4, 2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks for answering :)
I'm going to update my first post with all the info.